Why do people play moralfags in RPGs?

Why do people play moralfags in RPGs?

Does anyone else find this interesting? Does it make up some inadequacy or insecurity in their every day lives? Are they simply emotionally and intellectually undeveloped and immature? Are these people a way to make a quick buck from bad DMs who want to exploit their childish hero complex?

>Why do people play moralfags in RPGs?

Leaving aside the fact that I just like helping people...being a Good Guy tends to get you better XP, more quest options, and better treasure. Y'know, the things I play the game for.

Yes, of course, you are right.

>murderhobo thinks his opinion matters at all

Enjoy dying alone

/thread

Have you ever considered that most people base their fictional character's personality on real-life archetypes?
If you've never seen a moral or upstanding citizen, you probably live in some degenerate shithole.
Also, it's way easier to make a kool komplex kid who dont care into anythin' when compared to making a character who has strong beliefs and things they fight for.

ok

they grew up

source on op's image?

Moralfag is one of those words that let you know that you can immediately discard someone else's opinions.

Fascist is another good one.

What other words can YOU think of?

Because computer RPGs force you to. Even fucking Tyranny, the game of being an evil tyrant.

>Save the Vendrien Guard so you can enslave them for Tunon's glory
>"Fuck yeah, we're officially sanctioned rebels now!"
No you dumb fucks, you're my slaves!

Looks like Icewind Dale, an Infinity Engine game (so the same look and mechanics as Baldur's Gate or Planescape: Torment)

Cuck.

That is, I'm not calling you a cuck, but rather "cuck" is one of those words that, if someone is using it to denote anything other than actual cuckoldry, then their opinions can probably be safely ignored.

Most people are pro-social, crazy I know but they actually LIKE helping people and making themselves useful to others.

Personally, I kill and eat everyone if I possibly can. It's partly because I hate people irl, but mostly because the "evil" options in these games are usually more fun.

Cuck's a good one. It's a shame, because there is a definite sort of effete liberal type who really should be called "cuck". The parents of Amy Biehl who shook hands with her murderers when they were released from prison because they said that they'd done it for political reasons.

Those political reasons were simply that she was white (even though she was an anti-Apartheid activist).

But cuck is mostly just used to describe anyone who doesn't like Donald Trump or points out that he lost the popular vote by a larger margin than Gerald Ford.

Icewind Dale 2. A good game, you should give it a shot if you can get it to run these days.

What if you're discussing the life of Benito Mussolini? Should you discard someone's opinions if they say that Benito Mussolini was a fascist?

My group is made of Warhammer 40k players. I don't know how they will play in the long run, but from what I have seen in the first battle, they are opportunists, oath-breakers, liars, looters, pillagers, torturers, scammers, rapists, and evil as fuck, even the Tau player.

No.
Lrn 2 context and infer more.

>recycled bait