40k general

Read the fucking OP Edition

Ordo Chronos sub-edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The LE cannoness sold out in like an hour, imperial agents is sold out on pre order alone...

Is this enough to show GW that there's money in sisters after all?

The real question is if I buy 5 talos will GW drop a new DE release?

On topic though maybe?

I sure hope so.
I don't know why, but the Talos looks so cute in that pose...

Shortly after the Wrath of Magnus release i saw a Magnus model painted in a fleshtone and without most of his armour posted here.

Did anyone save it? i know i didnt and i want to have a second look.

Trying out a Night Lords list that can hold its own. Yes those are warp talons because my local meta is 3+ save hell

Cultists with turn one night fighting and stealth should hold through a turn, and rolling for divination on the non termie sorc to get some better reserves.

non-termie sorc will roll with he apostle in the large cult blob and march. The other is rolling evil-geomancy for shenanigans

I posted this in the other thread, but...

Which books do I need to build a fully mechanized IG army? There seems to be 3-5 of them needed but they're scattered.

Also, what should I bring to ruin a Ravenwing bike spammer's day as IG?

>Which books do I need to build a fully mechanized IG army?
just the standard codex

1,000 Points Black Legion (995/1000)
++Black Legion Speartip Detachment
+Black Legion Warband
Chaos Lord- Terminator Armor, Power Axe, Spineshard Blade, VotLW, Warlord- 140
Sorcerer- Mastery Level 3, Spell Familiar, Force Sword, VotLW- 125
Chosen (5)- Meltagun (2), VotLW, Rhino- 145
Chosen (5)- Meltagun (2), VotLW, Rhino- 145
Raptors (5)- Plasma Gun (2), VotLW- 125
Terminators (4)- Combi-Plasma (4), Power Axe, Power Maul (2), Chainfist, VotLW- 160
Havocs (5)- Autocannon (2), VotLW, Rhino- 130
+Spawn
Chaos Spawn- 30

Sorcerer rides with the Chosen.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Looking for an all mech list? look up the Kauy'on supplement and the IG formations in that.

Grab a tank commander for command and an armored battlegroup as core. There, full list of only Leman russes so far and totally legal.

>Also, what should I bring to ruin a Ravenwing bike spammer's day as IG?

Check out the Emperor's Wrath Artillery Company. It gets a CCS in a chimera that can give orders to the basilisks in the formation and can spot targets for twin linked.

Spam ignores cover basilisks all day and win against that jink bullshit.

Sorcerers don't have Divination.

Ichor Blood is a waste.

Stormbolt and Sigil are wasted on the foot Sorcerer. He should just be passing all wounds off to the cultists on a 2+. Not really sure why the one Sorcerer is in Terminator Armor.

Not sure why that 6 man squad has an Icon of Vengeance.

I'd cut all that extraneous crap for an ADL with Comms and max'ing out the Meltaguns on the Raptor squads.

hows this 1k alpha legion list looking, its not complete but here is my reasoning behind it, so marines and cultist keeping enemy busy due to infiltrate. hellbrute sat back shooting small blast plasma cannon into their infantry.(doubt i have points for a squad of havocs and i like hellbrutes)

the last points im thinking about using is a squad of either warp talons or raptors with my lord with jump pack rushing up the board whilst the enemy has to deal with the rest of my army and rushing important units into close combat with his deamon weapon (i just like the rules of that alpha legions artifact). i know bikes are probably better and lord on bike aswell but i like jump infantry.

so thoughts and raptors with what equipment or warptalons for last amount of points

mont'ka for the decurion

not necessary if you just want full mechanization, and that detachment requires you to buy a shitload of models you may or may not want to use

Oh yeah, and a really radical recommendation. Cut the Sorcerers and the Heldrakes for the Omniscient Oracles formation. A Lord of Change and Fateweaver provide better anti-air than a pair of Heldrakes, can support in CC, and actually have access to Divination. Plus, they let you reroll to seize and reroll reserves.

I'd just do Raptors and use the remaining points giving the Cultists some Flamers and maybe the Icon of Buffing Cultists for the Apostle.

Still requires non-mech troops.

UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

>Sorcerers don't have Divination.
Pic related. Out of date?

Noted on the other changes though, probably cut armor costs and icon for another sorc.

>Still requires non-mech troops.
no?

Infantry platoons and veterans have the option for dedicated transports, mate.

TEN THOUSAND YEARS OF ODOR BLOCKING POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

minimum is 1 command tank formation or CCS which can be in a chimera. your mech IG can just all be CCS in chimera or tanks.

Correction on my part, the formations are in Mont'ka

>Infantry platoons and veterans
Not wanted.

The core available the the IG decurion can be an armored battlegroup. Leman russes only with a single enginseer as tax. Command can be a tank commander as well. not a guardsmen in sight

okay, but they are mechanized

The base IG codex has been able to run fully mechanized lists out of the tin since late third edition.

> (You)
>I'd just do Raptors and use the remaining points giving the Cultists some Flamers and maybe the Icon of Buffing Cultists for the Apostle.

alright. but u think the list is ok? not gonna be doing tournaments or whatever just for friendly games

It's a typo. The FAQ has an amendment adding Daeomonology to our discipline list, but not Divination.

Scarab Occult Sorcerers, Exalted Sorcerers, and Ahriman have access to it.

Should do okay. Just make sure the tables have enough terrain.

Repeating the question from last thread.

In an all terminator army what suits better.

> 2x 5 man squads 2x 10 man squads
or
> all 5 man squads

Armored Company fags were the Knight-spammers before Imperial Knights became a thing. It results in shitty games decided entirely during list construction.

All tonka trucks is fine for narrative games or other games where the opponent has heads-up, but for casual play? Fuck off with that shit.

Wow he actually would look baller as fuck with dark skin, no wings, and no chest armor.

Don't they have combat squads? If you're going to take 30 of them anyways, why not just do 3x10 for the options?

You need to fit in some Chainfists.

more units is better, terminators have to spread themselves out to even hope to match a standard army

The model is just such a mess. The studio paint scheme making him purple instead of crimson is stupid, each set of horns is okay on its own but excessive combined, and the armor looks like something out of fantasy.

I dont think deathwing have combat squads actually... Maybe I missed it though

>Orks
>No access to telekinesis

And that, ladies and gents, is the reason no one uses telekinesis

Thanks, but not the one i was thinking about

TK is just a really awkward discipline. Telekin Dome and Levitation are both nifty powers, but the rest of the discipline is pretty crappy, they don't really synergize well with each other, and neither is worth diving for.

The disciplines need reworked pretty badly.

>think about going back to 40K after a 13 years hiatus
>check the latest Tau codex
>mfw it has 130 pages
>mfw my old 3E codex has 60 pages
>all these new battlesuits that are basically the exact same shit with slight differences
Why the hell did they add so many units? Is every army the same kind of clusterfuck? Is it worth getting back into the game?

Money

Yes

Not for the gameplay

i've used telekinesis but my problem with the table is everything is too short ranged, even on a flying prince

>tfw similar experience

I was expecting 10 years of changes to Tau to give them a load of cool alien auxilaries

no just bigger crisis suits

>Why the hell did they add so many units?
Demands for options/diversity, I kind of think this is a good thing, except for that I find a lot of the new units pretty boring
>Is every army the same kind of clusterfuck?
some are nicely designed. I like Skitarii and Genestealer Cults codex a lot

older codex like Space Mraines and Eldar are a fuck, though
>Is it worth getting back into the game?
I just paint, the competitive side of the game is fucked atm because they tried to introduce Apocalypse into regular 40k

heres my "final" list went with 1 flamer 1 melta for raptors just to stay under 1k , also gave cultists flamers

yea, everyone knows its shit and hardly every takes it, but I tell you what, an Ork player would really appreciate it

What's this website called again?

Oh yeah, none of the powers actually rely on a true To Hit roll, and both of the blessings would be really nice with Orks.

Veeky Forums.org

K, wasn't sure. What about the list building one?

Boku no OP

Maybe if you read the OP, it would give you a clue before you kill yourself.

Don't mix special on the raptors. Give them two meltas or two flamers, not one of each. Since you already have flamers in your cultists, give them two meltas so you don't lose to anything in a rhino.

Take the flamer from the raptors, give it to the chosen because they're going to want to assault because they have nothing better to do and the plasma is a waste. Take their plasma and give it to one of the CSM squads because they're worthless and might as well have something that can do some damage outside of 12". Finally, take that melta gun and give it to the raptors.

See >List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
>webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Here comes the aeroplane! Who's a big boy!

The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of a Night Lords Warband with Dread Claws. They're 100 points, sure, but they're not terrible outside of possession.

>T1 Night Fighting for 3+ jink T1
>assault ramps for Hellbrutes/chosen
>vector strikes on worst armor for fliers
>works on ground, too
>and on deepstrike
>ObSec for point captures
>can rapidly redeploy units
>who can then assault

The only thing I don't like besides possession is that termies can't take them unlike in 30k.

Dicking around with some lists, what do you think of this one?

-Cult of Destruction-
Warpsmith - 110
Obilterators x3 - 210
Obliterators x3 - 210
Obliterators x3 - 210

-Fist of the Gods-
Warpsmith - 110
Chaos Vindicator - Daemonic Possession, Siege Shield, Combi Bolter - 150

-Mayhem Pack-
Helbrute - Powerfist w/ Flamer x2 - 130

-The Lost and the Damned-
Dark Apostle - 105
Chaos Cultists x10 - 50
Chaos Cultists x10 - 50
Chaos Cultists x10 - 50
Chaos Cultists x10 - 50

Total - 1995

Warpsmith joins a unit of Obliterators and they do their thing.

Vindicators move forward towards the bulk of the enemy army and unleash the ignoring cover Apocalyptic Blast (combi bolters there for Demolisher Cannon protection) while the Warpsmith follows behind repairing any damages he can.

Mayhem Pack deepstrikes behind any horde units and flames them off the board (will change loadout depending on army I'm facing to better suit the situation).

The Lost and the Damned will run for Objectives I guess.

Anything I should switch up?

terminators have other methods of deep striking, it's the basic marines that need the mobility to become relevant

Also possessed in a claw are pretty interesting. More so than chosen, at least.

Sure, Termies can deep strike, but if I wanted to run LC termies in a NL fashion, then I'm sol without a LR.

According to IA13, possessed can't take a claw, which would actually make them interesting. Take the formation in Claws, and have the Prince chill nearby, two come down on T1, then assault out of them on T2.

>ive it to the chosen because they're going to want to assault because they have nothing better to do and the plasma is a waste.

pretty sure everyone runs chosen with plasmas not flamers so i dont see how they are useless

I thought there was only one with a plasma because that site is ass. Still, you'll want to shift the flamer and melta then. Put the melta where it will be useful.

Anything new going p tomorrow?

so raptors with 2 meltas, keep 4 plasma chosen and somehow lose 5points to make it 1000pts list, otherwise its an ok list?

which legion

I haven't read those yet. Was thinking IW since it kinda looks like an IW list imo.

>will change loadout depending on army I'm facing to better suit the situation
>tailoring
you a shit head

your army basically only gets bonus from alpha legion (infiltrate on the cultists). be warned, any ignores cover is going to mean you will quickly run out of objective takers

>making sure my units aren't useless is tailoring

K.

How many armies have reliable ignore cover these days anyway?

>‘We are the Rout, Anvindr, you know our accounts,’ he had said. ‘We were chosen by the Emperor not simply because we would slaughter traitors without mercy, but because we would do so relentlessly, without reservation. We show no mercy to the enemy but, when our orders demand it, neither should we show mercy to ourselves. You lost a brother due to this Pranix, but that was one loss on the way to your enemy’s defeat. We do not have to like the tactics to see the necessity of the outcome.’

>‘Such subterfuge is not our way,’ Anvindr had said, trying not to let defiance slip into his voice. He kept his head low, avoiding Haakan’s gaze.

>The jarl had let out a low growl, a threat that kept Anvindr’s head down.

>‘Our ways are our ways,’ spat Haakan. ‘We have our own honour and our own code, and we pity and hate those mortals and others who live by lesser creeds. But the Inquisition is an instrument of the Emperor, also. They have their own codes that are not ours, but to live with honour we follow their orders nonetheless. Go, take your doubt and crush it as you would any enemy.’

>‘I recognise my failing,’ Anvindr had said as he crossed to leave. ‘And will be sure to correct it.’

>‘You do that, Anvindr Godrichsson,’ Haakan had said. ‘And remember that, should we be led astray by another’s foolish whims… Well, the Emperor’s will has a way of correcting that, too.’

>Those had been dangerous words for even a jarl to utter, and they were the one part of the conversation Anvindr had not repeated to his pack. Sitting staring into the fire, those words calmed Anvindr’s silent rage a little, the slim promise that Pranix might face a reckoning still.

-"Tyrant of the Hollow Worlds"

So the SPESS WOOFS respect the Inquisition and the power of their office. Veeky Forums confirmed to be liars again.

>alpha legion
It doesn't even have a warband. No, it has to be IW
Also, Tank Hunter obliterators.

>lose 5 points

Just swap the melta from the CSM squad with the flamer from the raptors.

Vehicles might be an issue, but between the raptors and infiltrating chosen, you can pick your fights early while the Brute gets into position and hopefully doesn't get picked off. Maybe swap the PC for MM on the Brute.

Umm, Chosen and CSM both get infiltrate, and if cultists die, he get twin rolls for more cultists.

Kek hell no

I can lose 5points just by cutting 1 flamer from a cultist squad, 3 with flamers 1 without that way i gets the csm with meltas and the raptors. probably best way to go about it since they are cannon fodder

You could do that, sure.

>Traitor Legion book sold out everywhere

dear god why, now I have to use this shitty epub version from this thread.

>How many armies have reliable ignore cover these days anyway?

Tau most obviously. Guard. Anyone that can bring fast-moving Flamer Templates. Eldar to a limited degree (Swooping Hawk grenade packs). Admech have lots of stuff that reduces cover saves, even if they don't have anything which ignores them outright.

In this artwork is the person with the heavy flamer supposed to be a battle sister?
Looks like an old guy, but has the boob plate and normal battle sister power armor...

thanks for all the input btw

Fucking hell

>Umm, Chosen and CSM both get infiltrate, and if cultists die, he get twin rolls for more cultists.

yeah, he dosent have any marines, and you only get the double dip cultist in the decurion, so no, he dosent get great bonuses
>Also, Tank Hunter obliterators.
eh, fair enough. just means he has even less use for the cultists

also there is a psy power that give ignore cover

I think you miss quoted something. I was talking about who does have the Decurion and plenty of Marines.

Nope, you misquoted.

> (You)
>Umm, Chosen and CSM both get infiltrate, and if cultists die, he get twin rolls for more cultists.
no friend, it was you who fucked up

Yup, you're right. Carry on.

This one?

>dat wriathknight in the background
>"ooh yeah, i don't know what that is, but i am going to give it the D"

Nope, this one probably.

Oh look the answer they ALWAYS give. Kek just give up, Sisters are done.

oh come on...

yo disc of tzeentch counts as a jetbike so that means a +1 T right

Yes

Correct

It's gonna happen this time, dammit.

>those brimstone horrors

Those aren't the ones from Silver Tower...

What's a good unit for IG to deal with TEQs? Executioner?

AoS Tzeentch release in January, blue and brimstone horrors are coming.

Oh neat. Is that actually confirmed?

Nah, but we'll know soon enough with WD.