Tl;dr how do you kill a settings GOD

This question extends beyond any individual setting, but more specifically I'm looking for an answer towards Zen-Ou from Dragon Ball Super. As a player, or as a villain how do you kill or replace a character with power to erase universes at a whim. Would you have to somehow work in a word play and make him use his powers against himself? I can't imagine a bet working (ie. try to make the God boulder thing work). Feel free to list other settings god equivalents (One-above-all; Marvel) and if its been done.

The guy can destroy the entire multiverse on a whim.

You don't FIGHT him, you appease him because there's nothing you can do to him because Dragon Ball suddenly decided it didn't want to be a setting that could meaningfully be pitted against other settings.

>Dragon Ball suddenly decided it didn't want to be a setting that could meaningfully be pitted against other settings.

Probably for the best

It's astounding how fucking boring and pointless things got when Super rolled around.

You don't, that's the point. Anything you manage to kill was never really a god to begin with. At best they were a comparatively powerful imposter.

>Would you have to somehow work in a word play and make him use his powers against himself?
See, that's dumb because even if you manage to get him to say something like "I'm going to shoot myself in the head" he'll not do it, call you a smarmy git and live with the fact that he'll got tricked.

Or he might erase that universe out of shame along with the memory of it.

Your best bets are mind control, or mind manipulation to make him not want to exist any more. You can't do it with normal wordplay.

A few years ago some faggot came asking Veeky Forums how to kill the Judeo-Christian God. His logic was that since they'd offed Metatron in-game then The Big Guy Upstairs must be free game.

Everyone told him he was an idiot on a fool's errand. This would be a similar situation, unless blueball there has some extra limit on him, like not existing simultaneously at every moment in time or somesuch.

And now there's two of him.
Thanks Trunks...

>Anything you manage to kill was never really a god to begin with.
Depends on the setting.

Well depends on the setting.
The multiverse is a big place so you can always find some "infinity plus one" Mary Sue floating about. The problem is getting that one to piss off after.
But there are other methods, such as people who make the world more realistic around them. In other words to kill a god, you need someone that can. And if the multiverse is infinite, you can find that thing. The problem is finding one without being blasted to all fuck.
You mean in setting? Sorry, you get to eat shit if he truely is all powerful and even the super dragon balls can't do much.

Punch him really really hard

We could punch him really hard... together.

Look, if he's really the setting's capital-G God, everything will fucking grind to a halt if he's not there.
The whole point of a particular being being God is that God sets the universe's rules. He doesn't have to be able to create a boulder he can't lift, because God literally sets the standards of everything. In other words, if a God creates a bolder with the unliftable quality, the reason it's unliftable is not due to his weakness- it's because if he lifted it he would be making it 'liftable' and thus defeating the damned purpose of making it unliftable in the first place. Basically, you'd be asking for a round square and then crying foul when the god tells you that's fucking stupid because you're asking for nonsense.
The only possible situation in which you could 'win' is if the God specifically set up the situation so that he had a damageable body and either the universe runs on autopilot if that body dies (with nothing to change it, so you basically made metaphysics inalterable) or whoever beat that particular form becomes the new God. And in either of those cases, you were enabled by the very person who you were trying to defeat.

I didn't think so. To be quite honest my goal wasn't even to necessarily kill him, but to replace him. Though, in consideration is right, there are two of them now, so maybe time manipulation to get two OmniKings together and have them duke it out? Or just bring the one in the present to the future freeing up the job? But then how do you cement the position. Hmm, its sounding like an impossible task overall

You make a good point.
How can I *befriend* a setting's capital-G God?
And I mean in a way that allows constructive criticism, not just submission, because I assume OP's capital-G God is an antagonist.

Depends on the God. Some will take interest in you if you perform great acts of heroism, some want relationships based on mutual gain, and some will only be satisfied with submission or your pitiful screams.

Define 'submission'. Generally, someone who sets the rules isn't going to get involved in the minutae of those rules unless the situation is ambiguous or people are misinterpreting them.
If I had to respond in the general sense, I'd say that the best way of getting what you want is to determine how to get what you want USING the rules of the setting.
Otherwise, you're going to have to make a case as to why you in particular, rather than everyone else, deserve an exception, and that really does depend on the God in that case.

Punch him really hard together while putting all our feelings in it. I don't see how this can fail.

Read the Lucifer Comic series, and you'll get all the answers you never wanted.

>If I had to respond in the general sense, I'd say that the best way of getting what you want is to determine how to get what you want USING the rules of the setting.
This is the fundamental raison d'etré of Kabbala