He's here

And he's huge!

>FW knight-variant #154

*yaaaawn*

I'm liking the rules for 30k so far, because everyone knows my Mechanicum Taghmata needs more anti-superheavy infantry spam.

The fuck is this shit?

I can't help but be reminded of when my cat brings me dead birds and mice.

Did the Blood Ravens manage to steal a Knight? Thats ballsy even for them

>The fuck is this shit?

Specifically, it's an "Acastus Knight Porphyrion" from Forge World.

Looks like double TLDs. Please tell me i'm wrong.

I really wish they'd go back to making weird and interesting stuff for 40k.

Who got Battletech in my 40k?

Half the points of Warhound with only slightly worse (but more accurate) primary weapons and loads of secondary weapons Warhound lacks. With 4++ instead of void shields and only 1 HP less. Yeah, totally balanced

They have Forgebreaker and some custodes power armour. Knights are perfectly fine

>slightly

The difference between D and 10 is pretty big my dude.

>Sir, mech games are making a comeback in popularity! What do we do?!
>Take their player base. The rich ALWAYS get richer.

S10 AP2 Large Blast Twin Linked Ordnance 2

So 4 TL Ordnance shots per turn.

It's 2/3rds, not 1/2.

Maybe if xeno players (other than tau) had bought shit, they would still make xeno shit.

He's a big knight

Woah, ANOTHER $200 knight!
Just put that on the list of things I'll never buy.

How many knights does one man need?

For the Emperor

How many will fit around the table?

I need a full Knight House user.

D-don't judge me.

And We don't care.

I wouldn't be surprised if the titan Invictus from Space Marine didn't "go missing" after Titus was carted away by the Inquisition.

so at what points level do people typically take these kinds of units?

3000 point games about.

Pretty average for 30k.

>A titan? No sense Inquisitor, this is just an ancient pattern of dreadnought! See, it's in red, and bears the raven, like a proud blood raven!
>Brother Tarkus, the paint is still fresh. And I can hear two techmarines shouting about "how the fuck this shit moves" Also it's like 10 times bigger than the Castaferrum pattern

Honestly I could probably buy two trinaries for what this thing is going to cost.

they didn't steal it, it was a gift.

I feel like this defeats the purpose of knights being baby titans.

Looks retarded. BTW Knights should be smaller and weaker titans, not titans with weaker weapons.

But that does not cover bills. GW and forgeworld have learned that big fat mechs with weapons that required specialized carriages print money. ANd they also get multiple of those weapons.

Isn't that a Traitor knight?

Yep, that's House Malinax iconography, indentured Knight House of Xana II, the place that makes the Hellblade and Hell Talon daemon aircraft.
Of course, during the Heresy they were slightly less obviously Chaos, but still not exactly right on.
Run by this guy, who can beat Horus in a straight duel tableside.

This one in Malinax colours is traitor, but this knight was also used by loyalists.

Why is it just space Marines vs space Marines in 30k?

Will they ever explain Xana II or is it just going to be a "mystery" forever?

Like, I feel like Xana II is going to be some time travel shit where a forgeworld in the future gets sent back into the past by a warp storm.

As ridiculous as it may be, in a white dwarf issue, there was in fact a showcase of a blood ravens army with titans bearing the chapter's insignia.

If I find it I'll post pics

It's fairly well explained in the Horus Heresy Book 6, IIRC. Has a whole chapter with Xana fighting a loyalist assault.

Man that pose is boring as fuck.

Either a problem of the kit, or whoever they got to build it.

You one of those dumbasses who wants his knights jumping and doing flips through the air

$400
plus tax

It's hard to pose when your arms are guns.

Maybe if they made some xeno shit, xeno players would have something to buy.

If you aren't willing to spend 200 quid a model GW don't give a fuck

>and it works

Don't even ask me how cos I am fucking clueless.

Because that is the main focus of the Horus Heresy. Also the legions are objectively the most interesting factions in the settimg

>Y-y-you're poor!

Whoah now. Maybe you shouldn't project that much.

What those Solar Rectum dudes any popular in 30k?

But it's literally not explained in Heresy book 6.

What're they gonna buy asshole? a fucking manta?
There's fuck all on there for xenos.

Tau pseudotitan.
Eldar jetpack Revenant Titan, and Phantom Titan.
Orks Stompa GW and FW
Tyranids bio-titan

What titan is that?

Ahhh, the cunningest brutalest Deff Skulls boyz. Dey got dem 'umies fooled proper dey 'ave.

ALL of them user. ALL of them. Hell I still got THREE Armorcast Reavers and FOUR Armorcast Warhounds that haven't seen a lick of paint. Don't get me started on knights, I've resisted the urge, but it's always there in the back of my mind, 'Go on, you KNOW you've always wanted to replicate that Epic Knight House you've got in 40k scale...'

>we cannot make good miniatures, so instead of this we will make BIG models who looks like Action Figures

They have a decent fanbase. Mechanicum is definitely another contender.

>we will make BIG models
for you

I fucking hate all these giant walkers. This game is quickly devolving.

I don't like that it is so huge
I'd have preferred if it stayed scaled like in pic related

I don't like them either but you have to realize they're this prolific because they sell. Same reason Tau get so many giant robots and same reason Space Marines get so many variants.

Same. I was actually thinking of buying my first "big" model that was larger than a Land Raider with the original Porphyrion concept, but then they made it four times bigger for some reason.

Agreed. The new version is too huge, only marginally smaller than a fucking Warhound, which shits all over the lore and makes for an absolute bastard to mix with the other knight-patterns in terms of visual coherency.
Shame, I like the design, but I see no point in having one, especially considering that transporting a regular Household is already a pain, but this makes it more or less impossible.

So. Your knights at the gym and he's told by the warlord titan.

Son? Do you even lift.

Being a knight, he's insecure about his size and as a result bulks up his size.

495 points? What the fuck, a kitted Crusader is 475...

I have to wonder, didn't knights have a upper limit in terms of size, beyond which anything would be a multi-crew titan? Because at a glance that looks bigger and certainly bulkier than my Warhound.
Also, I doubt it'd look good in a regular knight army, since all the other machines would look puny.

BUT user THIS IS THE APROHUGEUS OZMEGABIGASFUCK ATROSHITFUCKINBIG PATTERN!!

That's WAY bigger than a warhound, and thus retarded as hell in basic concept alone. I'd be way more okay with this model existing if they just called it a goddamn titan instead of trying to say it's a knight for some reason.

That's totally justified. I mean, look what little those 35pts get you over a comparable Crusader with RBC and Ironstorm (460pts):
- your Rapid-fire Battle Cannon changes from S8 AP3 to TL S10 AP2
- your Avenger Gatling (roughly the mechanical equivalent to the RBC) also becomes TL S10 AP2
- your two heavy stubbers become autocannons
- your Ironstorm goes up to Massive Blast
- you gain a mere +1AV on front and sides
- you gain +2 HP
- you gain +1BS
- you gain a lesser form of IWND
All of those are very situational upgrades and barely worth considering, but, worst of all you *also* lose a heavy flamer and go down to I3, which is awful for a knight.
As you can see, that all totally justified. In fact, it's obvious that even 495 is way overcosted and needs to be lowered.

In an interview FW said they had to scale the model up because otherwise people might have confused it with a questoris-pattern knight in the upcoming Adeptus Titanicus game.
Which is a stupid argument, because the Porphyrion looks nothing like any of questoris knights, but there you have it.

Thank you user what I was thinking

I don't even

>S10 AP2
>All of those are very situational upgrades and barely worth considering

The fuck? Leviathans pay more points to get WEAKER guns.

the bio titans are fucking awful tho

Last time they did that, we ended up with Tau and Necron shitting up the place.

You know why? Because the actual cool stuff like EDT, DKoK, and Eldar Corsairs don't sell.

You know what sells? Riptides, Knights, and giant robots. So of course, FW makes a billion Riptides and Knights. Of course I don't even need to mention marines selling well.

I doubt we'll ever see things like those cool ork biker sculpts, the old grot stuff, the ork vehicles, the kroot/ork reptiles, Dark Eldar, or variant Corsair/IG stuff again. Just more marines and big robots.

All the exotic stuff got punted over to AoS releases. And even those guys keep getting Chaos shit and the same crawling dragon variant.

say that to my face and not online and see what happens

If they bothered to write decent army lists for DKoK... or at least tell GW to write a decent IG one..

GIVE ME MY ELYSIANS IN CARAPACE FORGE WORLD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Damn, DKoK don't sell? I thought that they were popular.

Its true though, we have to pay way too many points for what you get.

Maybe next time they will be priced like elder or tau GCs

Some nobody pulls out of his ass that DKoK don't sell and you believe him without reservation? lol

They don't sell from forgeworld, recasters on the other hand

no, we need only moar marines and moar knights, apparently.

I would like to see FW make an entire line for minor regiments. Doesn't even need to be huge things, could just be adding stuff that GW lacks or exists in the fluff or would simply be an interesting concept.
>Vostroyan Cossack Rough Riders
>Mordian Grenadiers
>Praetorian Guard (basic squad and heavy weapon team)
>Generic penal legion upgrade kit
>Some minor vehicle upgrade kit for each regiment (just chimera doors and little bits to help make vehicles look like they fit the aesthetic of specific regiments more)

It's called sarcasm, user. You should look into it.

I am hesitant to ask, but you do realize that user was probably lampooning the whole thing, right?

Of course, it was sarcasm from both parts :D
But since another user fell for it, you did the right thing to ask.
TG is nice, Veeky Forums best board, but the autism is rampant. Luckily, is the most benevolent form of autism.

Um... Okay?

I mean supersized knight is cool and all, but honestly it's just getting ridiculous. Warlord Titan? Well, it's always been there so that's okay. Leviathan dreadnoughts? Those are actually kinda badass. KV-13 battlesuits? Uh...

This? Meh. Maybe I'm just desensitized to the titan-grade steroids everybody is taking.

I was told somebody wanted to meet me on the highschool roof?

Strictly speaking the Knight-Warden this was supposed to be before GW released their version of the Warden has been around for a long fucking time.
Mind you, the old version was actually smaller than a Knight-Paladin.

>He's here!
>And he's too damn big.
Ftfy.
I get that FW needs to stick to it's guns for the most part, but when most comments on a model are along the lines of "Yeah, looks nice, but that's way out of scale for a knight.", it might be a sensible idea to reconsider the situation.

It's a shame too. I quite like the idea behind Knights but GW/FW are doing their regular job of running a good idea into the ground.

Warlord is lacking most of its weapons, we have rules but no models, Alpharius and Dorn still have no model.
Let's make some new knight!
#FWlogic

It has a missile launcher in it's back. A missile launcher designed to pop in and out of it's carapace. Ergo, I love it.

Looks awful.

>tfw they somehow managed to steal two Emperors complete with chairs who provide them with the mary sue energy that lets them get away with pissing off with everyone's stuff.

I like it actually.

Shows that the Knight Houses if they wanted to have armors that can go toe to toe with the smaller titans and justifies their fluff as Dark Age of Technology holdouts.

I'd love to see a lot of other advanced humanity holdouts or a ton of xenos races with loads of super heavy armored tanks or mechs that could rival the mechanicus too.

When's the last time you saw DKoK on FW's top 10 selling list? Even Hive Tyrant devourers sell more.