Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Fairy Edition:
Now that the fairy First World book is out, what kind of fairy adventures do you want to run in the fairy First World, with all kinds of fairies and fairy Eldest, and maybe even fairy PCs?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread: Old thread with fairy First World book dump:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/afflictions/drugs/zerk
d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/brawler/archetypes/paizo---brawler-archetypes/mutagenic-mauler
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/mutation-warrior
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/barbarian-archetypes---flaming-crab-games/mutagenic-rager
pathfindercommunity.net/magic-items/wondrous-items/goz-mask
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Now that the fairy First World book is out, what kind of fairy adventures do you want to run in the fairy First World, with all kinds of fairies and fairy Eldest, and maybe even fairy PCs?

Only good fey

Is dead fey.

You should take Magdh's Fey Obedience for +4 untyped to all Intelligence-based skill checks, perfect for any Orator, Student of Philosophy, Clever Wordplay/Cunning Liar, or empiricist!

My big fat Int score tells me the only good fey is dead fey.

And my knowledge roll tells me these wings will burn quite nicely.

Trust a fey, ruin your day!

Hey, so if my character just spent, like, three months in a cave lifting boulders and blushing bards, would my character's Strength score go up by +1?

>blushing bards

O-Oh my. What does this involve?

Logically, prolly. Mechanically, I do not think so. Ask your DM.

Hi, I have a question.
I want to make a character that takes inspiration from Gambit and Twsited Fate, the whole card magic shenanigans.
My question is. Does anyone have any builds or recomandation on how to build it?

Only if retrain rules allow it.

Nigga what does it sound like? I pick her up and put her down, or throw her on my back while I do mad squats.

Yeah, I thought so. This sucks balls, what's even the point in lifting if I can't get mad gains?

You are already bulked to hell
If you start with high str, you can only maintain your gains with lifting

But user, what about steroids? Are those a thing in the setting?

Mutagen

d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/afflictions/drugs/zerk

>If addicted, the user also gains a +1d4 alchemical bonus to Strength for as long as he is addicted Damage 1d2 Con damage

>mfw I could have a character juicing up for +4 strength at a mere -1 to Con

Do you think the average DM would let you start off the campaign addicted to this stuff?

Well if you want to incorporate somekind of super buff steroids into your character, mutagen is far cooler

But sure, you can ask to be a drug addict.

What about a mask that constantly injects the drug?

A mask that might be rather agonizing to have forcefully removed, and that significantly improves the reputation of the wearer.

I mean yeah sure mutagens are more reliable, but how am I supposed to make mutagens if I'm not an Alchemist?

See, has the right idea! Nobody would care who this character was until he put on the mask, and now he's crashing this campaign with no survivors.

Don't even go for TDKR Bane, go full Luchador Bane.

There is Mutagen fighter

d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/brawler/archetypes/paizo---brawler-archetypes/mutagenic-mauler
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/mutation-warrior
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/barbarian-archetypes---flaming-crab-games/mutagenic-rager

pathfindercommunity.net/magic-items/wondrous-items/goz-mask

>Additionally, you are treated as one size category larger than you are and gain a +4 bonus on all saving throws made to resist the effects of wind while wearing a goz mask.

Friendly reminder that the only grammatically correct reading of this makes the goz mask increase your size category by one, for all purposes.

8,000 gp to become a big guy with a mask.

Mutation Warrior and Steelfist Commando sounds like the perfect gestalt for this character, he'll need Improved Initiative to always be on the Fight Plan and should have ties to Ghlaunder, the Mosquito Man.

Who knows? Maybe he's a GENETIC FREAK made in some Numerian laboratory by a Doctor that wasn't allowed to bring friends, and now that he's free he wants to be Starfall's reckoning.

Heck, mutagens give him low-light vision too, so he was born in the dark, molded by it!

What if he's the big brother of Val?

You know, Val Baine?

He needs darkvision to have darkness as his ally though.

Baneposting discipline commissioned with DSP when?

Yeah, he could either be a Tiefling or Aasimar.

It's a shame he can't be an Ember-blooded Aasimar, but then again that would make him a real hot head and we can't have that here. Pass for Human Demon-blooded Tiefling sounds good, maybe trait into E. Flux so the Fire rises.

>Update
Apparently that's already a thing, but it's been held up just like ex aegis

Demon-Blooded Tiefling also gives you Shatter as a spell-like ability, perfect for breaking anything from doors to spines!

Yeah but where is that Dee Double Vee Pee guy?

How would one emulate the Swordmaster / Myrmidon from the Fire Emblem series?

For those who don't know, they are low / no armored strikers that rely on their massive crit range and crit damage to drop their foes. They have low defenses, but have pretty solid dodge rates.

I was thinking about Kensai / Bladebound Magus because Shocking Grasp crits are devastating, and also MoMS 2 / Weapon Master X for Crane Riposte stuffs to emulate high dodge. I toyed around with going both put together (MoMS 2 / Magus X) but I feel that only makes the MAD issue worse.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm open to new ideas to emulate this too.

>Only Paizo official is allowed

psst
dont let the others know i told you
but
swashbuckler

This reference is a bit beyond me, are you talking about the Technic League agent that tried to steal Baine'a prize?

Also oh my gosh I want to really play this character now, shame he'd only really fit in Iron Gods!

I'm not a huge fan of the Charisma aspects of him though. I would just ignore it but you NEED Cha for your Panache pool.

Inspired Blade

Duelist PRC

Unchained monk with ascetic style

What about a Campaign in Andora to find the juiciest burger?

Play him like a mix between Joshua from FE8 and Sain from FE7. Have him be a charismatic bad boy.

I can dig it! A Molthunian colonel moving in to start up a chicken business might shake up the precarious peace between the local beef kings.

>Burn

YES, GOOD

Looking into these now

I could but I was looking to play someone a little more edgelordy. Like a mix of Karel (FE 7), Jaffar (FE 7), and Lon'qu (FE Awakening)

So I can go full Cirno now?

Cirno a dumb!

If I'm a druid going into a underdark campaign, should I still pick the weather domain for its OP spells or should I go earth domain? Mainly what I want to do is being a spellcaster with battlefield manipulation and some blasting spells

>Now that the fairy First World book is out, what kind of fairy adventures do you want to run in the fairy First World, with all kinds of fairies and fairy Eldest, and maybe even fairy PCs?

Carnival of Tears pumped up to eleven.

Sauce?

At least attempt to answer the question first

Weather's spell list is decent but sucks ass otherwise (Sorm burst does non-lethal and has pitiful damage, Lightning Lord is just ass despite sounding awesome.)

Earth is better, well, kinda. Acid dart is useless and Acid Resistance is worse than Resist Energy but at least better than Lightning Lord. Spell list is about equally decent.

Now give me my source.

Both are shit. Darkness is the best control (base)domain.

The artist is Asanagi, I can't find the exact picture, but most of his drawings look similar.

Posting for the third time. So I may soon be playing a Mythic Wizard.

I am going with Archmage, but am wondering what I should prioritize for my Mythic Feats/Powers.

First off I am grabbing Wild Arcana because it's simply fantastic.

For powers I am thinking of Arcane Enduring, Crafting Mastery, and Flexible School from Archmage as well as Longevity as a general power.

First off I am grabbing Mythic Extend Spell because Extend Spell a best. Also Mythic Spell Lore.

I think the likely mythic rank will be 4th (haven't hears for sure yet). What my choices mainly are geared towards is support. I will be grabbing buffing mythic spells and with extend & endurance my spells like quite a long time. As well the mythic crafting is to be able to supply my party with gear. I am still torn between a bonded object and familiar, but a valet familiar would help be craft.

Am I missing out of anything? Is there anything I should definitely grab instead?

What would be the best way to build a Holy Vindicator of Shax? Oradin would seem like a cool way to do it, but I don't think you can be Lawful Good while also doing Shax's Demonic Obedience for Life in Blood.

Anti-Oradin obviously. Antipaladin/Oracle.
Just take a race that heals through negative energy, you suddenly are doubly as good as the Oradind because you also gain all the delicious bonuses to harmful channeling.

Are Vanara cute? How cute are they?

Pick any other divine class than paladin?
Jesus

They look like Planet of the Apes apes. So not cute unless you are a fucking degenerate furry, in which case you should just kill yourself so you dad stops drinking and beating your mom for giving birth to you.

>Also Mythic Spell Lore.
Mythic spell lore is worthless.

Reread it.

Then take Mythic Spell Feat in the universal powers list.

Are you sure?

I had considered that. Though unless I get DM approval I wouldn't be able to swift heal myself with Hand of Corruption. Still, it's not a bad option.

I'm looking for specifics here. The reason I mentioned Oracle/Paladin is because it's a great combo on it's own and also can satisfy the requirements. But I'm not looking to just satisfy the requirements, I want to have a good build that also satisfies them.

Wow, it's just so much better.

So a friend of mine is trying to get her group to not bitch about the idea of 3PP stuff, with them being of the sort who think rogues are overpowered because they can do "SO MUCH DAMAGE, GUYS".

Does anyone have any good pages to send over that demonstrates just why using 3PP is better than just Paizo. In particular PoW, SoP and Psionics want to be on the table.

...better how
I think you need to understand what you are trying to convince to your friends first

To be honest, Psionics is the only 3pp I would whole heated recommend with no real caveats except Psychic reformation.

It is. Mythic Spell Lore doesn't actually make the spells mythic. That means your 4d8 Scorching rays that ignore fire resistance can be countered with dispel magic cast by anyone and they mean absolutely dick to anything that is a mythic monster.

My alchemist's full attack:
Bite, Claw, Claw, Gore, Hoof, Hoof, Tentacle, Sting, Wing, Wing

Approximate Damage:
4d8+116d6+370 = 794 average damage

Would a headstrong, fiery young dwarf with a bit of a vain streak (under the logic that hard work is hard work, looking good is good is morale, so hard work to look gook inspires hard work in others, ipso facto makeup) and a chip on her shoulder believing the elders of her race are too busy looking into the past to secure their future be a suitable character for ROTJR, you think? Probably from Janderhoff or maybe Kalsgard; as far as class goes I was thinking Aurora Soul Mystic | Brawler, or possibly Unchained Monk; going for a sort of fast, hard unarmed combat style, lots of striking (in the martial arts sense, not the PoW sense) with fists, knees, etc and a decent amount of party support between the glyphs (probably fluffed as dwarven runes) and whatever I get off of the other half, which I'm still undecided on. Probably in Sandpoint to 'cool off' after her family suggested she need some time to do so when she got a little too uppity; would be willing to go on the Jade Regent bits to establish a NEW DWARVEN NATION over there, attract immigrants, build the first new skyhold in millenia, that sorta thing.

The party has a high-charisma bard and sorceress and is basically skating through my campaign on bullshit and too-clever-for-their-own-good plans miraculously being pulled out of the fire with copious amounts of disguises, lies and claims of influence.

So instead of cranking Sense Motive on everyone they meet, I've made a higher level retired Bard NPC to play THEM like a fiddle. They think this butler literally just came with their new house. Petty or not petty or mega petty? What can I do with this for the maximum amount of fuckery? I haven't come up with the gameplan for this character yet.

Sounds good to me. Also female dorfs are naturally thicc.

So last time I had an issue like this I introduced the players to a murder mystery. I then wrote on a piece of paper who in the murder mystery were dopple gangers, sealed it, and handed it to a player so no take backsies.

The players ended up being tricked by two separate dopplegangers into thinking they weren't dopplegangers.

Mega petty. Have him guide the nation into war and misery through them. Later reveal him to have been serving as butler to the BBEG. Make it apparent at some point that Butler had traitorously set BBEG up to fail and get killed against them when they finally raid his castle.

Butler's spy network and thieves' guild capitalize on unrest and depleted resources to claim the throne while they're out, as the long-lost third heir to the crown.

Well there's-
>Only Paizo official is allowed

Well shit man. Uh... Slayer? The swashbuckler is a neat class as a concept, but it just falls apart due to how it's designed. It's trapped in one of the worst fighting styles with very little to make it "worth" using compared to even just a standard fighter, nowadays.

Actually, thinking about it, does the aurora soul's defensive soul class feature and the monk's ac bonus class feature stack? They're both wis to ac, but aurora soul's is TECHNICALLY a conditional and I think conditionals are suppoed to stack; but after the whole fiasco with inquisitor's wis twice to social skills I'd rather ask than assume.

Wasn't there a mask in Steelforge that inverted the negative effects of poisons while it was worn or something?

Sword Saint Samurai does it better.

Which Psion class do I want for Lambda?

What would be a good archetype combination for a Cleric/Cavalier(or Samurai, I guess) multiclass? Was thinking Daring Champion or Huntmaster might be interesting, but I'm not so sure about what Cleric archetypes would pair well. If Order's important, I want to go for Order of the Star.

Psychokineisis.

Though desu, She'd be a Psy arm just looking at her.

Reminder that there are MULTIPLE people playing core-only games as Swashbucklers at this exact moment.

Doesn't the ability damage stay? And every time you take the potion, it gets hit again?

And HAVING FUN doing it.

I know I am.

The ability damage is there, but it heals faster than the addiction goes away.

There are exactly ZERO people playing Swashbuckler in core-only games, because Swashbuckler is not a core class.

Core only means core only. It does NOT mean all paizo material is allowed, moron.

SAMOMA JOE

>multiclassing with a caster
Is this not an unwritten rule?

Can they spin?

It's a fucking cleric, it can afford to lose some levels to Cavalier.

It's only an unwritten rule for people who froth at the mouth over inefficiency.

Honestly a Cleric who gives up like 40% of his progression would still be ahead of say a Ranger right up to 20th level. It's not better than Cleric 20 but if you don't need high-op to pull your weight, why not fuck around a little?

Cleric 1-4 is a worse spell list than ranger 1-4.

That's true, the only thing I was considering though was trying to see if Inquisitor or Warpriest with an archetype on it could do the same

No - it has all the useful self-buff combat spells in it.

You know, the very basis of CoDzilla?

You realize that self buffing is something that often falls apart due to the rocket tag structure of pathfinder combat. You can't take 3 rounds to buff yourself if combat ends in 2. This means you need to rely on 10 min/level & hour/level buffs. The cleric 1-4 hour per level buffs are a poor affair and you don't have the CL to make min/level to the extra mile to carry over into the next combat.

CoDzilla is a bad meme because it misrepresents clerics.

Great, now explain that to the idiots who still claim CoDzilla is a thing despite the math proving them wrong.

Which is why the number given was 40%, not 60%. Cleric with 6th level spells really is significantly better than Ranger.

Also you fuck yourself over for CL dependent buffs like greater magic weapon and magic vestments. If you're at 40% progression you're only CL 8. That means it's a +2, otherwise known as useless.

Ah read it at 40% progression, not giving up 40%. Gonna say that even then the cleric spell list is actually not that great without the proper domains. It has a ton a holes on both the utility and general problem solving streets.

Is the mooncursed barbarian archetype any good? And if so, which animal form should you take?

A big cat like a tiger or something is a braindead simple one, since it automatically gets pounce and a good number of natural attacks (bite, 2 claws, 2 rakes).

The archetype itself is... It's alright, I guess? It does its job, even though it should probably get more "rage" rounds to compensate for being a bit weaker overall.

So give it proper domains, we're not building a theoretical worst-usage-case-possible here.

Hey, if you want to check something out that works similarly to what you proposed without actually multiclassing, check out the Divine Commander archetype for Warpriest