Tell me about your characters' mothers, Veeky Forums

Tell me about your characters' mothers, Veeky Forums.

She was known for her sharp tongue and critical manner

Pretty, brunette, shapely, large breasts, likes to dress up as strange monster pets.

Orc slave girl.

Nice lady, worked at the church even though she wasn't part of the clergy itself, generally attending to the priests and helping keep things tidy to earn her keep and a bit of money to keep her comfortable. Did a lot of gardening and reading, convinced a couple of priests to order her new stories and historical records and whatnot from the merchant caravans. Managed to get a war deserter to settle down, change his name and pretend his old life never happened alongside his army friend who joined him on the escape.

Shame what happened, though.

My char is a construct.

She was a whore who dropped her son off at the local temple so he wouldn't be sold into sexual slavery.

So pretty messed up from her life but good enough to realize what how fucked it was to keep her kid in that life.

She was a wind spirit who died in battle against a giant crab, Senior snips.

A merchant's daughter from a distant land who eloped to be with his father before dying in childbirth.

Elven priestess/whore of the local god of kinky fuckery, serviced a half-celestial paladin having a crisis of faith after a quest gone really bad. Her fault I was raised as a bard/fuckboy who literally was told he was a god's gift to women.

She doesn't know her, and never did. At first it just seemed odd, but later in her life she found her mother had been erased from all planetary records for unknown reasons.

It's especially weird since she's a Dryad. Trees don't go missing and generally aren't murdered on a civilised arbor-world, yet the mystery remains.

Then again, the recent revelation that my PC is actually the Abhorsen might be a clue as to why her parents were targetted, a major antagonist faction in our game is the Undead Legions of Cryx.

(Dungeons the Dragoning game. It's weird like that.)

You mean his wife?

....she pretended to be a beautiful woman and then raped a man, then dropped my infant character off to be raised by the brother of the man who committed suicide after his wife discovered he's been unfaithful with an annis hag. Said annis hag ate her later, which is where the suicide came into play.

Mother then mindraped and possessed her in her teens, used her to rape her brother, and was exorcised by a dwarven ranger, her adopted father, and silver needles. She ate the dwarf later.

Oh, and she still keeps whispering horrible things to the character in her dreams and sometimes if she's feeling vulnerable while awake, things that are meant to encourage her to kill one of her friends and eat their liver and heart.

You wouldn't be able to tell at all if you were in the game with the character. She's a sweetheart. None of the PCs knows her history, though one has figured out she's a changeling - and is keeping her mouth shut about it.

Both of my character's parents were killed when she was 8, and due to a multitude of circumstances, she doesn't remember much about them. Just that they were general store owners and she was happy living with them.

One of her life's goals is to contact their spirits and meet them all over again.

Presumably long, long dead.

My PC's mom lives in a swamp and eats children to maintain her youth.

They disagree on the philosophy of magic but are otherwise on pretty good terms.

She was an elven noble who owned my father and myself as slaves until the revolution.

It ended poorly.

Master of Vox on the Rogue Trader ship: "Tribute to Terra", father unkown (to him). Small, cheery woman.

My mother? Let me tell you about my mother.

She's a prominent and well respected member of the local priesthood.

Which character?
Because one character's mother was a professional assassin who didn't raise either of her children because she was dead and if she was alive would have been just as abusively focused on turning her children into expert warriors as the father. That character's adoptive mother was basically the opposite, a cheerful cleric who never had children because she was focused on raising her adoptive cousins until their actual father managed to make her leave.
Another was the wife of a shepherd whose son also became a shepherd.
One other character's mother was the concubine of a warlord, I've played two orphans and an amnesiac, and I also played an ex-Jedi who got to meet his parents during his training because his master was unconventional.

A cheery woman who operates a brewery/tavern with her husband and his other wife. They've been trying to branch out into the Inn business as well, and now that their oldest graduated from Wizard school, they're starting to add in magic to their brews and the like.

A serial killer and abductor with a torture dungeon under her manor who was spiralling into insanity. Was sweet as honey to her little boy though, who nonetheless became too afraid to stay. Would probably not be allowed outside ever again if he were found by her.

I dare ask who the father was.

She's an ER registered nurse who was raising her daughter after her husband divorced her due to pressure from his family and his being tired of "slumming it" in a lower middle class lifestyle.

She works very hard, and really loves her daughter, but she also had a highly traumatic experience involving a vampire attacking an ambulance crewed by friends of hers, with one of the paramedics being killed. This fostered a deep fear and anger about other Infected individuals in her, despite her best efforts. Unfortunately, this also resulted in the instinct-based decision to shoot her daughter when she came home, opening the door to their apartment and calling her name, after she'd been kidnapped and turned into a vampire, herself, with the girl barely escaping from the pool of blood her mother had left her in while she went to call emergency services.

She doesn't know what to do now. She's suspected that someone's been stalking her for a few months.

She hasn't been sleeping well at night, assuming she isn't on a late shift, of course, for one reason or another.

shes dead

She is the founder of the largest biotechnology company on earth. Insanely rich and outrageously brilliant. The father is a military-hero-turned-high-level-bureaucrat who pretty much runs an empire from behind the scene. Their relationship is a secret and they has not married. He finds in her a kindred spirit; she sees him for the gentleman he is.

She is a very nurturing woman -- wise, caring and protective. The ideal mother, basically. Get on her bad side, however, and she will ensure the ten generationss to come will be scared to even whisper your name in secret.

She dotes on her only daughter, a prodigy in the discipline of omniscience, particularly medicine. Her daughter is a lot less ambitious than her parents and prefers science to scheming, but she is not bothered by this.

She subtly helped her daughter lose her virginity to the ward, a young magician who was learning to control his magic under her tuition as he came from a nonmagical family. She also ended famine and cured the common cold.

Probably some pile of bones in the cellar. She wasn't fond of other adults, really.

A very liberal wood elf that thought children just needed a bit of water and sunshine and otherwise could navigate the world on their own following their heart's destiny.

Who'd the father?

How'd the kid end up?

>tfw I can't fully participate in this thread becasue forever DM

For the one I'd use if I was a PC, she's a grandmother at this point, in twilight of her life living in a major human-friendly city that fits the setting. Taught my female PC about child-rearing and a bit about adventuring. Literally doesn't give a fuck about anything anymore. She'll beat a man with her cane for forgetting to give her change.

Hold up, his mom's a child molester then?

My character willed himself, fully formed, from the ether.

Whose isn't? Show of hands, whose character in this thread was NOT raised by sex offenders?

My character's mother was an Annis hag, so sex offense is pretty much what she is.

And cannibal.

Dead in a ditch somewhere in 1920-30s Ukraine

Well among other things yes, probably, but I guess I just assume his dad would have been an adult. It never really came up before, who papa was.

user I'm going to have to ask you for full picture or source as idqb doesn't yield results and I've longsince given up hope that google will deliver.

She's gay and has a wife she is faithful to. No, I don't know how but that's how it is. It's the union of two past-gen PCs who got shipped together.

She is an awakened bear. My character was raised by awakened bears. Thus, he cannot avoid calling her on a semi-regular basis.

What happened?

He doesn't know his mother, though it is likely that she was a prostitute. He's a whoreson of unremarkable origin who was left at the steps of a monastery as a baby.

She was a poorer-than-dirt prostitute and the only person who showed her half-orc son love during his adolescence. She died from a wasting disease when he was 12.

He still carries around the dirty, stuffed rabbit she gave him to calm him down.

Man, I don't remember much about her. Lotta mouths, lotta tentacles, probably some eyes. I distinctly remember at least one giant eye.

anyway then we were all flushed to the culling pits to see who the worthy were so I never got much of a chance to meet her. Long story short I got out cause that place kinda sucked, jacked some old armor and convinced most of these plebs I'm a paladin. S'pretty sweet.

One character was raised by the clergy, the other was woven from magic.

Well, she and his dad sold him to a fucking druid when he was 4 and when he came back 13years later she didn't prevent his father from throwing him and his brother out into the world together, so....

Mother Madne is pimp queen of the most expensive underground brothel in Evil Country's evil capital, and one ruthless businesswoman. Would loan out any kidbutt for a steep enough offer, then acquire 10 more kidbutts for the mere price of hired goons. Basically she was your "mother" if you got snatched too early to even know you have original parents.

This is what happens when you join a campaign while the PCs are attacking the BBEG's city.

Gay. Also got a liberal arts degree in college.
Now works at a starbucks, as well as servicing old men for spare cash

loving, tried to teach her son morals while also doing a lot of unsavory things to keep the two of them alive. Disappeared 3 years ago

Wild Elf from a savage, jungle land with a lust for demonslaying. She traveled north to slaughter demons, got knocked up by some ranger joker that promptly died once the child was born, and abandoned the baby so she could continue her demonslaying adventures.

Was a bard and got preggo with him on accident, but decided to keep him and make him a bard too. The arc ended with my character meeting his father who was also a bard, and one thing led to another and his father and mother married.

5e Old Ones Warlock: Pious, peaceful woman who raised 4 kids but wound up dying of a heart condition when my guy was 12. It fucked him up, but not as bad as what happened later.

5e Bullywug Monk: NEET's Mom, exasperated pushover, tendies and goodboy points, etc. Was very thrilled when her husband finally threw their son out of the pond, but worried for her special boy.

5e Fighter

A farmer's daughter of a farmer's daughter of a farmer's daughter. Worked hard, had a bunch of kids, and died in her 60s. Never really bought into all the old stories her husband told of their heroic ancestors.

Shadowrun Face/Dark Mage: Solid, loving, sick sense of humor and disatisfied with the wageslave life but not enough to peace out. Doesn't know about the running.

She's in her late forties and blames my characters Lord for the general day to day qualms of the land. Secretly though she's harboring dissidents of the realm and is a cunning business woman.

She was partly modeled off Quarks mum from DS9.

She's a whore who scrimped and saved to give her daughter a better life, eventually helping said daughter to attempt to live a life of adventure. She followed in her mother's footsteps in the end though.

I never actually bothered to come up with who my characters mother is. The game was billed as a high- lethality game, but my character is the only one who has survived so far. Each other player has gone through at least 2.

He's a desert elf Kineticist (Water) in an Ebberon campaign. Because I was expecting to die (and it hasn't happened yet) the only distinguishing character traits i have for him are; he's very religious (to an unnamed water goddess), and he was raised by his grandmother.

Who is my mother?

Have a fresh reaction image as payment.

Fuck you, you can be one of Mother Madne's scamps. When you escaped you found only your gramma because the thugs killed your parents while snatching you. You got out Shawshank Redemption style through an aqueduct.

Feral and impulsive and no manners. She met a wandering human and only heard epic tales of their adventures about them and thought she was in love. That encounter was seen as fate by her mother so of course she could marry him and go settle in his faraway hometown even though she was still young for an elf. Found out pretty quick human domestic life was boring to death. Turned to alcoholism and ultimately ditched him to roam the woods in beast form. She regularly fucks with him and the rest of the village out of misguided spite, frees livestock, steals worthless but essential tools. The campaign started with ''you are sucked into a portal and all appear in this other realm'' so it wasn't deliberate on her part.

She is a 3/4 Elf woman who is the niece of an Elf King. Her own parents are the King's younger brother, and the Half-Elf daughter of some lesser noble from the same kingdom.

She's lacks the magical skill that her son and Grandfather (the former King, and the man who taught her son magic) both share, but few can best her horsemanship, or her skill with a bow.

She met her husband, a Half-Elf bastard from one of the Human Kingdoms to the North, when he was traveling to Elf lands on a pilgrimage to learn more about his non-human parentage. They fell in love, adventured together for a short time, and settled down in one of her family's holdings, adopting him into the family via marriage.

Then my character came to be, a few years later.

One was a runaway from a demonic cult along with the father

The other was a sexless dragon that was raped so hard by an inter dimensional demon scientist it became a female and had him

>He still carries around the dirty, stuffed rabbit she gave him to calm him down.

Never really knew her, she was shot dead by the person who would eventually become his first foster father.

A fisherwoman who fell in love with a scribe. She was not some sort of gentle flower that would wilt at the first hardship. She was hard working, and valued those that could work hard towards their craft in turn. The passion that the scribe had towards the illuminations he made in holy texts was admirable to her.

He would stop by the fish market every few days to pick up something, and they soon began to grow fond of one another. She was not the type that wanted to settle down, not yet. But he was charming and enthusiastic. It wasn't long before she felt herself a bit smitten by the unkempt scribe with the gap-toothed grin.

Their wedding, a few years later, was small and held in the abbey in which the scribe lived. Her father gave a goat as a dowry and drinks were had. She moved to the abbey and began exclusively fishing for those kind people on the island it was built on.

The scribe passed first, roughly 30 years later. She followed him into the grave 8 years afterwards. Both died in their sleep, and neither felt unfulfilled, nor did they want for much. Simple people who gave birth to a boy that would dedicate himself to the abbey, and later on grow to become a champion for them.

Car mechanic, owner of a run down garage on the edge of a slowly dying city.
Raised PC by herself after a mutual split up with PCs father, who still visited and helped raise him.
Couldn't afford or didn't want to send him to daycare so he pretty much grew up with a wrench in his hand covered in grease and learning the ins and outs of motors.
Helped out with the family business after school after that.
She was a terrible cook but never shied away from takeout.

She was basically Maude Flanders, but had a kid who aged at 4 times slower the natural rate. She died due to natural causes while her daughter was still going through her rebellious teenage decades and had run away from home.

That's super comfy, user.

You made me smile.

I am a warforged
this was my mother

An entire witch academy takes credit for her birth. The rule is that if someone gets teen pregnant at the academy and can't or doesn't want to deal with motherhood, everyone at the academy is now your mum, students and staff, and they work together like family to raise you. Your biological mum can also choose to reconnect with you later if she changes her mind about you. Hers didn't, she thought she would meet her if she left a message on the school bulletin and just got stood-up in the rain instead.

That's really cute and a bit sad but mostly cute.

>D&D
Village woman from the continent of Argonnessen. Good woman. Haven't been back since I started my quest to purge evil. I think she'd be proud.

>L5R
I dunno. Part of the clan. Was sent off to school to become a Shugenja at a young age. We don't really interact much.

Your mom is a classy lady!

She was the most exquisite Orcish courtesan in all the land. Noblemen would pay top dollar and sign a waiver just to have their pelvises crushed.

Barbarian warrior in a not!scott/not!viking clan in the mountains.

My girl's mother was a druggie that left before she was born.

My Thri-Kreen never knew his parents. He and his clutchmates were stolen by four-armed giants when they were still in their eggs. All of the other eggs were eaten, but the elder of this clan of giants intervened and saved my character's egg. The giants, feeling remorseful for what they had done, raised him and trained him to fight.

Literally a Succubus that fucked a Sorcerer, decided to have the baby in Hell since an Interplanar embargo happened that killed planar travel.

Highly abusive, but with a sweet side. She kept him locked up, so he had no point of comparison and grew really attached. Pretty much just spent most of her time obsessing about her son and how he had to be kept safe.

This caused him to suffer major abandonment issues when she killed herself.

A good sturdy Swiss woman who taught him good catholic values.

Unless it's important to a character's backstory my characters have Schrodinger's Parents, who exist in a state of dead/alive, good parents/bad parents, and wealthy/poor until the plot calls for it.

Generally it's assumed they're average people from wherever that character is from however said character has moved out long enough that they're not relevant to the plot anymore.

My mother was not of my blood, yet she loved me just as one should. I am thankful she saw me as her child, and not just a monster.

Mother Madne seems to be more evil and disgusting person than your average BBEG

My mother is...I can't remember her. I...I can remember when I tasted the Blood of Russ...I can remember when I made my way to the Fang...I remember the first strike of my first battle...yet I cannot remember the last time I saw my mother. I remember the name of every brother who has fallen beside me...I can remember the name of every battle I have ever fought in...but I cannot remember the name of my mother...she...she must be long dead...I joined the pack a century ago...I...Allfather forgive me, but...humanity's best loses something truly human to become what we are...

>Well kids, let me tell you...

sadly my character had an uneventful, even happy, childhood and was thrust into the main campaign out of a combination of protecting his business and moral obligation rather than any personal slights

She's a well-respected warrior in the clan, which my character unfortunately couldn't live up to. She still loved her son, but he felt her disappointment in a near literal sense considering he was a psion. when this came to light as he grew up it just brought more shame to the family, and when things went awry and was exiled, he knew she would never look him in the eye again. He was just a failure that needed to be forgotten.

7 years later he still has hope that he'll be able to go back to face his clan again and make things right. He still holds love for them--and for her--despite everything.

Somewhat related: me and my DM are psychologists. He used this and the fact that he understand his players very well to play a campaign where a Being evolved from a god's junguian shadow manipulated each player's and NPC's shadow.

Dealing with this was similar to junguian therapy, one should seek to recognize, accept and integrate his shadow into the self. Each level of integration and acceptance resulted into new and unique powers for a PC.

And through this process for each character's, the DM dealt with the player's mental traits which the they themselves weren't aware of, but that they projected in one way or another into their character's.

I wish I could explain how, but it was awesome. I helped him plan this, and even my character's final shadow integration roleplay took two hours in real-time until I understood how to do it, because while it involved his mother, the DM recognized a projection of my father's death within it.

Actually come to think of it, she really was more sick than the BBEG by a considerable margin. It's just that everyone was shitty and preying upon one another to an over-the-top degree (arguably nothing is more evil on a local scale than child abduction + slavery though) in Evil Country and the party was mostly just concerned with halting their invasions of good countries, so she went under the radar. Now I'm sad for imaginary people we left to suffer, shit.

Yeah but a twist could also be that she was your ACTUAL mum the whole time and secretly loves you despite being a demented sociopath. You can make hard circumstances heartwarming ingame if you try. :3

Main character's mother is probably a human knight or a priestess, I don't really know. Her father is a knight for sure, descended from a celestial line, but her mom is probably just your regular type righteous person.

My replacement character's mom is the street. She's never known her biological mom, she was raised left and right by hobos and prostitutes until she found a (male) tutor.

It's a bit boring, yeah.

That's not heartwarming. This person is a pedophile and sold your character's body for sex when they were a child. There is no possible silver lining on this NPC, you being her own real child is almost worse. The whole "mother to the motherless" component makes it sound like she probably spends time with you during nonworking hours, but then turns to abuser when it's time to punch-in. That's the best you get, juice and cookies during breaktime or whatever.

To be fair, that's a great backstory for a PC. Especially if she's emotionally conflicted over this mother figure.

Ok but what if she was REALLY good at baking cookies? Like really really good.

Then they'd be for the customers.

She must be stopped

My Halfling Rogue shanked her and the rest of his family to death when they refused to aid his rebellion against their Drow Slavers.

It's not as edge-lordy as it sounds, everyone at the table is a huge fuckin' goof, and we play his "tragic evil backstory" for laughs.

Golem don't have mother, and he didn't really knew his maker either. The only thing he knew about him was that he gave him a name that basically translate to "protector golem" and assume he was just made as a tool. So he later chose his own name.

What he doesn't realise is that the word "golem" can also be a metaphor for someone who still has everything to learn. An "unfinished" man, in other words: a child.
His maker actually wished he would one day be able to chose his own path.

Living hell, can't put things together with her one hundred-years lost son. She is saddly unable to apologize and his son have kind of an anger-management issue.

Every encounter is borderline bloody.

good woman and mother, partly wasn't happy when my character decided to become a soldier, was happy when he came back and with all his limbs, was proud when he became a hero and saved people's lives. He comes to his hometown to visit her once a year

that pic is just perfect