Cyberpunk

Let's have a cyberpunk art thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jkjIsnjKhew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does anyone have professional looking killers? John Wick types?

Can you believe this was a fucking drawthread request?

Obligatory Motoko

There was a more detailed version I don't have too.

I have no idea where these are from, but I love them

Showtime by Maciej Kuciara.

Thanks, user!

Fuck yeah, CYBERPUNK!

Retrowave is getting big as music.
Artificial limbs are making giant leaps in quality
Everyone is wired 24/7
A living corporate caricature is to be president

GIBSON WAS RIGHT! 2020, HERE WE COME!

No probalo.

>cyberpunk thread
>swords everywhere

Can I request some cyberpunk civilians?

The whole "Japan takes over the world and everyone carries katanas" is a long standing trope.

I got you chombatta

Man, dumb swords in cyberpunk has been a thing for a long time now.

Swords in cyberpunk is as old as Neuromancer.

What do you prefer?

GiTS' proliferation of cyberbrains, instant communication and (nearly) wireless-everything; or

Gibson's reliance on external hardware (decks) and cables everywhere

A mix. I like people plugging their heads into everything.

Even GiTs required hard connection for the most part, with cables etc.

I would say both, with with people still using wetware needing a deck, and cyberbrains having that preinstalled.

Dude, jacking addiction. Think of what the transition of meat brain impulses to digital signal would be like. I imagine the more bonesaw datajack jobs or cheap decks would feel like the sound of dialup, and might fuck with random parts of your brain. Maybe some people purposefully botch them to stimulate the pleasure centers, end up as burn outs, etc.

Then there is the whole whole into your brain getting infected. For all the tech in the world public jacking terminals are filthier than a public restroom and paper money combined.

Also, sauce of that .gif?

I know right? Fucking cyberpunk as shit.

My favorite is plugging your head into your gun.

youtube.com/watch?v=jkjIsnjKhew

Well, what else would you use? Meat-eyes and iron sights? Like some sort of fag?

I don't think India is featured enough in Cyberpunk stuff, given where it is right now.

>Future SWAT about to blow off his own arm with a grenade launcher

I dunno about that image Gropey. I prefer my problems with augmentation to be more existential than physical. Mainly because most of that stuff would have to be ironed out for it be popular enough to get to street scum in the first place.

My character keeps hers powered down when she's resting or just riding the team bus around.
Although she keeps them switched on while biking, since you NEED super reflexes when playing in traffic.

> Speed limits enforced by aircraft

Actually, as an extension of that, how do you like the technological availability in your cyberpunk? Are super powered augs something you might find with gangsters, or is it exclusively the purview of corp sec and special forces?

Also how dirty do you like it?

Its a regular thing that pops up in the genre. You need the flashy, best, and top of the line ASAP, even if all the bugs are not worked out.

Buy a new smartphone lately? Imagine the new Iphone plugged into your brain.

Corp, Gov and military all basically contract it out as part of your terms of service. The ones you get on the black market are always flawed or have a catch. People that can afford them on their own dime are already dangerous people.

Depends on who and where you are. Detroit will always be Detroit, even in 2020

Can I get cyberpunk guns?

What is the go to system for running cyberpunk?

I'm pretty new to tabletop games, only been playing for about 2 years, and I've only ever done pretty traditional fantasy stuff, but this thread really makes me want to try cyber punk.

I hear a lot about Shadowrunner, is it the best one to start with? What's considered the best?

Shadowrun is preferred because it brings more to the table than regular cyberpunk and it got popular early on so now it's stuck around with a large playerbase. The system itself is a fucking mess and the company that's currently publishing it is schizophrenic. Don't play it if you want just plain cyberpunk. I'd go with some cyberpunk variant of GURPS honestly, because most of the extent purpose built systems don't seem very good.

Can do

Cyberpunk 2020. Get the free phone app "friday night firefight" and it literally makes combat and shit go super fast and edgy.

Shadowrun and Cyberpunk 2020 are the main two. Shadowrun is the most popular, because FANTASY ELEMENTS.

A classic

Wasn't that only made like a couple years ago for the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer?

Also, where the hell is that game?

Thanks a lot. I'll check out cyberpunk 2020 first.

"Boy, I was daid!"

How would you Indian Cyberpunk? I don't have a lot of knowledge of India besides bad memes

Neither do I guess. I guess that's the main thing isn't it. Even though socio-economically it seems primed to be cyber punk, no one really gives a shit to learn about it's cultural stuff. I guess that's what happens when you don't export your media like Japan did.

Read pic related. It's cyberpunk India by a very good writer.

What? Its an update of the classic Crusher autoshotgun. Its a heritage piece!

The Asian supplement for CP:2020 is good.

I'll have to check this out

>The Asian supplement for CP:2020 is good.
No, it's pretty bad. It's basically Asia 1985 but with cyberware.

>It's basically Asia 1985 but with cyberware.
>cyberpunk: 2020

Yes, and?

Probably because India is a little bit trash

Just because people shit in the street doesn't mean it's a boring country.

I would say it's a fairly boring country, but that's just subjective there. I also think China is an extremely boring country, so I guess the up and coming century, with everyone saying China is destined for greatness (Despite them having a good track record of civil wars every 100 years) is going to blow.

If you were the original poster I responded to, what position IS India in right now? Because if you tell me they're going to be a superpower I will respond by saying that their military uses steel helmets and their poverty rates are crazy.

Anyone who says China is destined for greatness at this point is a silly goose. China is about to have a population implosion like Japan or Korea.

Also, that doesn't really change anything. There are more people living like your average poor American in India than there are people in America. There are twice as many people living in poverty than there are people in America. India is a nuclear armed state. There are probably more middle class people in India than there are people that live in Canada or something.

India is an outrageous country.

Yes, but you fail to realize that any country that in 2016, uses steel helmets for their military, is never going anywhere. It's a pretty great way to measure just how good a nation is.

Also, Israel is nuclear armed and extremely Ethno-Nationalistic. Israeli Empire when?

And really, in any credible cyberpunk setting, India has had a nuclear exchange with Pakistan because that's probably the most reasonable nuclear exchange to ever happen since NATO-Warszawa Pact

>Yes, but you fail to realize that any country that in 2016, uses steel helmets for their military, is never going anywhere. It's a pretty great way to measure just how good a nation is.

I'm dubious of your qualifications in regards to geopolitics.

Though, good point about the second thing. Also a shit load of it is gonna get flooded when the sea levels rise. Bangladesh specifically is basically just gonna get deleted.

The steel helmet thing is just a joke but seriously the Indian military is using helmets that date back to WW2 holy shit

Call me old fashioned, but I still think that Japan as the superpower will always be the way Cyberpunk should go. Sure it's 80's as fuck but the entire concept of Cyberpunk is 80's as fuck. That and Japan probably has one of the most easily recognizable and stylistic cultures out there.

>Bangladesh specifically is basically just gonna get deleted.

And nothing of value was lost.jpg

>Kali

I think you mean Shiva.

Kali only has four arms and is generally black. Shiva has six arms and is generally blue.

Don't expect artists to actually know the mythology/religions they're riffing on. It's also not helped by the fact most depictions have Kali being blue as well, though that's only because actual black would look weird.