/cyoa/ general

/cyoa/ general

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previous thread
Pastebin
pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Made this the other day, been a few threads since it was posted.

Final page.

I don't like how all the male gods are retards and monsters.

To go into detail, the gods are: a rapist, the demiurgos, an animal, a low-class laborer, a masochist, and two more rapists. Meanwhile, the goddesses are: a lawwoman, a scholar, and two sluts. Don't you think this is unbalanced? Let's put aside that just being sluts is nowhere near as wretched as being rapists, the Sun and Sky are two deities here worthy of admiration and the only ones who represent intelectual pursuit. Meanwhile, of the gods, only one is respectable, and the Earth is a lower-class, physical laborer deity. Barely better than some farming god. Then there's a house exclusively for people who get a stiffy from self-mutilation, a dog, and then three rapists, and finally the shadow government, the most monstrous of all. Only one male deity can even remotely be considered an intellectual one, and he's the worst of the lot.

Adding NG+ to a shit game doesn't make it much better.

Why no philosophy or literature classes? Those seem pretty important given the steeped history of the various factions.

That's history for you. Most gods are pretty awful. Female gods are usually slightly less awful, because they're victims or occasionally mother figures. The Greek pantheon, for example, only has one not douche male god and he's also a crippled cuck.

I can see that you don't know about anything but Greek mythology, at best.

It's implied the school is heavily corrupted by other forces, which is what turned it into a rape fest. Presumably whatever reason they did this for means they don't have much need for philosophy or literature.

Hades besides kidnapping Persephone and holding her for ransom, is a god damn saint compared to everyone else in the Greek pantheon.

>Hades
>God of being based
>a douche
Go eat a bar of gold.

Then why or how would the houses look the way they do? Philosophy is the groundwork of higher level motivations.

This could use a spiel for why guys in their 20's are being sent to a school that is supposed to start at 13.

DON'T BULLY HEPHAESTUS

He kidnapped a girl. He's also a victim, hence why he's not as much of a douche.

Before I begin, am I playing me (self-insert) or making a character?

Nobody cares about philosophy, user.

PHILOSOPHY IS IMPORTANT I CAN'T PROPERLY MAKE A BUDDHIST WITHOUT A PHILOSOPHY COURSE TO TAKE

I don't recall many other pantheons having that much rape.

Sure, they have dicks, but they don't just rape everything.

I don't like how all the female gods are retards and weaklings.

>To go into detail, the godesses are: a farm wench, a literal ivory tower liberal, and two insane sluts. Meanwhile, the gods are: a virile patriarch, the creator of this kalpa, a strong warrior, a craftsman, a wise king, a woodsman or a vintner. Don't you think this is unbalanced? Let's put aside that just being dominant is nowhere near as wretched as being loose, The Morningstar and Earth are two deities here worthy of admiration and the only ones who represent creative pursuit. Meanwhile, of the goddesses, only one is respectable, and the Sun is a lower-class, physical laborer deity. Literally a farming god.

I get your point though, I'll revisit the descriptions to make them seem more even.

I don't really get your point with the bit about the houses. Could you elaborate?

I'm also open to specific suggestions of more houses and gods, but I'm unlikely to add more soon without such input, because I have no particular ideas for more percolating right now.

Language Arts is kind of literature. Other than that, because I don't know how to make them compelling.

Tell me what it should be like and how it should interact with other classes.

Hephaestus also fucked shit up for emotional and personal reasons, we just sympathize with him more because his reasons translate to modern day sensibilities more, and nobody judges a man harshly for getting mad about cucking.

My thought was that it's making a character. It's inspired by the Rapture Academy CYOA made half a year ago and the Scholomance setting/game made some years ago, and both of those work that way. If you prefer to self-insert, then suppose that something went wrong with the messages, perhaps because you're hanging out on a world where magic is all but dead, and nobody noticed until someone was digitizing the old paperwork recently.

>If you prefer to self-insert,
I do. I will gladly admit that it is autistic but I have no care for a character. It doesn't have my motivations, it isn't me. I can make up any backstory, and make all choices no matter how conflicting, make sense. I can take any drawback I would like with no consequences.
I'll get to my build then, pretending I can self-insert as a 13 year old.

Hey, you can be a 20-year-old in this school too if you like. It has a certain isekai-style asymmetry to it, which is cool in its own right. You can even assume that your previous knowledge from other forms of education transfer and you're able to test out of many courses.

Did Beri start a present-gallery-thing the other day?

Saw this in a previous thread. As I'm a huge fan of the series (And would happily pay money to play an RPG or MMO set in the setting), I saved it.

Nah I'll assume I'm having some age regression going on. And yeah I'll keep my memories, but I'll still take the necessary classes.
I feel otherwise would be cheating (besides, I know what I know because I am interested in the subjects, so of course I'd pick more of what I like)

Very well. Returning you to a younger age is well within what the admissions office can accomplish via simple life-shaping.

That was just for filling in the tags. The actual presents won't be released until Christmas.

250 Lien left

New Arrival
15yo male Faunas (Snake-like spine with diamond-back scale patterns)

Haven Academy, Mystral
Semblance: Unstoppable (Kinetic Absorbtion)
Gifts: Energy, Agility, Strength
Talent: Combat

Weapon: Shield, Collapsible, Dust mod (Earth/Lightning), Weight Enhancement

Weapon: Shield, Collapsible, Dust mod (Earth/Fire), Weight Enhancement

Items: Scroll, 2 years of dust charges, rebreather, Wilderness gear, 6-months Dust collection, Armor

I am neither swift nor particularly clever. I am a brawler, first and foremost. And I need a fighting style that plays to that. Dual weighted shields, immense strength, and inexaustible energy paired with kinetic absorption should be more than enough for me to power my way through any fight. They can pound on me all they want, I can soak it up, and dish it back out. Especially if I can Heat/Electrify my shields (Earth/Fire on the left, Earth/Lightning on the right). The longer the fight goes, the more momentum I gain. As a newcomer to this world, I need a cover. Coming from a land known for unusual characters and people who don't want to talk about their pasts is a great start. Three or four years of high-school and combat training should be a great start on my career as a hunter. A lifetime hunting Grimm is not that bad. Easy money, with my skill set, really. I'll probably aim to settle down as a resident hunter in a smaller village out away from the kingdoms proper. They always need protection from bandits and grimm.

(Pic related. Thank you Heromachine)

The thing is, only an idiot could criticize a law goddess or a scholar goddess next to a series of rape gods.

Not sure what bit about houses you mean. The self-mutilation one? Gladsheim goes on about the upper classmen missing a bunch of body parts.

OH GOD THE TYPOS!

Age 8
Dad: Edward
Mom: Cheryl

Siblings: Lilly, Charlotte
Quests: Yes
Extra Sibling: Erika

>Guardian (10)
That's right, baby! Fighting for justice is in my blood. If it ain't about fighting monsters, why would I care? It's how I get tricked into doing housework by my teammates, by saying stuff like "but moving the broom is like stabbing a sword!"
>Name: Saffron Gold (?)
Names are so hard for this.
>Age 17
>Gender F
>Race: Faunus, Fox. I'll take a pair of adorable ears, a tail and some fox-ears for cuteness and added night vision.
I absolutely love me some rabbit or squirrel Faunus! Yep, we are the bestest of friends.
>Vale

>Force of Nature: Fire
>Agility (30)
>Energy (50)
>Guile (70)
Fast and clever like a fox.
>Beauty (80)
Because I'm vain
>Intelligence (90)
>Hope (100)
To get an up-beat attitude to go with my energy. I hope I get a low-level of Tracking from my night-vision and Faunus hearing.

>2x Variable (800)
Both are similar to Emerald's/Ren's SMG/Blades, but the blades have more reach and are bigger, like the blades of a warscythe.
>2x Collapsible (900)
>Scroll (900)
>Armor (1000)
I am all for anything that improves confidence

>only an idiot could criticize a law goddess or a scholar goddess next to a series of rape gods.
An idiot or someone with a less feminine perspective on rape than you.

>Not sure what bit about houses you mean.
This
>Then there's a house exclusively for people who get a stiffy from self-mutilation, a dog, and then three rapists, and finally the shadow government, the most monstrous of all.

>Gladsheim goes on about the upper classmen missing a bunch of body parts.
Well, yeah. I wanted to make it something from norse myth that's not just "look we're vikings, here's thor!".

I-I'm sorry. Please point them out so I can fix them.

Depends on the game. Maybe the only reason it was shit was because you were so bad at it the first time. Try again, see how much better you can do this time.

>fox-ears
I meants eyes...,

He never held her for ransom. It was a pretty standard bridal capture.

Don't have to be a woman not to like rape, user. Would you claim the vikings were womanly? Raping a Norsewoman was considered one of the worst possible crimes. They only didn't give a shit about foreigners. But by your definition, they are feminine.

Naturally, mine would apply to more than just my fellows at the school, those outside of our 'society', but it's rather consistent throughout history to be strongly against rape. Just to not care about foreigners so much. Hell, in Rome, if a man raped a Roman woman then all the men in that woman's family were legally able to, even expected to, murder the perpetrator.

Oh, forgot to address the house bit.

Those are individual houses. Gladsheim for masochists, the dog is Moon, the rapists are Pan and Dionysus. I mistakenly counted Jupiter again.

Yo, what up with all the rape in this CYOA?

Welcome to rape school, where we teach you the three Rs: Rape, rape, and rape!

Inspired by Rapture, IIRC.

The magic of unsupervised adolescents.

>Inspired by Rapture

That's unfortunate.

question for everyone: lets say a hypothetical curse was placed upon you. the curse is as follows; "No living human woman will ever love you". how would you get around this curse? anything is an option if it does not meet the curses criteria. this would allow for example, dead women, alien women, robots, etc. the only thing that is not an option is lifting the curse because its 2 strong 4 u.

>Golden Crown: House of the Morningstar

>First Year: Biology, Computation and Proof, Evocation, Chemistry
>Second Year: Organic Chemistry, Elements, Herbalism, Theology
>Third Year: Alchemy, Healing, the Veil, Algebra
>Fourth Year: Necromancy, Life-shaping, Transmutation, Workshop
>Fifth Year: Enhancement, Geometry, Binding and Banishing, Battlemagic
>Sixth Year: Ritual, Topology, Enchantment, Weapons
>Seventh Year: Life, Summoning+Extra, Engineering

>Analysts Eye
>Third Eye
>Imposing Mein
>Beyond Life
>Physical Primacy
>Monster: Eyes

>Townhouse
>Dosh
>Minion

>Underground Student Council
>Campus Crusaders for Christ

Time to practice medicine and maybe design a gun made out of flesh, bone, and magic on the side. Also some snotty kids might go missing, but no one liked them right?

I'd fuck a vampire lolibaba.

The options are not living, not human, not a woman, no love (so meaningless sex, fuckbuddies, or something similar), or no you (become someone else).

Might as well have cursed a paraplegic man to become an amputee

Go on with my miserable life.

Is it? Even a polished turd can be beautiful.

no user, you misread (or perhaps i mistyped) but it specifically refers to only human women. not the living, humans and women seperately. living human women.

>"No living human woman will ever love you"
>Iseenochanges.jpeg

Has has in big man and mayble in half incubus. Also Fuck that incubus bitch stole my idea.

Posting a personal favourite, 1/3.

It needs waif- I mean companions.

2/3

If it is not alive, it is not a living human woman.
If it is not human, it is not a living human woman.
If it is not a woman, it is not a living human woman.

It's not rocket science.

Pick mind control and any of the enemies, and you've got yourself a waifu.

3/3

Nobody wants waifus in a rape school.

Assuming the "ever" part of the curse effectively makes its duration equal to my lifespan (because this kind of curse seems very specific towards only tormenting someone for as long as they live), then it's easy. I find immortality and wait out the duration of the curse. If the curse isn't retroactive, then I put a ritual into place that will restore my body to the way it was before being cursed, thus bypassing the curse that way.

Hookers. Money. Alcohol.
You don't need love to get a good fuck every now and then, other then that I'd finally stop worrying about that and could get the coolest shit done

I think their point was that, in the terms of that curse, the following five would be potential "solutions":
>a non-living human woman loves you
>a living non-human woman loves you
>a living human non-woman loves you
>a living human woman has a loveless relationship with you
>a living human woman loves a "new you" (as you cease to be the "you" that was cursed by becoming someone else entirely)

Personally, I'd go for the second option listed above. Depending on the exact definition of "woman", might even go for option three (assuming I'd get to remake myself into something similar - this is assuming that the only way option five would count is by complete personality overhaul or somesuch, rather than just physical alterations. Should option five be workable with just the latter, I might go for that).

Or you just get cursed until your immortal life ends. If you think it ends when you die, you're better off dying and getting resurrected, or becoming some kind of undead creature.

Dying and coming back was actually the first option I considered, because the duration of the curse would be cut short by my untimely demise and (I assume) nothing would be there to sustain the magic used to curse me. Not sure how many women would be into a lich, but if it works, it works. And if the revival is clean enough, they might not even notice I'm technically undead.

>Even a polished turd can be beautiful.

As a freelance editor, this is what my job often feels like.

There is a fine line though, before the writer gets mad at you for rewriting, or making him rewrite, too much of the original.

ah i see, i thought they were saying that each term applies seperately so that no human loves you, no women love you, and nothing living loves you. thank you user

Women go gaga over vampires. Figure out a way not to rot, and you'll have to fight the feminine hordes off with your arcane mastery to get a moment's peace.

I dunno user. The rape stuff is still preventing me from making a build. And if I did, I'd probably focus too much on taking options that help protect my asshole.

There's more than enough non-rape stuff that it should be fine. And protecting your asshole conveniently uses many of the same skills as saving your neck.

You had it right, he is just trying to weasel out of the downside.

shit cyoa

Well, I'd say the answer is pretty simple. If I were cursed, then that would confirm the existence of curses. Thus essentially confirming the existence of a wider world of magic and other shit. So, I look for love with a non-human woman. Something close to human because I'd like to have a family one day.

If it's not that kind of situation and I will simply never be loved by a woman ever. Then I will just face facts and most likely adopt when I'm a bit older.

"ever" doesn't really correlate to "starting now and then only to the end of your natural lifespan", it means "ever", as in, a hundred years before or after your death is still part of the time that word implies.

Making yourself immortal would just make you alive for more of the time that it covers.

>self-insert as a 13 year old
>Fivefold House - Sun
I plan to become a soldier of love.

Holy crap, 8 credits is 32 hours/week for a damn 13 year old? Isn't that a tad high workload for a kid?

Year 1
>Biology, Elements, Visual arts, Home Economics
Nice easy way to start out: Something easy, something new and easy, and something brand new
Year 2
>Chemistry, Evocation, Advanced Fire, Theology
Year 3
>Org. Chem, Battlemagic, Meditation, Language arts
Org. Chem's description sounds more like Biochemistry
Year 4
>Acting, Psychology (extra credit), Self Defence
Year 5
(At this point I ran out of stuff I wanted)
>Computation and proof, Physics, Soldiery, Healing
Year 6
>Transmutation, Marksmanship, Tactics, Economics
Year 7
>Negotiations, Command, Workshop
Waaaaaaaaayyy too many options desu.

>Discrete perception (9)
>Physical Primacy (7)
>Beyond life (4)
There's nothing more I need. Would like a "you don't need sleep" option but I'll take "you don't need to eat".
No need to pick Monster without a genderbender option. Same with Slaver's Collar.

>Magic Sword
Don't need any of the rest either

>No mysteries

>Big Man in a Big House
He'll quit after a month anyway
>Half-Incubus
I have to kill him anyway. Him finding me attractive makes it so much easier to track him down, and to lower his guard.
Pantymancer wouldn't actually affect me in any way, but that would make him too boring.

I don't know exactly where it happened, but I don't feel invested in the setting. Like, once I click "Submit", I'm done. My imagination does not continue the story. Sorry.

always liked this

build cool stuff and date a pigeon instead

Does it include mommy love?

>workload
At least in 'Murica, school is a good 37.5-ish hours per week. And they're learning utter nonsense rather than magic. Pretty sure this is a vast improvement.

That seems like a lot of effort to go through in order to try and persuade someone to look for genuine love from someone of a sex they may or may not be attracted to, or just from a non-human entity. I have to wonder why someone would devote such an excessive amount of magical energy to something so specific. Regardless, I'm not swayed. I perform my own curse that brings me back to life uninjured and takes place upon the expiration of the love curse, then kill myself. I'll be dead in the meantime, so I can wait. The only problem would come in the form of what might happen to my body, but assuming I make the proper preparations, I'll be just fine and effectively time travel into the future. There's also a possible issue with what might happen to the world around me during that time, but I can't really control that.

The downside that the author said isn't there?
As it stands, the curse states that you can't be loved by someone who is matches all three criteria (human, woman, alive). The author thought that the other user was thinking that the curse applies if even one of those three things match.

Given that you're posting here I would say that the odds of your parents either planning to or having already disinherited you are pretty high.

My mom is the only good reason I have to refrain from killing myself.

>the author
>I am Spartacus

Then do it for her. Release her of her burden. If you truly loved her you would do anything to make her life better, right?

I currently have little to no reason to believe that , , and aren't the same person.

>There's also a possible issue with what might happen to the world around me during that time, but I can't really control that

Yes, the heat death of the universe would probably mess up the earth pretty bad, but fortunately for you, the curse would probably expire once there were no human women left. Or at least, it would become meaningless.

>wanting a waifu that'll likely get taken by a mind control fag
>wanting to be a cuck

Just rape someone. Less emotional baggage.

wait... is everyone here just a neckbeard who watches anime and always takes girls as companions?

Lilibeth

The Ring
Beastly
The High Tower
Bloodfruit
Bloodworms
Bats
Lost

Werewolves
Goblins
Hunters

I figure between the two allies, the necromancy, the giant bats and the increased population I can take over the Hunter territory.

From there I can get intoxicated on worm juice and watch shitty sci fi movies with Big Boobs McMadscientist for a bit.

It's gonna be great.

>is everyone here just a neckbeard who watches anime
Yes
>and always takes girls as companions?
Personally, I think companions in general are shit because they assume that the person playing the CYOA is able to interact with other people in a meaningful way.

Veeky Forums is a website created to discuss anime. All other boards were meant as side diversions. The site culture still encourages the kind of people who watch anime to come here, so as a rule the vast majority of all people on Veeky Forums will do so.

Not everyone. But I'm seeing a great majority.

I always take more female companions than male ones because I have crippling insecurity and want lower odds of being NTRed.