Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Winter Storm Decima Edition
Poly-amorous Knights Sub Edition

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Acastus-Knight-Porphyrion
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/fw_warscrolls/Acastus-Knight-Porpyhrion.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=dLMuv5dc-rQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Poly-amorous Knights Sub Edition
forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Acastus-Knight-Porphyrion
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/fw_warscrolls/Acastus-Knight-Porpyhrion.pdf

Pretty good, unless you face flare sheilds.

nth for night lords scheme is amazing on vehicles and shitty on infantry

What is this winter Storm thing, and will it give us loyalist Mechanicum?

First for how do Nuncio Vox's work when one of your detachments is Sworn brothers with its ally but the other detachment only sees the othe as Fellow Warriors.

I feel like my AL are friend zoning my Auxilia. Who can use who's Vox's?

U wot m8?

Pics for it sucking on infantry?

Maybe they can use yours but you don't trust theirs? All I'm certain is the army trusts the AL and if they say they've secured the control point then it must be so, but the AL doesn't trust some mortal's word about an objective being secured.

Read the vox rules:

"If one of the controlling player’s units wishes to arrive on the battleteld via Deep Strike and chooses to do so within 6" of a unit equipped with a nuncio-vox, then it will not scatter. "

has nothing to do with allegiance, only if you control it.

>Winter Storm Decima

Well, that's solved the problem of whether I should start Ordo Reductor or Legio Cybernetica this Christmas. It is clearly a portent from the Omnissiah, even if it's hitting on the wrong side of the pond to annoy me in southwest Britain.

I should probably hurry up with Scoria's Baneblade so I can put him in that when I'm not allying him in, though.

What do you do for Artillery tanks, fellow Craterists? I was thinking about mounting 3rd party guns in Chimera chassis, but I play at a GW and I'm worried they wouldn't allow it. Do they have a rule about how much 3rd party stuff you are allowed?
I would buy the FW Medusa, but it's really damn pricy and if I do something a bit more generic I can change up the artillery in between games thanks to glorious counts-as.

Then why does Sworn Brothers specifically mention that they can use each other's Vox?

Rules may or may not be here.

Get the FW Solar Aux medusa/basilisk kit. Better model, both barrels, and cheaper

Because FW is bad at rules. If you use a vox, you use the vox rules, not a reference to them. RAW you need but control the unit.

Personal taste, the lightning kinda works but the winged skull emblem and skull helms are too exaggerated. Whereas for vehicles of all stripes, the emblems work well and the lightning looks amazing. These guys are meant to strike terror into the enemy through abusing their fears, dressing up like a scooby-doo villian doesnt work well for that.

Also, i've been reading a bunch of WWII stuff recently, and the terror effect of the wehrmacht's blitzkrieg and tank platoons on infantry has combined with my nascent enjoyment of being the scariest thing in the grim derp future. Maybe i could make some pre-nostraman group to lose the batwing motif

decided to set up My Dudes on the shelves to make more space on my dresser for my cat. where do you guys keep your legions?

On a shelf with my books and other toys.

Please help out with advice.

I want to do some Solar Auxilia, but I am unsure what colour scheme to use.

Thinking about going Luna Wolvish white and black and calling them Sellenic Fusiliers.
I am itching to try a nice white and I think it futs spaaaaace.

youtube.com/watch?v=dLMuv5dc-rQ

SWORN TO AVENGE
CONDEMN TO HELL
TEMPT NOT THE BLADE
ALL FEAR THE SENTINEL

All over the painting table, on shelves in a cupboard (a normal person would have filled that part of the wardrobe with clothes but whatevs), and on the bookshelf in front of my books. It's a good system.

Pic unrelated.

Pretty much this , user. Why would it specify? One would think the master of ambush trait would be able to infiltrate any 3 allies units, but it turns out you cannot do so to mere fellow Warriors.

I think AL characters can join army units, but army characterss cannot join AL units.

On the Piano and my book-case.

>These guys are meant to strike terror into the enemy through abusing their fears, dressing up like a scooby-doo villian doesnt work well for that.

This is 40k though, the exaggerated aesthetic is the whole point.
And the Night Lords aren't wearing halloween costumes; the point isn't to scare WITH the costume, they rely on their tactics and their reputation for acts of torture/murder to scare people, with the lightning-covered batman costumes playing on innate pre-rational fear response.
And let's not forget that they wear flayed skin and faces like 40k Templars wear purity seals.

Good taste, but not edgy enough for Curze.

On one hand, that's still a bit more expensive than the kitbash I was planning on. On the other hand, it's sexy as hell.
Man, spending my christmas money will be difficult this year, so many things I want.

Wolfgnus

Magan Russ

Butcher's Nails. I don't quite understand what they look like; the cables in Angron's skull seem to be more like dreadlocks than plugged into anything.

To expand on The other ally levels would have to say they cant use them. The sworn brothers one technically does nothing as written and has no actual affect.

The Chimera chassis isn't particularly fluffy for Solar Auxilia. People generally let it go when it comes to Cults & Militia, but it's not void-sealed enough for SA. Heck, the Chimera chassis doesn't even seem to exist in M31.

You'll spend more money but save some time and you'll have both barrels.

How well do the EC actually hold up in play? particularly the 3rd Company ROW, since I am totally down for Noise Marines.

The cables on the outside connect parts of his brain to parts of his spine and some glands.
There's also titchy cables on the inside.
They're actually described as looking like dreadlocks upon occasion in the books.

I heard they rock bodies, break hearts and shatter souls with their good looks and kightly behaviour.

This is 30k that we're talking about, this is before they become caricatures warped by chaos despite their revilement of it. They used terror tactics and sneak attacks to destabilise rather than enjoying the terror like a post-fall EC, they only wore peoples faces when they knew the face they wore would terrify someone. I want something like the what the Night Lords trilogy portayed them as, those who were around for the great crusade, those who were rational slaughterers rather than bloodthirsty madmen. There are those ten millennia later who look back with some form of regret that this is the way it has to end.
>And let's not forget that they wear flayed skin and faces like 40k Templars wear purity seals.
This is what i want to avoid, with a fairly clean, efficient-looking mechanised force. Putting batwings on your helmet and wearing skins to every battle just looks silly, imo, especially if you'll be fighting other astartes. Maybe HQs will have the full terror equipment, but rank and file and vehicles will not.

Alright, it sounds like you have a very clear idea of what you want "your dudes" to be, and that's a good thing.

Are yours loyalist or traitor?

MkV all the way

Well, it's Ordo Reductor, who like expendable armour en masse, but I do see your point. I think I'll buy what I need for an army, then see what I have left for artillery, anyway.

Don't be so hard on them, and remember they were the worst team members and everyone did their own thing. They barely recognized their own comanders, Sevatar could only hold them together through hard work.
Wearing people is part of their Nostraman culture, like the SoHs wearing gold-dipped skulls without even trying to scare people.

Let them wear other people, user, most marines in 30k did know fear.

Nominally loyalist, but i dont want to limit myself too hard since theres often narrative campaigns, or at least games, and being able to make numbers for either side is useful
I run a mk4 IF list at the moment, so i was going to do a crusade list with any infantry in cataphract and mk2
But the scheme looks actually acceptable on infantry if the blue is midnight enough infantry is at least clean

Where are the hazard stripes on your IW?

back to the pain glove with you

MkII is fine too

On a similar note, on Istvaan III Morturg notes how Sabrahn and his Berzerkers wear impaled traitor heads on their backpacks and comments how, despite being somewhat disturbing, he's glad to have them on his side.

I wish his rules weren't shit.

Remember, it's not just lightning on their armor. They record the reactions of their victims and play those reactions back all across their armor. In between the lightning flashes are horrified and half-flayed faces.

Is that you, depleted colour particles nuln oil NL friend?

Good to see you again! The glistening is still cool.

Yes but I call it badab black.

>Brother is that a skinned baby?
>You terran weakling, a baby's skin is the height of terror
>But you are wearing it as a scarf
>Its from our last campaign while you were taking objectives I was doing real work
>Brother...
>And its not one baby its three, all from the same hab unit, stitched with their mothers sinew
>You disgust me, I'm glad Nostromo was destroyed
>So am I brother, more babies for me

Yes, the wings are a little cartoony, or a LOT cartoony when they're actually modeled on helmets like in old 40k.

Focus on skulls and lightning and you'll be fine. Where wings are molded on, don't paint them in a shade of red, use a dark gray that almost blends into the blue or the same bone as the skull (okay, it'd actually be the color of dried-out bat wing skin, not bone, but close enough).

Truly, ancient colours!

I finally also started with Iron Hands as apparently many did with BoP dropping.

Feels good to be painting again, even though I will start my new job in January and will probably be not really able to paint much for 3 months minimum.

Yes! More terror!

Good writong, man.

>>You disgust me, I'm glad Nostromo was destroyed
>>So am I brother, more babies for me
Kek, I guess this is how NL comebacks would be

wanna post pics of your iron hands. part of me wants to start them but the other part wants to hold out til inferno to get the juicy rules for thousand sons

In a toolbox with egg foam.

May switch to an actual army case since it is much more space efficient for infantry. If not a full cast then maybe just foam trays for infantry and egg foam for the bigger stuff.

Anons, why do you like Nth legion, what do you see in them?

I like the Iron Warriors and Death Guard simply because I identify with them. Yup, I'm that fucked up.

What about you? I've seen lots of TS just waiting to pounce on the Inferno.

I like them because they're like me: intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

Finishing my other projects first, to use my enthusiasm to clean up my backlog first before I get to do IH stuff.

Also, admittedly, de-rusting my painting skills.

You miht want to wait for Thousand sons if you prefer them. I would have preffered plastic MKII, but chose MKIII and thus Iron Hands when it was clear that BoP would not be the hoped for.

They are copp and I like them and their rules, but I sure do plan some side projects after I finished my initial 3k points. That will take long enough though.

Iron Tenth for their tragic fate and qualities they expose I wish I had more of, a staunch set of working ethics and fire in their stomachs.

I am a pretty mellow go myself.

I really liked the Age of Darkness podcast's segment on painting them. Basically the idea was to cool the base color with a bit of blue and warm the metallic trim with a bit of brown to add some contrast to a scheme that normally wouldn't have any.

I thought TSs loved life and culture. That sounds like IW in my opinion.

I really like death guard, infantry need only apply, endurance, no flashy gubbins. But I hate nurgle as much as GW hates australia

The obvious answer would be loyalist death guard, but they mostly died on Istavann. And garro's a lame ass.

You are being meme'd with friend.

Hmm, I should really start listening to them then.
I heard a lot about them and I would not mind advice on colour theory.

>And garro's a lame ass.
But he's half the reason Horus wasn't able to Sweep Advance Terra!

>but they mostly died on Istavann

That didn't stop Crysos Morturg, why should it stop you?

Oh, I was just meming as I thought you were talking about the Night Lords.

I like the Imperial Fists because they're "autistic" in that they're no-nonsense and the "autism" slur is all less functional legions can throw at them.

Take loyalist Deathguard, enough survived to kick traitor guard repainted as Dusk Raiders.

Popgoesthemonkey on shapeways even sells Dusk Raider looking shoulder pads.

Reminder it was Tarvitz who kelt everyone from being bumm fucked and he is forgotten....

I like TS because space wizards.

I like WE because with mkiv they look like protagonist Gundams

I identify with parts of corax. Want to help but i could just kill everyone... nah ill be nice. Except the station i dunked into a star. Fuck them.

Am I missing something or do Quad lasers vs Laser Destroyers seem like a no contest?

Laser destroyers roll 1 twin linked shot but roll 2d6 take the highest for pen.

Laser destroyers roll 2 shots twin linked shots but roll 1D6 for pen

So in either case I'm probably rolling 2D6 dice for penetration but the Destroyers are take the highest while the Quads are roll 2D6 but take either of them.

On top of this quad lascannons put out more shots against things they'll probably pen/wound anyway.

Maybe it would make sense if Destroyers were AP1 but currently I can't see why you would ever use them.

Whoops it refreshed dodnt notice and replied to wrong person

Okay so what about Alpha Legion ICs joining Auxilia units or Vice versa?

If there was plastic mk II that would be the perfect army for me.

Last time I checked, nihilism was the lack of belief on the value of life. What better nihilists are there other than the Iron Warriors, whom know themselves to be barely remarkable, replaceable, one of many whose whole existence will be one of thankless sacrifice for a cause they don't believe in, for the rest of their immortal lives until they're killed in battle or worse, they die in a simple commuting accident.
Or worse, they fail and get unceremoniously executed by their own Primarch's hand.
Few can get any more depressed than that.
I never forget Tarvitz. He's the other half. The half that died on Istvaan

Eye of Horus is the fun and crazy podcast.

Radio Free Isstvan is the one you listen to for rules discussions and list building.

Age of Darkness is mostly about Black Library book discussions and fluff, but this year they had a "how to paint legion __" segment. It started out pretty lousy, but after everyone complained about the Blood Angels episode they got a guest star (usually Miles from Lil' Legend Studios) to do the heavy lifting. They're great segments. The rest of the podcast can be a little annoying because the two dudes don't seem well coordinated, and one of them often has little to say... but I do like the content a lot.

There a lot more but I haven't tried them all. I did check out Geno Five-Two and the Varangian Heresy, and didn't really enjoy them. But I'm open to suggestions or rebuttals.

>Maybe it would make sense if Destroyers were AP1 but currently I can't see why you would ever use them.
I think this profile is the most up to date. Destroyers explode things better, but suffer double when cover/invuln saves are involved due to being single shot

>Age of Darkness is mostly about Black Library book discussions and fluff
Oh, and I did listen to After Ullanor. They do book discussions, but you can't really say they talk about fluff. It's like a movie review where they don't discuss the themes or how it fits into the bigger picture - it's all, "And in this scene, Dude A does an awesome move and knocks out Dude B! How cool was that?" Kind of like the How Did This Get Made? podcast about bad movies. Not for me.

Oh okay, thank you for the advice.
Hopefully this will feed my lust to draw paint.

The nihilism and wicked sense of homour line is a meme, just wanted to explain. Not saying it is not true.

>Have Faith Wordbearer.

Its just that allmost all loyalist EC seem dead, even the ship that "warned" the Cyclops Cluster was just full of dead EC...

>Other loyalists get mentioned being active later.

After Ullanor and Imperial Truth are annoying because they fit holes in the community, but they really suck in terms of quality. The guys behind them are boring and kind of stupid.

Yeah but in the same book it shows the laser destroyer as AP2. Granted AP1 makes way more sense and I'll happily play that in my meta.

>Its just that allmost all loyalist EC seem dead, even the ship that "warned" the Cyclops Cluster was just full of dead EC...
There's the 34th Millennial who may have turned into the Death Eagles.

In the armycase I transport it in, because all my shelf space is already crammed full with books, Lotr models, 2 companies of marines, 80 or so grey knights ...

Back in the day I asked the same to FW about Laser Destroyer Arrays. They told me S9 48" AP1 Twin linked Ordnance was the correct profile, and that it would be corrected in oncoming publications. Months later, the Crusade Imperialist list was published, with the "correct" profile fixed. Take this as you want

Laser Destroyer vs Laser Destroyer Array

Two different things.

In the case you posted here, Quad Lascannons are usually better since more shots means they have to take/pass more saves.

Until you posted this I had no idea what the comparison you were looking at was for.

He is talking about Superheavy Sponsons.

LDA's are mounted on Rapier batteries and Vindicator Tank Destroyers.

They are two different, confusingly named weapons

What nooo. Aren't they the same thing?

Nope. Whoever wrote those rules must have connections with Alpharius.

They also still didn't include the Laser-destroyer Array profile in the AoD armylist, which makes me REEEEEEEEEEE at the incompitence

Just read this as well, I thouht it funny mentioning a House Orlanth household attached to the 34th Millenial (Death Eagles) being able to return to their homeworld.

As Orlanth or Orlac, whatever, where loyal it makes those EC loyal per association.

Still, no diret mentioning sadly. But thanks for helping me out there, I am bad at chapters.

I'd love to hear the fluff difference between 4 lascannons and 4 lascannons.

No, I'm not mad I can't put 48" laser destroyers on my Falchion.

Lascannon is a single beam.
LDA's are fire in pulses at the same point.

Destroyer Arrays shoot a combined single beam, that's the whole point of an array: to work in unison.
Quad lascannons shoot two at a time.

do dedicated transports count for Ultramarine's Interlocking Tactics? like...if I do Orbital Assault and shoot with my Drop Pod's combi-bolters first, would that trigger it?

Yis.

>Laser Destroyer
>36" S9 AP1 Ordnance 1, Twin-Linked
>"a series of powerful impacts micro-seconds apart"

>Laser Destroyer Array
>48" S9 AP1 Ordnance 1, Twin-Linked
>"fires a burst of short pulses microseconds apart"

coo

Is anyone having problems posting?

Laser Destroyer array is on the Vindicator, right?
I think there are rules on the FW site, though I don't know the currentness or legality of them though.

This really makes me want to get a brass scorpio

I think we've reached the point of having too many weapons.

Those of us posting obviously aren't...

>Those of us posting obviously aren't...
I was just checking because I couldn't post in a while.

I got 99 problems but shitposting ain't one.

Crysos Morturg sounds pretty rad. Is he worth making a list for? I imagine you lose some stuff due to being Loyalist.

Ooh, nice.