40k General

No you fuck off edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

The Dark Eldar always strike first!

First for heresy.

>Orks are a melee race
>I2

Fourth for Alpha Legion

Hail Hydra, brothers.

Coteaz wants you to think he planned on being first, fortunately you've fallen into his elaborate trap

I think I've discovered a way to play 1kSons that is viable.

I like you.

So Space Wolves ran a retarded list and still tabled the Thousand Sons on turn 3?

Do go on.

Friendly reminder banging bolter bitches is confirmed canon, now that's some sister hype to actually get excited about

Even worst, they removed Magnus from play with a single shot, turn 2.

Tfw when Magnus remembers to tell Ahriman to bring hand warmers for the next attempt to destroy the sons of Russ

How the fuck are they assaulting out of a rhino?

So, no new releases (and by releases, I mean Preorders) this week? Just the repackaging of Isle of Blood for AoS?

>SoB minis

Yeah, they're never being updated with new minis and a unique codex, are they? This is pretty hilarious in a 'oh for fuck sake' way, isn't it? So, what did the amazing 99.9% always right rumour monger Lady Anita actually see? Did she see Sisters of Silence models? Makes sense since the latter are clearly getting new models in 30k and will probably get more in 40k.

Oh well. Guess I'll look up proxies for SoB.

pewpewpew

GUYS, I need your help writing a list!
I've got a game vs Tau tomorrow and I can't write a list in satisfied with, can you help me?

I always write my lists in a certain way though.

We already knew this. SoB have fucked in previous canonical fluff. Which book is that in? My Index books haven't arrived yet.

Where's that from?

>not having it hover way above the board and scenery

Do you even WW2 style bombing?

Do give a source on that, before claiming stuff.

Why does Guard have such shit fluff?

They simply have no idea what the rules of the game are.
Let me remind you that the very people WHO WROTE THOSE RULES are in the studio watching the game.

AND
THEY
ARE
CLUELESS

It looks like one of the Index books. They added lots of footnotes like that in the last ones.

there is actually a lore reason for that. During Armageddon III, Orks took the air pretty fast. Surviving bombers had to be armored and refitted to fly low and strafe instead of bomb from high altitude.

My first game since 5th was today. The GW store man helped teach me how the flow of the game goes and I tested some things out. Pask in a Punisher is amazing, but I'm not sure what other Leman to run with him. I tried Executioner and I didn't like how it functioned. If it weren't for my Engiseer, it would have destroyed itself as it hurt itself 4 times over the game. Would another Punisher be good? Exterminator?

Also, how is the Vanquisher? Seems like with a Lascannon it could be an okay tank. The ordnance firing rules make me not want to take the Demolisher or the Battle Cannon.

I want to test out some blobs and Basilisks next game. I'd also like to get some Hydra Flak tanks and some Wyvern, but the points in game versus how much they cost in real life is ridiculous.

>not sweeping the board

Do you even ground attack craft?

This isn't the fighter version; It's the gunship/strafing variant.

What army user?

>tfw Veeky Forums experiences legendary sexual gratification every time a tau looses

Cain catches his sisters of battle friend walking out of a guy's room who had clearly just done the deed or was about to

Try the Eradicator. It's cheap and really effective with wither 1 or 3 HBs. The fact that the Turret gun isn't Ordnance is a plus too. It one of the go to Russes in 7th.

My friend recommended me the Warhammer Eisenhorn book, but I know nothing about this world and I certainly can't afford to play the game. Does this book work as an introductory text?

I recognize the style. That's a Ciaphus Cain book. Cain's Last Stand, I believe.

Daemons of chaos.
I like to build it bit by bit you see, starting with the warlord.
What greater daemon should I use?
Bloodthirster
Keeper of secrets
Great unclean one
Lord of change

The general word on the street is that Vanquishers from the Armored Battlegroup list are better than the usual ones. The BS 4 Tank Commander and Commjsar Tank can buy Beast Hunter Shells (S8 AP 2 Instant Death) for slapping Riptides. Better than the slow firing normal Vanquisher.

I wh40k tabletop like 10 years ago as Tyranids, considering making a return. However I'm more interested in Necrons now, looking at the lore parts and seeing they have dynasties and things now, not really a fan of but, what are some of the more interesting dynasties to read about?

I'm thinking books, texts or whatever. I like them with focus on 'high tech' if possible.

Wait, isn't that the Marauder? I forget then. Never mind, disregard I suck cocks.

Feedback appreciated.

1500- Basic Speartip with Cabal
++Black Legion Speartip
+Black Legion Warband
Chaos Lord- Terminator Armor, The Spineshiver Blade, Power Axe- 135
Chosen (5)- Meltagun (2), Rhino- 145
Chosen (5)- Meltagun (2), Rhino- 145
Raptors (5)- Plasma Gun (2)- 125
Raptors (5)- Plasma Gun (2)- 125
Chaos Terminators (4)- Combi-plasma (4), Power Maul (2), Power Axe, Chainfist- 160
Havocs (5)- Autocannon (2), Rhino- 130
Havocs (5)- Autocannon (2), Rhino- 130
+Spawn
Chaos Spawn (1)- 30
+Cyclopia Cabal
Sorcerer- Spell Familiar, Level 3- 125

Im just skipping through bits. Seriously these lists are terribad, and Im pretty sure they didn't even follow the rules of the mission as Magnus didn't explode when he died.

Is there a word for when disappointment happens so often you end up disappointed in yourself for believing anything else would happen?

I run pask in a punisher with an executioner ally

Wyverns are currently broken as fuck for infantry deleting, get 2-3

Manticores outshine basilisks for vehicular slaughter and basilisks have too many downsides for MEQ killing unless you run the artilary formation

Enginseers and psykers help your tanks shoot and keep shooting

Think about bringing Coteaz in a huge blob of guardsmen for countering drop pods, the mortal enemy to any parking lot lost

Sounds like a great idea. I have an old school Demolisher so the barrel is a bit longer than the current Demolisher. Do you think there's anyway I could modify it to look like an Eradicator? Or just do a count as?

That sounds amazing. Are there any restrictions to using it? Or is that a formation? I'm still trying to get a hang of all the stuff in 7th. So much has changed and I'm trying to catch up.

You'd be better served playing Alpha Legion.

Did you remember to reroll the gets hot rolls using Pask's Warlord trait? That's generally how it works and the recent official (not WiP) FAQ confirmed that yes, you reroll gets hot for blast with prefered enemy. So it should be a less than 1/6th chance of hurting yourself each turn with those sponsons. Are you just unlucky?

Vanquishers need BS4 and/or twin-linked. So you should either grab them from the FW book, stick them in an Emperor's Fist formation, or give one to pask if you REALLY hate the cheese grater.

This canoness cast is a mess. Typical finecast shite

>I think I've discovered a way to play 1kSons that is viable.
And that is?

Please respond.

Eisenhorn Xenos book is quite interesting. I'd probably recommend 'Fifteen Hours' if you want an introductory text to the setting.

>tfw Veeky Forums winces every time a gamer spells "loses" incorrectly

Armored Battlegroup is a sort of sub-codex published in... Imperial armor 2 I think.

Basically you run a normal force org chart but with TANKS EVERYWHERE and you get your own special upgrades/WL traits/orders.

>finecast

Annnnd discarded this post. (You).

Go read the Commissar Cain series. It is designed as an intro into the universe.

Depends with daemons (which I'll admit I don't play)

Want to get extra trolly? Run a lord of change and use the grimor to make him unkillable, spam cursed earth as well and add in fateweaver for a truly nauseating army that will not gain you many friends

While KDK is strictly better for khorne, a bloodthirster and a bunch of doggies will still wreck some face

>implaying looses isn't a meme
:^)

That mistake is a diamond dozen, user.

What is everyone on about?

What?

Its literally finecast. It comes on a finecast sprue

>looses up their butthole for a serious pounding

Sorry I fixed it

>autists wince

Got that one for ya too

I didn't realize that his whole squad got preferred enemy. I played it as only him getting preferred enemy. I was unlucky today though. The Executioner was the first thing I fired and rolled 3 1's. Thankfully only 2 hurt me.

So you run it too. I figured it would be a great choice, but after today I'm more hesitant. Though, with what I just read in that other user's post, I played it wrong today. Engiseers are definitely making it into my list. He was amazing today. I also have a Manticore tank unbuilt, so I will have to get on that.

I was thinking of using Jacobus to give some blobs Fearless and Counter-Attack. What does Coteaz do for the blob and against drop pods?

Interesting. So I assume you can't take infantry then since the troops and such are tanks?

I'm just looking for a fun list, something Veeky Forums can help me generate post by post.

I can't run khorne daemonkin because all the relics and warlord traits I like on him are for daemons.

Hoping to get some help deciding between the following two lists:

Option 1

Eldar CAD
>Farseer
>8x Storm Guardians - 2x Flamers
>4x Shining Spears - Exarch w/Star Lance
>3x Weapon Batteries - 3x D-Cannon
>Wraithknight - Glaive and Shield

Corsair Raiders - Sky Burners
>Prince - Cloud Dancer, Void Sabre, Shadowfield
>Baron - Cloud Dancer
>3x Cloud Dancers - 3x Scatter Lasers
>5x Reavers - Felarch, 2x Blasters, Venom w/Splinter Cannon and Scatter Laser
>5x Reavers - Felarch, 2x Blasters, Venom w/Splinter Cannon and Scatter Laser
>2x Warp Hunters - 2x Void Burners

Option 2

Craftworld Warhost

Guardian Stormhost
>Farseer
>8x Storm Guardians - 2x Fusion Gun, 2x Power Sword
>Vyper - Bright Lance
>3x War Walkers - 6x Scatter Lasers
>3x Weapon Batteries - 3x D-Cannon

Wraith Construct
>Wraithknight - Glaive and Shield

Aspect Host - +1BS
>9x Warp Spiders - Exarch
>9x Warp Spiders - Exarch
>4x Shining Spears - Exarch w/Star Lance

Corsair Raiders - Hate Bringers
>Prince - Cloud Dancer, Void Sabre, Shadowfield
>Baron - Cloud Dancer

-Farseer joins the D-Cannon Battery
-Prince joins Shining Spears
-Baron joins a Cloud Dancer

Basically I'm trying to decide if I like the more fleshed out Raiding Party against the really concrete benefits of the Warhost.

Finecast has been disbanded ages ago, user. They don't do Finecast any more. They've removed the majority of their Finecast from the store.

Yeah, but I'd be even better served just playing Ultramarines.

I painted my dudes Black Legion, I like the fluff of the Black Legion, I'm going to use the damn rules for the Black Legion. I've already given up on trying to make the Thousand Sons work.

Just put any kind of muzzle brake on the demolisher and it will be perfect.

>old ass fluff piece is old ass

Coteaz is an amazing force multiplier

>ML2
>let's you rerolling the seize die
> I've been expecting you

So what that does is if anyone appears within 12" of Coteaz out of deep strike he can shoot at them with his entire until, over and over and over

>the other player might laugh when he sees you only have guardsmen in that squad, the laughing stops really fast when you kill 2-3 guys out of every squad of marines that tries to deepstrike into your tank company

Just remember to strategically place him so your bubble covers a lot of deep striking bait, I've placed in multiple tourneys with him as my linchpin

Youre right, its not finecast. It only LOOKS exactly like finecast.

Option 1 doesn't have enough armor for the Reaver Venom's to last long.

Option 2 is maximum fag.

SoB fuck, it's been in several fluff pieces. No fluff has been released recently about SoB and thus we have to go on what has been said. SoB have sex. Who cares?

Beast Arises series has a lesbian Inquisitor who enters the Sister of Silence fortress, an all female order, on her own. Who cares?

Sorry dude the ol cheese bone was acting up, personally I always love playing against nurgle for the "holy Christ these guys will not die" aspect, makes me really feel like I'm just shooting into this blob and doing nothing

I'll likely reserve the venoms to take advantage of their scout special rule.

It's literally more recent then the entire sisters army line, with only one codex more current that does not deny it

That sounds amazing. I must do that. I never got the Coteaz model, but I got Karamazov way back in the day. I'll have to get to ordering him so I can blob it up and place him there.

Fantastic. Now I just need to find a muzzle break for it.

I forgot to ask, what FW book is it in? And does I just specify with my opponents that it is the Forgeworld Vanquisher?

Why are tzangors not daemons?

Lord of Change- Greater Reward (2), Lesser Reward, Mastery Level 3, The Impossible Robe- 330 Points

Depending on what else is in your list, Paradox instead of the Impossible Robe is acceptable. Dropping both Greaters for budgetary concerns is also acceptable.

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So GUO warlord? Sounds good.

Ok, next I pick the troops. Now, even though some on Veeky Forums think of it as taboo, I really love mixing gods.
Diverse and inclusive incursions are my specialty.

Pick three of the following.
Bloodletters
Pink horrors
Daemonettes
Plaguebearers
Basically, which gods lesser daemons am I going to exclude?

You've said this over every single thing related to SoB. It's utterly baffling.

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pink Horrors (11)- 99

Parking lot is a fun balance of support and overwhelming firepower, cripple your enemy's army by turn 1-2, and crush anything left, target anything that can threaten your heavy armour, target prioritization is so vital

Pros
>dakka
>pask
>tons of allies
>it's fun to try and hold off the obvious counters to you like skyhammer
>fast because you have barely any movement and no assault

Cons
>almost no mobility, if your 2-3 obligatory chimiras get popped you're barely going to be leaving deployment until the enemy is tabled
>can be seen as cheesy since not everyone brings tons of anti tank (their loss)
>some armies shit on you if you aren't very careful (skyhammer)

Overall I love my guardsmen, once you get your synergy really going it's hard not to enjoy them

Other than CAD, AdMech, and the new Iron Warriors decurion, what can take Fortifications?

Not an argument.

>"The war is over, Diocletian. Win or lose, Horus has damned us all. Mankind will share in his ignorance until the last man or woman draws the species' last breath. The warp will forever be a cancer in the heart of all humans. The Imperium may last a hundred years, or a thousand, or ten thousand. But it will fall, Diocletian. It will fall. The shining path is lost to us. Now we rage against the dying of the light."
- The Emperor

>"The war is over. Humanity has lost. Warhammer 40k - in all its Gothic, towering, Cylopean, decrepit, doomed, rotting Byzantine majesty - has taken its first irrevocable step."
- ADB, BL Author

>imagine bothering to play as ANY faction other than Chaos

Why are you even bothering?

Why play a game where the setting ending is decided for you?

I assume by 'cripple your enemy's army by turn 1-2' you mean against other mid tier armies?

Its resin. Its not technically Finecast(tm)

>it's been in several fluff pieces

Then you shouldn't have any trouble reciting them, because outside of Cain books, I don't remember any. It's always been Cain and the fluff not outright saying "no sexy for you" clearly in every codex. Meanwhile all the talk about isolationism, self-mortification, extreme denial, etc. are just pillow talk for all the steamy sex, apparently.

>Beast Arises series has a lesbian Inquisitor who enters the Sister of Silence fortress

So?

Same reason people play historicals.

Because they're mortal creatures?

Ok, and two other gods?

>Why play a game where the setting ending is decided for you?
Because the fluff changes all the time.

I saw that Guard were really low in the ITC results. I wonder why armies people played. I wonder what they were trying that was doing so poorly.

They look like daemons to me.

They have been shaped by chaos, but they're still beastmen

Can't remember them off the top of my head, but one of the Sister Diagolous was a representative to some Lord Governor and had sex with them.

>So?

My point being that it isn't some banned thing if the fucking Inquisitors have it.

Yeah well, I hear looking at your mom is hellish but she's not a daemon.

Same reason Spawn aren't daemons. think of Tzangors as stable, breedable, spawn

They're basically Beastmen.

Their first appearance was AoS and they're Tzeentchian Beastmen. In 40k they're the same idea. Humans warped into that form. Tzeentchian cultists, essentially.

Because it is generally a bad book? Even it's 'good builds' are mid tier at best.

Sorry I sounded a bit cocky, turn 1-2 is really important for me to get a lot of work done because usually a lot of my artilary will have been vaporized

Some armies really suck dick once their transports are blown up or just can't touch me when I wipe out their anti tank, I can take a lot of points of the board if I get some good rolls

Once I get super serious with the emperors wrath artilary formation and it's ignores coverS9-10 AP3-4 , Coteaz, and invisible pask rolling around deleting stuff up to and including knights, I'm not scared to go up against some higher tier lists

How do I Grey'd Knight?

No, seriously, I'm finally trying to get into the tabletop and I like Grey Knights, but I feel like I have no fucking clue what I'm doing.

>one of the Sister Diagolous was a representative to some Lord Governor and had sex with them

In what?

>My point being that it isn't some banned thing if the fucking Inquisitors have it.

Inquisitors got nothing to do with the Adepta Sororitas, user. Are you next going to tell me that because IG have sex, Marines have sex too? How does a lesbian entering a fortress mean SoB drink from the furry cup?