/swg/: Star Wars General: It Ain't Sheev edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: We are Release Day+2 on Rogue One. Please exercise proper spoiler usage when discussion it. That is all, people.

(If the image is too rough I will delete the thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!239:27:48:5:;78:27,36,25:-1:9:;28:18:5:5:M.15&sn=Imperial Glass Cannons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was promised the deaths of many bothans. I am disappoint.

Wrong death star

>Jan Ors
>Jyn Erso
And then you have the Spic that was made to copy Kyle

is Rogue One actually good or is it overrated and is just okay like TFA?

That's from RotJ, user

Good

Is that guy wearing two helmets?

Second best Star Wars movie after ESB

Honestly, the only real complaint I had was that the soundtrack was kinda "Eh".

Post the full X-wing page please

US M1 helmet with a cloth layer over it, then some plastic bits on top of that.

Rewatching Rebels and i just realized something
>when Kanan gets captured in Season 1 and gets taken to Mustafar, Hera describes it as "the place where Jedi go to die"
>in Rogue One we see that Darth Vader's personal citadel is located on Mustafar

But user, RotJ is the best Star Wars movie

>It has been 0 days since the last Jedi attack
I wonder how many Jedi incursions it took for the 501st to get fed up and park AAA near every safe landing zone they could find.

So very, VERY n00b X-Wing question (as I'm getting a bunch of them for Christmas):

Can ships from the first Oder and empire be in the same squad, as well as rebellion and resistance? I already know that scum and villainy are their own group so I'm not dumb enough to ask "can they be used as hired guns?"

It's a great movie if you want to watch a movie where the Empire ROFLstomps the Rebels and almost pulls of a complete win.

I really love how they thawed out Peter Cushing from the carbonite slab they put him in back in 1977 and the use of desperate RAMMING SPEED action

yes

They probably got a few rounds of Diet Choke after Hera and crew busted out Kanan, even though that was from Tarkin's ISD. After that every conceivable open space that isn't secured with double shielding probably has enough AAA to down a ISD by volume of fire alone.

You don't half-ass the defenses of such a important installation.

Okay, thank you

What dis nigga said

Any word on what the next few standalone films will be about?

Han Solo
No news about anything further down the line.

Hot opinion time

Empire Strikes back is only good because Return of the Jedi provides the payoff

There was supposed to be a Boba Fett movie but it got shelved after a split with the initial director. No word yet on whether a replacement has been found.

>Han Solo movie
Well, that's kinda dissapointing.

Only thing i've found in Rogue One that i can complain about is that Darth Vader's throatplate/gorget looks off from the one he wears in the original trilogy. It doesn't really go up "against" the throat as much as the original one and makes it look like Vader has a Fat Guy neck in some shots.

Yeah, like the ANH one. His initial suit had some garbage shit on it that they fixed by ESB.

It's being directed by the guys behind the Lego Movie, I don't think it'll be that disappointing.

That might be it. I'll have to watch ANH again to check. Might just be that the camera angles in ANH covered it up better than the shots in Rogue One

user where you watching star wars rebels at?

All the sites I find are missing episodes.

Is Vader a badass in rogue 1?

Here when Hondo delivers

Yes. The only lightsaber we see in the movie is in his hands at the end as he utterly annihilates a rebel squad in a cramped ship corridor.

No, he doesn't do anything

tfw Darth Vader said that the Death Star plans were beamed to Leia's ship.
A couple Inconsistencies are my biggest complaint of Rogue One though, it was far better than TFa, besides that one egregious nostalgia bait
>'Memba Death Sentence in Twelve Systems?

Someone post that character sheet that has Vader's stats as, "If you are in proximity at the end of your turn, you die". That about sums it up.

Brainstorming up ideas for when i get a TIE Striker. "Pure Sabacc" might be my new favorite pilot alongside Echo just by the brutal hurt he can dish out.

22pt naked or 25pt for PS8 slippery bastard that hits with 4 dice with TL option

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!239:27:48:5:;78:27,36,25:-1:9:;28:18:5:5:M.15&sn=Imperial Glass Cannons

There was a time when Stormtroopers were elite.
Then V turned them into a bit of joke,
Then VI solidified them as a joke.
Then Rogue One turned them into full on mooks, to be shown up by Death Troopers™ who show the Stormtrooper's inferior with tactics like "taking cover" and "not running in giant blobs out in the open straight into blaster fire."

TECHNICALLYYYYYYYY
the plans were beamed to Raddus's ship, which contained the Tantative IV.

>implying they haven't been mooks for decades now

Technically Leia's ship was a part of the Mon Cal one when they received the transmission

Nah, ESB is and was a critically acclaimed movie in its own right, even before RotJ was filmed.

ESB is fucking magical. It has so much characterization, expands upon the mystical aspects of the Force, and pulls on your heartstrings by putting the protagonists in a trap, threatening Han's life, and having Luke face Vader alone.

It's a damn good movie, with or without the rest of Star Wars.

Only the elite are taken for Death Trooper training. One thing that they look for in stormtrooper cadets is thinking to use cover even when none of your friends are

Well i'm a retard.

You'd be amazed at how many people were expecting Bothans before this movie came out.

Fukken casuals.

>Then V turned them into a bit of joke,
Uh, what? The Stormtroopers were at their scariest in ESB via the Snowtroopers.

And yes, they got hallway-fucked too many times in Rogue One, but it really did only happen in the hallway exits, they seemed to spread out and take cover at the first opportunity after that.

>Uh, what? The Stormtroopers were at their scariest in ESB via the Snowtroopers.
Until they got mowed down by their dozens and couldn't land a single shot in Cloud City. Without IV's excuse of being ordered to let them escape.

I don't remember any major mowing down in Cloud City, and Cloud City at least gave the rebels some reinforcements keeping the Stormtroopers distracted.

>by their dozens
This was a kneejerk response. I haven't seen V in a while and this is probably hyperbole.

And they were undeniably pathetic throughout VI and RO.

And R2-D2 spraying out fire retardant as a smoke screen

Oh shit! It's the Orgazoid!

Is that a point AGAINST the stormtroopers or a mitigating factor that explained their losses?

>It Ain't Sheev
not
>It'sa Not Meesa

you and your dellow felegates can fuck right off thanks

>We'll have him testify about the crimes of the Empire before the Senate!

Yeah I almost wish they'd made it that far just for the Emperor fucking things up forever

Is it jsut me or does he look stoned out of his mind in that pic? Kinda fits with the whole SPESS VIETNAM thing.

>where will you be when the acid kicks in?

I laughed way too hard at this in the movie

The problem with VI and most of the EU, and Rogue One, is they show stormtroopers getting kicked around like pussies.

In any realistic scenario it'd be the stormtroopers mowing down rebels by the dozens. That's how I tend to GM the game too. Stormtroopers aren't pathetic cannon fodder. If even a small squad of stormtroopers shows up, you better act fast.

>It'sa Not Meesa
I hate you because that is the best image of the helmet I have seen so far.

Wait a second how is the emperor alive if he dissolved the Senate? He IS the Senate!

it would have been a disappointing series if it ended in ESB.
ESB is a good movie in it's own right, and has a satisfying ending for that movie, Star Wars as a series would have felt unfinished and unbalanced without RotJ resolving the total plot.

ANH coud have stood on it's own as a story in the middle of a big setting, because it had no direct major threads left unresolved. ANH+ESB cannot stand uncompleted.

Yes but are your PCs the MAIN CHARACTERS of Star Wars?

Plot armor is very powerful in this universe.

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

Here you go. Resize in MSPaint to fit desired head. Some cut n' paste may be required

Sure, but that doesn't mean ESB is any less of a good movie. It's just in the middle of a trilogy.

So I tried out the Green Squad Pilot with Snap Shot and Crack Shot as a fairly low cost anti-ace addition, and damn did it overperform.

Now some screw ups by my opponent contributed, and as always dice do weird things.
But it expands the area you can effect when trying to block. It's not as good as blocking, but it covers more possible manuevers, and you can get a key hit in stripping a stealth device or finishing off the very fragile aces.

yep. I'm mainly stealling this from a conversation I had when the second Madoka Magica movie came out.
It's a good movie, but it's only good for the series if they make a third movie that resolves all that shit. If they don't, it managed to ruin the series while being a good movie.

He resolidified himself, like Alex Mac.
Or T-1000 if you're lame and didn't grow up with Nickelodeon.

Wow, somehow two of my postes ended up in the complete wrong thread.

>Madoka
>Good
lol.

Which system would be best for a Stormtrooper based game?

been there

AoR. Swap out the Rebel-flavored Duty table in the core book for this Imperial-flavored version and you're set.

sorta want

I like the design, but the X-Wing model doesn't even have a bomb slot. Come on FFG

>That bomb rack placement
Fucking Sienar.

What's the problem?

I feel like they didn't get any specs on it other than the general idea of a well armed and maneuverable atmospheric fighter

Holy fuck the tie-in book makes Jedha the coolest setting I've ever seen.

Thanks. Just out of curiosity, do any of the other SW RPGs have Imperial supplements?

The fact that the bombs are sitting in the same compartment as the squishy meatbags without a single piece of armor between them, while simultaneously leaving the bombardier with no apparent access to the pilot's seat or backup flight controls (all he's got is that targeting computer with no joystick or control yoke). I know you're usually fucked if you get hit at all in a TIE, secondary explosion risk or no, but still. Raith Sienar definitely had a hand in its internals.

While it may be the most visually boring TIE I've ever seen on the outside, on the inside, it's Sienar as fuck.

I THINK they may have also cut away the casing for the bomb rack, it's not just bare rails inside the cockpit. And I think there's little handles on either side of the targeting scope to serve as a flight yoke in emergencies.

What does it say?

So it seems the front "Reinforced plate" on the helmet is actually an antennae system.

Basically its ruins are old as fuck and held sacred by a huge chunk of the religions in Star Wars. (It's probably the fact that there were so many competing cults that saved it from being destroyed sooner than it was, why piss off a bunch of the Galaxy's religions when you can have them bicker endlessly in one place?)

Details all the weird religions that make pilgrimages thete, details some of the scummy lowlifes, and has plot hooks about a crazed surgeon who chops people's heads off to turn them into service droids for the highest bidder.

Dammit Cornelius, this is the kind of shit that gets you the death sentence on 12 systems.

Can you tell us more about Saw's militia and the Blue Squadron guys?

That's Evanzavan's old Schtic from legends back into Canon, and one of the other guys in the background is a Loose Cannon Spacecop chasing him down.

I run a different space system, but figure its close enough to SW to ask here.

How strict would the average planet be about having spaceships flying around in the atmosphere? (talking millennium falcon size)

I dont know how comfortable a government would be with having outsiders flying through their city in an armed and armored battle ship. For me it would be reasonable for there to be strict landing and departure protocols, but I want to hear others input on it.

Depends on how big and heavily settled it is really. And how rich the NIMBY people are that get flown over.

It would be like sailing a ship into port, docking outside the port area without entry papers is grounds for boarding and confiscation.

That sounds amazing.

Does Ponda Baba show up too?

Actually, do any other OT alien races show up besides Mon Cals? Rodians? Duros? etc.?/spoiler]

I was wondering how long it would take for Rich Evans to be posted in response to that.

And yes, both Panda Baba and Evanzavan show up, Jyn bumps into them in the street and almost gets the same speech Luke did before being dragged away..

I'm somewhat insulted, but it's true enough I suppose.

>Air Superiority

But it's obviously a multi-role.

Question

I love the aesthetic of the Rebel Troops in Rogue One.

What Armor in FFG gives me the closest thing to its aesthetic? I'm thinking the Flak Vest out of Dangerous Covenants (considering most of the rebels are wearing vietnam M1955 flak vests with extras along with M1 helmets)

That final scene in Rogue One was an Ace Combat mission with Star Wars skin. X-Wing are you secretly Gareth Edwards?

I wouldn't call that the final scene, but bing chunks of the battle had it.

But after all what is Ace Combat if not Rogue Squadron with real planes?

What, you mean where the Tantive IV ran away from Vader? Or where Jyn and Cassian held each other as they watched their inevitable death slowly approaching over the sea? Or what?