Did I break MTG?

Did I break MTG?

manastack.com/deck/to-infinity-and-beyond

Other urls found in this thread:

soniccenter.org/sm/mtg/megacombo150624.html
docs.google.com/document/d/1L_FIQrjBdh5J66KKAT2JJ2gTx1KfbXJUfXrdydjzhrY/edit
mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?29732-Legacy-Judge-Destroyer-1-0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Side note: I find it a bit odd that while kill spells are a black/red mechanic, the strongest kill spell in the game is white.

user, what turn would one usually win on with this deck do you think?

The first few sets in Magic weren't meant to be balanced, it was made for you to try and find all the cards, and be surprised when you hear about new cool cards. For example, the creators never thought ancestral recall was balanced, it didn't need to be, it was more for the wow factor, that's why there's an initial huge disparity in card quality.

Also, good job and on making an infinite combo, they're always fun. They get better and better, trust me, especially when you accidentally stumble into them. Keep enjoying Magic user, it's a fun game.

You would need a lot of ways to produce fast mana to break the game with this, but infinite combos are fun.

Infinite combos aren't new, OP. In fact, they're a major part of Modern's metagame.

You've reached the limits of that particular program. Magic is perfectly fine with those sorts of combinations though. That's not even that nutty for how complex it is. Compare the power achieved from just something like pic related after a few turns.

Turn X: Attach Followed Footsteps to Doubling Season
Turn X+1: Put two Doubling Season tokens onto the battlefield
Turn X+2: Put 2^3=8 Doubling Season tokens onto the battlefield
Turn X+3: Put 2^11=2048 Doubling Season tokens onto the battlefield
Turn X+4: Put 2^2059=6.619e619 Doubling Season tokens onto the battlefield
And so on

Well, let's see.
(Warning: everything beyond this point assumes that the player is somehow a god of luck and draws the exact card they need on the exact turn they need it. It also assumes that their opponent is somehow completely immobile.)

>I'd say it'd take four turns to get the first Parallel Lives out, then every turn after that drop another. Turn counter: 7
>Take four more turns to get Doubling Seasons out. Turn: 11
>Turn 12, drop an Island and use Progenitor Mimic to copy Doubling Season
>Turn 13, you get 512 doubling seasons. (This is where it gets interesting. It's also where your opponent will probably catch on to what your plan is.)
>Turn 14: Drop one Army of the Damned
>Turn 15: Flashback AoTD
>Turns 16-21: Repeat turns 14 and 15 for the next three AoTD copies.
>Turn 22: Attack with all of your tokens. Even the copied enchantments.

22 turns to a guaranteed victory, assuming your deck is perfectly stacked.

It was really fun doing all the math and watching the number of tokens increase. It's one of my favorite mechanics.

Should I replace some of the TGPs with Darksteel Ingots?

True, but I just wanted to share one of the more intense ones that I came up with.

Someone once sent me a link to a site where they generated so many tokens that they had to make up new notation just to write the number of tokens down. That's what inspired me to make this combo, and mine is absolutely minuscule compared to that one. If I can find the link I'll post it.

My original calculations were flawed, and I only ended up generating 2 sexvigintillion tokens.

Found it!

soniccenter.org/sm/mtg/megacombo150624.html

My god....

Just wow.

What version of duels is this?

is that the shitty Steam version of mtg
if so please graduate to the normal person mtgo or xmage and stop being an idiot thanks

More fun with numbers: docs.google.com/document/d/1L_FIQrjBdh5J66KKAT2JJ2gTx1KfbXJUfXrdydjzhrY/edit

that's cute op

>The first few sets in Magic weren't meant to be balanced
In addition to explicitly being unbalanced (rarity sorts that out... r-right?), the color pie was screwy. Let alone nailed down, the concept didn't even exist.

> no Paradox Haze

So is that. Remember, my deck is designed to create over a googol tokens.

That's not even my screencap

>therideneverends.png

I think that screencap is from Duels 2013

That turn 1 damage challenge was so much more interesting than I expected

>58 singletons instead of a bunch of playsets that stack
>the biggest challenge is to NOT go infinite
>I have to learn a new type of annotation to try to comprehend how much damage is dealt
>googolplex is a rounding error compared to it

More tokens than particles in the universe

I know the chances of pulling it off is virtually zero, but how would this work in MTGO? Not familiar with the program. Besides "it crashes." At what point would my computer catch fire?

Probably very soon. Remember, the guy who wrote this couldn't even use Knuth's up-arrow notation to write the number. He had to just skip to writing the number of up-arrows he would have written.

Given that I'm pretty sure MTGO works with integers I highly doubt it would get much beyond the initial 2059 Doubling Seasons. Trying to put Xe620 items onto the battlefield might crash the program but it would probably just result in a little over two million being created at most since that's the maximum an Int32 will go to. However, MTGO probably won't actually spawn two million items onto the board. It likely has some much smaller cap like 999 for usability and testing reasons. I mean, let's be frank. Outside of wacky combos like this there is nothing you are going to do in MtG with ~infinity of anything that you can't do with 999 of them.

I should try to calculate the actual number of tokens, without scientific notation. I bet I couldn't even fit it into a Veeky Forums post.

You wouldn't even be able to express it *with* scientific notation. There really is no way to comprehend how large that number is.

Holy shit.

mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?29732-Legacy-Judge-Destroyer-1-0

All other synergetic decks are for babies.

>he thinks he's the only one who has made an infinite combo

cute

actually white is supposed to be the second major removal colour, along with black, but it i true that white is kind of losing its control nature.

>infinite combo
At least read what it does, the whole point was to not go infinite.

I usually think of white as "restrict but don't destroy completely", black as "bypass all damage effects, just straight up destroy", and red as "deal damage but don't straight-up destroy"

Very large, but still finite.

I should probably clarify what I mean by "very large".

I mean...

This number is 350 quintillion digits long.