Create-a-Card Challenge:

Create-a-Card Challenge:

Now that Oath of Ajani is coming out, create custom dual color planeswalker Oath cards and post them in the comments with a pic.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/hunter-cannot-pity-2014-07-16
magiccards.info/query?q=o:"Gain life" c!b&v=card&s=cname
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty good.

Completely busted,

Allied Color Pairs:
UW: Narset
UB: Ashiok
GR: Sarkhan
BR: Daretti

Enemy Color Pairs:
RW: Nahiri
BW: Sorin
UR: Dack
UG: Tamiyo
BG: Vraska

How would Oath of Nahiri be busted? It's just a Steelshaper's Gift with a very situational cost reduction ability.

And Oath of Narset looks meh. Would be amazing at 2 mana though,

You know what my super OC hope for MTG is?

Liliana, the fucking bitch, is needed to help the jacetice league solve some problem in the first half of the set. Then in the second half of the set out of no where Garruk shows up and murders her, getting justice and revenge for the things she has done to him. Then Garruk makes the transition from GB to B and replaces Liliana as the Jactice League's black planeswalker.

I know this won't happen because WotC won't kill off a female planeswalker, but god damn at no point has Liliana ever repented or seemed to care about all the evil shit she has done. All she has done since she joined the Jacetice league is snark and spluged over jace. Fucking christ I am actually mad about her not seeing her reckoning.

I like the story aspect, but Garruk will always be green. It's who he is

Garruk is currently GB. The transition wouldn't be a huge leap from here.

>spend all your fucking mana on walkers
>end up with no creatures to put your equipment on to.
really your deck will just end up mono white with some splash of red for the enchantment and then have a bunch of BFZ Gideon and Elspeths if running in older formats.

>WotC won't kill off a female planeswalker
Elspeth. Admittedly they killed her in a way that makes it very likely to make a return (har). Apart from that, how many planeswalkers have died period? Venser, and... sort of Sorin?

venser and vronos

both of whom were pretty interesting dudes, but they also aren't the "original" neowalkers so they can get fucked

These are usually terrible
The imagination of Veeky Forums magic nerds is so limited

dat 6pack

I had to look up Vronos to see who the hell it was.
>The masked face of Vronos was the default player avatar in the first series of Duels of the Planeswalkers. He was killed off in the trailer of the Magic 2015 - Duels of the Planeswalkers.[2]

>killed off in the trailer

Big damn loss there.

These need flavor text, by the way. It's hardly an Oath card without the oath written on it.

Silly version...

...and edgy version.

My attempt

That second effect is nuts.

yeah, you should at least have a cost associated with it, probably in loyalty counters.

Name a land and then exile all of their lands of that type. Christ man.

>...damage to each each opponent
typo

I'm not sure how to template the second ability, but "search target opponent's battlefield" ain't right. The second ability should specify you have to name a nonland card, otherwise what said happens and opps teh gaem. And yeah the card needs to cost more.

Flavor text is okay but he should say multiverse, not universe.

I'm just making silly cards at this point.

Vronos was a pretty cool guy though, gave Avacyn some character development too.

When though? Is there a story article or something?

We just need an Oath of Garruk with flavor text along the lines of:

>I'm going to watch you all die.

>Oath of Garruk
At the beginning of each players upkeep that player sacrifices creature, artifact or planeswalker.

second effect is fine. you need to have a fuckin Bolas planeswalker out for it to trigger. Should definitely have a non-basic rider tho.

Reminder to Garrukfags that he had it coming .

When oath of garruk etb, destroy target walker

Walkers you cast that is not named garruk cost 1 more to cast.

FUCK YOUR SHIT!

VRONOS DIED FOR OUR SINS!

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/hunter-cannot-pity-2014-07-16

Yeah, my bad, forgot nonbasic. If you land Nicol Bolas your opponent is meant to be fucked, but not that much.

>Flavor text is okay but he should say multiverse, not universe.
IMO multiverse just sounds so dopey said aloud. Plus, I could be mistaken, but I can't remember any planeswalkers specifically referring to it as "the multiverse" before.

How's this look?

Oath of the wildspeaker GG
Legendary enchantment
>When ~ enters the battlefield, search your library for a basic land and put it onto the battlefield.

>At the beginning of your end step, return a land from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped for each planeswalker you control.

Oath of the Predator BG
Legendary Enchantment
>When ~ enters the battlefield, remove all loyalty counters from target planeswalker.

>During combat on your turn, for each planeswalker your opponents control, you may have one target attacking creature deal damage as if it wasn't blocked.

>"Until all fan favourite planes are ruined by my monthly blood-fever, I will keep watch."

Lynch this chalky cunt please.

>WotC kills off player agency in a trailer

>Oath of the wildspeaker GG
>GG
GG indeed.

That effect is retardly OP, blood moon, insurrection and koth's ult every turn.

It's a joke
Everyone loved goblin test pilot, right?

>Tibalt enters the battlefield
>Ral bolts him
>FUCK OFF TIBALT

That flavor text is dank my dude

I laughed way harder than I should have.
Like, cackling little baby laugh.
+ 1 internet to you, friendo, that's fuckin saved.

Hilariously broken.

>magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/hunter-cannot-pity-2014-07-16
Eyes? Xe's missing the entire top half of Xir head!

Woops how did I quote that

fuck

I'm just here for the flavor text...
Narset: until the secrets of the universe open for me, I'll keep watch.
Nahiri: so no plane will be suffer like Zendikar, I'll keep watch.
Kaya: pay me enough, and i'll keep watch.
Sorin: let me out of here and I'll keep watch, honest.
Tibalt: I'll keep watch, watching you guys suffer in pain and suffering, LMAO (finally an anti-planeswalker oath)

Because you're a connoisseur of some of the better stories made by Wizards?

I wanna join in.
This one is cool
Man what the fuck.

slightly less broken one.

>Justice
Garruk literally attacked her first.
>B-Buh she killed his hunting animal
His hunting animal attacked her first and ate her fucking horse right in front of her, then turned to try and eat her.
Literally the only thing Liliana did wrong in the Garruk situation was not kill him, and that's because black couldn't kill target planeswalker yet.

Change it to "The only thing you can afford to watch is your backs" then it's perfect.

saved, just for the oath

Completely pointless.
You can't activate them anyway.

Wait, I thought Veeky Forums hated custom cards

Veeky Forums does, but you seem to be under the assumption Veeky Forums doesn't do anything it hates.

It's just strange to me. Custom card threads are dead, but this one's on the front page. What's the difference?

/ccg/ is serious, half the entries here are jokes and ridicule the Jacetice League.
Honestly, the fact that 90% of them are of villains shows where Veeky Forums's sympathies lie.

>spend all your fucking mana on walkers
>end up with no creatures to put your equipment on to.
Most white planeswalkers can make tokens, or become creatures.

I despise Oaths and superfriends.

Sorin was explicitly left alive so Emrakul would end him.

Sorin's also been left in a perpetual state of pain and bleeding out for the past few months while the Gatewatch recouperated and went to Ravnica. And is part of a vampire race that can go for a month, at best, before turning to dust if they haven't fed.
He seems pretty dead.

As long as Nahiri's alive, they won't kill off Sorin. Those two deserve to kill each other. And I'm a Sorinfag.

Fuck off, Ashiok is genderless in the sense that they're basically nightmares/dreams incarnate, not in the sense they're a tumblr snowflake.

Is this OP, useless, or both?

>Shroud
>When Oath of Urza comes into play put thirty time counters on it.
>At the beginning of your upkeep remove a time counter from it
>When there are no time counters on Oath of Urza, you win the game.

"All according to plan!"

Both. The first ability for 5cmc is absolutely useless, considering the artifact goes into your hand.

The second ability is absolutely game-breaking to a lot of decks, and the ability isn't really UR.

A more reasonable version would be

>Oath of Urza
1UR, Legendary Enchantment

When ~ enters the battlefield, you may search your library for an artifact, and put it into your hand.

Each time your opponent casts a planeswalker or activates the ability of a planeswalker, that planeswalker loses loyalty counters equal to the number of planeswalkers you control.

Basically the same thing, but harder to pull off effectively.

>"""add it to your hand""""
Do you even play this game?

As for flavor I'm pretty sure planeswalker hate isn't really in any color so it's not exactly against the grain of red.

I play EDH lol

Planeswalker hate so far has been in the form of red burn and black removal. Blue isn't the "no planeswalkers, REEEE" color

No blue is the artifact tutor color. You don't need both effects to be in both colors. That would get prohibitive.

No but that's blacks planeswalker hate, red's is doing damage, black is removing, stealing, or turning irrelevant.

Are you just talking about black hate in general? Or specifically black planeswalker removal? Either way there is no kill in my enchantment, it prevents planeswalkers from being played or doing anything which, if anything, is more white.

But again, it's not white. It's not any color. There aren't any cards that do this. Also, the higher a cards rarity, the less reliance on color flavor. A rare card that has a slightly different type of hate isn't exactly that hard to believe.

>Also, the higher a cards rarity, the less reliance on color flavor.
But that's wrong. Red doesn't magically get pacifism effects just because the cards at a higher rarity.
Also, it's not even at mythic where you can try and pretend that that's an argument that would work

Also, why would Urza's oath be the anti-planeswalker one? He did the Gatewatch thing before the Gatewatch was a thing. He'd give you bonuses for getting planeswalkers, not wiping them.

The artifact effect is fine, but the rest of it seems more like oldfag butthurt more than anything

That's probably cause I'm a butthurt oldfag.

Urza's got planeswalker hate cause he devoted his life to closing portals and preventing planeswalking. It's something he'd be good at.

>Urza's got planeswalker hate cause he devoted his life to closing portals and preventing planeswalking
What? No he didn't.

>That's probably cause I'm a butthurt oldfag.
At least you admit it, now I know I can properly ignore you.

>all these fools using MTG Cardsmith

MAGIC SET EDITOR EXISTS YOU MORONS.

>No he didn't.
Have you read pic related?

>Now I can ignore you.
By replying to me? lol. You proved you didn't know your shit when you said that keeping people from playing planeswalkers is somehow a black ability.

Not him but you're pretty fucking stupid yourself by trying to say it was a RED ability.

>no Karn anywhere ITT

step up

>4C Planeswalker in Vintage control gets a free Batterskull
Probably becomes a top deck.

No I said it's not strongly any color.

>No I said it's not strongly any color.
And that's still wrong "Can't cast" kinds of spells are pretty much universally white. Additionally, the effect isn't in red at all.

Great job: a 7 mana oath is a little pricy but the effect is really strong and the flavour is on point

>Plainswalker

Lifegain isn't black, but it is Sorin.

Deny isn't red, but it is Urza.

(who is red)

>lifegain isn't black
yes, it is

>Lifegain isn't black, but it is Sorin.
magiccards.info/query?q=o:"Gain life" c!b&v=card&s=cname
You really are stupid? Black is one of the major lifelink colors, it's had drain effects since forever, and it's the color of vampires in general.

There's a reason White+Black is lifegain/drain the color combo

>play control
>hold mana up for counters/removal
>opponent does nothing during their turn
>flash in a threat during their end step

Are you dumb

Fuck. Oh well.

I can't wait to use it in my tokens/hardened scales modern

The flavor text is kinda like Ajani's because they both have really close ideologies, even more so after Theros.

Forgot indestructible is "have" and not "are" nowadays.