Warhammer 40 General

Hope it not another dupe Edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

First for Sons of Orar are better than Blood Angels, Ultramarines and White Scars Combined!

+++ Dark Mechanicus deployment begins +++

I hope the rumours about that are true, as well as the combined Codex. Along with IA14, looking like a good year for Admech.

Is it just me sucking at painting as usual, or are the Mechanicus really tricky to paint? I probably shouldn't have picked them for my first army, they have almost Deldar levels of spikes. Tried and Inquisitiors and their Acolytes and had a much easier time of it.

whats the most effective units for orks?

Schrödinger's Sisters of Battle are thing thanks to GW incompetence.

Lootas, tankbustas, mek gunz, MANz in trukks
Ork warbikers are also v strong

Looted tanks, Buggies, Grot Tanks.

>or are the Mechanicus really tricky to paint?

They are an absolute nightmare to paint. Huge amounts of detail on very spindly, fragile models. Loads of wires and cables hanging off everything. It all makes for a pretty miserable experience.

>lots of fiddly details and cables
>not just painting it metallic and giving it a wash

Come on now.

Hey Veeky Forums, have you played any nice games today?

I got a game vs Tau with my daemons but I rolled so well it ended up more than a little one sided.
I ended up getting warp surge twice and cursed earth so my whole army was walking around with storm shields.
Meanwhile the doom bell on my herald fucked with their leadership, you would be suprised how many times -1ld caused him to fail some sort of test.

NOBS

IN

A

NAUT

GW is only incompetent in that they created the Shitsters in the first place.

1k tourney yesterday, took third with my orks.

Pardon the quality, I blame the complimentary coffee.

After a rough start where my aggressive deployment plus a lucky seize cost me half my models. the enemy was so focused on murdering my dwindling army that he forgot to hold objectives.

>I blame the complimentary coffee.
All is forgiven.

OK, so I have slightly more of an excuse to suck than is normal for relative newbies in this.
Pretty much been doing so far, and doing a few of the other details in different ways for some variation. Looking forward to doing the Kastelans, the Chimera for the Inquisition and the Knight just to paint a flat surface for once.

Is it normal to take less care on the scrubby infantry than on the big stuff? Not to the point of actively looking shit, but Id rather not do three layers+ highlight on the 5pt bolter Acolytes or the 30k Adsecularis, which are essentially 5ppm Skitarii with all the offensive ability (BS/WS2) replaced by Fearless, for tarpitting in groups of 20.

Nice looking Horros mang.

>I hope the rumours about that are true
could you point me towards the rumours good sir?

>>+++ Dark Mechanicus deployment begins +++

my dream

until i find out all their units are unrelated to adeptus mechanicus models and all my conversion work is for naught

We should start over. Any army that was not in the original 3rd rulebook should be squated.

Reworked the ones there and then make proper rules for the squated armies.

i'd rather see the fifteen flavors of space marines get squatted rather than variety armies like mech and gsc

there's no reason at all that the space marine legions cant get all rolled into one supplement (other than money obviously)

Are Orks green nationalists?

Warhammer Community Rumour Engine put out a pic of a spindly arm on a sprue holding some keys that looked like the Admech cog symbol, and when some helpful user improved the quality a bit, it's almost identical to the arms on the Dominus or the Kataphron Destroyers.
The rest is just the usual rumourmongers talking about stuff they want.
It's Admech, certainly, but whether it's DarkMech or just other stuff we don't know.

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>It's Admech, certainly, but whether it's DarkMech or just other stuff we don't know.

If its Dark Mech I know where my scholarship money is going lol.

Space Marines
Chapters supplements

Chaos
Legions supplements

Imperial whatever (inc SoB, inquisitors, other extraneous imperial factions)

Mechanicus

Eldar (inc harlequins)
Craftworlds supplement

Tyranids
GSC supplement

Necrons

Dark Eldar

Orks

Imperial Guard

should be the books

tau can get axed for all i care, superheavies like knights can fuck off back to apocalypse where they belong

>Ork
Klans

>Imperial Guard
Regiments

>I was only 9 years old
>I loved the Swarmlord so much, I had all the miniatures and codices
>I pray to the Swarmlord every night before bed, thanking him for fucking up Marneus Calgar
>"Swarmlord is love" I say; "Swarmlord is life"
>Matt Ward hears me and calls me a faggot
>I know he was just jealous of my devotion for the Swarmlord
>I called him a cunt
>He slaps me and sends me to the kitchen
>I'm crying now, and my face hurts
>I lay on the floor and it's really cold
>Suddenly, an immortal hunger is moving towards me
>It's the Swarmlord
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear "SSSSSS."
>He grabs me with his powerful tyranid hands and puts me down onto my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>I open my fridge for the Swarmlord
>He eats all my food
>It hurts so much but I do it for the Swarmlord
>I can feel my fridge tearing as my eyes start to water
>I want to please the Swarmlord
>He roars in a mighty roar as he empties my fridge
>Matt Ward walks in
>Swarmlord looks him straight in the eyes and says "SSSS."
>The Swarmlord leaves through my window
>Swarmlord is love. Swarmlord is life.

games workshop is trolling chaos space marine player? Traitor legion suck

I'd settle for just a faq line

>mechanicus forces can be aligned to the dark gods, if so they share the same alliance classification as chaos space marines

so i can take some daemon engines (no matter how bad they are)

So you am language of skill.

Ahriman is a good guy right?

traitor legion is trolling chaos space marine player? games workshop suck

bitter autist

>I'd settle for just a faq line
My problem with that is that the Dark Mech should operate fundamentally different to the Admech by this point. I understand that Chaos itself is hard to represent in a rule set but still.

You are right though I would settle for it haha

Define good guy? He is arguably fighting for a noble goal but that doesnt make him noble.

Pretty much, but I would like some way to make my units more Chaosy. I mean, you couldn't let them take marks, since otherwise you'll have T8 Kastelans, T4 Sicarians (I guess that wouldn't be too bad) or a Dominus walking around with a 3++ reroll ones.
Maybe some variation on Daemonic Possession, and a different set of Canticles that have chaos effects like debuffing enemies more than buffing you?

>buy DV Chaos Lord
>one of the horns broke off in shipping
>was gonna make him Mark of Nurgle anyway.

Welp. At least single horns are a nugle thing anyway.

it's even more nurgly if there's a small chunk of the other one left

but to go next level, chop them both off and glue some antlers on instead

Green iz best

1250 Alpha Legion Insurgency, a.k.a. infantry spam

++Chaos Warband++

Chaos Lord (Mindveil, Terminator armor, combi-plasma, power fist) 152

2x Chaos Marines (meltagun) 170

2x Chosen (4x meltagun) 260

Terminators (combi-plasmas) 112

Chaos Raptors (2x flamers) 105

Havocs (4x autocannon) 115

++LATD++

Dark Apostle (105)

2x Cultists (flamer) 110

2x Cultists (autoguns) 118

Any suggestions for a loyalist looking Dark Apostle? I'm modeling these guys using the plastic Mk3 from the Calth box, and the regular DA model doesn't fit the aesthetic.

I painted all my Tzeentch stuff in eye watering pink and blue.
/wip/ said they look like McDonalds toys.

>I'm modeling these guys using the plastic Mk3 from the Calth box
Maybe the.. BaC Dark Apostle?

Dark Mech shouldn't have Kastelans, Sicarians or Domini at all, they should be a COMPLETELY different force on a fundamentally different level.

True, but it is probably going to be a supplement, so there will still be the old units on some level. I could see them using a lot of Sicarians, but def. not the Kastelans seeing as they have daemon engines for that.

>hey look like McDonalds toys.
Lol. As hilarious as that is I still think they look great.

Can we pretend like orks are op for a thread

I just lost my 8th game in a row and need a pick me up

There is no Dark Mechanicus anything coming.

Well shit, forgot about that model. Good call user, thank you.

GWs never done a supplement that turns a force into an enemy Faction. CSM are not SM with an evulz supplement, Dark Eldar are not Eldar with an evulz supplement. Even Renegades and Heretics, which totally could be done that way for IG, is not. Dark Mech, if the rumours prove true, will be a standalone book.

Piece of advice mate try playing at lower points cost with someone. 500-1000 treats orks a lot nicer then 1500+.

Anyone knows a decent Emperors Children List that incorporates Kakophoni a Land Raider and some slaaneshi demons allies.

came up with this but Im not sure if it would do well

at best it'd be a tiny supplement with like 3 unique units (dark magos, techpriest equivalent, one actual squad of something new) and a couple formations with CSM daemon engine shit

more likely it'll be absolutely nothing

Well, they'd never done a Mechanicus anything up until Skitarii, but I do see your point.

I do think it's more likely as a supplement, though, seeing as the Adeptus Mechanicus list isn't fully fleshed out yet anyway.

>at best it'd be supplement with MC profiles and daemonic saves for all half-daemon walkers.

Pretty sure you need an auxillary choice to get the full EC bonus. Its like 1 spawn to do so and you get the combat drugs so probably worth.

If you were in charge of Dark Mech and had as many new kits as both Ad Mech books got, how would you do it?

Be creative, I want to hear ideas for totally new units, not "Kastelans but Daemonforge" or "everything has Canticles but EVUL VERSION"

>implying canticles of the evilssiah isn't creative as fuck

Oh yea, forgot to add the Spawn tax

And thats why we post lists lol.

Rate my list!

0forts/10

I think it would still be Canticles of the Omnissiah, since the DarkMech believe that the Chaos Gods are aspects of the Omnissiah like the Emperor (Offically) is to the regular Admech.

The ability to corrupt and turn enemy war machines against them. If you wreck and enemy vehicle without exploding it, you can attempt to use Battlesmith on it to restore it as one of your units, on one Hull Point but fully under your control and automatically targetting the nearest enemy unit it can hurt.
Might be OP as hell, but maybe only have it on HQ units so as to have an incentive to keep them near the front line?

What are the chances of a Chaos war convocation in the new supplement?

None, but I expect we'll get a proper Decurion in a combined codex if/when it arrives, and assuming it's not shit I would honestly prefer it to the "Take an extremely restrictive list and get OP and boring bonuses".

some fluff seems to point towards the dark mech being a bunch of assholes beholden to no one, who just make weapons for the csm so they can work on their pet projects in their spare time

Taking these lads to a daemon game today.

Wish me luck guardbros.

Some fluff? All fluff, limited as it is for the DarkMech. I would expect them to have lots of the 30k Mechanicum's tools as well, like Cybertheurgy, but seeing as IA14 will probably give that to the loyalists anyway, not a huge deal.

So.. like regular admech but with more skulls.

is it frowned upon to use named characters in regular games?

im thinking about using captain lysander for my imperial fists.

>plastic Mk3 from the Calth
Calth had the Mk4 Marines, Prospero has Mk3

Depends on your group. I think it SHOULD be frowned upon unless you talk to your opponent about it beforehand.

Unless you play with extreme casualfags nobody would care.

Do raptors seriously not have deep strike?

>jump infantry
Read the rules.

they have jump packs so they can deep strike

Doh.

I hope in 8e, GW will stop this matryoshka rule bullshit.

They probably can't do proper Cyberthurgy anymore, what's left is their cobbled together tech-magic they use on Daemon engines.

Dark Mech are just as bad, if not worse, than the Admech when it comes to how much knowledge they lost in the Heresy. It's telling that although they still have and maintain a lot of pre-heresy gear, they can't actually make most of it.

Fact is, Daemons play a large part in how the Dark Mech operate, it's less about science and actual technology, and more about Daemons and warp fuckery.

Even best bro Scoria was just "Robots.....BUT WITH DAEMONS"

Scoria was more "robots with weird warpy coding" since it was mostly a temporary possession, but yeah. I would expect their personal forces would be an order of magnitude above what they sell to Chaos, though. Thousands of years of making warp weapons means they've probably got very, very good at it by now.

Can someone share the picture where csm players lick legs if GW?

Well the only story we've had of Dark Mech personal armies is that smith who made a huge army of Daemon engines, but they were just normal ones like Defilers, not eccentric superweapons like pseudo-Ullanors or things like that.

And then he got slapped down by the Chaos gods for being a Daemon hording little shit.

I don't think they have super secret reserves of ultimate power, or if they do, they can't be very big.

And warp coding is just minor Daemonic creatures entombed within a machine, it's basically the same as what the Dark Mech do now but more subtle and less likely to kill the person who "Controls" it.

You are gonna need it. Let us know how it goes.

Please rate my list.

Inquisitor attaches to the veteran squad because fuck psykers.

Bought myself some Christmas presents!

I cant wait for my secret santa! Too bad its coming across the ocean, i hope it gets here soon, because SUSPENSE ABSOLUTELY KILLS MEEE

Nice bedsheets, kid

Thanks senpai.

Well it does solve the issue of power supply, coding, ammunition repairs and upgrades.

Reminder that if you play Death Guard but use

>sorcerors
>transports
>jump packs
>bikes

you have disappointed Mortarion and are weak.

682/3043

i use all of these.
fite me 1v1 in real life

why wouldn't I use this awesome model?

Mortarion, be more accepting

signed
Nurgle

Footslogging Death Guard with no vehicles and every unit being in multiples of 7 is the only way to play, all other normies get away from my legion

Could someone post some example competitive IG lists?

You're in the Imperial Guard, son. You don't play for glory, you play because it's your duty.

But leaves the smith at the complete mercy of what the Daemon wants to do. If you're lucky you can convince it that it can kill/fuck/poop on/whatever the fuck Tzeentch Daemons want outside of "CHAAAAAAAAANGE" better by strapping guns to it.

Worst case you have to force them inside their cages, which doesn't make them co-operative.

Dark Mech is pretty much at the whims of the Chaotic powers just as much as the CSM are.

Hey it's that guy who doesn't know all the abbreviations again.

So with my Lord on foot now I realized I need to come up with a bliss giver. Found a weapon from my Chaos Knights that will work. No problem there
I have a spare box box of early, early 2000's chaos marines that I can convert into Chosen, and my lord. I can order the bits I need for power weapons and Lightning claws from Puppet's war. If their bikers weren't so Nurgle looking I'd be adding them to my EC army. Not too worried about that though, as the GW bikers are not too horribly priced.

So now conversion time. I have the power swords, glaives, and lightning claws to arm everyone but...how do I make my lord look like a Lord? How can I make my chosen look extra special? I will be honest my first game will likely be Poxy City with grey knights standing in for chosen, Blood Angel's bikers for Chaos Bikers, and my power fist combo-melta lord standing in for my Blissgiver/bolt pistol lord.

But how do I make a regular marine look "chosen?" How do I make a regular marine look "Lordly"

>I hope in 8e, GW will stop this matryoshka rule bullshit.

How about you have a vague glance at a rulebook or a general knowledge of very basic rules instead? If you want everything spelled out on one page sounds like age of sigmar is the game for you.

Naw, you just place a warded blasting charge on top of the binding circle.