Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Why do you play full casters?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

erang.bandcamp.com/album/tome-iii
d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/description#TOC-Age
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sup /pfg/!

Is there a means by which I can make my Psychic Armory's Panoply of Blades count as a monk weapon for Flurry of Blows?

I don't play full casters because they're fucking boring.
>Get punished for themed casting over batman spell selection
>fun spells invalidate party roles altogether
>primary, really ONLY class feature hinges on the X/day meme

>Why do you play full casters?
They are fun.

Because I want to support my friends as a brave cleric

I'm running an action packed killer megadungeon campaign. Not sure if you've heard of the megadungeon...but it's called Rappan Athuk.

Anyone ever play it, or DM it? Any advice?

I'm looking for some help finding a soundtrack to use for ambience.

There's any number of dungeon crawlers you could steal from when it comes to music.

such as?

Just take rapid shot?

Darkest Dungeon, Dungeons of Dredmore, Legend of Grimrock, Diablo, Torchlight, Path of Exile, and others.

There's the Wizardry series, for starters.

>let's look at the kineticist, and the stuff Jolly made for it
>surely it can't be that complicated, I'm sure I'll figure something out in no time
>I'm sure this gimmick gestalt build I have in my head will work, it's so simple that it's got to!
>mfw I have no face for finding out just how wrong I am

I thought it would be so simple to make a conductive not!Vital swordsman with an elemental theme, but oh how wrong I was.

Why not just Mystic? Gets Mithral Current and E. Flux. With a feat you can even put Solar Wind stuff on your Mithral Current Sword beams.

Carrying on from Thick-Sword girl in the last thread. I like the Shattered Mirror Discipline and figured this might be a fun way to fluff it. She's going to be for Jade Regent. Any suggestions? There are gaps to fill in!

>Daughter of a craftsman who grew up in a watermill near the hills. The power of the water & the wheel were useful for father's work.
>Enjoyed watching her father create intricate mirrors. Though they lived away from the city centre, commissions would often come from the city itself.
>His works were well renowned and highly saught after by the nobility. He was happy for the business, and poured as much dedication and love as he always did.
>He finishes the mirror and sets off to deliver it, travelling down-river on a barge.
>They're attacked by bandits in the night, Karis escapes but the mirror, and her father, aren't so lucky. The masterpiece is shattered and her father nowhere to be found.
>Karis is lost and confused, and still a child by the standards of many, but she's been given purpose.
>She continues on to the city, clutching a piece of the mirror in one hand, and the sword of a bisected bandit in the other.
>Karis suspects foul play and seeks out the noble who commissioned the strange mirror in the first place.
>Upon arrival in the city, she discovers ???
>Adventure

The gimmick was that it was basing everything on a Mercurial Duelist's Not!Vital Strike and a Conductive weapon. All I'd ever need to make attacks would be a standard action, leaving me free to gather power at the start of the round or use a swift action to do whateverthefuck. Unfortunately, I forgot that I know nothing about kineticist outside of memes, so I don't know if my mental picture is even viable. It's also probably, even perfectly executed, utter trash compared to just going ZS||Investigator or something.

>Why not just Mystic
I hate mystic's recovery, even if it's "totally not that complicated senpai!" like everyone keeps telling me. Also Mystic is Wis based.

Is Judge the only archetype with Shattered Mirror?

Thank you

How do you differentiate between all the Tiefling sub-races?
Like.... what features are more common to those descended from Rakshasa or Oni?

The only one that I think would be really easy to discern their ancestry from would be the ones descended from Qlippoths. Just because they'd probably be the ugliest and have a more.... fungal/parasitic look to them than other Tiefling types.

There's a brief description that's usually given, or at least you could go by the images in Blood of Fiends. Oni-spawn get colorful skin, big tusks, or maybe a third eye; rakshasa spawn would have tiger stripes, a monkey's tail, or other animal features.

Rakshasa are easy. they typically have animalistic features, such a fur, cat eyes or tails. though stereo typically they look feline in nature.

Oni can vary in appearance too. Typically resembling demons of Japanese or Chinese myth. Though by and large they look like discount Ogre Mages

It's.... not impossible, but you need to modify your kinetic blast into kinetic blade modes or the like else you cannot conduct (ranged/melee disparity). Having something in hand in the first place will prevent gather power, however, so you may want to instead use Gambler: a Double-or-Nothing kinetic blast is already physical, so backloading it on a non-touch shot won't alter its accuracy (and may in fact improve it with magic weapons or training bonuses).

However this is less a martial build than using the weapon to charge manifesting, as you'll then cash-out all that burn into temporary power points you then use to cast shit basically at-will (with an action-economy cost instead of per-day limits).

One of the porphyra archetypes is a kinetic blade duelist though, that would at least load them appropriately for your melee, and the roil-dancer might as well.

Anyone have thunderscape pdf

Can a Bard cast spells while maintaining Bardic Performance?

As was mentioned last time, a Mercurial Duelist would start every round with nothing in-hand (muh quickdraw iaijutsu). How that interacts with gather power escapes me, since I don't know if you lose the gathered power if you put something in your hand after gathering.

The whole thing is kind of a hot mess and likely not worth the effort it's going to take to figure it all out, unfortunately. Finding out how Kineticist actually works is simultaneously fun, and headache-inducing, though.

Yes.

Here are the images from Blood of Fiends, the ones talks about.

>demon
I'd hit that

The Rakshasa one is pretty sexy too, and i'm not even a furry. She just has such lovely hair, and the hint of some absolutely amazing tits.

Qlippoth tieflings are the worst of them all, who would play something that ugly?

You don't lose it, but you HAVE to have empty hands while using it, so it becomes a very strict gateway to what sequence you can do any actions in.

Demon, devil, div, kyton, oni, and rakshasa look okay.
Asura, daemon, and demodand, no thanks.
Qlippoth has a face not even a mother could love, which is why they're the motherless.

And great thighs too.

Unrelated, is there a trait that can give me Craft as a class skill?

It seems like horns are really popular when it comes to evil.

...how do you not have Craft as a class skill? I'm pretty sure all classes get it.

Looking for Work from Second Darkness.
Snake Bleeder for Craft (Alchemy) if you're from Nagajor.

Let's see here, I would... Asura, probably. Demon, Devil, Div definitely. Kyton... maybe, Oni definitely and rakshasa definitely.

Qlippoth-kun just needs a hug and someone to tell him it's not his fault, though, would befriend and have magical adventures with.

All classes get Craft and Profession in class AFAIK.

I want to impregnate a cute Pitborn!

What's the best 1pp build to accomplish this goal by level five?

Cleric gets profession but not craft.
Barbarian gets craft but not profession.

I remember because these two have frustrated me before.

Bard? Pitborn are Tieflings and Tieflings run the gamut of alignments.

Cleric gets both Craft and Profession, but Barbarian doesn't get Profession, you are correct.

I'm not really feeling it Senpai, I like the mirror idea but it just feels like she's some random hodunk peasant girl that got a shard and a sword.

She's level 3, that implies a bit of experience!

Not THAT much experience dude.

Average Farmer is level 2.

Usually, when I play full-casters, it's because that best fits the type of character I want to play. Same reason I play martials or skill-focused characters.

Honestly, I rarely play full-casters unless the party needs one. If I have my druthers, I'll play a Magus, Ranger, or Fighter... I've yet to play a Druid, so maybe I'll do that next time I'm a player in a game (if it fits the game), rather than a forever GM.

Is she a farmer? Does she have NPC levels?

Just saying, you don't need THAT much experience to be level 3

Are you a pedantic cunt? Do you have any actual criticism?

What skills aren't class skills for a phantom thief? Would Investigator/Phantom Thief be the most skill monkey? A 1 level dip into mind chemist/oracle maybe?

Whats the most skill monkey investigator?

Anyone excited for Starfinder?

Level 2 is the bog standard for humans. Level 1 means you're a ditch digger/beggar/town joke.

Level 3 is indicative of an initiate at a temple, a guard, miner, thugs, etc. that's for NPC classes.

Some examples of a level 3 PC is:
>burglar
>cultist
>local celebrity

So honestly not that much of a big deal.

Quite a bit, actually.

I do, but I'm in no position to give it.

I seriously didn't want to come across as that hostile, but the player's got a solid concept that just needs to be -

You know what, fuck it. If I just said how it needs work I'll be the asshole.

Yeah, after looking at PoW I've decided she'll be in the Stained Glass Champion tradition, which makes things more interesting I think. She'll have returned home after finding no leads in the city, only to find the place being lived in by naughty bandits. She dispatches them with a peculiar flourish and eventually the Stained Glass bros hear about it and pick her up.

The punishment for violating the Stained Glass Oath is only a little bit of mindbreak anyway so it's basically free stuff.

Yes. Make sure your players make at least five characters, and especially make sure they don't get attached to them.

>Ditch digger, beggar, town joke

Or like, an apprentice or something.

Just give it to me user.

FWIW the character looks like this. No race decided yet.

What's an Omnimental Familiar, /PFG/? It says I can get one as an Incanter, but there are no stats listed for it (its AC, the little bonus it gives, etc.)

user, a level 1 monk, a monk for fucks sake, has good odds of killing a man with a single punch. Not even pro boxers or combat veterans can do it that easily. Knock you on your ass sure, but not drop you into negatives to where you need medical attention right fucking now to survive from a single punch.

First level is plenty competent, especially compared to 99% of the world being level 1 Commoners. It's just that you need to get really heroic to start fighting the big, legendary stuff.

Omnimentals are from the Destruction Handbook.

No they do not

1d6+4, is putting the average guy into negatives. But not insta dead.

99% of the world is level 2 minimum. Being level 1 in adulthood is uncommon.

>A weak, incompetent person can possibly KO another weak, incompetent person with a single punch if he rolls well
>at that same level, a fighter with decent strength using a scimitar has a 15% chance to just kill nearly anything of similar strength

Level 1 is not a good representation of anything, user. Even level 2 is kind of stretching it.

Not according to Paizo, WotC or any other "authority" in such matters. That might be true in YOUR setting, but in Golarion for instance 90% of people are level 1.

Rolled 3 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

I think starting at LVL 3 can probably be explained through adequate training and natural ability, honestly. No actual 'experience' required.

Except Paizo has stated that level 1 is uncommon in adulthood? Have you looked at the NPC codex?

But it's not just that. It says specifically that you can apply Improved Vital Strike when you make a melee attack as a standard action, while the feat itself specifically calls out the attack action, a certain kind of action. If there is no actual difference between those, why the hell did they call it out? It's not like it forces and restricts you to using Vital Strike only for melee, so clearly it must be expanding the usage of Vital Strike, but only for melee attacks.

Fucking Paizo writers man.

A level 1 Commoner is likely to have 3 hp and 10 CON on average. 1d6+5 (strongest possible, level 1 w/20 STR), knocks him out to -11. Sure, 2d6+10 on a crit is a kill 90%+ of the time due to the commoner dying on the next round unless it rolls a nat 20 on its stabilize check; but then it requires a nat 20 crit and at least a 4 roll if the guy is caught flat-footed and unarmored, aka 15% upon a 5%, aka 0.75% of the time. And that is if it's intently lethal.

The whole purpose of NPC codex is to display wide variety of levels, so you can use them in any situation with minimal customization.

Correction, knocks him out to -8, but the point still stands.

Negatives is pretty much instadead if from lethal damage. You'd bleed out faster than your friends can call an ambulance in reality. A normal person can do nonlethal and KO you, but a monk can kill as well as a guy with a sword.

Again, a monk doesn't KO, they kill. And they do it just as well as a guy with a weapon. Now maybe a greatsword is a bigger deal, but it has to take some major skill to punch as hard as a mace hits.

erang.bandcamp.com/album/tome-iii
Listent to this album and then listen to all of this guys other stuff. Its got that runescapy feel

See
the first part in particular

Looks at what they are called in the NPC codex.

Apprentices, beggars, and drunk fishermen are level 1.

Sorry, alcoholic fishermen.

Except that Heal check to stabilize is a 15 (1+3 (CS)+1 WIS or misc bonus) at standard action, take 10 makes it automatically in many cases under these same rules. Negatives is only instadead if you're left at 1 point away from death. First Aid doesn't require a healing kit either.

Would you allow Sensei to stack with Scaled Fist? If so, would you let Insightful Strike use Charisma?

> Scaled Fist's Draconic Might
> Any of the scaled fist’s class abilities that make calculations based on her Wisdom (including bonus feats with DCs or uses per day, such as Stunning Fist, but not Wisdom-based skills or Will saving throws) are instead based on her Charisma.

> Sensei's Insightful Strike
> At 2nd level, a sensei may use his Wisdom bonus in lieu of his Strength or Dexterity on attack rolls and combat maneuver checks with unarmed strikes or monk weapons.
This ability replaces evasion and the bonus feat gained at 2nd level.

And how many people have Heal as a class skill, put a rank in it, and have a Wis bonus? What about in RL terms? Getting beat down into negatives is plenty deadly if you don't have healing magic around. And yes, some people will manage to stabilize before dying, but that doesn't change the fact that a guy just did more damage with a fist than getting knifed would.

>Look up beggar in the NPC codex
>Gear: dagger, disguise kit, wooden flute, 203 gp
>203GP
>This is enough money to feed yourself on decent meals for almost two years
>A beggar has that much money on him
>A fucking beggar
>His tactic is to offer a "pitiful handful of copper pieces" to avoid a fight
>203GP

NPC Codex was written by a fucking retard.

What's a good archetype for a Bard hellbent on impregnating cute Pitborn?

Just take Unnatural Lust and close the door, you don't need anything elaborate.

Base Bard.
Any one that keeps Mass Suggestions.
Then you can have a bitborn orgy

Negotiator for +1/2 level on social skills and access to rogue tricks, take the ones to improve your bluff and diplo

I don't know, I think it could work under certain circumstances.

Random expert npcs do. Monks may not, but they still likely got at least 14 WIS, which is a +2 on its own, and Heal isn't Trained Only.
Worst case scenario (-8), just the monk and the wounded man, there's effective DC 18, DC 19 checks that the man can make; plus a DC 15 check that the monk makes on a 13 or more (40% chance of success).
Also, the monk is a trained-only class, which takes 2d6 years of training to get the first level of for a human. Even assuming minimum years, we're talking one guy that has spent that many days 8 hrs/day practicing how to use his fists.
And monk training for lvl 1 is likely primarily unarmed-centric. Warriors, Fighters or others aren't that centric at all.

Just because he has that shit on him doesn't mean that he bought it.

>such as?
Etrian Odyssey

Does the idea of an incorporated company exist in Golarion or is ti all traditional business?

Rolled 1, 3 + 2 = 6 (2d4 + 2)

He could still just sell it and get that money. Beggars should never have even seen a GP.

So you're saying that there's a 90% chance the guy that got punched is dead. Monk ain't gonna heal him, he did the punching!

>trained only class
What are you talking about? Skills can be trained only, but not classes.

>years of training and experience to kill a man with your fists alone
So... going back on that "first level is for inept inexperienced sorts that end up as a joke"?

Totally exists. There are some in Andoran and Arkenstar. Also House Henderthane is basically an arms manufacturer operating all over Golarion.

Yes and poor people can just literally sell all the clothes on their back and literally everything they own for some meals.

>tfw no etrian odyssey game.

>beggars have 203 gp

That is a solid return on investment. I should just murderhobo beggars.

Being entirely honest, that's an incredible return on one's investment. Like seriously, you'd make 1k per 5 murders against a foe that basically can't hurt you; you'd be at a magic weapon in 10 easy kills.

Ikr? A large city should have what, at least 100 beggars? More?

90%? Not really. On the 16% chance that he deals max damage, 0.85(First stabilize check fails)*0.6 (Heal check fails)*0.9 (Second stabilize check)=0.459, so there's only a 45.9% chance for the man to die. If the monk doesn't heal him, the chances are 0.85*0.9=76.5%; lower damage rolls have an incresingly bigger chance for the man to live.

d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/description#TOC-Age
>You can choose or randomly generate your character's age. If you choose it, it must be AT LEAST the minimum age for the character's race and class.
>Trained
>This category includes alchemists, clerics, druids, inquisitors, magi, MONKS, and wizards.
For humans, the Trained class modifier is +2d6.

No, we are extrapolating on a man who has focused on fighting with his fists and his chances of killing a man with a single hit in a non-vital area (aka not a critical strike).

To boot, we're talking a 20 STR character, aka the very pinnacle of human strength. 16-17 is where the 'genius-equivalent strength' humans sit at.

At least, and that's not counting how closely grouped a lot of them would be. You're either going to a rich neighborhood where they're begging or going to a ghetto where they're tightly grouped. Taking out a ton of them would take what, 10 rounds? Hell, if you're a boom mage, one fireball spell could net you like 1,500 gp.

There is one. Not got it on me though but it's not faithful to the game mechanics

I'll give it to you, just a little bit later tonight - I've got to do some business before pleasure.

And it is not like anyone would miss a bunch of beggars. brb rolling up a Vigilante serial killer. Gonna call him Alms Calamity.