Malifaux General Edition

Kickstarter for The Other Side Edition

>Books
Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate): mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Link to the Previous: Link to the Previous Previous:

Link to Kickstarter:
kickstarter.com/projects/1334239018/the-other-side-9

Other urls found in this thread:

themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/103230-critical-strike/
gadzooksgaming.com/collections/outcasts/products/malifaux-singles-freikorps-librarian-hired-guns-von-schill-box-wyr20502-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They should've waited til January for the KS.

I agree - too many people are funding Christmas gifts - they should have timed it so the Kickstarter ended February 28th.

Yeah, I want to throw my money at it, I really can't justify throwing out more money after how much I've spent already.

WTF? How did that happen?

Meant to post this.

Same. With recent loads'o plastic Kickstarters like The Edge, Pantheon, and Kingdom Death this is a really hard sell even if people do like the gameplay, models, ect.

They got funded so thankfully it will exist. I like Wyrd and hope that this becomes big, but I already put tons of cash into KD so I will have to hold out on this for now unless the value of the pledges significantly improves. Maybe when they add a new faction to TOS like The Guild or the Three Kingdoms I will buy into it.

Where do I get the new book 4 upgrades? Are they or have they released a general upgrade set with the new stuff included?

It also doesn't help that I like a lot of the stuff in this KS, so if I fall for the temptation, I know I'd end up spending a lot more than I should.

Anyone have experience with conversion/proxy rulings at multiple venues with different henchmen?
Just wondering what I should expect.

Maybe the PVC or whatever they're using sucks, because the Queen's return box has so much fine detail its hard to consider that proposition.

Never had an issue, but your mileage may vary. If your henchman was a die hard WMH fan, they'll likely be far stricter than average.

It also depends on what you're trying to do. If you're painting lady justice green and calling her Lilith, No. if you're trying to make an interesting conversion and it's not impossible to make heads or tails out of everything, No.

If you're being even relatively reasonable, Yes. What are you trying for anyhow?

Yea, I read that horror story about the acrylic base guy. Sucks, most of my stuff is mounted on clear acrylic.
Ones project is basically a repose with the characters being made to resemble their 1e clothing. A couple have KD heads or abdomens though.

That's a rare exception, though. That was an obviously insane level of autism and rules lawyering, I can't even imagine that Infernal could function on his own in the real world.

That should be entirely fine, especially if they use a generous amount of pieces from their 2E models. I am personally GSing an eye patch for Von Schill to make him look like Big Boss.

How do I deal with Hamelin as gremlins? I'm still sorta new and I'm really just comfortable with the brewmaster but I have sommer and mah tickets box too. Every time my friend plays Hamelin I feel like I'm helpless. Sometimes he will bring ashes and dust and almost all of his important models will Ben immune to conditions so playing the brewmaster is an insta loss I feel.

Play Zoraida and go for a few big guys instead of many small ones

Hamelin thrives against enemy bands with many miniatures

So I'm confused at how critical strike works, do I count the rams on the to hit flip, or the damaging flip? And how is the amount of rams ever gonna be higher than one? Is there a way to choose more than one card in a duel?

Would I ever want more than three Jorogumo?

My local henchman bans any and all conversions, not matter how much is Wyrd product or if it's for an unreleased model that has rules.

Critical Strike is only factored into your final duel total, aka your to-hit flip. One of the more important differences to keep in mind is that all duels are flips but not all flips are duels; trying to hit someone with a sword is a duel, but checking against Terrifying (13) is a simple duel and thus, just a flip. So, a damage flip is not a duel and, unless otherwise stated, wouldn't be involved with any triggers.

Getting more than one ram depends on the model attacking. If they have a built-in ram on their attack and also have critical strike, it's possible to get two rams if your final duel total uses a card with a ram. Additionally, models that use soulstones can spend one to get a suit in their total regardless of what cards they use.

So, someone like Lady Justice, who has a build-in ram in her Greatsword, can use that, a card with a ram in it, AND a soulstone to get three rams on her critical strike trigger.

Ooooh, I see, thank you

Also, regarding disingaging strikes, do they only trigger if the miniature is STARTING their move from a threatened area? Like, if they move and at some point of their movement they enter and then exit a threatened area, does that allow for a disengaging strike?

It only triggers when they start a move action, yes. If a model walks 5" and during that walk enters and exits another model's threatening range, then there's no disengaging strike to make because they started their walk action out of range.

If they move 5", end the action within range, and then try to make another walk action then there'd be a disengaging strike.

Looking at summoners in non-summony factions, and like, Dreamer I can see supporting a crew without the summons, and has LCB and all that. What does Asami bring outside of summoning, really?

What are good first buys for nvb Lucius?

Doppleganger, changelings, terracotta soldiers. Assuming that you are bringing over guardsmen maybe Austringers.

Anyone know the possible other factions for the other side?

Love the look of abyssinia and just watched the lore video again and looks like russia might still be a thing along with america.

Between Dreamer and Collodi, who can switch playstyles between games the most? Looking to focus on one master to start, and it's mostly narrowed down to those two buggers.

There's also the 3 Kingdoms as a possibility.

Both have 2 strong styles to switch between, and Dreamer has the biggest change between the two. He either plays summoner, or focuses more on Lord Chompy Bits smashing things; while Collodi is more supporting his puppets or his puppets supporting him.

>russia
Really hope this happens during the campaign.

Absolutely, I would have loved to back it but I've just spent the majority of my disposable income on Christmas gifts for my family.

Never had any issues, I've been to events run by 4 different henchmen and the ruling has been "As long as your opponent can tell what it is OR as long as you write the models name on the base."

Dreamer. He's either a summoner or you play him with the intent to bring Chompy out as quickly and frequently as possible. Flay is insane on Compy.

I doubt it. They are going with four different factions (One for each suite) to start with. Malifaux and Warmachine started with four factions as well. I imagine that they will add more after the product is delivered.

I think we'll get a middle ground faction, we've got 2 earth factions and 2 invading factions.

I think we'll get Japan/China influenced by the ten thunders who are out to stab everyone in the back.

I REALLY want to see King's Empire expanded with other commonwealth countries, Australia, India and South Africa.

Malifaux's theme is all over the fucking place as it is, I want space aliens that have seen the war going on on Earth and have dropped in to take advantage of the chaos. Like little green men with laser guns.

They have already said that there are greater "Allegiances" that are going to be represented evenly. In this case they are Earth and Malifaux. So aliens from Malifaux who have beamed in wouldn't be too bad. There won't be a million Earth factions as a result, leaving the game less derivative than Dystopian Legions.

Do we have any informations about new schemes and changes to that in January?

I agree. Would've also been smart to do since the Warmahordes Errata is coming and Privateer Press is going to lose a ton of players.

>Electrocutioners
Huh, I was expecting them to be a close assault/melee unit, rather than Space Gunz #3.

Still, like them a lot more than the Mehal Sefari.

>It also doesn't help that I like a lot of the stuff in this KS
I have the inverse problem - the only 'core' models I'm really interested in are the two Earthside Commanders, the Infiltrators and Crow Runners, and then maybe the Electrocutioners.
So there's no practical wayt og et my hands on the interesting bits, really.

>How do I deal with Hamelin?

Also interested.
Played against him once with Mei, got absolutely pasted - no blasts and no burning and no charge lanes was awful.

Run crying to Wyrd?
Or arrange casual gamesthat don't involve that bellend.
But srsly, if your local scene representative is doing a shit job, ask him to change, and then complain to the mother company that he's making it harder to play their game.

I've always understood the 'final duel total' to include the damage flip - if I natural flip a Ram on Attack/to hit and then another Ram on Damage, I have two Rams in the Final total, and therefore do +2 Damage.

Everyone at my FLGS plays it that way.

>I want space aliens that have seen the war going on on Earth and have dropped in to take advantage of the chaos. Like little green men with laser guns.
Hell. Fucking. No.

You work out the final duel total, then flip for damage, when you flip for damage, the only thing you look at is weak/moderate/severe, everything else on the card is ignored.

>Everyone at my FLGS plays it that way.

Then they are playing it wrong. Aaron himself clarified it on the forum a couple of years ago.

themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/103230-critical-strike/

Huh, I shall have to take this back to the ladz.

That at least brings Franzisco's minimum damage down from Unbelievable to Holy Shit.

bumpan

It's one of those things that I wish the rulebook addressed, given how common Critical Strike is across factions.

>Hamelin

The Obedient Wretch is a priority target, letting her summon an extra rat or two every turn will get you bogged down fast. Don't take lots of cheap stuff since they'll probably die and come back as rats, and ideally have armor on your big guys so they don't just melt under a turn's worth of bleeding disease.

Mei is immune to slow and paralyzed so she can murder the Stolen all day with impunity and doesn't care about bore from Rat Kings. Vent Steam also means a -ve flip on obey and bleeding disease, so use that often. And yeah, maneuvering around all the rats sucks but that's always the case with Hamelin. At least you can kind of scoot around with seismic claw triggers into jackhammer kicks, or hire a Strongarm Suit if you really don't like dealing with it.

Also, despite the model, Rat Kings are Ht 1 and won't block LoS from Ht 2 models. I learned that the hard way the first time I played against Hamelin.

Isn't critical strike a trigger? I thought you had to declare triggers before flipping for damage. Should be in the rules but loaned my book to my friend so can't check right now

I think that it is pretty straightforward honestly. Damage flips have never been part of the duel, so logically the duel total would just be what is flipped.

It is a trigger, yes, but it's so common that it may as well be a universal rule at this point.

You and I think so, but this isn't the first time that I've come across someone confused over how Critical Strike works.

Well, it's pretty cut and dry. Make a duel, count ram add to damage. Since all triggers happen at the duel no one should care about suits during damages

Dreamer it is. Out of curiosity, does anyone else play particularly well with nightmares? Not keyword synergies, ofcourse, but the models in general. Particularly digging stirched and Teddy

Titania is such a fucking bitch to mount on her base. One tiny contact point? Really?

Stitched and Teddy go well with Dreamer. Insidious Madness is also great, as well as Widow Weaver. A Doppleganger can be vital for getting initiative on key turns, and being able to take interact actions while engaged is surprisingly effective.

Is Jacob competitive? I don't see many miniatures that go well with him besides the three that spread brilliance

You don't necessarily need to spread brilliance with him. He works great with anything that likes it when you discard cards.

What does neverborn Lucius want after buying the box? As great as thralls are, I'd rather play nvb

Illuminated, Rougarou if you're ok with proxies for now. Young Nephilim and terror tots are also a good buy.

Doppleganger for sure. Mimics and Terracotta Soldiers. There isn't too much that you would want to bring over from the Guild except maybe Austringers. After that general NVB minions aren't bad choices. Terror Tots for example can rush things for you, and Beckoners are there for lure shenanigans..

I think it's the use of the clarifier 'duel total' - as if I should be looking at all the cards I flip to determine how many Rams.
So even though you declare Triggers before flipping for Damage, you will be working out Damage in light of the flip .and. Trigger.

That was the immediate interpretation I (and I assume most of the rest who make this mistake) made, at least.

I'm glad it's not already explicitly in black and white, or I'd have to add it to the litany of mistakes we've been making by applying the most obvious or most simple interpretation to edge cases we don't remember rules for.

Anyone know the release date for Parker Barrows/Fistful of Scrip?

>Rat Kings are Ht 1 and won't block LoS from Ht 2 models.
That might be the most unhelpful model decision they've ever made.
I wish I'd known that.

Besides a Trapper splatting the Wretch from range though, I don't see myself getting to her.
Or rather, I can't believe my opponent would take his eye off the ball so badly as to let me get to her.

Fortunately we were playing Reckoning, so I was racking up points every turn from the rats, but I went for a reasonably elite crew in the hope that I could force through the rats and found I just didn't have the AP to get anywhere near enough damage output to work.
Even with Pic Related.

Although I wasn't Venting nearly enough steam, I realised afterwards, so maybe everything would have survived better if I'd been smarter.

Dude at my lgs rekted hammelin hard with Wong. Blasted shit out of rats and lenny took care of rest, spamming piglets at same time.

That was the plan - her Steam Blast has Reach 3", so I was going to charge in and blast deep into his lines to pop a whole shitload of rates so Hank could follow in and Decapitate some cunts.

He left Nix with Hollow inna woods about 3" behind his front line - so I couldn't blast in, with the additional effect of preventing the spread of Burning, so Mei's Tiger Claws were far less effective than I had expected.

And then when I finally got into combat with Nix and then Hamelin, the fuckers are Nihilists so you set them ON FIRE and they just nonchalantly shrug it off.

spamlin op plz nerf

the bubble of no charges is a bitch too
Fuck that asshole and his dog too

Yup.

Has to be said though, if you want a scheme runner that can see of spoilers and .still. drop a marker every turn, Howard Langston is decent - he unstoppably scored me my Breakthrough and killed half a dozen rats, kings and catchers.

In other news, wasn't all that impressed by Aeiounius, he didn't really seem to do a great deal.
That may have been because there was barely anything worth buffing, and my models were all so mired in rats that it was barely worth walking all the way up there to get involved.

How does Pandora play when not just being a wp duel bomber?

bumpooooo

They actually are a close assault unit. Their guns are only range 12" and they have a powerful melee weapon.

My biggest problem is that the Mehal have the highest armor value, despite having the least armor on the models.

No other masters have actual synergies with nightmares, but Pandora likes the Insidious Madness, Teddy and Widow Weaver.

To roughly define it.

Discard Lynch = Ten thunders.

Brilliance Lynch = Neverborn.

Both really fall somewhere between in reality though.

His core crew is a bit of a workhorse. Pretty much Jacob box, Beckoners, Doppelganger, Tannen, Graves, stitched and a Teddy should put you on the right path.

April at the earliest.

Which master gets the best use out of Mysterious Emissary?

So far the only master I have is Tara. I'm torn between von shill and levi. Who should I go for?

Here's what I have
Tara + 4 Pool
Karina (5)
Hannah (10)
Scion of the Void (8)
Ashes and Dust (13)
Killjoy (12)
Bishop (10)
The Nothing Beast (10)
Johan (6)
Big Jake (5)
Void Wretch (4)
Void Wretch (4)
Void Wretch (4)

(exported from CrewFaux)

But.. but... I want it now...

I run all the tournies locally but this month I finally got to play since we had an odd number.

I brought my Guild out of retirement and finally got to play a game that wasn't a ringer match or demo.

I won. I just cut loose and fucked people up. We had fun and it was so satisfying to take the gloves off for once.

I put the first place prize in the pool for next time. It was the dayglow Lynch crew. I also gave out mystery boxes with an alt Bayou Gremlin and translucent mindless zombie as well as the Mei Feng card.

Anyone can give advice for newbie resser?

I want to start with spirit molly, what would be good start for her?

I was thinking: Molly Box + Seamus Box + Izamu + Datsue Ba + Dead Doxy + two samll boxes of minion summons for her (Hanged, gaki etc.)

Any other ideas?

Yin and Shikome are solid choices. Bete Noire, despite not being a spirit, works well in most rezzer crews since you're going to (hopefully) be killing a lot of things and works well in conjunction with Molly's summoning if you intentionally summon 'improperly' (that is, summoning them outside of 3" of an enemy model).

Toshiro, funny enough, is also a good fit in a Molly spirits crew. His Command the Graves upgrade can let him summon Komainu, which Molly can't normally hire but which are spirits anyway. He's also a solid support model and can hand out buffs when needed.

Jaakuna is a spirit that is also a giant annoying tarpit that your opponent will hate, especially when combined with The Drowned. Both models are spirits and, in the case of Drowned, are also Horrors.

The Hanged are heavy hitters and would be an excellent summoning option for Spirit Molly. Whispers from Beyond is an absolute ball-buster of an attack, and their Unrelenting Terror ability can really put a hamper on models that are already engaged or are unable to move. Terrifying (All) 13 is no joke.

Finally, Night Terrors are excellent. Dirt cheap, stupidly hard to kill (incorporeal + hard to kill) and can put a serious hamper on crews relying on Ca. They're perfect harassment models and are a good counter to ranged enemies with their Attracted to Noise ability ("Oh, you shot a pistol? Here comes the Batmen, choo choo!")

>They actually are a close assault unit. Their guns are only range 12" and they have a powerful melee weapon.
Be that as it may, the first render released had big electrobladeclaws for hands and no gun.
The full unit appears to have one guy with claws and a variety of standard Tesla coil rifles.

I'm disappointed with how the unit as a whole looks, not how it will play.

The big problem you're running into is that Brewmaster has a LOT of bad matchups. He's playable, but there's a ton that just ignores his gameplay.

Your local henchman is a prick. Tell him he's being a dick, then complain to Wyrd.

Or become a henchman yourself and run your own events. With blackjack and hookers.

Good job! Henchmen need to play too.

Dat alt Lazarus.

I'm just worried it's going to be a kickstarter add on

It wouldn't surprise me, they did the same thing with ToS's Kickstarter.

Shit I mean Through The Breach's Kickstarter

They gave out Hannah and Santana to pledgers

Do I need Arcanist toys for the Hoff, or can I run straight guild?

You don't need them, but Metal Gamin make life so much easier, Hank/Joss/Rail Golem are terrifying in a Hoffman crew, and there's a couple nichey units that do good work. Spider Swarms at Ml7, Mobile Toolkit giving + to damage, Miners popping up places, etc.

So what's my best option for a 2nd freikorps trapper?

I'm sure as hell not buying another Von Schill box.

Buy the 1st edition one

Any advice for going into Zipp? The only other Gremlin specific thing I own is McTavish. Do I need to buy more Crews (like Mah to get Trixie for example) or are there some smaller ways to expand on the Sky Pirate box?

New to Malifaux, so noobfriendly advice would be much appreciated

Rooster Riders for certain

Buy Ophelia box.

Iron skeeter and zipp can move them around and francoix in general is amazing with them since he can chain activate after the skeeter dragged him somwhere with fast.

gadzooksgaming.com/collections/outcasts/products/malifaux-singles-freikorps-librarian-hired-guns-von-schill-box-wyr20502-1

I do like the look of them for sure. They're amazing schemerunners from what I 've read?

Hmm... immediately getting a new master was something I'd rather avoid, I do like the synergy with the Iron Skeeters though, which the roosters with ht2 lack...

Thanks for your input

>18 bucks for a trapper
>17 for a librarian
I miss when Wyrd sold basically everything in blisters.

Use a GS mold and recast your existing one, or at least use a GS mold to copy a few parts like the head in order to turn a Guild Rifleman or Katanaka Sniper into one.

I even have silicon mold making stuff.

But that was after I had my current one painted and whatnot.

Gadzooks has the freikorpsmen themselves for pretty cheap. I might just use them for bits to convert a katanaka or guild rifleman. Thanks for the idea.

Shit sucks, but it's the closest we have to single models off of crew boxes.

Roosters are cuhrazy dude. I would wholeheartedly reccomend them too.

I still think it's fucking retarded that they have stuff that's rare 2 or 3 only in crew boxes as one-offs.

It would be different if it were boxes where multiple of everything could be used. But what the fuck am I going to do with an extra Von Schill or Steam Trunk?

Von Schill you could at least make an Avatar version for campaigns. Steam Trunk though, yeah fuck if I know.

I do agree that it's stupid. Shit like the Nurses have their own separate box, but not Trappers or Librarians? Insanity.

I just use a plastic army man sniper. My flgs is fine with proxies as long as it's only a few models