/swg/: Yavin Council Edition

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: We are Release Day+4 on Rogue One. Please exercise proper spoiler usage when discussion it. That is all, people.

Other urls found in this thread:

armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=58100&key=df7288efc2cf1854f5d2393260587ee9
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!239:27:48:5:;28:18:5:1:M.15;52:19,126,58,14,-1,41:-1:25:&sn=Unnamed Squadron
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!239:27:48:5:;28:18:5:1:M.15;190:140,126,104,14,-1,-1:-1:25:&sn=StIntB
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!28:18:5:5:M.15;239:27:48:5:;78:27,36,47:-1:9:&sn=Intercept, Strike, Cloak, Rinse & Repeat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rate my Armada list, /swg/.

armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=58100&key=df7288efc2cf1854f5d2393260587ee9

>Middle management loser who gets jerked around by his bosses constantly
>Gets all his work stolen by a superior and receives zero credit
>Bullies his underlings in an effort to compensate
>Has never won a fight to save his life, and constantly gets shot when he tries
>Hates normies with a passion
>Wears ridiculous costumes to get attention

He was more of a clown than a villain, but he was still pretty fun to watch.

>laughing Poggle

Is Krennic /ourguy/?

SEASON'S GREETINGS

SEASON'S DARK GREETINGS, SURELY.

This is MY achievement, NOT YOURS!
MOFFS LEAVE

Well, there's , and to consider. There's also the possibility that from Tarkin's point-of-view, destroying the archives is a *feature*, not a bug. If he takes out the blueprints for all other Imperial superweapon projects, including the possibility of another Death Star, *his* Death Star is the *only* superweapon the Empire has or will have for years. His position as Palpatine's top dog would be unassailable for years to come.

Krennic is like a neckbeard who grew up to be a space nazi.

Doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well. Have a half-assed Christmas Mofference.

>Christmas decorations
>Not changing the blaster earrings

That doesn't look like Whaladon. I demand my Whaladon meat, now!

so it's a yes, then

I can't imagine Palpatine would be that happy though.

I feel like there's probably backups of that data on other worlds, at least for stuff that isn't new and still ultra top secret like the death star

I liked Krennic. In addition to all of that he always tried to be affable, but just could not manage it. Does he get a single "cool" line in the whole movie?

Is the TIE Striker good or fun? Not sure whether I want to buy one

A shame that the "The power we are dealing with is IMMEASURABLE" line from the trailers got cut.

I think they cut the POWER line from the trailers. Unfortunately; it was great.

I thought his reaction and 'condolences' when Galen tried to bullshit that his wife was dead was deliciously smarmy.

Done.

I lack both the tools and willpower to cut a plate of whale meat out of existing photos and throw it into Paint.

I see you and I are of a kind.

No u

Saw Rogue One today, shit was pretty cash.

How come nobody is talking about the Juggernaut prison transport truck?

Excellent

>Rogue One rekindles my long-dormant love of Star Wars
>pop open PDFs for FFG games downloaded ages ago
>absolutely loathe the system
>just want to use Fate Core instead

h-help

I liked it, showed the empire still used them in background roles.

"Pure Sabacc" seems like a right bastard to go up against. you can count on at least the first 2, maybe 3 attacks are going to be boosted, so that's 4-5 dice depending on range for 2-3 rounds.

28 pts for "Pure Sabacc" w/ VI, Adaptive Ailerons & Target Computer is a good bargain for a good early game glass cannon. Add in pimped out Soontir Fel and 41 points of filler to taste and you got a nasty list

>loathe the system
wat

Too crunchy!

geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!239:27:48:5:;28:18:5:1:M.15;52:19,126,58,14,-1,41:-1:25:&sn=Unnamed Squadron

This seems fun

Try playing it before you diss it.

It's not very crunchy, just the book layout is so bad it seems worse than it is.

You're throwing points at stuff you will never use in that list. Try this instead if you want to toss in a Bomber .

Damn wrong link. Supposed to be this.
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!239:27:48:5:;28:18:5:1:M.15;190:140,126,104,14,-1,-1:-1:25:&sn=StIntB

it's not that bad.

ground and adventure stuff it's quite good if a little abstract, but all that is houseruleable easily.
space combat has always been a bugbear for me with the system, I love the customisable elements of ships and the variety available, but wish the combat was a bit, well, more fun.
seems weird that how good a pilot you are and how nimble your ship is doesn't have much of an impact on how hard you are to hit.

if I could recieve anything from ffg on my wishlist, it'd be a revamped space combat system.

Does anybody have any pdfs of the new reference books? I have all the increadible cross-sections, but I'm jonesing for the visual guides for Rebels and Rogue 1.

Also, I wish we got an increadible crossections about the Clone wars and rebel stuff.

Yeah, I just had a few points left over

I'm going to try this one when i get a Striker.
geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!s!28:18:5:5:M.15;239:27:48:5:;78:27,36,47:-1:9:&sn=Intercept, Strike, Cloak, Rinse & Repeat

One thing I've found is I get a lot more use out of Carnor Jax+Targeting Computer than Soontir Fel+Autothrusters, partly because people put less fire into him since he's not Fel, but also because he helps his buddies hit hard too. Might pair better with the Striker.

I like that.
I like that a lot.

You're most welcome user.

I mean it sorta works, there's also the chance that with your safeties disabled you smash far deeper into the gravity well than any ship can survive.

where would you place the back ups? I think this is where the line of back up stops, the most heavily secured place to keep all the most important things

unless there is an infinite chain of archives each more heavily defended than the last

Something on Coruscant maybe?

It's probably not the ONLY one, just one of the least defended.

or the only one where they keep the death star plans, keeping it in more than one place might make it easier to steal

I'd assume that there's plans for the Death Star on the Death Star itself, just for the sake of maintenance people. Also, duplicates of the facility seen in Rogue One.

Pretty solid, Redundant Shields is strictly inferior to ECM though so I'd swap that, and with BCC I'd switch Keyan for Ten, improves your squad against fighters too.

You should totally give it a try. It's a good mix of more story-focused gameplay while still having interesting crunch. And the dice are really cool even if they seem like a turnoff at first. Then if you don't like it nothing's stopping you from playing fate

Check /co

My favorite part of this new theory is that not only is Han a cool scoundrel but also a huge math nerd. Cheers user

been thinking of what to do with an Upsilon shuttle when i get one.

Considering using its coordinate action and a systems officer to turn functinally give soontir 5 actions a turn with no stress.
worth it over a palpshuttle?

one does not become a captain of a cargo ship without being good at math, luke has R2-D2 and usually just goes wherever the alliance needs him
Han has to do everything manually, and has to cant rely on pre-made calculations, since as a smuggle he will often be the first person to try the new route, and therefore have to be the first to plot a course through it

On the one hand, the Falcon has multiple droid brains spliced into its systems and probably a pimped out navicom to run most of the calculations for him. On the other hand, Han did have a promising career as an Imperial officer ahead of him before he met Chewie, and astrogation was probably part of the curriculum.

He does have the computers but I don't think they are so reliable, it's probably split.

I know the aggressor was stated, but how would you stat Zahns personal one? Unless it's already there and i missed it.

Wait the Aggressor was statted? The giant gun?
It's Zann, he's a tribute name to Zahn.

Every time chewie roars as they're about to make the jump?
That's wookie for "NEEEEERD!"
...but han never tells anyone.
no one except his secret plushy he hides in his bunk, mon mathra the math loving bantha.

>mon mathra the math loving bantha

>mon mathra the math loving bantha
Yub yub, Commander.

I see you're proxying shara, how would you feel about the new fast launch bays that come on the pelta for your GR-75 instead of expanded hangar bays? you can load your two generic b-wings on her and give someone a punch they weren't expecting.

would nora wexley and jan ors be a good combo?

I'd watch them

heu

For real though I'm looking forward to trying out super-buffed Poe or Red Ace with a Jyn+Jan U-wing.

Huh, that stupid casyul meme that's going around actually produces some pretty reliable Star Wars names.
>First Name
First three letters of your last name + First two letters of your first name

>Last Name
First two letters of your mother's first name + First three letters of the city of your birth.

the last name bit gets a little weird if the first two letter of both those names are both consunants.
Grcle isn't exactly pronouncable.

>Nro Anbod
if i mod it to N'Ro it kinda works

Can we have a moment of silence for those guys in the jammed airlock?

I haven't felt visceral despair like that in a long time.

That scene was fucking hardcore. It was the most visceral part of the entire film.

That and the way that our heroes hugged each other as they died. It's hard to be alone at times like that.

chuck that's supposed to be
>Nygro Anbod
Nope. N'Ro sounds way better

Every now and again, reading books with Sith, you hear about them "drinking in the fear," of their foes as they fight, and it's honestly kind of hard to picture.

That scene made it really easy to picture.

R1 had a ridiculous density of epic deaths.

That's what happens when you take a franchise called "Star Wars," and actually make it a War Movie. For once.

Running through the family, ending up with
Brade Pahun
Braja Frale
Braer Jupen

As long as you leave it open to a little modding for shit like becoming N'Ro and tossing in a vowel or the like for poor bastards from Cleveland like it think it'd work grand. At the very least, one of the best quick and dirty ones I've seen.

Kvijo Rocan

eh alright I guess

Curch Elbat. I don't like it.

>Smiti Daokl
Not too bad. Oddly Star Wars-y.

>Ryaja Elmanama
Sounds a bit more like something from the Arab Revolt campaign but it could do.

Yeah man, Star Wars got fucking real for a minute. I really appreciated that the first part of the film had quite a lot of humor in it, but as the plot got more serous so did the tone, and humor no longer had it's place.

The Force is with me. I am one with the Force.

RIP plucky brit stiff upper lip Blue Leader, I was hoping we'd get more out of this guy.

Well i do need some NPC names for my EotE game. Gonna run a few friends names through this.
>Mesjo Anlul
>Östli Mabod
>Wenan Mabod
>Hjehe Mobod
>Rydar Pihud

Eh some good some bad.

was it just me or was Blue Squadron a unit that rotated its support craft? It was almost certainly them on the research facility raid with the Y-wings, and they had a U-wing that I assume they don't regularly run with during Scarif. Also was it just me or when Blue Leader gets shot down does someone yell over the radio "general"?

R1 really brought the Rebels and Imperials into stark relief in a way only a movie where the Rebels pay a heavy on-screen cost for the barest sliver of victory could.

As the Skarif battle gradually went sour - even before the DS and Devastator made their grand entrances - I couldn't get the word "hammerblow" out of my head. Who cares if stormtroopers and TIEs go down like mooks when you have thousands more waiting to swarm in?

He's called general several times, I assume he's the head of overall starfighter operations. General...Merrick? Merrit? It had an M

>Elmanama
>2+3 letters
Um, what?

Ostli and Wenan Mabod, the Mad Mabod Twins; Old Mesjo Anlul, the Force Sensitive face Mesjo Anlul; and their psychotic droid pilot Ride-R.

I hate to hate the U-Wing, if only because it is an impostor in the spot of the LAAT/i.

>greca mator
Doesn't work great for boring anglo names

Something along the lines of "General, behind you!" Considering Lando's promotion, and that "General Syndulla" over the intercom on Yavin and see what is presumably the Ghost during the orbital battle later, I figure the Rebels have several generals leading units while the fleet has only one admiral in command.

>Elmanama
I can't actually read, I just hit letters at random and rely on probability to get the message right.

That bit was hardcore but then the ship launched and i saw his cape blowing in the vacuum and my autism triggered and i began to shake before muttering to my friend
"there's no wind in space"

Rydar Phid may be a better one.

>LAAT/i impostor
Unfortunately, the Rebels are completely out of rockets.

It could have been thrust from the engines, or the cape reacting to energized particles, or Vader force-rippling it for dramatic effect.

Haven't you heard of engine wash? It wouldn't be the first time it featured in the movie.

It's not like he would have been exposed to vacuum anyways; all the hangers in Star Wars have force fields on them.

Magnetic containment fields.

They use the American system of Air-force Generals for fighter/gunship command.
LAAT/i are either space or atmospheric, they can't run from one to the other.

Agreed on that.

The way he says, "Search the house!" right after pretending to care wasfuckingwonderful

And it was only made better by the crazy garbled encrypted Death Trooper comms.

That scene really hammered home how much of a SCARY MOTHERFUCKER Vader really is

Vader's a man with style he's gonna be ready for dramatic flair in any situation

Who says he was in vacuum? Hanger bays in this franchise have atmosphere despite giant openings to space due to invisible magnetic shields. The Tantive IV may have been docked in a pressurized atmospheric hangar for any techies or whatever who needed outside

Is there a mega or torrent of the FFG RPG trove? MediaFire doesn't allow bulk downloads without a paid account.

What the fuck?

Takes the first opportunity to hamstring the only guy running with a deflected blaster bolt

Vader + PC + multiple Triumphs = Canon Derailed