Connected to
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

>Welcome back to /srg/ chummer
>Last Viewed Files: (OP)
>How_to_Make_Friends_and_Influence_Enemies.txt
>The_Notebook.trid
>Fashionista_4.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 294 (99% Positive)
* You have 1 New Private Messages. Message Title - "Hey lover."
* You have 47 Unread Private Messages
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options > Books List - New Updates github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running George_Clooney.pfix

>Watch Your Back
>Conserve Ammo
>Geek the Mage
>And Never, Ever, Deal With a Dragon

Other urls found in this thread:

pomf.cat
nya.is
a.pomf.cat/bpzmcy.chum5
pastebin.com/ummRMgtk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pure Humans > meta"""""humans"""""

>Is that Ares in your pocket or are you that happy to see me?

Repost to make sure it gets read: Unrelated, but I've always wanted to see a Scooby Doo "villain" who wasn't doing anything illegal or even morally reprehensible, he was just dressing up as a monster to keep people away from the treasure he was digging up, which he was legally entitled to and just didn't want anyone to steal it from him.

That sounds like the Az-Am conflict in a nutshell.

Go home, humanis

Really? How so? I've got a character who was in that war, so I really need to know for roleplay reasons.

>Is that Predator in your pants cocked?

Man, do metahumans find their own metatype attractive? I mean, let's face it, the vast majority of humanity finds horns and tusks a turn-off, but do orks and trolls not find themselves turned off by the features of their own metatype, are they in fact even attracted to them?

IIRC, wasn't the az-am conflict aztechnology trying to annex amazonia? And taking like, 3 miles of territory, good job.

>humanity finds horns and tusks a turn-off,
Talk for yourself, vanilla boy.
Sexy as fuck!

Well maybe in the past they didn't but these days they probably do.

Also keep in mind that part of that is social conditioning, and part of it is biological. Like, there's a reason that more people find girls with cat ears more attractive than anthro catgirls, and still more find baseline humans attractive than either of those.

I imagine that the first gen orcs and trolls had trouble finding their own metatype attractive, but anybody after that was born and raised that way. Same deal with SURGE folks.

And then there's the fact that, when you get right down to it, folks are shallow and find beauty in a lot of stuff or just focus on the bits they like. I can't imagine it's hard for anybody to actually get a lay if they cast a wide enough net.

that's still causing a breach of the peace, also it's the literal plot of a significant minority of "A pup named scooby-doo" episodes. Like the episode where Freddy is actually right for once about the neighborhood bully being the monster and it turns out he wasn't doing anything at all wrong at all except being creepy at helping his grandma out.

Metatype reduction troll, Troll poser elf, or fomori?

>also it's the literal plot of a significant minority of "A pup named scooby-doo" episodes.
holy shit, I should look for episodes of that

I think the gang actually ends up in jail (or at least punished) for messing with them in the episode I mentioned.

Or just Class I SURGE.

>I think the gang actually ends up in jail (or at least punished) for messing with them in the episode I mentioned.
I have no laughingX.png that sufficiently conveys how much this amuses me.

It's a late night at the runner bar. A SURGE'd Catguy in a veteran's jacket sits at the bar, just wanting to drown his sorrows alone after a run gone bad.
A couple of girls, a dwarf mage and a cybered-up troll, move from another table, and start flirting with him and trying to touch his now flattened ears.
He tries ignoring them, but that doesn't stop them, so he turns and growls "I got two words for you girls. Barbed. Penis."
The dwarf backs off. The Troll sits down beside him.
"Orthoskin. Vagina."

He wakes up in an unfamiliar apartment the next morning with a killer headache and every muscle in his body aching.

7/10, gave me a chuckle.

>Azt attacks Amazonia
>Amazonai brings up furries and other scary shit
>They weren't agressive, simply trying to hold their territory
>Amazonia dindu nuffin.
Read Shadowrun: War from 4e. It should be in one of the files in the sticky.

Pretty much. Though they also killed a dragon an fucked a bunch of shit up. Also got magic-infused weapons to work.

Evolving beauty standards. Plus if you're an ugly as fuck trog it wouldn't be that weird for you to hook up with another trog. Gotta get what you can omae. Plus you can get surgery to minimize the effects. Even to the point that a troll would look like an oversized human (more or less).

>Snu_Snu.BTL

Not one of the people you're replying to but the beauty standard thing makes me want to ask, how common are trolls like Eiger (from the Dragonfall) video game, because asides from the rather small tusks and her horns she just looks like a tall, well-built human.

A lot of the more minor shit that people can be attracted to or not attracted to (tusks or no tusks, beards or no beards, square jaw or round jaw, slender or muscular) are either extremely personal preference, or based entirely on social norms.

In the same way that the weird Asian obsession with face shape doesn't make sense to Europeans, or the way that African facial scarification doesn't look appealing to Americans, people who grow up with tusks as part of their beauty standards will have their own cultural and personal feelings towards them.

For example, maybe some people like huge, protrusive tusks that stick way out of the mouth even while closed because they look 'rugged' and 'manly.' Maybe some people like tusks small enough to not stick out of the lips when the mouth is fully closed because they looks 'refined' and 'feminine.'

It's less the sort of thing where you'll like it or dislike it based on whether you are that specific metatype, and more where you'll like it or dislike it based on your cultural and personal perceptions of those traits affecting your own personal attraction. As with all things regarding sexual attraction, they change from culture to culture, year to year, and person to person, with only the basics remaining consistent throughout.

It could be an Exceptional Attribute (Charisma) maxed-charisma troll who takes good grooming care of their skin and hair.

Not super common. Appearance, though, is a component of Charisma. So, once you have a troll with a Charisma score that's average or above average for a human, you'll start having a troll that's less ugly and more 'pretty/handsome but with horns.'

Since Troll maximum Charisma is 4 (without taking things like Exceptional Attribute, 'ware, metavariants, and so forth into account) that means that in order to be above the human median in attractiveness they need to max it out.

Still, it's less 'not a thing that even happens' as some people would say, and more 'not a thing that's super common.' Shit like an Exceptional Attribute (Charisma) Fomorian who starts with Charisma 6 and is prettier than your average Elf (Elf average is Charisma 5) without even a single point of 'ware or SURGE or anything like that is very much a thing that can happen.

>Eiger
May be a Fomorian. I seem to recall a Fomorian that was a model or similar. Fomorian are a sub-variant on the standard Troll.

Charisma includes more than strictly physical looks. You could be an ugly trog but a wonderful comedian.

>Charisma includes more than strictly physical looks. You could be an ugly trog but a wonderful comedian.
Yes, it's more than JUST physical looks, but physical appearance is explicitly a part of Charisma in Shadowrun, unlike D&D. Past a certain point, if you have good Charisma, you're also good looking.

If you want to be fuck-ugly but also good at social stuff, that's on the Skill rather than Attribute side at that point.

True. I just worry that some fall into the trap of thinking that CHA is strictly how physically attractive your character is.

Does anyone have any art of legless dudes in wheelchairs? I'm trying to make a Rigger with the Paraplegic quality and a suped-up power wheelchair, but I'm hitting a stumbling block where character art is concerned.

It's more the other way around. They're linked.

Charisma has several components to it, including appearance, force of personality, eloquence, and so on. If you're shitty at any of those things, your Charisma can't be amazing. If your charisma is good, you're at least decent in all of them.

You can be gorgeous and have fucking abysmal Charisma because you have no personality and are poorly-spoken. But if you've got good Charisma, you'd better believe that you're going to be easy on the eyes.

Because in Shadowrun - unlike some systems - physical appearance is definitely a component of Charisma.

From last thread, regarding my bugged character in Chummer 5e:
>Download it manually from github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases.

Done that; updated to Version 5.188.3, since that's the most recent stable build, I think. Now, when I try to load the character, I get the following error message:

>Missing Books
>The character was created with the following books that are not enabled:
> Unknown Book! ()
>This may cause issues. Do you want to continue loading the character?
>Yes/No
If I click yes, the character loads, and they still have the bugged Essence score, and now it's listed as "Unnamed Character", even though I've given them a name in the Character Info tab, and altering said name doesn't result in that changing for some reason.

If I try to use PACKS kits to export all of her stats I get another crash, though after testing it by exporting all her bits part by part, it seems to be a result of trying to export the Lifestyles tab? Not sure if that's a known bug or not. Also, the exported skills don't seem to be registering; I still have to do those manually, since they're not being copied over.

Question for you guys.

Is there such thing as a viable jack of all trades in Shadowrun? The game tends to reward focus over generalization, but short of an edge build which is very short term "I can do anything" it seems unlikely.

There's millions of "I suck equally at everything" builds. Is that what you're after?

Nah, this is more curiosity if there's anybody who is not 'suck' but able to fill in gaps in the party no matter what that gap might be.

Your best bet is to work with your team to identify potential shortcomings and then build to fill in those gaps. You're still going to be specialized into your niche, but you'll be capable of picking up slack in another area or two. Easiest gap to fill (in my experience) is face. Hardest gap to fill is probably decker or mage.

>Cuddle.btl

Fuck your hardcore beetles, that is shit you'd let your meatspace body starve to death for.

Show me the file? Something seems broken.

Straight out of chargen? Not really. You can get, "Decent at 2-3 things with minor caveats," though.

two ways, both kinda suck

1. max edge and at least one skill point in everything so you have the ability to spend edge to have a decent chance at succeeding.

2. use restricted gear to grab move by wire 3, a skilljack, and a skillsoft subscription plus high mental stats.

Is there a file uploading service that I can use without registering?

pomf.cat
nya.is

Pick your poison.

Just did my first roll20 game session. I technomancered a car trying to pull a drive-by on us into a wall, and our Irish ganger dragged the Seoulpa goons out, threw gas on them, lit em up, and repeatedly told their boss "Mole, or this."

It was good.

>pomf.cat
>enable javascript you fucking autist neckbeard, it won't hurt you
LOL

Here you go, Chummer5 DevAnon.
a.pomf.cat/reregq.chum5

a.pomf.cat/bpzmcy.chum5

Enjoy your shredded essence.

>a.pomf.cat/bpzmcy.chum5
Thanks, man! Did you manage to figure out what bugged the program up in the first place, or did you just edit the (XML?) code in the file to have the correct values?

just edited it. The missing sourcebook references were caused by your knowledge skills, easyfix with them is just do add the sources in. Prototype Transhuman had a bug for a little while where removing the improvement didn't reduce the value of the improvement.

It's still showing her as Unnamed Character in the tabs, though, and in the Character Roster, it still thinks that she has 1.09 Essence instead of .09 Essence.

>Spend 2-3 days tinkering with a character
>Finally satisfied with the end result
>Accept that I'll probably never get to play with them
>Start building a new character to fill the void
>mfw

Hm?

Picture one

Picture 2

>deathkiss.chum5
Is that the file you downloaded from a.pomf.cat/bpzmcy.chum5 renamed, or are you still looking at the old file?

Yeah, that's the downloaded file renamed. No need to keep two files for the same character, right?

Did I confuse the program or something?

Do Satyr's have horns?

Have any of you actually made someone who became a shadow runner just to kill people before? I'm making one right now and want to know how it's gone over before.

Not really any confusion to do, roster caches the character file and reads what's there. Only thing that makes sense for what you're describing is that it's still reading the old character?

I dunno, maybe try updating to the latest nightly. I'm going to be pushing a new release later tonight from that build anyway, might clear it up a bit.

Psychopaths don't tend to survive in the shadows very long. They either get themselves killed during one of their first runs or they fall out of favor with the shadow community because nobody wants to run with their crazy ass.

Wouldn't be caught dead running with somebody that edgy.

I wasn't thinking a sociopath so much as someone who just enjoys the challenge and process of it. Like how deckers usually become deckers because they're passionate about the net. Kinda like the sniper from TF2 I guess. It's just the career they feel most comfortable/interested in.

Closed it and opened it again, and now it's registering the updated characters on the roster (both deathkiss.chum5 and bpzmcy.chum5). It's still displaying their name in the tabs once I open them as "Unnamed Character".

*updates Chummer as suggested* The character names in the tabs are still bugged, though they were very briefly displayed properly for a second or so when I opened the character from the roster list.

Also, just noticed a brand new bug: Reaction Enhancer and Wired Reflex cyberware no longer stack like they should be doing; there's a specific exception for those two regarding stacking, as their Wireless Bonus.

Professional assassin is completely okay, though slightly more morally bankrupt than the average runner. Is say your average street samurai would fall into the category of what you're describing, but that would be a woeful generalization.

How long do trolls live?

Like 40 years. They don't live long.

Chummer generally treats all items as if they're offline, I haven't come up with a method for managing and applying wireless bonuses that I'm happy with.
Well, as far as the character file is concerned, you don't have an alias, just a name. I never bothered to update the tab naming logic to cascade through name options, so it just picks the name based on the alias.
Hard to say. Since a large majority of the troll population is sinless, there's not a lot of census data on them. Life expectancy is generally around 50 but there are a lot of canon examples of trolls older than that, especially for characters with access to leonisation and quality medical care.

Would Humanis allow non-human True Believers?

I'm thinking of making a dwarf Humanis member who 100% believes in the cause and somehow got into Humanis (although is probably generally treated like dirt and isn't too high up the hierarchy). I understand that Humanis are basically neo nazis though so I'm not sure they would really take kindly to a Meta ally.

Thoughts? Also any good places to read up more on this disgusting hate group?

Null chance, chummer. However, there probably is a portion of odd admiration among Humanis for, say, supremacists of other races that would also prefer segregation, along the lines white nationalists had admiration for Farrakhan

Well, in real life, there were blacks in the KKK, and the leadership of the American Nazi Party attended at least one Black Panther rally, so...

>the loser on the left's posture

Isn't one of the leaders of Alamos 20k a troll trying to find a cure for being a troll?

If Chummer crashes and i send a crash report, do they actually land at a mail or something for you or would it be better to report it here?

Crash Handler dumps into a server that's a pain in the ass for me to get to, so I never really bother checking it. We mostly use the data from there for heatmapping and harvesting test characters. Best way to have your issue noticed is to post it here or on Github.

They do. Horns, pointed ears, and hooves/furry legs. Why, you think he's Italian?

Longer than orks, but shorter than humans.

Alright, then i got me a bug to report.
Fiddling around with the grade for my cyber and bioware - specifically, changing from standard to alpha and back repeatedly - sometimes causes a crash. The only reason i found it out was because i was examining exact cost makeup and essence loss.

I am having trouble recreating the bug, but the 'ware i was specifically modifying was Bilateral Coordination Co-processor, Voice Modulator, Olfactory Booster and Wired Reflexes.

When you're changing ware grades, you need to give it a moment to process all the other values relating back to it or chummer fucks up, in my experience.

Hrmmmm. When it crashes, there should be a blue link on the crash handler window that will open up a folder in c:\temp when clicked. Open the exception.txt file that's in there and upload the contents to pastebin or something. That'll be the easiest way for me to figure out what's going wrong.

pastebin.com/ummRMgtk

So, Soothsayer is an interrogation drug that causes excruciating pain when rubbed on the skin, from the Chrome Flesh book, that a given character can become permanently immune to through exposure.

If you were GMing, and the PCs got captured by Bad People who break it out to interrogate thm, how would you respond if one of the players goes "Okay. My character's immune to it, since she's a sexual masochist and her partner's used it on her during some of their play sessions until she became immune to it. I never brought it up before because this isn't an ERP and it wasn't relevant until now," what would you do?

"Then you should have taken the poison immunity(soothsayer) quality, faggot. No."

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but the only person in my group i could imagine saying something like that would also make some brief mentions of BSDM in the backstory - probably (hopefully) nothing graphic.
Generally i'd say, given that it's an extremely useful game mechanic to have in that circumstance and you JUST now bring up your immunity, that i'd deny it.
Ideally i'd spin it off in some other way though; maybe the character starts fidgeting in their seat and creeping everyone out, maybe they could pretend to lower their guard with it, and so forth.

It totally depends on who in my group would claim that, what kind of character they are playing, and what the circumstances of their interrogation are.

Hrmmmm. Well, the problem is that it can't find a reference for the cyberware grade. Buggered if I know why, it should be failing out early if it can't find the actual cyberware. I'm going to need more detail to troubleshoot it properly, I'm afraid.
Where the fuck is your girlfriend getting 12F interrogation drugs?
That said, Edge Test with an arbitrarily high threshold based on how likely it is that they're trying to bullshit me.

I'd let the player have it. Okay, that particularly trick doesn't work on you... There are other ways to induce pain/other group members to interrogate.

>Where the fuck is your girlfriend getting 12F interrogation drugs?
"They're my street doc contact who I met through the underground Azzie fighting rings. Didn't I mention that my character was friends-with-benefits with him?"

>"Oh, the Connection 1, Loyalty 2 contact you haven't mentioned in six months? No Kyle, we've been through this. You can't have a floating dildo drone that ejaculates your name in nanites just because you met a mechanic once, and you can't be immune to drugs because you get off on being slapped around by Chel. Behave."

>"Oh, the Connection 1, Loyalty 2 contact you haven't mentioned in six months?
Wouldn't "Friends-with-benefits" require at least Loyalty 4? That's the level where you're actual friends, after all.

>telling someone to read WAR!

This is a crime against humanity, chummer.

The facetiousness of the argument was more to emphasis the idea that you can't just spring shit on your GM and expect it to stick. Personally speaking, if I'd known the character to have that kind of relationship, I'd have considered just giving the player a point or two knocked off the DV for free to represent exactly that. The player deciding 'No, I'm immune to that because >backstory' throws that all off.

So, what would your runner do if they found themselves stuck in a groundhog day loop?

He was asking about the Az-Am conflict. War is literally all about the Az-Am conflict. If you want the fluff on what happened, I can't think of a better resource.

What would you use instead for fluff on the Az-Am conflict?

We've all heard of feel-good Santa Claus runs, but has anyone ever participated in a seasonal cold hearted bastard Grinch run wherein you steal presents and take down holiday decorations?

I thought about giving my players a run where they're hired for wetwork, to assassinate someone, and the Johnson specifically requests that they do it while he's on stage in front of a crowd, as part of a Christmas celebration.
After they shot him, his head would explode in a shower of confetti, and he would turn out to be an iDoll with realistic features put on stage for the express purpose of being shot by them, as part of the celebration.

Ended up going with a feel-good run instead, though, because one of my players is a 1 AGI troll with cyberarms buffed up to allow him to use a Stoner-Ares and other MGs, and he would have spent the chunk of the session where he actually pays attention complaining about how he had nothing to do, probably.
The feel good run is the rescue of a bunch of kids from a Juggernaught drone dressed like Santa that's being controlled by an AI, and has a small army of elf-drones

>because one of my players is a 1 AGI troll with cyberarms buffed up to allow him to use a Stoner-Ares and other MGs
Only a Stoner-Ares? Wasted potential, given that a troll could tote a HMG at their natural limit.

>dat second spoiler
Holy shit, that's devious.

He couldn't afford anything bigger.
He does have a PJSS, though.
Yes, I'm the guy who needed to get yekka's help getting a save to load up last thread.

>it's a pirotess and deedlit combo cosplay

Grind karma by doing the same heist over and over again until they've rehearsed it to perfection, then repeat for additional locations. Once you've mastered enough places, put your time-loop-gained skills and legwork to use pulling off the crime spree of the century and then retiring in the confusion.

Throw himself into hacking every host in the world, learning all about them, their ICE, and eventually their secrets. The more he knows, the better his chances of finding out what's happening to him and getting out of it (and of course, using the data once he's out for mad dosh, and possibly to get home to his family).

maybe every few weeks he'll experiment with the sammy's stash of drugs, to keep it fresh

Where are some good places in the Sixth World to get my post-apocalypse on?