Hey guys!

Hey guys!

Used to play Tau back in the day. Took a 10 year hiatus. Recently wanted to get back into the hobby, but so much has changed. What happened with the classic firewarriors? Why can't I buy 12 firewarriors per box anymore for $45 cdn? the new boxes seem to charge more for less. What gives?

Also, any important rules changes/ lore updates for Tau I should know about?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Tau(7E)
youtube.com/watch?v=sH_6iFYiryY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

?

Tau can use limited warp drives despite having no psykers to access the warp.

The Imperial invasion into Tau space that the Tau repelled was upgraded from a minor crusade to a massive one.

Aun'Va, leader of the Ethereals was assassinated by an Eversor assassin, the crazy drugged up skull-faced guys.

The Tau use huge mechas, the Riptide and others. People hate playing against them. Tau are now top tier or at least high tier, unlike a decade ago when they were at the bottom.

If you liked being the underdog back then you won't like where they are now, both in story and tabletop.

The current edition of the rules generally favors shooting armies more than melee armies, so it's a good time to be Tau.

>Why can't I buy 12 firewarriors per box anymore for $45 cdn? the new boxes seem to charge more for less. What gives?
10 years of inflation and market change

No more fucking Fish of Fury

That's not entirely accurate. They only recently made the changes to their boxed firewarriors sets for the new codex

Thanks!

Wow, how did they manage to assisanate Aunva? What were the ramifications?

Tau got good at everything for some reason. Out-flew Crons, out-adapted Tyranids, stuff like that.

Bugs have been on a downward slide since forever, from what I have heard

If i remember right...

>imperial fags launch crusade
>it gets BTFO
>imperialfags laugh and say it wasent a REAL crusade
>launch a real crusade
>it gets BTFO
>imperialfags rage quit an entire sector and burn it with plasmafire
>send in suicide assassin to get target
>HUR DUR WE GOT CURB STOMPED BUT WE KILLED DIS ONE GUY SO WE WIZ!!!!

What are flight stands?

Its all TLOS. just model the fish high enough up to shoot under. not that hard.

>Aun'Va, leader of the Ethereals was assassinated by an Eversor assassin, the crazy drugged up skull-faced guys.

Aunva was killed by a Culexes, not an Eversor.

One of every assassin temple tried, it was Culexes that succeeded.

I was wrong, it was a Celexus assassin, the anti-psykers, odd choice, I know. The celexus crashed his ship. The Tau went to investigate and the celexus simply walked onto the Tau ship. The Tau could not see him even when looking in his direction but his presence filled the crew with a sense of dread.

Untill he came face to face with Aun'Va that is, where he fried the brains of his body guards and gave a prolonged chase to take down the Ethereal. Small numbers of Tau in a confined space don't really stand much of a chance against an Imperial assassin.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Sounds exciting the amount of changes that have happened.

I really need to pick up a codex and start modifying the things I already have.

So, riptides are worth the investment?

You forgot the bit where Shadowsun out ambushed the Chapter Master of the Raven Guard

The butthurt was real

I'm sure it won't take long for you to figure out how good Riptides are once you've got your hands on their rules.

But yes. They're good.

>Taufag comes back after a decade and the first thing he does is buy multiple Riptides

this is why everyone hates you btw

>A type of assassin considered horrifyingly disturbing because of their soullessness
>A species that is as close to soulless as sentient, organic lifeforms get in 40k
>Said species having that bad a freakout at said assassin

I don't get it, man.

I think he is giving them a mindfuck not a soulfuck.

But aun va is either taking it like a boss. or already dun crapped his depends and is dead.

Accurate.

Hey man. I always liked spamming firewarriors, but GW made that a bit more expensive as of recent, as too why that is was my original thread question.

Yup, it's fucking sick.

the new box does not really charge more for less, there is more inside then in the old one
there are options for all pulse carbines, and for making all firewarriors as breachers, + 2 drones that can be equipped as you want, not onlygundrone. And a DS8-turret, so its only 1model less per box.
Granted, if you want pulseriflewarriors the old was cheaper.

Never buy the new box, however as there is a start collecting set which gives you 10firewarriors and 3 crisis for about 2/3 of their retail price and throws a free ethereal in it aswell.

That's what you get for being without model.

Honestly, dont spam tides if its a friendly environment, you wont make any friends. If everyone is being a try-hard WAAC faggot then do it.

>All these butthurt ork players

wow

Taufag here. Biggest change to Tau fluff is that they've been re-written to be less Star Trek Federation and more USSR, with the codex portraying the Ethereals as expert manipulators and propagandists. Farsight left the empire because he became disillusioned with how they do things and because daemons killed all of the Etherals in his army and revealed that the Ethereals are fully aware of what Chaos is; they just didn't tell the rest of the Tau because it conflicts with their atheist ideology. Also, Farsight's sword is some kind of a pseudo-warp-weapon gives him eternal life because it steals the potential life from those he kills and gives it to him he is unaware of this, so as to preserve his good guy status. Farsight also now leads the Tau version of the Seven Samurai called The Eight.

As far as crunch, GW hasn't added any new auxiliaries, instead focusing their efforts on adding bigger and bigger battlesuits. Units can be brought in far greater numbers than previously, with Crisis suits being able to be brought in squads of 9, and most other battlesuits/tanks able to be brought in squads of up to 3.

The Farsight Enclaves now have their own unique set of rules. Basically, they must all take Bonding Knives and can bring Crisis Battlesuits as Troops.

As has been stated previously, Tau are a top-shelf army. In general, if you don't want to be a WAACfag, I advise steering clear of the Tau Hunter Contingent and Stormsurges; they are stupidly overpowered. Riptides are fine so long as you don't spam them. I recommend bringing a Combined Arms Detachment (the old 1 HQ/2 Troops formation) and maybe one of the formations from the codex for variety. That way, you can play with your new toys, but won't be too oppressively OP plus, that way you can bring FW units.

1d4chan has a more in-depth analysis here:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Tau(7E)

This. Riptides are some of the most overpowered fir the point cost things out there, and if you spam them, then people will react accordingly.

Man, people REALLY like Tau

there been like 5 Tau threads today

>>A species that is as close to soulless as sentient, organic lifeforms get in 40k
As close to, but not entirely. That's the point. The Tau still have souls, although small, and they do register in the Warp. So a Culexus can still fuck Space Pope and his bodyguards over.

The taufags are expecially pervasive todat.

Last week it was Orks, next week it'll be Eldar, gotta cycle through the obligator 'Not Imperium squat faction' threads for each faction it seems

Maybe it was the Imperial Standard Issue spandex showing them the true disparity between Man and Xeno?

I want to run as many Riptides and Stormsurges as I can fit into my army because of the all fucking Space Wolves and Dark Angels.

>Hurr durr 5 attacks Rending
>Hurr Durr Teleporting Deep Strike 2++

Whine about Tau all you want - this cheese on the SM side stinks just as bad.

Also, where is the list for The Eight? I don't have 7th ed Farsight Enclaves yet.

Mont'ka or Farsight Enclaves Codes

>he is unaware of this, so as to preserve his good guy status
I mean, if you're killing them anyway is it such a bad thing to live longer? They obviously aren't using those years.

> Someone get back into the game.
> See a cool giant robot.
> Want it.
> It's somehow weird.
That user even asked if it was worth it, he clearly don't know how good they are and just wanted some cool giant robots. Calm down.

And don't pretend any of us didn't react the same way at first, when the riptide was first revealed Veeky Forums was all about spamming that shit to the Pacific Rim theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=sH_6iFYiryY

It's not the extension to his lifespan, it's how it works (daemonic sword, guess how it does it). If he knew how it was doing it he'd probably kill himself.

>If he knew how it was doing it he'd probably kill himself.

I bet this will backfire. If anything, this is likely to be the last thing he has to do to fulfill the prophecy and achieve godhood/daemonhood.

>Farsight becomes the God Emperor of the Tau
I'm sure they have a heavily outlawed manga about that spread around the grorious empire of gun.

Jesus why is he so jacked