Veeky Forums! Let's roll up a Heretical Cult!

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Alright, we're going to be using this,

> 1d4chan.org/wiki/Heretical_Cult_Creation_Tables

roll table. This should be more interesting than fleshing out the nth Space Marine Chapter and Imperial Guard Regiment

I'll start off our vile heresy by rolling for the cult's origins!

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Genestealer_Cult_Creation_Tables
1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Warband_Creation_Tables
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OK, it looks like we're a sect of

> Primal Devotees: These cults form around an aspect of their surroundings or environment. This might be such elemental aspects as the burning flame, life-sustaining water, an essential native vegetation, the primordial darkness, or even the unending depths of space.

Now, one of you neckbeards roll for our Cult Ideology!

Rolled 13 (1d20)

OP, you're a faggot and a heretic.

At least one of those things is true. So we're
based around,

> Zealotry in Misplaced Idols: The cult worships various idols. These can range in origin from forbidden archaeotech, chaos artifacts or xenos gear.

Combined with the primal devotee aspect of the cult, this seems to be quite an odd cult...

Shit, forgot. Roll 1d100 for cult leadership type.

Rolled 60 (1d100)

I Cant wait to see where this goes

Well that's, interesting to say the least. Apparently this cult abides by,

> Strict Military Hierarchy: The cult bases its structure on an imitation of the Imperium's military ranking systems.

Someone roll a 1d20 for the Cult Leadership's nature.

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Aww YIS heresy

*stares at screen**blinks rapidly* WELL THEN. This cult's leader is,

> Something Else: (same as above) Whatever the leadership is, it is neither human-derived, xenos, nor daemonic, but a rare (and often unique) other. Known examples have included Abominable Intelligences (from the Dark Age of Technology or newer) and cosmic phenomena. The Inquisition is liable to label the entity itself as an Obscuro-type threat.

Leftover Age of Strife AI, anyone?

Roll 1d10 for the Cult's Leadership Style.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

>Primal
>Misplaced idols
>Obscura type leadwr

Now things are getting interesting

I vote for a machine intelligence on an abandoned forge world that has enslaved the humans in a grim parody of the already grim parody that is the admech

Wait shit

The Cult Leadership uses

> Force of Arms: Using his own personal strength or even psychic powers, the leader rules all around him with displays of brute force and physical intimidation.

to keep its followers in line.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

At this point im just picturing a leftover age of strife AI assigned to ecology duty going crazy and forming a millitaristic druid cult.

What is wrong with me?

Rolled 3 (1d6)

OP you are a goddamn fag and you know it you beautiful la la prancing homo man

Rolled 10 (1d10)

WHY CAN"T I ROLL

corrupted terraforming AI. the cultists are the descendants of an IG regiment that mustered out and were given ownership of the planet as a reward for some glorious campaign lost to the veil of ancient history.

oh good

Shit, forgot to post, roll 1d6 for amount of Equipment and Identification rolls.

This is the only valid roll, so I suppose the cult receives 3 Equipment and Identifier rolls. Roll 1d2 and 1d10 you faggots!

Oh shit, nevermind, roll 1d2! If 1, roll 1d20, if 2, roll 1d10!

Rolled 1 (1d2)

I guess I'll start for the first!

Rolled 5 (1d20)

Wait, what? Shouldn't we roll 3d20?

OK, when possible, the Cult prefers to use,

> Brutal Weaponry: When forced to action, the cult uses simple, direct weaponry. Heavy axes, huge mauls, and similar weapons are common. More advanced armaments follow similar trends, with chainswords, autoguns, and bolt weapons being preferred when accessible.

1/3, 2 more rolls left!

So do we roll.another 1d2, or just d20s?

No, check the link. We're at Equipment and Identifiers of the Cult. We rolled a 3 for the quantity of rolls. The 1d2 is to determine if it's a roll for Armaments and Defenses, or Tokens of Allegiance, which differ between the 1d10, and 1d20.

Rolled 2 (1d2)

Oh I see, the layout was confusing

Post once, rolling a 1d2, and post again, rolling a 1d10 if 1, or a 1d20 if 2.

Rolled 1 (1d20)

Cmon tech

Well, goes with our brute force weapons I guess. We have a shitload of stunners ans bolt weapons

The Dice have spoken! The Cult identifies itself by a,

> Symbolic Color: The cultists show their affiliation through outfits that incorporate a specific colour to reflect their beliefs. It may be a shade uncommon among the local populace, or always worn on a particular garment.

2/3, 1 more roll left!

What? No symbolic color would have been a d10

D20 1 is tons of ammo

Rolled 1 (1d2)

Rolled 3 (1d10)

the more we learn, the more they turn into druids. We got the nature, the simple weapons, terraforming ai is looking like something closer and closer to being true.

>no sadsquid the turk

SAD. LOW ENERGY. NASTY.

Damn, you're right. All the same, I think we should keep the Symbolic Color as a method of Identification. The cult has access to,

> Plentiful Ammunition: The cult favors solid projectile weapons, grenades, and other armaments that rely upon easy access to large stores of ammunition.

Can we flavor these as something like Greek Fire, relatively low tech and simple but they have an absurd amount of it. Enough that the problem isn't the projectiles themselves, but the heat that the resulting fires reach and the difficulty in putting them out.

woo napalm

The cult identifies itself with,

> Favored Craftsmanship: The maker’s mark or factory stamp of a particular craftsman or facility can be found on a great deal of cultist equipment.

I'm thinking that this should somehow tie into the Age Of Strife AI that leads them.

Now that that's all sorted, roll a 1d20 for the Draw and Activities of the Cult!

Rolled 3 (1d20)

user, you brilliant bastand. A techno-druis cult with access to knockoff promethium Greek fire? Simply brilliant!

Dubs for hot pink armour due to the visual pleasingness for the Hello Kitty AI

The cult offers,

> Purpose: Some citizens of the Imperium find themselves yearning for something more fulfilling than endless labour to support a war machine they never see. These empty souls often turn to cults that claim to provide meaning or purpose to an otherwise pointless existence.

to those who have been overcome by despair and ennui.

Roll 1d10 to see what kind of heretical Rites and Observances the cult adheres to!

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Given our reliance on primitive but well crafted weapons, I'm thinking maybe we're some kind of back to nature survivalist cult on our urban world, devoted to surviving innawoods and innacave with hand crafted solid ammo weapons like some kind of crazy swiss/united States separatist group.

Basically we're /k/.

Alright, so just some preliminary ideas here.

>The AI, original use name Bercilak the Green Knight was a terraforming and ecology protection AI created during the Age of Strife. When everything went nuts, it kept doing its mission, until a lack of maintenance and rampancy drove it mad, and made it lose the selective nature of what it considered its "garden". Bercilak enlists humans to help it spread its carefully designed nature through systems, often through violent and chaotic means due to the prevalence of its malfunctioning protocols. IT will torch worlds to see the planting of new wildlife, but spare random buildings as its code demands.
>Bercilak's followers are organized in a combination of druidic seniority and knightly regimen, referring to each other by titles and "Ser". They manufacture arms with the aid of Bercilak and their serfs, who range from devout followers to enlisted slaves. They manufacture relatively simple tools, but with great craftsmanship and to Bercilak's exacting and murderous specifications.

tl;dr an ecology ai named after the green knight went nuts and fused the flavor bits of its personality with the function bits. now it runs arthurian knighthood as a ecoterrorist cult.

Except they're led by the ULTIMATE Tech-Heresy in the from of an ancient AI from the Age of Strife.

Apparently this cult practices,

Blood Sacrifice: The sacrifice of living beings, from livestock to captured enemies, is a common way for cults to express their power. The ritual is usually symbolic, although some cults have found ways to harness the spilled life for power.

Spooky. Roll 1d20 for the cults deities! After that, we'll use the Gene-Stealer creation tables to come up with the cults homeworld type, enemies, and overall power.

Shit, forgot the

>

Oh well.

I think we should combine these somehow.

Maybe something like

To prove their worth as a knight, cultists must survive the homeworld wilderness for a week, while Bercilak mercilessly fucks with them via terraforming bs

I don't know if that (You) is supposed to be complimentary or criticizing. Either way, the Genestealer Cult Creation Table,

> 1d4chan.org/wiki/Genestealer_Cult_Creation_Tables

has some nice tables we can use where the cult generator is otherwise lacking.

What if we had Bercilak's terraforming fuck ups be basically entirely set on making death worlds?

Like, originally its goal was to generate habitable worlds for humans, and its still doing that, they're just only barely habitable. Its gone full darwinist on its cultists.

You can stay behind with the serfs and make gear, or you can go get dumped innawoods for a year and get a knighthood.

That's pretty legitimate, I will admit, and I nominate that we make it canon. But we should roll a 1d20 to determine the driving power behind our cult.

Rolled 19 (1d20)

That was a "I fucked up trying to roll for the deities" You

Rolled 1 (1d20)

Seeing as our leader is obscurous, we should say that at best Bercilak was corrupted by a chaos God or daemon, and chaos takes a back seat here

I like Roll better, fits perfectly since we're set on an AI

Maybe Bercilak isn't Darwinist, but he's trying to create a world of knights and heros

Which involves manufacturing horrible monsters and threats

Maybe he even had a hand in Caliban...

Wow, this Cult follows,

Something Else in the Dark: The Galaxy is a place of immense scale, the Warp impossibly greater. In all that space, many other things exist to bend Man's knee and twist his mind.

That fits perfectly with what we've got so far. Has the cults worship elevated Bercilak into a minor warp entity?

Fuck, I forgot the fucking

>

Again!

we could also take more of a page from the arthurian myth and have the Lady of the Lake be the driving force behind Bercilak, as in the myth she was the one who made him the green knight.
Perhaps she's some kind of minor chaos entity or C'Tan kind of thing, which thrives on the souls of "heroes", which now Bercilak is manufacturing.

Rolled 45 (1d100)

Rolling for world

Ah, understood.

Now, using a bastardized version of this,

> 1d4chan.org/wiki/Genestealer_Cult_Creation_Tables

table, let's roll a 1d100 to see where the cult originated!

In the myrh Bercilak was a servant of Morganna le fay

Which to me says PERFIDIOUS ELDAR

Maybe Bercilak is an Eldar soul stone in an ancient geneforge and Terra forming machine, and Le Fay is trying to harvest the souls of mortals to make him stronger to turn into a true warp god to save the Eldar ra- DID WE JUST MAKE SPACE BRETTONIANS?

>It's even an agri world

AHHH SPACE BRETTONIANS

SPACE BRETTONIA IS GO!

That was quicker than should be possible, warp-trickery is afoot! No matter, the cult originated on a,

> Agri-World: Everyone and their mums are part of a Cult round 'ere! For example: farmers. Farmers' mums. Try converting Goliath trucks out of tractors and backhoes.

That also ties in perfectly with what we've got so far. Is a being of chaos meddling with this thread?

Roll 1d100 for the Terrain of the original Planet!

SPACE BRETTONIA
SPACE BRETONNIA
FOR BERCILAK AND LE FAY

Rolled 31 (1d100)

D'oh shit!

>Jungle

If you've never seen the native forests of England and France, or how they might have been back in the day? Not all jungles are tropical

THE WOODS ARE THE DOMAIN OF BERCILAK

Yesterday was Space Isis.
Today, Space Brettonia
Tomorrow? My guess is Space Jamaica

There can be no doubt now. Something is influencing our rolls, and for the better. The starting world's terrain is,

> Jungle: How do you eradicate a force that can fade into the shadows of the canopy above?

Roll 1d10 for the cult's sphere of influence! 1 being only the planet, and 10 being almost half a sector.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Rolled 6 (1d10)

THE LADY
THE LADY
FOR BERCILAK, THE LADY, AND NORMANDY (which is an agricultural region in France like Brittany)

I'd say this qualifies as a subsector at least

5, that means the cult is a powerful heretic incursion spanning multiple star systems with it's own fleet, bur isn't yet a major threat to the Imperium.

That's about it for the actual cult. Now, let's roll up a warband for the cult using parts of the

> 1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Warband_Creation_Tables

the Chaos Warband generation table.

Roll a 1d100 for the Blessings Of Bercilak!

Rolled 61 (1d100)

Given that Bercilak is a nascent warp power at best like a fruity Eldar version of the Emperor (Morgana making her own infinity circuit with blackjack and hookers) his blessings should be subtle, much like those BRETTONIANS recieve from the lady

..And heightened senses is a perfect example, especially for the knights and hunters of the temperate jungles of space Brettonia

Reasonably enough, the quantity of the cultist warband's blessings is.

> Moderate: The war band regularly has individuals within whom are capable of garnering the attention and blessings of Bercilak.

Now, roll 1d100 for the warband's most common blessings!

Rolled 84 (1d100)

Heightened senses cmon

I agree, though anything extreme could easily be fluffed as Bercilak genetically altering select cultists.

>Magic ass weapons

Also good and fitting for knights and secret eldar

OH SHIT EXCALIBUR

ELDAR RUNE SWORDS YO

The most common blessings bestowed by Bercilak are,

> Weapons of Bercilak: The blessed of the war band have been given much war gear infused with Bercilak's will one way or another. This may take form in weapons of Bercilak, artifacts of Bercilak, blessed/cursed armor, etc.

I think that any weapons blessed by Bercilak should be ancient, half-functioning artifacts from the Age of Strife, that are blessed with a paltry amount of druidic blessings.

>Literally a sword in a stone.

I'm so down for this.

Now, roll 1d100 for the warband's Headquarters!

Rolled 51 (1d100)

Rolled 25 (1d100)

Rolled 1 (1d100)

We better be calling this avalon I swear

The cult warband of Bercilak is,

> Fleet Based (Ex. Pirates)!

We need to fluff their fleet out. Do they have an ancient, Age of Strife Dreadnought operating at 0.01% efficiency? Two pimped-out Battle Barges? Or what?

Roll a 1d100 to determine the warband's composition!

These are our noble steeds. Named after great weapons of old, and headed by our flagship EXCALIBUR.

Rolled 61 (1d100)

Rolled 75 (1d100)

spitballing lore
>Bercilak and Morganna, a pair of Eldar Twins, fled the fall of their race as their empire collapsed
>They took with them ancient terraforming world engine in the hopes of rebuilding g their civilization and world's after the fall
>But the pyschic devastation of Slaanesh' birth hopelessly damages the world engine
>In order to make.it function, Bercilak sacrificed himself, forming the central spirit in a proto soulstorm/infinity circuit that would allow him to directly interface with the engine and control it
>However they both found themselves at risk of.losing their souls to slaanesh, and had no feasible way of undoing the fall of their people
>They came upon the same idea as the dark Eldar, siphoning off the souls of lesser beings in order to date she who thirsts
>Morganna makes use of "hand maidens" who are actually soul bound to her and can make use of a.small portion of her considerable pyschic might, but their life force is actually feeding hers and.maintaining her eternal youth to protect her from Slaanesh
>Bercilak meanwhile intends to become a new Eldar god by harvesting the souls of mortals and storing them in his infinity circuit until he has acquired enough power, similar to the plans of the craft world Eldar but.on a larger and.more centralized.scale
>Because humans have such a weaker warp presence, many of them are required, and all efforts are made to "improve" the power of their souls to make them worthier sacrifices
>The enemies of the cult are sacrificed to Bercilak
>So to, unbeknownst to them, are its greatest champions, eventually being called on to seek the Graal when Bercilak and Morgana decide they are ripe enough
>Their soulstorm and consciousnesses are subsumed into Bercilak
>All male PYSKERS are immediately sacrificed
>Females have the chance to become handmaidens, which prolongs their lives for a time, but ultimately they are consumed by Morgana

Actually second thought I really like the idea of an ancient, barely functioning dreadnought. We can call it Avalon, and then have it be part of the goal they strive towards, to one day restore it to the paradise they know it was from their stories and scripture.

All the while, the nascent presence of Bercilak and Le Fay's warp shenanigans are warping Avalon into something far beyond a mere realspace dreadnought.

Alright, the Warband is composed of a,

> Company level element worth of Marines that work alongside a fair number of cultists.

I think a few hundred Elder cultists should openly worship Bercilak and Morgans, and fight alongside the Humans and Space Marines.

> y/n?

Roll a 1d100 for the warband's recruitment methods!