We like classes

Post your favorite class/ super-original-new-class idea.

>Class Name
>What it's about
>Core skills
>favorite weapon/tools
>clothing/armor

>how does one become this class? (Branches from?)
>race-restrictions?
>cultural distinctions?
>drawbacks?
>some shit you'd like to add?

Ps: don't bother with any existing setting or system. Nobody ever wants to play the game you want to play.
Pps: Keep you sentences to a minimum or nobody will read that shit.
Ppps: "haha, class and race, time to insert a /pol/ joke!" said the faggot.

Class Name: SLACKER
What it's about: Get everyone else to do things so you don't have to.
Core skills: Natural Likable Charisma, animalistic attraction, enhanced pheromones
favorite weapon/tools: Game controller, Bong/vape
clothing/armor: Cumfy hoodie and sport shorts
how does one become this class? (Branches from?): One does not simply become a Slacker, it must be a core choice, meaning you cannot select this class if you are currently in any class.
race-restrictions?: none
cultural distinctions?: Cultures that value hard work view the Slacker with repulsion
drawbacks?: See above. sometimes its inconvienient
some shit you'd like to add?: That wouldn't be very slacker of me, why don't you expand on this I think I've done enough

Class Name: OP
What it's about: Severe Faggotry
Core skills: Sucking dick, shitposting
Favorite Weapon/Tools: Keyboard
clothing/armor: Sweatpants and cheeto-stained t-shirts
how does one become this class?: You either is or you isn't
race-restrictions?: haha, class and race, time to insert a /pol/ joke!
cultural: the only culture is the mold growing in their armpits
drawbacks: all of them
some shit you'd like to add: sage

I once had a personality test for an indepth class quiz and it spat out Rune dancer. At first i thought it was a bit gay but then reading on it, where its a spellcaster who paints runes with their feet it actually seemed pretty cool.

Like some kind of DDR Gandalf I'd be.

Class Name: Mastermind

What It's About: Achieving an objective through intense observation, thorough planning, and great intelligence

Core Skills: Enhanced tool usage, Foresight, Leadership based buffs, Equal Opportunity Employer

Favorite Weapon/Tools: Concealable Weapons, Tools that relate to the goal

Clothing/Armor: Concealed armor, clothing with hidden pockets

Requirements: Requires an INT of at least 17, and a CHR of the same

Open to all races.

Probably not good if you have an 'Orky' culture.

Drawbacks: Not physically adept, gets disadvantages when going out of plan.

Some shit I would like to add: Uses a proxy for dangerous missions (Like a robot that projects their face), gets discounts with merchants and such based on level, stays out of direct combat.

Edge Master
Get Edge to spend Edge.
Get Edge by killing enemies. Gain more starting Edge the more outnumbered you are. Defenseless killings, including tied up combatants and civilians, grant extra Edge.
Can taunt which uses your turn but give you more Edge and can force an opponent to act.

Spend Edge to teleport and deal massive critical damage.

Favors Katanas and Pistols.

Must have tragic backstory.

>It's what my character would do

>Squire
>Doesn't evolve into Knight at any point
>Very few heavy armor class options

I guess some of those classes could be considered different variations of knights, but come on.

Djinn Mage
Magician who gets djinn and other, lesser spirits to do his bidding
Magical Lure, Bind Spirit, Word of Command, True Wish (high level skill), low-level generalist spells
Magic rods, magic rings, ceremonial daggers, raven familiar
Fancy robes (culture of dominance and ostentation)

Branches from Evoker
Can be any race that does magic
Invented by an old desert civilization, but the art has since spread everywhere
The greatest drawback is that the Djinn Mage has very little personal power, and is extremely vulnerable when his servants are disabled or circumvented
The thing which sets "djinn magic" apart from summoning is that you do not summon the spirits, but rather find them in the world (the raven familiar helps with this) and then enslave them with your words of command while also binding them to a physical object. This limits the strength and type of the entities you can command, although djinn can be very powerful.

> Shards
> Utilizes it's ability to split into many versions of itself to over-throw the enemy.
> Split, Converge, Copy, and Reinforce
> No Favored Weapons
> No Favored Armor

> Branches from 'Copy Cat' and 'Absorber'
> Race Restrictions: Must come from race that is both magically inclined AND of independent thought (not hive mind)
> Culturally speaking, Shards are respected by those who can understand them. Low Magic/Those not used to Shards will often have an aversion to them, due to their uncanny near hive-mind status.
> Drawbacks: The Shards share an 'ability pool'. Let's say a person knows Pyromancy, Swordfighting, Heavy Armor, and Healing. He creates three shards. One has Pyromancy, One has Swordifghting+Heavy Armor, one has Healing. They do not share abilities.
> It is important to note that Shards can learn any ability, or armor type. Their weakness lies in that this is still one person, just that one person acting all at once. So say one is affected by any mental power, they all are. And since this is a shard, they all share one HP pool.

>Trap
>Being a trap
>Trapping
>The butt
>None

>Good genetics and effort
>Humanoid
>Gay
>Magical realm

Underrated af. Love this

Well memed guys, you are all so funny.

The fuck is the difference between
>Blade Saint
>Minamoto
>True Blade

show stopper
being a flashy obnoxious punk
huge pool of mana and HP, rarely learns good spells
instruments, darts/gambling shit, things that bring attention
gear that has been smelted down time and time again, the clothing that you took with you the entire journey, the end game stuff that you personally decorated because you could.

become this class by having more than 100 stories told about you
branches from high tier bards, minstrel, gamblers, some lords, and magic users

no restrictions asides fame baby
useless or hard to acquire in places that have low cultural levels, or lack of individuality.
no drawbacks asides that its sort of a dead end on advancement.

be cool, crit hard, and do stuff you would never dare to try to do with anyone else.

>Warder
>An actual dual-shield class
>Stuns, Intercepts, Knockback/Knockdown
>2 Throwing shields
>Light Armor

>Branches from Defender, Guard, or Duelist
>race-restrictions? none
>cultural distinctions? A lot of people think they're silly, until people start getting pushed off cliffs or see their spells reflected back at them.
>Not actually tanky or hard to kill, spends most of the time dodging when both shields are thrown
>some shit you'd like to add? optional Knee-spikes for damage/coup de grace

Force Adept

>Harnesses kinetic energy to pull of various flavors of bullshit. In particular, redirects kinetic energy by channeling it through their own body. The Adept can, with a touch, transfer the force of a blow and, with another touch, put it somewhere else. Sounds great, right? Well, it's not like kinetic energy can be stored indefinitely. If you don't get rid of it, then all of that force you're storing is going to be exerted on its container. Usually that means *splat*.
>Physical fitness (The tougher the body, the more energy you can redirect through it. Faster the body, the less likely it is for you to keep all of that energy inside too long)
>Can't wear armor, usually wears loose-fitting robes to allow for freedom of movement and enchanted to protect the user from hostile magic (because fuck that shit)
>Force Adepts branch off from hand-to-hand fighters of all sorts. In fact, several schools of Force Adepts offer different means of utilizing the same abilities
>While any race can technically become a Force Adept, physically powerful races find it easier to use
>Humans have the longest tradition of Force Adepts, with dynastic orders and gladiator schools devoted entirely to teaching the art all over the world. Other races learn from them.
>While immensely powerful against physical assailants of any kind, the ethereal poses a serious problem. If the Adept can't touch it, or it doesn't have any weight, then there's not much they can do about it
>This class truly shines against opponents far larger and far stronger than they are. A really powerful one could get into boxing match with a Tarrasque.

>Mercenary, not evolving into sell-sword

I feel you

Pic source?

Battle Master
Through near endless training, you have become skilled in every weapon known to man but master of none
Core skills are cha, and either strength or dex
They have no specialized training or equipment, their modus operandi is disarming opponents and using their weapons against them. Using their fighting techniques runs a high risk of shattering their (stolen) weapon

I dont know how to deal with the fact that he wouldnt be able to use magic items correctly but i just love the idea of a guy who marches into a dungeon with two swords on either hip, axes on his back, a crossbow on his leg, daggers up his sleeves and down his boots, and marches out covered in gore, dragging a minotaurs axe, a bandolier of goblin daggers, and the head of the boss

>Theif
But I don't see a rouge, are you racist against scantily clad women in red that steal hearts?

That sounds exceptionally gay.

>Magician who gets djinn and other, lesser spirits to do his bidding
In AD&D, this is called a Sha'ir. It's a Magic-User kit, but it near as completely retools the class.
Dragon Magazine remade it as a 3/3.5 class at some point, IIRC.

Wow I hope someone bumps this until I get to my computer in about 13 minutes so I can post my class ideas!

I still have this saved from probably over a year ago. Tangentially related

On the off chance you got held up for hours, bump.

I think a magic/battle-chef could be interesting.

Using rare monster parts and ingredients in recipes for alchemy/potion-like buffs both for general adventuring and mid-battle snacks.

Spice clouds and butchery knowledge of joints and muscles for crowd control attacks and debuffing.

Not necessarily a heavy damage dealer and pretty squishy but an interesting support class mixing traditional roles of several others like druid/cleric bard/rogue and alchemist/mage.

Is there any way I could take it, or was it on paper? Sounds interesting.