Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Grave Robbing Edition

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/products/btpy8i1m?Cerulean-Seas-Campaign-Setting
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1043146
docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How does underwater combat work?
How does deep water work?
Like where are the pathfinder rules for water pressure and barotraumas?

Why are you playing a game where that would even matter?

Because certain AP's third book involves going very deep into the ocean

will starfinder flop

yesno

Do your groups ban lewding, Veeky Forums? If not, where do you play that it's allowed and what's the general cutoff point? Is it fade to black or full on magical realm?

My IRL group hasn't even attempted to lewd, so that's a definite unspoken rule

My online group doesn't exist because I'm afraid to meet new people

Probably yeah. Space RPGs are pretty niche and the market has been more or less cornered and honestly, if anyone wants to play Pathfinder in space they can already do it. I'm willing to endure Paizo's dogshit for high fantasy because everything else I've tried is equally as bad, but the handful of space RPGs I've played have actually been pretty solid.

This motherfucker. How do I play him?

I'm thinking harbinger with some sleeping goddess, but would zealot be more appropriate?

I have no idea how to replicate the null spheres though. They used to be a sphere of absolute *nothingness* that was shot out, hit your target and silenced them for a while, but then they stopped being that, and now they give you an anti-magic shield because telling people to stfu was too toxic. It also used to do gigawreck facefuck damage.

Force pulse I could see being a [counter] that just vomits damage in a cone.

His rift-walking is part harbinger/sleeping goddess teleportation, but it also does relatively large damage in an area around him (maybe a black seraph vampirism stance?)

stop

Which one is the most broken class?

The third party book Cerulean Seas should have everything you need.

Is there anyway to speak with a magical beast that does not have the ability to speak (but can already understand due to high intelligence)?

No. The creatures of the void must be stopped.

Does it know a language, but is physically incapable of speech?

There are like 8 different things by that name

I've never played League of Legends.

What is that.

paizo.com/products/btpy8i1m?Cerulean-Seas-Campaign-Setting
try the first result from a google search.

Yeah; it is a fox that is a former familiar (we're ruling that familiars dont loose their abilities after the masters death), currently with int of 7 and we want to ask it some questions. it can understand us just fine but cant respond with anything but pantomime (nods and the such)

>one bark if yes, two if no

If Paizo writes to their AP that "party now goes into ocean depths", they should be responsible for making rules for that kind of environment to begin with anyway.

Thanks anyway

Kassadin. It was a man who stared into the void at the ruined city of Icathia, found void creatures and went "holy shit these things need to be stopped"... but he got pulled into the void and found that the only way to live long enough to stop them was to let part of the void into him.

Thus the gribbly beaked squidface. His polar opposite is the void prophet Malzahar, who serves the void and summons creatures from it.

Malzahar was responsible for Kassadins daughter getting pulled into the void.

Void creatures are super bad news though, like cthulu levels of bad news.

Kass kind of just teleports up behind you, stabs you in the back with his void-sword, shoots spheres of negative energy, and charges up void-vomit when spells are cast around him. He's permanently "ghosted" which makes him move 28-45% faster (based on level) ignore unit collision and he takes 15% less magic damage (his old passive used to just be the magic damage reduction).

He also possesses one of the most sinister laughs in the game.

Yes we got that far, we would like something further then that

What level are you?

Level 2

What's the best kind of cohort to grab? A cute camp guardian of some kind? Playing a cleric of Iomedae, so valor and heroism are both ideal themes for any prospective cohorts.

Harbinger, or Harbinger / Witch (Dimensions, Occult, or Outer Dragon patron) / Bladecaster, but I don't know what you would do about your familiar.

A specific Void entity is your patron, and you use Summon Monster to call forth it's creatures.
Veiled Moon lets you teleport, and Battlecaster's Strike lets you discharge Inflict Wounds spells when you initiate strikes.
Riven Hourglass gets you get some of those other bonuses your are talking about.
There might be a Witch spell that absorbs lesser spells cast against you.
Cackle will be your intimidating laugh.

This won't be that effective, but it has the flavor you're looking for,

Uh, well Harbinger is somewhat appropriate as iirc correctly it lets you teleport but generally i would say he is a Soul Knife with that one initiating archetype, using Veiled Moon and Sleeping Goddess.

I believe Veiled Moons "Warp Worm" and more importantly "Ether Wave" are sliiightly close to what you want, but Throw Mind Blade will imo replicate Null Sphere pretty well actually, though i can't think of a way to let it silence but maybe you could come up with a custom blade skill for that?

In general soulknives have a lot of teleporting, ranged attack and "single extra hit that gets you mana" stuff baked in, plus they actually make a purple energy blade stick out of themselves, so thats a bonus.

Guys, What do I waste the rest of my gold on? I've got the weapon and armour down. myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1043146

One of the kits for lot of misc items
Curiosities
Trinkets

Pesh and concubines

Inflict spells have always held a special place in my heart.
Is there a viable Inflict spell build? If not what are some other funtime "bad touch" things? Pls no magus, though other things that basically copy the magus are fine i just have an irrational aversion to playing the magus, even though it seems like a cool class. Dread maybe?

Clerics and shamans make solid bad touchers. Witches too. Arguably anti-paladins and if you use damnation feats you can make a solid intimidation builds that are kinda like bad touches.

I've heard Spiritualists are actually bad touch classes and their phantoms are meant to aid them in delivering touch spells rather than being eidolon knockoffs as they appear to be. Do you know anything about that?

Not really. I have not checked out the occult classes.

Is a Horse a waste of shekels?

Concubine will carry your loads better, trust me

Not girl loads user.

Yes and no. A horse specifically is not necessarily needed, but a pack animal or something to ride on is often good.

With the money you have however, a wagon and one-two animals (depending on size) to pull it is the superior choice. Your entire party will be able to ride on the wagon and it will serve as an excellent place to store your equipment and loot. You should also have room in it for proper sleeping equipment like tents etc, not just a bedroll. Your rank in handle animal does mean you also might be able to purchase some guard dogs or something and train them to guard your wagon whilst you are in dungeons or whatever, they might not do much to a villain but they should be able to keep animals and level 1 npc bandits away from your shit and thanks to scent can be a decent warning for invisible folks. So i reccomend a big fucking wagon, a couple of guard dogs, an oxen or some horses to pull the wagon, cooking, cleaning and sleeping supplies + if you want to really show off hire some people to take care of the wagon for you, maybe they can cook for your party, hide the wagon, clean the blood off all your gear, help you get into your armor or whatever it is you need hirelings to do.

Besides that, GET SOME FUCKIN POTIONS. LIKE 1k GOLD WORTH. Healing, buffing, i dont care but GET EM. Potion of protection from evil, oil of magic weapon, potion of bulls strength, potion of remove fear, potion of blur, potion of lesser restoration and potion of hide from undead are some good choices depending on what you think you will fight.

I prefer 2 - 4 oxen and a wagon.

Not if it opens you to more roleplay! Is it an important horse?

Sure. Pulling a carriage with his buddy, he'll keep the character nice and relaxed.

Diabolist whose imp familiar and imp companion are Statler and Waldorf; good idea, or terrible idea?

What is the highest strength creature that can bleed and isn't immune to mind affecting? I want to abuse the hell out of Blood Money.

Great Blue Whale, 50 strength, just buff its strength by 1 and free wish.

Maybe, I don't know. Can you repeat the question?

The formatting of the words on that image is nauseating.

I've looked at these reasonable suggestions and decided that a Mithril Flambard would actually really be cool. How dumb is that?

If i have both weapon finesse and fury's fall would i add double my dex to trip/disarm attempts or did that one errata thing fuck this?
You can afford some of those things AND a Mithril Flambard. Are you proficient with a Flambard?

I can swap out a feat so that I am, see myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1043146

I have 3300GP to play with and I'm going to want a breastplate too, so it's pretty tight.

I gotta ask, why the Flambard?
Is the mental image of a slightly wavy greatsword that important?

How do you have 38 HP at level 3?

The fucking soulgem section; good fucking job Forrest.

Do soulbound armor/weapons stack or overwrite things like Adamantine? Do they transfer their bonuses to ammunition if you have, say, a crossbow?

... Given how Discipline Blade Shapes works, does this mean you could load a stack of soulstones in as "ammunition", and just have to pick up the soulstones afterwards (the "arrows" would have been destroyed either way) to get a few shots this way?

Rune of Protection: What about instant death spells? Does that trigger as well, or does only damage activate it?

There's two or three options adding profane damage to your pulse but none that add sacred. Tieflings grant profane, but Aasimar are a flight boost?

Well, still waiting on a better barrage for now, but what's been added is good stuff.

My only guess is he rolled high.

d10 HP + 2 con per level = MAXIMUM (all tens rather than average) 36 at level 3.

>Avowed has a soulgem section

Wait what, seriously? Shit, now I feel like I have to see this. The o ly question is: are there Soulbound constructs? If not, Alice Margatroid Avowed when?

Because I couldn't afford a Mithril Great-Sword on account of the weight. A Flambard is lighter though, so it's only 3000 rather than 5000. She's a skinny girl so a Mithril weapon makes more sense in terms of fluff, I think it fits Shattered Mirror's theme too.

While it doesn't specify constructs the ability it gives intelligent items is to give them the mental stats they had in life for free.

So uh yeah, stick one in a golem or something?

Favoured Class Bonuses for extra HP. Should probably have put them down somewhere.

People really like that sort of stuff, user.

It's why my character wears an Armored Coat when he could afford a Breastplate.

He's got d10 HD +6 from con. He'd have to have rolled 3 10s and then put 2 FCB into it as well.
If you're playing with max HP then those 2 FCB would probably be better spent for the Warlord. Toughness is one feat that's equivalent to putting all of your FCBs into HP.

See, i would just get a breastplate and wear a coat over it in that case.

That's still no more than 3. This implies HP was 10/10/9.
Suspicious unless GM allowed max or declared "half the die round down every level but get the +10 from 20 levels of fractions right at level 1 to compensate for rustydagger shanktown"

He could've retrained the HP.

But that's a silly thing to do, user. Surcoat? Sure. But an Armored Coat over a Breastplate just sounds bulky and odd.

At level 3? Look at their finances, it obviously wasn't done.

Yeah, no, that's been fixed now. It's 28. Half/HP per level is how we're doing it apparently.

You should still be getting the Warlord FCB. Spend one feat on toughness for the equivalent of spending all of your FCBs on HP, and still end up with two feats to spare.

I have seen posts about people running RotJR (Rise of the Jade Reagent) and I am interested in this concept.

Do people generally run these two campaign back-to-back with slow progression, or have people made an amalgam of the two?

It's the first book of RotR, introducing the characters and giving you a reason to care about them, into Jade Regent.

Book 1 of RotRL, then all of JR after a timeskip.

Thanks!

Is this supposed to be better than RotRL? I am about to start GMing it.

In this case it's talked about mostly because of the chargen rules being loose enough for silly builds. Honestly, as much fun as those rules are, they're kind of exhausting to work with.

It's... Not necessarily better, it just has a more entertaining first arc to get people invested in things. You doing it for a home group?

So, y'all ready for the legendary kineticists 2 playtest?

It's not better or worse, it's just the sort of thing that /pfg/ wants to play. People here really like Jade Regent because it's Weebs and Waifus, but for the most part they don't like the entrance into the AP, which is what Burnt Offerings is meant to smooth over.

No, we need more mead first.

Guess I'll push it back another week then.

Or you could give us more mead.

You won't have to push anything if you just got us more mead.

SIKE!

After FAR too much stalling, the Legendary Kineticists II playtest is finally live!

docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

For this one, we're going to doll things out as the playtest rolls along (which is scheduled for 4 weeks), as there's some things we'd like to give more time to incubate. But we have quite a few things that we'd like to go over for you all!

Nihilcist: We've done so much with elements that this time we're making a non element; something that fights with pure nothingness.

Onslaught Sniper: People have been talking about a DBZ level blaster for a while, and the onslaught sniper should give them exactly what they want here with a flurry of blasts!

Bestial Kineticist: Now it's not only players who can get on the kinetic fun, it's their animal companions too!

Elemental Bomber: Know what's about as fun as bombs? Stuffing kinetic energy into them and chucking them at people!

Legendary Kineticists: Consider this your unchained kineticists, with the edits that Team KOP would make to the class to make it a more dynamic experience as well as solve issues with which we've had with the class since the inception.

Kinetic VMC: We enjoy VMC over here, and this should hopefully let other players get involved with the kinetic fun even if they're not willing to take the class (pro tip: use this with the legendary kineticist in regards to burn for best results).

Kinetic Mystic: Finally a theurge style prestige class for magic and kinetics!

All that and a ton more in the new Legendary Vigilantes II playtest, and be sure to comment either on the doc or in the thread about issues and such you have so we can address them ASAPossible! Thanks, and have a great playtest!

Jade Regent is a pretty great AP even without the weeb and waifu, it's a proper romp through Golarion.

I'm still reeling from tryig to read through the first one and understand the hot mess that is the kineticist, and you're asking me if I'm ready to playtest a book for it? I'll give it the ol' college try, but I already have a headache.

Unrelated, but I only just now realized Mercurial Duelist should have gotten an AoE slash talent of some sort suggested, fug.

...yeah, it really should have.

And the Kineticist is a big old mess of crazy, hopefully the legendary one that's included here will be less of a headache.

Yeah, I am running for a group of friends.

As for chargen rules, I gave my players free reign with Paizo products. I have a kitsune rogue/future arcane trickster, a fetchling celestial sorcerer, a gnome gunslinger, a halfling monk and a race-to-be-determined shaman healer.

That might actually fit a few of my players.

I already went and bought the hard cover RotRL anniversary edition, so it probably isn't worth it to me to do that.

Maybe during a 2nd Legendary Vigilantes book you can toss some more talents in for it. You can probably get it done before I'll ever get a chance to play one anyway.

Hilariously, the thing that got me looking at kineticist to begin with was looking at gestalting it with a Mercurial Duelist, with a conductive weapon. Was trying to see how much damage I could load on a single non-crit slash, and singleclassed I only got 300~ at 20 with the maximized damage. Figured maybe Kineticist could add some utility and damage to that.

You can get the entire Jade Regent AP in pdf form from the trove. Alog with any other books you'd want.

Also, the chargen rules /pfg/ means are the ones the "main" RotJr pitch was using, which were likely FAR more generous than what you were using. Which isn't necessary, mind you, they're just fun to play with.

I have 2 ideas for Starfinder, so rate this for me.

I want to include/create a Large race that is capable of interstellar travel on its own. While they'll have more normalish movement abilities on land, they can also move around in Zero G and hit pretty high speeds. I think it would be interesting to have one PC also be a cross between an X-Wing and a Landspeeder.

The other thing that I thought of was that the Rodentfolk race would be a good stand in for a Pokémon race. Based on the comments, it seems they're going to go with a quirky to LOLSORANDUM race, but if you remember that most 'Mons are on the short side, it would be easy enough to refluff Rogues as Zoroarks and Monks as Lucario, etc.

One thing that might help is it now appears compatible as a weapon group (long as you don't need it specifically wielded like maybe mithral current) with not just feats. You should be able to grant the attack forms bonuses such as damage stances now.

That might have fixed it. Just quickly running some numbers:
Let's say you've gotten to BAB 15. Tiefling for +6 profane per hit with any pulse, +8 from Deadly Aim. We're kind of on the low side so we'll use Martial Training and WGA to grab Elemental Flux without feeling bad: Our GM refuses to answer about making the pulses bigger if they're weapons, so we'll stick to Air and Fire for +3d6 or +IMod(we can get that to +5 by 20th) flat ten to every hit.
We've also grabbed weapon specialization just to make sure.

We are now at 10d8+9+6(pf)+3d6(elec) averaging 70 per hit. On a triple barrage that's 210. Not very impressive but If you're allowed Silver Boots on Barrage (wording not 100%, seems to, but maybe not) then we're looking at 280 with probable secondary effects.

While this becomes viable with the boots, this IS at the far end of optimization, so it's a little lacking, but we can clearly see that the change in wording to allow "abilities and effects" has fixed a large portion of the scaling issue.

It just needs to close the gap a tiny bit more against things like Rounds/Channel, but it's now in the realm of "possible", which is a big step forward, and with all the secondary effects loaded onto it (in this case possible disarms/etc from tempest on at least the first shot, AND a modulation type rolled several times) we can say it's now in the ballpark

1.) Kind of weird, but could be interesting.

2.) Very weird, and really not that interesting.

Honestly I'd play the fuck out of a fighter-scale bioship.

>Pic more related than one might first think looking at it......

I omitted the word "armored" intentionally.

Still silly, why would I be wearing a coat over the breastplate when the coat should be under it?

Alright, thanks for that. I don't know if I should make them Biological or Mechanical, or just some weird Magitek creatures though. Is there any type of Lore you'd like, or should it be kept obscure?

>Throwing PCs against the Bydo
Hello campaign.

>Nihil Damage
What about objects and the like? Are you incapable of taking the existence away from objects?

Alright, I'm going to start a maneuver master/underfoot adept halfling monk, with aim to go into druid to get wild shaping, self buffing etc and tripping the shit out of everybody.

Is it better to use everyman gaming's unchained monk archetypes or simply use the regular monk?

That sounds uncomfortable and honestly at that point a gambeson fills the same role, with much more style and practicality.

Why is /pfg/ so fucking weebish? You guys use anime girl art for your OPs all the goddamn time, and whenever anyone brings up a character concept it's for some stupid-ass anime nobody's heard of - and what's better? When someone posts a non-weeb concept or art, you guys seem shocked! Shocked!

>Animal companion archetype
>It actually looks pretty fun, and might even make some of the shittier animals useable

Shit, Jolly, how the fuck do you manage to have so many good ideas. Companion creatures desperately need more archetype support, now I can only hope to see more of those from you.
Makes me want to go back and try hashing out Promethean Alchemist stuff again.

Because its located on a website that was made by a teenager who wanted to jack off to pictures of asuka.