>Question of the day
See next post

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c4/16/c41672be-a776-443a-8e35-49a3f581f603/adn_tournament_regulations_v113_text_version.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (requires build)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site.

Check out the WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Other urls found in this thread:

netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/32767/sol-nashibushi-no-samurai-swedish-anr-co-lab-
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Question of the day
Rebirth is an incredible tool to switch IDs with non-interactive abilities to something more useful in the match up but...
Is it healthy for the meta to have the ID balance thrown out in favour of Early Game abilities and then switched to something else more useful in the late game?

Also last thread:

There are worse examples of meta-breaking cards compared to that situational one-off card, which you have to find in the first place to even use, and it isn't always useful all the time (except for Val I guess?).

I think Rebirth is balanced by a few things:
1. There aren't too many IDs that have an obvious early game advantage. Andromeda and Whizzard are the biggies, and both are rotating. There's also Valencia, but the deck size kind of makes up for it.

2. If you're building a deck aiming for a Rebirth, then you won't be as optimized as a deck that focuses on using a single ID, since you need it to work with both IDs. While not impossible, switching IDs has to be pretty jarring, atleast to some degree.

3. Rebirth is also a 1-of, so if your deck relied on firing it atleast once, you'd have to take into account the cases where you don't get the chance to Rebirth.

That said, Andromeda into Iain/anything is notable though since you don't lose anything if you Rebirth, compared to Whizzard where you'll likely miss those 3 free credits per turn. On hindsight though, it does make the flavour for On the Lam a tad more interesting.

Thougts on Cold Read?
People seem to be using it as a Stimhack to trash servers against Asset Spam. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but it seems kind of like a waste.

I think it's okay -the two non-rotating IDs it works best with have fairly large limitations.

Once Blackmail and Andromeda cycle out then I think it'll be totally fine, but even now it's alright

Using it with the heap breakers seems good, since they're relatively unaffected by the program trash.

Bump

What's the best New Angeles Sol deck you've seen? I'm trying to build one based on Sol Man - 1st/3rd Store Champs (netrunnerdb), but it's hard to tweak it to my own style.

I like that. Gives the card versatility, so it's strictly speaking less powerful than a Stimhack on its own, but opens different options. Especially with support - adds credits to your Net Mercur for one.

Without going about the potential for breaking things, does anyone feels like the card is right now having a negative impact on the game? If so, I haven't felt it myself. Hasn't been a massive adoption of the card, and if there's been a homogenization of decks, I certainly wouldn't blame that card for it.

>it does make the flavour for On the Lam a tad more interesting.

Hadn't thought about it that way. Nice one.

Drawing a blank. I'm trying to think of one I particularly enjoyed playing with or against, and nothing comes to mind really... nothing memorable at least.

Couple of kill decks... there's that guy that has been trying to get a sol tax deck going for a while, going glacier I kinda like the idea of it. Weyland cards to get free Consulting Visits for current tutoring, several one off currents to tailor the deck to the opponent, Salem and his Hospitality to get cards off grip... didn't work well enough, but I hope he soldiers on.

MkUltra being 2 to install makes this seem reasonable. Kind makes it feel like a green Dirty Laundry with a bit more utility since you get the credits up front.

Was thinking... as much as I like, and am certainly going to try to build (again), that thing... how much the new trash from the stack cards is going to work in Weyland, rather than elsewhere ? (Power Unleashed looking like it could be to this what Tennin has been for advance-able ICE...)

>the new trash from the stack cards
What cards?

Clyde Van Rite and Bloodletter... I thought I remembered a third one, but seems like I was wrong (or maybe I just misfiled Chiyashi).

Anyway, I really liked the Underway plays, and really want to make that thing work for Weyland, so I think I'll be back at it in a few months...

Just occurred to me: while we were all looking for out of faction combinations: Bryan Stinson allows you to play Success for one click... trouble is, you also ignore the agenda cost so it's all for nothing... Damn.

Depends on what you're looking to get out of it I think. If you're looking to mill the runner, PU is strictly better, especially since there's even more net damage sources being released. If you just want to maybe snipe some stuff from the stack that might help with your other plans within Weyland however, it works just fine. PU doesn't really have a reason to import those cards either.

Ah, yeah, don't know how impactful the guy will be, but he looks cool at least - also I'd put good money on him being a maglev baron, just look at the guy

Well, either that, or one of the Earth-funded and born high-level Martian politicians, who get on as well as you'd expect with the Martians themselves - no-one likes being ruled over by guys from far far away with no connection to the people

Also he comes in the Station One pack - Station One is aparently the primary hub for Bradbury Railway Co.’s mag-lev inductracks, and is crucial to the distribution of food, fuel, and raw materials across the resource-starved cities and nodes of Mars

Given how the corp plays its money, anyone else thinking the "Terminal" on IPO is somewhat nonsensical? Apart from immediately putting that money into operations and operation-bound traces (which isn't nothing, but isn't really central either), is there any other impact this has?

I suppose more support cards like Student Loans is where it's going to be...

Stock Buyback is also a Terminal.

Maybe they're overestimating how useful Bryan Stinson will be. I mean, a Stinsoned Restructure, Restructure, Hedge Fund is a 39 credit gain, which is nothing to scoff at, especially in a Sandburg deck. The restriction for using him is pretty crippling though.

Speaking of the money conditions, I'm slightly surprised we don't have cards that trigger of off your own credit pool instead of your opponent's.

>I'm slightly surprised we don't have cards that trigger of off your own credit pool instead of your opponent's.
Aren't Sandburg and Corp War like the only ones?

Also kind of surprised that we didn't see more like Financial Collapse that count above an amount of cash - of the few that care at all about how much money the runner has, all but one are "below [low amount]" which kinda sucks with how rich runners are

>Also kind of surprised that we didn't see more like Financial Collapse

Been waiting for those all cycle. After Financial Collapse was announced, I expected more options to finally hamper the high liquidity runner plan, which at least as far as I'm concerned has been dominant for a long while.

And nope really, seems like it was a one off, while the low liquidity (BP/link focused or otherwise) that has been mostly secondary was more targeted.

Seems weird.

SNARES TIME

I... I... don't know what I expected, really.

Runner dog deck vs runner birb deck????
Corp dog vs corp birb deck???

Corp dog deck vs Runner bird deck. I want to see that match.
In fact, that's a thematic deck I want to build.

Both!

(Not many birds corp side, they prefer snakes)

How balanced would be an ID with that ability? Obviously with less influence. Maybe 12.

Been a while. hopefully still having a grand time.

Way too good I think. Targets a basic action, making it invariably better by a magnitude, build agnostic.

Now; "the first time you draw a card each turn, you may draw another and shuffle one of the two back back in your stack"... probably wouldn't be loved, but name it Nero and it would make sense....

Hadrian and Data Raven, any more?

netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/32767/sol-nashibushi-no-samurai-swedish-anr-co-lab-

This was fun

Thoth, Archangel

It's a no commitment turn 1 Patron. It would be undeniably good, probably enough that it would replace Andy as the most used Criminal ID. I don't know if it would be overpowered though, since it would still depend on the deck itself.

Not sure archangel counts

Not sure if this would be really good or really crap against the Nexus Link runners decks around now

This shit is golden. You're not restricted to use the credits on programs, unlike other stealths, and you can use it in any credit-sink you can think of.

Even if you run on a central with ice on it, unless it is a sentry you can simply choose to let the run end after using your creds.

What's better, this or Sensie union?

Sensies.

I did think Sensie was compulsory, so would have said DBS, but I recently learned it was entirely optional - DBS is good, but Sensie is even better.

Does make me wonder if Showing Off might be a cool meta choice against NBN

If you have Medium or 3x RND Interfaces, 1x Showing Off is a good card anyway.

If only currents didn't get trashed by agenda score... would be funny to see someone finally get three ICE on an ABT and only be able to install one.

Sensie is a must trash, Daily Business Show is what I call an itch card. Optimally, the runner would want it out, but no one's ever quite sure how much the trade off is worth, thus whether scratching is more damaging than soothing.

bump

That's why I suggested the Conundrum.

What would be the optimal deck for such current?

Bypass-threatening anti-rush, with loads of ICE trashing to keep the corp in early game state.

If you can get that current going turn one while the corp has no ICE on remote, and you have a credible bypass plan, it means the corp needs to wait one more turn before trying for a rush score (and if you're playing expose, the corp can't bait). For that strat, at that point in the game that's not trivial.

Several wrenches thrown in that plan - one big being Howard... but then there's also the lack of synergy with derezz tactics, the state of the corp game - if only for a big period of time the over reliance on protection upgrades...

I've used it in Apex to some amusing results, but as nice as it can be, too unreliable. For one influence I'd rather have Corporate Scandal that is more consistent and more powerful when it hits the right target.

All in all, since since I'm going for jank anyway, I think I'll slot it in my next Silhouette/Blackguard deck (on that note, trashing Muertos Gang Member during Run Amok? shine on you crazy diamond)

I made a deck with 3x Run Amok and played it for a month back during its release. I never got to actually use the card.
Chatterjee Uni on the other hand was amazing.

Really? In some decks I played it could prove an absolutely devastating card (try building that remote out of bypass range... just try).

Cant wait to try if with Blackguard. Not going a kille deck, but I reckon I'll be having a lot of fun.

I'll had, to be fair, i had for the longest time difficulties in making it anything but a bypass in orange.

Really, the card just never got to my grip, and when it did, I already had a good lock with programs like D4v1d, Yog and Morningstar and I just didn't had a chance to play it.