Horus Heresy General /hhg/

On The First Day of Battle Edition
My Emperor gave to me Sub-Edtion
How much artillery is too much? In the last thread we found the answer, opportunistic screeching and power rakes/bingo sheets were posted, we discussed the BA's pimp cup, a Poison Huffer posted his minis, don't use Defilers as proxies for Leviathans, and armor autism kills me. All of this plus much more >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FIRST FOR THE EMPEROR, BOW DOWN BEFORE YOUR RIGHTFUL RULER BITCHES.

Iron Within, Iron Without!

Thanks m88, especially for the image.
Say, what's /HHG/'s opinion on 30kmemes?

shouldnt we be getting some teasers about Inferno models by now?

Dubs confirm.
>Say, what's /HHG/'s opinion on 30kmemes?
I'm not against them so long as they're not spammed and ran into the ground. It really depends on the meme in question.

>Custodes
>SoS
>Russ
>Caladius
>Porphyrin knight or whatever the fuck
Yes?

Maybe we'll get some teasers about yet more delays soon :^)

It's christmas. Usually times like these don't get new releases but group deals or promotions to get rid of stock.

>Some autist who thought he managed to steal power from the real gods and didn't care about his own creations
>Rightful ruler

lmao

how about something for the actual legions involved?

>Implying anyone gives a shit about TSons and SWolves

Or at least other legions needing models.

Shut the fuck up. Don't you fucking jinx it.

>Cosmic emotionally parasitic space molluscs
>real gods
Pick one.

Eh, gives me excuse not to spend money or paint.

T h i s : ^ )
The fluff, however, I do wish the Inferno will set matters straight at long last. I usually like FW fluff and I don't want this to be the exception.
The Inferno will be the final word and it will settle all issues.

I wouldn't call them mollusks. They're more like autistic children who are somehow master drug dealers.

>Treating some IRL chaos cultist rantings as canon

Don't expect much until January.

This has not been a great year for FW and they had to slow things down compared to what they hoped to do.

> russ released before he even has actual rules
> upgrade kits
> TS contemptor

Didn't a bunch of the modelers get injured in a car accident?

Here's to a better 2017.

Nooo nononono!
It is a fact people are more prone to suffer car accidents on december. Everyone, be safe this christmas and new year! Remember you must survive to thread again!

The whole prospero being a systemic purge rumor is the big point of contention since communication blockade of that magnitude is very hard to swallow

Reminder that Pert invented Cyclone Launchers as Fulmentarii are Girlyman seeing a thing and saying" Hey this is kinda cool."

Again, what is this anime? I heard someone said it was perfect for Black Library references. I want to see for myself.

>perry brothers with cannon arms intensify

What is a good HQ option for a Cybernetica army that is not:
- Archmagos Dominus
- Scoria

I'm having a tough thinking of how to make an HQ fit into a Cybernetica force.

What's the matter with the Dominus?

So everyone says that Collected Visions is awesome, is there a pdf of it? I don't see in the linked libraries at the top.

Sataraeeeeel. You know who that Inar Satarael is or does? He died once, said he was sick of that shit and decided to come back.

Satarael is pretty nice, he allows you to take Cyber-Occularis at full capacity, gives what few vehicles you may have IWND, boosts reserves, has LD10 Cybertheurgy, is nice and tough and denys Slay the Warlord and any other points that the enemy might get for killing him on a 3+, including the D3 for Cortex Control removal.

He's basically everything you want in a HQ unit for Cybernetica in one man, only thing lacking is Eternal Warrior.

Take Satarael or make an Archmagos Myrmidax/Ordinator to go with your Magos Dominus.

I remember seeing it in one of them. Maybe look at 40k General OP as well. I got it somewhere (on top of having the physical book).

4 Deathshrouds with Praetor in a Phobos or 6 with Praetor on foot?

>including the D3 for Cortex Control removal.
I knew the not Slay the Warlord thing, but this one too? I thought you lost D3 as long as your Controllers got removed form the field. And his "corpse" does teleport back home.
Video of his not-invuln reflector save.
youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc

P H O B O S
H
O
B
O
S

I heard someone's jealous of my *remixed screeching*

Such conduct is unbecoming of a memer of the Seventh Legion

G money obviously had a lot of respect for pert's ideas, even if he didn't agree with his methods.

Dude doesn't discriminate if you have something to offer.

Just leaving this here...

So what do you guys think of the Porphyrion? I'm considering slapping one into my Salamanders or Word Bearers.

Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya, a (mostly) more upbeat magical girl spin off of the Fate franchise.

But really what you want for Black Library references is any anime series where a character is into dude on dude, politely referred to as Boy's Love or, topically, BL.

It says "Any Victory Points" so it includes the D3 if he was the last Controller in your army. Seeing as he is hard as nails, that's fairly likely.
I just have a massive tech-boner for Cyber-Occularis, so I take pretty much any opportunity to nab some.
They do so much good it is unreal.

My rule is If enemy has Primarch, Scoria.
If enemy does not have Primarch, Inar Satarael

>spin off of the Fate franchise.
Dammit, there's like 3+ Fate stay/night/to go/hold the pickles series, I don't even know how to tackle that.

Sup /hhg/, I've got a question about which paint to use as a primer. A friend recommended for an off white to use Rakarth Flesh as a base coat, wash with Nuln Oil, and layer with Pallid wych flesh and white scar. What do you think would be the bes color primer for it? Corax White, The Mechanicus Grey, chaos black, or should i use one of the primer brands talked in the prior thread?

Every time I think hearing about anima can't disgust me anymore it suprises me yet again.

Stay Night, Unlimited Blade Works, and Heaven's Feel are three different versions of the same timeline based off which girl the MC is going to stick his dick into.

Zero is a prequel to those three.

Kaleid Liner has no relation other than using established characters. It's pretty much just AU Fanfiction.

Carnival Phantasm is a non-cannon slice of life comedy series. Pic related.

Which one is where Osaka pleases older men for money? I mean it was a joke...right?

All of them.

It's a joke. Her sex scene in the original game is the best representation of awkward virgin sex I think I've ever seen.

Not sure if that's surprising or unsurprising given how horribly written the sex scenes are.

Absolutely not the black spray.

None of them. We all knew that she prefers to please pretty girls and sword autists anyway.

>tfw you suddenly find yourself in /a/ for no fault of your own

To be honest, I was going to ask you guys about the DT restriction of Coils of the Hydra for Veterans, what Rhinos meant for a power sword squad and where to put a Delegatus, but I pretty much answered these questions myself.
Thanks, I guess.

What about you, user? Got anything 30k on your mind?

Wondering whether to start Mechanicum with my Xmas money, or buy the Knight I need to finish my War Convocation and wait till Imperial Armour 14 is released so i can get stuff that works in both. Leaning towards the latter, seeing as I can't get a huge amount on a budget.

Kek. Good one
>totally not saving this for when a certain curzefag acts up again

Mainly just chugging along with painting my dudes. Over half of them are painted now, the end is in sight !

(S)he'll split into two and chase both husbandos

Trying to decide whether I like the Porphyrion enough to buy one and if I do, which house to paint it as.

I'll split her in two with a free chainaxe.

>Self-replicating curzefags
By the Emperor, we'd need two Unis.

Well, it's a pretty nitty gritty system

Was deathwing a thing in the heresy?

Yes. There were actually six different Wings in the First Legion, which were basically prototypes for the specialities of future Legions. Only the two we know of survived past the Battle of Caliban.

What give it? Ceramite and frag launchers?

I'm reading the new Carcharadon short from the advent today

Theres a character called the Pale Nomad.

Theres a part where the sharks are standing in silence to the humans but they hear clicking of vox transmitters as the marines have a private convo in their helms. its super eerie and i love it,

>‘The concept of individual honour is a dead thing,’ Te Kahurangi replied, quoting from Beyond the Veil of Stars. ‘It is a lie invented by arrogant men to excuse their own foolhardiness.’

love it

It's very important those Deathshroud use those Manreaperslike the Power Scythes they are instead of like unwieldy Power axes. So unless they have Move through cover from the Reaping their LR either has Frag Assault launchers or you avoid difficult terrain.

So have any of their novels confirmed or denied that Carcharadons returning Raven Guard legionnaires who were exiled by Corax on those Predation Fleets?

How are veterans with marksmen and heavy bolters while the rest get power weapons? Aiming them to be more anti robots and anti troops.

Should any take combi weapons?

So why were the humans hostile? They were genestealers, right?

It's basically a public secret by now, like the identity of the green Knight in WHFB

Don't we already know Arkhal Fal is THE Pale Nomad, commander (and Legion master) of the Pale Nomads chapter from where most of the Deliverers hail, since HH3?

I think it's pretty safe to say Carcharodons are 100% confirmed caw caw successors.

Not that it was still unclear, but I know a few people that insisted they were actually loyalist Night Lords.

Also, link?

Move Through Cover acts like frag grenades in assault?

I mean just add an S to his name
Sharkas Fal, the Pale nomad.

How about this ->
Am I the only one seeing it?

Honestly, plasma guns will probably get more work done for you than heavy bolters. I really don't understand why nobody seems to put them on veterans.

Is plasma still worth using with marksmen?

I play Imperial Fists, so BS 5, Sniper Heavy Bolters are pretty alright. Since they're Assault weapons thanks to suspensor webs both HBs can fire out of the Rhino's fire points while the squad stays safe and sound until they get to whereever they need to get out. A unit of Imperial Fists Veteran Tacticals with two HBs deal more wounds against MEQ than a unit of 20 Tacticals from another legion. They're pretty darn useful.

Yes, but it works against the benefits of the rule.
You'll already wound almost all the time and already hit at AP2.
A question I'm wondering about is how Sniper works with template and blast weapons of the squad.

Always thought that was a weird rule interaction, that some stuff gets less lethal with sniper. Anyway, yeah, I'd say so. AP2 is brilliant, especially in a marine-heavy environment like 30k.

But don't discount xenobane and combiplasmas if you're thinking of going after robots. It's one shot, but it's mighty effective.

Alright, but are they still worth it on the 17 legions that don't get bonuses to bolter weapons?

No it doesn't, who told you that ?

With template and blast weapons, Sniper means any to wound roll of 6 is AP 2. Because headshots with FWOOSH and shrapnel are a thing I guess ...

This short is rife with shoutouts to pale nomad fluff. Its dripping with references.

I really think that the terran XIX are the 'ancestors'. Over time the Sharks have changed, blended gene seed, and 'as-is' arent terran XIX, but are definitely direct descendants. So to say the Sharks are a different Chapter of RG isnt accurate. The Terran XIX were never proper RG, they were terran XIX. The are descended from them, but they are a new entity now, which is where a lot of people get confused.

"They have X and Y, that makes them Z!"

Well not exactly. Ashen claws steal Night Lords stock to blend and keep operational. That doesnt make them Night Lords, Night lords is a culture. Ashen Claws arent even Raven Guard. They are Terran descended renegades called the Ashen Claws with XIX, and now VIII gene stock, probably XIII stock too. We know they raided ultras like the night lords, there just isn't a 'lore excerpt' that says it specifically in book 6 like there is for the NL stock.

>loyalist Night Lords
Nobody whos read enough, and isnt opinionated, actually believes that. It is either shitposting or people who dont have enough information/dont understand/refuse the obvious.

Here's another excerpt:
>‘You think the Void Father cares if we wait an hour or two?’ Strike Veteran Dorthor rumbled. ‘We must follow protocol. The Edicts of Exile were not issued by the Forgotten One in vain.’

Void Father is probably emps, another time they ask who rules this world in 'The Void Fathers Name'. Forgotten one is probably Fal, maybe even corax. Hell it could be Malcador. They did have ancient orders from terra, and Malcador is all but forgotten to time. Malcador did like his clandestine operations.

Its the name of the chief librarian in the short. might be an honorary name too. The culture has some similarities to terran XIX xetric tribe roots, the use of axes, their demeanor, but it has evolved over time and is all about V O I D.

its me again, i forgot they talk about the "Blindess" and it is exactly like the Sable Brand/Ash Blindness from HH3

So Carcharodons are like Space Wolves now, instead of WOLFWOLFWOLF it's VOIDVOIDVOID

>No it doesn't, who told you that ?
>"It's very important those Deathshroud use those Manreaperslike the Power Scythes they are instead of like unwieldy Power axes. So unless they have Move through cover from the Reaping their LR either has Frag Assault launchers or you avoid difficult terrain."

Sounds awfully lot like either get MTC or frag launchers, so that I won't be swinging at I1.

Ha nothing will ever match the sheer amount of WOLF the SWs have. But the Void theme is deeply embedded alongside predator motifs, talismans, 'exile' tattoos(which sound like the terran XIX tats). They do sound similar in that renamed a lot of things, Void Father as Emps for example.

They also follow the Ashen Claws and Predation Fleet protocols, 'recruit' from worlds forcibly.

They were rebels. The Sharks didnt care. Presumably from the intro they got a notice saying 'hey investigate this' and used that as a guise to recruit/induct the planets population as a Red Tithe aka the title of the upcoming shark novel.

So what were they investigating?

an imperial tithe ship went missing from the system

Why do regular tacs have the sniper rule

I derped.

That's good then, but are Heavy Bolter vet squads worth it in the first place compared to plasma guns, missile launchers and the other options?

Whoops srry. Get frag launchers

Thanks For the Void Tales, should be cool to do a vengeance is ruin/HoR Pale Nomads Team.

They seem very pure in Form and Function and have good work ethics.

Right-o.

Intuitively blast templates and scattering make this a lot more difficult to calculate. Basically if you're good with scatter dice then plasma are worth more by a long shot, and plasma allows you to threaten a wider range of targets (terminators, light armour, etc.) Gets Hot isn't too, too scary as each shot has a 5.55% chance of killing the firing model. High enough that it'll happen regularly (once a game at least) but low enough that you'll still earn the points back by dropping a blast template onto a fat squad of Tacticals where regardless of the scatter you're going to murder some traitors.

Let's not forget that Heavy Bolters allowing you to assault means that they do have something to justify their 5 points extra cost over plasma guns. Though they do seem to be less effective in pure shooting than the sniper Heavy Bolters, being allowed to charge means you add a bunch more S4 attacks on top of all the damage youv'e done in the shooting round.