Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

We Didn't Know We Were Masochists Until We Tried To Love The Fluff edition

Previous Thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar poetry is shit):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/40K_The_Rules_v1.1_Dec16.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is it actually possible to have sex with a techpriest?

The answer is maybe. You're going to have to play Clinton here a bit (Bill, not Hill) and define "sex." People have tried to fuck machines since before they had tits, so you'll have to set goalposts.

1)Is it possible to make a techpriest girl pregnant?
2)Is it possible to give a techpriest girl pleasure with her fleshy or metal bits?

It depends entirely on the current construction of the tech-girl herself.

Ciaphas Cain, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM, got it on with a Techpriestess...

Book name. Now.

I'm trying to make a 1500 list for Thousand Sons. I don't think this is very competitive (or ever will be without Magnus) but I wanted to try making one at least.

Honestly just take a CAD.

I did a Chris Cringle at my Flgs, and got a droppod!
And ideas how what chapter? Gonna ally them with my valhallans.

Is +1 STR worth filling out a kakophoni for?

As long as there aren't 8/3 pies flying about sure.

>Make some cool fluff about my Necron Dynasty
>Basically made them lovers of mounted warfare and speed, were primarily entertainers
>Irl mate said that the 3 important characters: OL, Dest Lord and Cryptek, were like the Pillar Men from JJBA
I dunno if i should be mad or not

We must find whoever is responsible for these general thread images and stop them.

It one faggot who just browses DA and slaps the Aquila on it.

I want to make my jump infantry have beautiful wings instead of jet packs, to reflect slaanesh gifting them with pretty mutations.

Is this feasible?

Dark Eldar scourges or BA are your friends.

well, both JoJo and Necron's are known for their appreciation of the male body. it's not wrong to have well built metal dudes around. no homo

Death or Glory, her name was Felicia Tayber.

Ok, what is the rule that says either you nominate what weapons you're firing at the same time, or your weapons are considered firing at the same time?

I'm trying to put a stop to the "Well I'll shoot these weapons first BEFORE I fire my Ordnance weapon, so they don't fire snap shots" bullshit. What actually prevents that?

>Phaeron is focussed on expanding the Empire that all his ancestors failed to make great, wishes to surpass the Silent King
>Dest Lord is basically a killbot, but fighting the White Scars with races and warfare made him have a small regaining of personality
>Cryptek is totally behind the Phaeron's plan and is often found looking for new data to help in his goal (as well as experimenting on all the new species that have popped up)

Am I being unimaginative, or does the Imperial Agents codex seem... meh.

I'd rather use Codex: Inquisition for Inquisitorial retinue. Do we know if one invalidates the other?

Another thing to prove that the Abaddon's sword and the daemon from the novel are different things.

The daemon was locked inside a custodes inside the webway. The sword was inside a maze on planet in the eye of terror. Abaddon didn't find no custodes guarding it but found this guy.

The current rule is that both are valid, but if you use one you can't use the other.

What I suspect is that GW wanted to invalidate older codexes with this, but because of general sloppiness and some questionable decisions, fans were pissed.

So they made the bizarre emergency ruling that this codex doesn't invalidate any others.

page 73 in the mini book

vehicles and ordnance weapons. unlike other units, vehicles can move and fire with ordnance weapons. however, a vehicle that fires an ordnance weapon can only make snap shots with it's other weapons that turn. a vehicle that moved at curising speed can still snap shoot ordnance, but of course, cannot fire any ordnance weapon that cannot be fired as snap shots.

it doesn't matter what you shoot first but if you fire ordanance then you snap shot everything else. this also overrides lumbering behemoth

I was kind of excited for this. Now.. not so much. Did I miss something, or is it just a way to sell a hardback of the digital books they've been pushing? The only major change I saw (or was familiar enough with to notice) was that Inquisition warbands are much less interesting now.

Hey Veeky Forums, question,

I'm looking to get back into 40k. Haven't played since 3rd edition. I'm looking to go Nids, even if they're codex is worse than deep-fried dog shit right now.

Thing is, it'd be a lot easier if the model count was low. And while I know this goes against everything the space bugs stand for, is it possible to have a small model count for Nid players?

Shooting phase, a unit fires its weapons in groups. Aka heavy flamer, then all heavy bolters, then the main gun.

Ordnance overrules this on top, making the rest snapshoot no matter the order of operations.

Tldr, tech priests are your friend. Dat POTMS.

Just take a bunch of Carnifex Wings.

How's this? Ignoring any past mistakes.

flyrants, mucloids and mawlocs

low model count is actually our best build

It's not even a 100% accurate copy paste. There are several things left out which are popular, and bizarrely for a book about unifying the factions none of them written particularly well together.

There's a faction in the book that is just two units, a flyer and pilot.

Because it's a separate faction, the only unit in the book that is allowed to start embarked on the transport flyer is the pilot.

Nothing. That's tactics. He's locking himself to a single target though.

wrong

I hate how Agents nerfed inquisition.

Henchmen squads, each an every one, now require an inquisitor AND acolyte tax. You can no longer make tank and spank Crusader+Assassin squads, no more goin-ape.

You can't even take the monkeys in their own squad, they're limited to 1 per Elites with no IC to where you could even attach them to a squad for their special rules. They only function as shitty solo oblits outside of the henchmen squad.

Even the Chimeras got nerfed.

But hey, at least we can summon daemons again, but only if you take a malous inquisitor, since only they get to be radical.

I'll post it again in this thread, a little feedback is appreciated, even telling me it's shit as long as you're specific about it.

OK, I want to start 30k Mechanicum, but I also want to have units I can use in 40k games as well, since the 30k scene round here is not too big as far as I know.

I know there will be 40k rules for the 30k Admech in IA14, so I've decided to wait till then. How do leaks from IA books normally work, do they turn up like the regular ones or am I waiting till March? Also, will it ALL be Cybernetica, or do we have a reasonable shot at getting some of the other stuff?

Hi TG,
Building my first army since 5th ed. What are your thoughts on this setup, I'm using the traitors legions dex. Sorry I haven't got pretty pictures for you. The whole army is battleforged.

So we've had a khorne themed supplement with kdk, and now a new tzeentch themed detachment for CD, when do nurgle and slaanesh get some GW love?

You're likely to get anything that doesn't always have Volkite weapons.

What about troops? Just warriors?

No idea but Slaanesh is probably next up since Noise Marines only have a resin conversion kit while plague marines at least have a full resin kit.

Unless there was an official ruling on order of operations, I don't see why I am.

no because that is rad as shit. CUE THE PILLARMEN THEME!

what is this fixing? why cant people just play the damn game with the rules supplied

yeah, I'll use some random internet stranger's rules instead of the official one because reasons

>Implying she hasn't already built-in plasma powered dildos
>implying she would be pleased by weak flesh instead of steel hard mechadentrites

Mucloid spores are the troops, or ripper swarms. The whole point of list is to pay as little as possible for anything that is not a flyrant, then add mawlocs to taste

WTF I hate Columbus now

So...the custodes with the demon actually GIVES it to Abby...interesting....

Then, which sword is going to slay the Emperor - Abby's demon sword of ultimate human doom? Or the Lion Sword borne by Cypher? And why would the custodes lead Abby to it, unless it was for some greater purpose??

Does the Emperor have a final gambit??? It seems he may.............

The Omnissiah rulebookTM states that the flesh is sinful-like.
Sin attracts sexual fetishm.

So, tech-girl might use all of the robotic dildoes in the world, at the end of the day, she will want organic dicks inside her.

Magos in the streets ; Heretek in the sheets.

You might as well could've called them Wham, ACDC and Cars because thats basically them right there

youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

>Implying she can't reprogram what gives her pleasure so that the micropenis of the one she loves sends her into multiple orgasms

Anons, I want to start up a Khornate Warband as my first army.

I have a few questions though:

Would BaC be a good thing to use, or no?

Is Khorne Daemonkin what I want, or Chaos Space Marines with the World Eaters legion stuff?

That's actually pretty cute, user

Custodes are not towering and they don't glow.
And a Custodes would never fail his duty.

It's fixing how ridiculously weak the army is, for reference see
Anyway I don't expect other people to play with these rules, I want to know if you'd be okay playing against these rules because I'm sick of getting tabled by turn 3.

The best army available for 'nids is a small amount of Flying Monstrous Creatures strafing and doing lots of giant bug things while spore mines hover daintily over objectives.

So yes! You've clued into the 'nid mono-build; Flyrants.

>Deadicated to Tzeentch

C'mon user, typos are just fucking lazy

> 15pt Plasma Pistols
> Rubric Dreadnoughts 'Crazed' ever

I'm assuming that the Scarab Occult have been removed and are now simply Chosen-wth-Termi Armour?
Tzaangor are still boring AF, I think you've missed an opportunity to make them fun.

Gw accidentally printed a paint in a leaflet that doesn't exist yet called Death Guard Green.

>Thieving magpies
>not already fun

Tzangors should be jump infantry.

KDK if you want Daemons, WE if you want just marines.

See And also I believe Atia has mentioned that they've seen evidence for Mortarion.

Then read the rules.

>no wings
>no jump packs
Are you stupid?????

They've got really good legs.

Yes, it's fine and dandy that GW publicly realized just how much they fucked up on a codex for once, but it doesn't invalidate my critisism of it.

Being able to get daemons again is novel, though I'd prefer not to have to take the melee beatstick inquisitor to get it. They could have at least buffed the Xenos inquisitors useless notDeldar gear as compensation, seeing as Deathwatch squads are more trash than Battle Sisters.

No
Jump Good

It's in the official FAQ.

heh

Have any pics or a copy of that leaflet? Just curious.

>Unless there was an official ruling on order of operations, I don't see why I am.

Here you go, faggot.

Q: The rules state that if a vehicle fires an ordnance weapon, all other weapons must be fired as Snap Shots – does the firing order matter?

A: You can only fire the Ordnance weapon if all other weapons are fired as Snap Shots – the firing order doesn’t matter."

blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/40K_The_Rules_v1.1_Dec16.pdf

Oh god, not MORE chaos. I mean, I'm happy you got new stuff and some of it looks cool to play against, but you've had Traitors Hate, Wrath of Magnus, Traitor Legions, Imperial Armour 13 for a whole bunch of 30k toys.

Maybe we can have a few scattered other releases? Admech Combined Codex, something for the Necrons, maybe the Guard?

I actually really like the new supplements despite not playing Chaos, since my Death Guard friend can now fight at my power level without me having to gimp my lists, but we've had enough CSM, thanks.

t. Whining Admech player.

Well, I want both, so KdK?

The idea was that the chosen warcoven could represent Scarab Occult Terminators (properly), I could always just rename them to fit that but then it would be weird to let them be in power armour.

I see your point on the dreadnought and have already changed it.

Maybe let them run really far (like 2D6" or something) and let them take bolters for fairly cheap?

Yep.

>Rubric marines unchanged points cost

The main issue for Thousand Sons is stupid point values. Rubric marines should drop 3 points, warpflamers should be a free trade for AP 3 bolters (I mean c'mon, whoever thought that should be 7 points should give me some of what he's smoking) for example.

>missile launcher still 24" with no alt fire
>make the reaper cannon just an assault cannon +1 as opposed to giving it an extra shot, or ignores cover or something
>soc. dread dosent get +1 attack if it has the power fist
>rubrics STILL overcosted

Cool.

Well Favoured of Tzeentch has now been baked into the detachment rules (everything with VotLW straight up re-rolls saves) so I didn't think they also needed a points reduction on top of that

>missile launcher still 24" with no alt fire
Maybe the alt fire could be something to deal with 2+ saves as that's something the dex currently lacks.

>or ignores cover or something
I kinda like that idea, it would synergize nicely with the new icon of flame

>>soc. dread dosent get +1 attack if it has the power fist
Ah that was a mistake, more corrections are clearly needed.

> Balthasar
> Bugman's
> Caledor

WHFB resurrection confirmed

>Custodes are not towering and they don't glow.
In the warp, all things are possible - and gold is the Emprah's color, user.
>And a Custodes would never fail his duty.
That's my point, user: what if the Emprah WANTS Abaddon to have the uber evil blade???

So if I wished to run pure admech, how viable is no Cult Mechanicus, other than maybe a dominus maniple? I'm just getting into this and I really love the look of the Skitarii, but the Cult Mechanicus stuff is... not for me, to keep it diplomatic.

I answered you in the other thread, but i will post it here:

i feel making the alt fire deal with 2+ is a bit much. keep the low range, make the main missile ap2, and give it a single large blast str 4 ap4 as the alt (maybe with ignore cover). that keeps it different from the loyalist one

That's amazing. Thanks!

Those have been around forever, idjit.

Made some changes, how's it look now?

>be me
>hey ill check out 40k general to see if they have the new caracharodon story up
>hell maybe there will even be a good convo going
>see
>the search continues

Her augmentations are extremely light though. Mainly just a Mechandrite "tail".

>sex with a techpriest?
Not sure if want...

when space marines get juiced up, do their testicles shrink?

It's a far-off release, there will be plenty of other things in between I think.

What are the best non-chaos Footslogging armies?

Nope, they've got huge junk actually.

IG