Did your character ever have to deal with a bratty kid?

Did your character ever have to deal with a bratty kid?

How did he handle that situation?

Genuine threats of immediate seriouuos physical violence backed up by preliminary displays of power and a willingness to go through with his claims.

Turned the kid from a bratty little shit to a crying mess. But after further threats were made, the sobs were softer.

360 spinning inverted DDT into the table.

My character solves all problems this way.

Knocked them out with drugs and shoved them in a carry-all.

Shadowrun?

Just puts up with it like a decent person should. No physical violence or threats.

the right way

Yep.

That seems to be my go to for most problems in Shadowrun to be honest.

>Need to kidnap someone? Drug and shove in carry all.
>Need to hide someone? Drug and shove in carry all.
>Someone we're trying to protect is being bitchy? Drug and shove in carry all.

Spanking a kid, even a bratty kid, is abuse, plain and simple.

Spanking a bratty adult is a different matter entirely.

Seska is not a bratty kid!
She's a grown woman and a great sorceress!

Sauce on this character? Neither of the images gave results other than the archives, and searching "Seska" got me Star Trek: Voyager.

Thanks, user.

Yeah, nah.

Took the kid on as an adventurer. Gave him a substantial wage (for his age), kitted him out with some leather armor and a hand crossbow. Taught him how to ride a horse, how to find north, which berries were edible, etc.

Then, when an Erinyes killed him as collateral damage with an Unholy Blight spell ... well... the kid learned an important lesson that day. Sent him to go live at a church after we rez'd him. Humblest NPC in the gamer after that.

Not in good ol' times.

Now thats plain wrong, spanking a child is a good way to make them understand that actions have consequences. Its not like you are gouging the boys eye out are removing a finger.

>Put them in a sack and swung them into a tree until they were dead

Let me list off all the people who were spanked as a child, and ended up being traumatized as a result.

Okay, I'm done.

What if said bratty little kid happens to be a Dawn caste solar exalt?
(Yeah, I actually played that character once.)

In a GURPS fantasy game in 1990 my goblin necromancer had a tween satyr girl foisted on him (survivor of a destroyed village). The kid was in shock at first, but as days passed she made an absolute nuisance of herself for the adventuring party.

My character sat her down and asked simply "What is it that you want from life?"
Her answer was "I want my village and family back."
Everyone knew that wasn't happening so my necromancer offered to teach her magic, only if she wanted, and only if she would follow the same rules of training that he had undergone.

The satyr girl agreed with a few minor conditions of her own and I gained a henchman. She caused problems from time to time and heckled our characters when we made seemingly poor choices but it was all for fun.
I think that was the turning point for me as a gamer when I evolved out of being a power grabbing munchkin and grew to appreciate the story of a game the most.

Parents that do not have the respect of their children, and do not have them trained to come the first time they are called or to be quiet when they are asked to be quiet at age 4+ have failed.
Appropriate spanking as consequences from age 4-6 with a transition to the temporary removal of privileges for poor behavior and positive reinforcement for obeying the rules is correct.
From age 2 to 16 the child must ALWAYS understand that the parents mean business. If you don't set that in stone, you deserve all the shit from them that you end up catching.

Considering he's got more than a few cousins, he's probably had to deal with some of their children from time to time. Thankfully, they tend to quiet down after he gives them a big sip of brandy sweetened with honey.

>Did your character ever have to deal with a bratty kid?
They're called "player characters".

Dunno user. I was pretty much totally cooperative with my parents throughout childhood, then went on to academic and financial success, but to my knowledge they never used violence to keep me in line. The worst thing they needed was moderate scolding, which was honestly pretty effective. Not even shouting, often it was about explaining to me the consequences of my behavior and the ways I could improve.

Having an education researcher for a parent paid off, I guess. Really, just people who understand how to productively interact with children and foster healthy respect instead of perpetuating an abusive dominance hierarchy or becoming slaves to their kids.

I played an old man who was a total asshole, and somebody was playing an annoying child. I ripped them with sick bantz and continued being old and an asshole. Other characters have patted them on the head and said, "That's nice, hun."

>Her answer was "I want my village and family back."
>to a necromancer
That's one fast way to get an even more traumatized kid.