Hektor Heresy- Mechanized Terror Edition

We set out to write an alternate WH40k Heresy story, starring an all-new cast of Primarchs. Along the way we got new abhumans, new xenos, and all kinds of other 40k-ania that people thought were cool. You are welcome to join in.

Starting points:
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Veeky Forums_Heresy (main project page)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Hektor_Heresy (WIP draft for the story of the Heresy, now with 0% copypasta)

Some options for people who have had enough Space Marines:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Xenos_of_the_Hektor_Heresy
1d4chan.org/wiki/Mars_(Hektor_Heresy)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Army_(Hektor_Heresy)

Or discuss in realer time at
irc.thisisnotatrueending.com
channel: #hektorheresy

Suggested Topic: The Adeptus Mechanicus and stuff about them.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Lyster_Larrey
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey, what's a good irc client that works on Chromebook? I wanna get into the irc channel

Put it out there right now:
Big E as a powerful Chaos Sorcerer. Things start going to tits when he tries to reneg on his deals.
Also, Malcador (or equivalent) is the corpse directing the Astronomican from the Golden Throne.

I dunno about that interpretation. Also, Malcador was only able to handle it for a day, hardly the millennia he'd need to be able to replace the Emperor.

That's just dumb.

It depends on what browser you use.

>Big E as a powerful Chaos Sorcerer. Things start going to tits when he tries to reneg on his deals.
This is actually kind of canon depending on how you think Moloch went down.

I'm still alive.

I'm on Google Chrome

Then use Byrd. It's what I use.

>The Adeptus Mechanicus and stuff about them.
One day... One day I'll have time to write for them.

Josman

That's good to hear. Got anything cooking, Zorg?

I can't cook in 20 degree weather. It feels like my fingers are encased in gloves of ice and clammy water.

Plus I've been playing Brutal Legend, MWO, and THE LAST GUARDIAN

>Big E as a powerful Chaos Sorcerer
I mean... That's kind of true in the Horus Heresy books.

Maybe I'll write something about Anorexia.

I was thinking of a warband of Chaos Felinids but instead of generic catgirls/boys they were badass panther men. And they're basically Chaos Catachans.

>I was thinking of a warband of Chaos Felinids
OH MY FUCKING
>but instead of generic catgirls/boys they were badass panther men. And they're basically Chaos Catachans.
Fucking rad.

>but instead of generic catgirls/boys
literally what is the point

Awesome is the point, sweet user.

God dam furries ruining the game. First chaos brings wolves and goatmen, now kittymen? God damn heretics.

Cool idea though.

Any Ronin sightings lately? I seem to recall that he was going to be writing his version of the Dreameaters this week.

I haven't heard from him for a couple weeks.

So is anyone actually working on anything right now, or should we just take a break on threads for the holidays?

Ah! I feel it! It is a good stew brewing in my cauldron, flavored by spices of death and the thick mold that I scrape from the walls!

So Anorexia, best girl of Hektor Heresy, right? Sorry boys, she's married, and it's pretty much impossible to force her to cheat because her husband is the daemon prince Septicus.

Septicus is a centipede the size of a river. Mushrooms protrude through his carapace, fluids oozing out through the holes. His legs, like dull blades, are too meager to hold up his corpse-like body, so they skid on the ground, dragging his mass forward and grinding his underside until his entrails leak and lubricate him. In his guts crawl all sorts of disgusting creatures that roll in his gooey innards like pigs; creatures that pop through his shell in suffocating hordes when they hear the rumble of battle. Within the mouth of the creature hides Septicus's hidden, true head: that of an old leper, with a long beard full of fleas and spiders that hangs under him even when his first mouth is closed, groomed only by the ground which tears bits off when it grows too long.

I've been focused on other things, but I still sometimes write a bit in Docs.

Speaking of which, I should consolidate my concepts into one folder now.

This is Zorg.

I was going to write something about my Chaos Panther Men idea, but I got sidetracked

I forgot, who are you again?

I made the Ostishi Plague Hawks traitor warband and Hine'ar the Chaste the Dark Eldar. In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have made a trip because my works aren't all that important to the setting.

I revel in my insignificance to the project. Don't worry, Come M41 you'll be able to make an impact with your non-space marine stuff.

Say, what about those other three Chaos regiments?

I haven't heard anything from them. I know the Brazen Circuit got an entry in the Chaos Forces page but the Kaleidoscions and the Slithering Tongues have basically disappeared.

Not to mention that chorus-based warband with that cool champion that kills guys with his voice

>The Night Fangs are a Chaos Undivided warband that focuses on covert operations and jungle warfare. The Night Fangs are native to the jungle planet of Adalberto Baptiste, named for its narcissistic discoverer. Adalberto Baptiste is a death world, host to hostile fauna and flora of all kinds, causing colonization efforts to be slow and arduous. The colonization effort was further complicated by a warp storm cutting the planet from space travel. As the supplies ran out, the colonists were forced to brave the jungle to hunt and gather, leading to countless deaths from the countless species of predators, prey and carnivorous plants that inhabited the undergrowth. Knowing that without drastic adaptation the settlers would be massacred, a biomancer among the survivors worked to alter the genes of his compatriots. Taking genetic material from a local feline predator, he developed a serum that would fundamentally alter the biology of the subject, causing them to grow thick, black fur and long fangs and claws. The serum, mixed with the intensified competition that the colonists were beholden to, eventually turned the inhabitants of Adalberto Baptiste into a race of imposing feline humanoids that thrived in the brutal jungles of their home. Before, they were weak in the eyes of the teeming hellscape; but now, with their deadly combination of stealth, squad tactics and animalistic brutality, they were the masters of their organic meat grinder.
>Cont.

>These changes did not endear them to the explorators from the newly-formed Imperium of Man who rediscovered Adalberto Baptiste. Before they checked the records of the planets of the sector, they even believed the felinids to be a species of xenos that had been overlooked. But once the records were reviewed and the local authorities were contacted, it was evident that the Night Fangs (as the posthumans called themselves) were mutants and therefore marked for purging. The only reason the Fangs were spared was the beginning of the Hektor Heresy and the pulling-out of local Imperial Army units. Swearing vengeance against the Imperium, the Night Fangs swore allegiance to Chaos and participated in engagements during the Heresy.

Alright, what do you guys think? Criticism and advice is always welcome.

Looks good! It's way too late at night for constructive criticism.

Thank you. I'll be putting it on 1d4chan, then.

If they breed true, they're not mutants. Ogryns, Ratlings, Squats - all Abhumans because they're genetically stable. So I'm not sure that the Night Fangs would be considered mutants unless they have a dizzying array of secondary mutations (like beastmen).

Pissing off the rulesfag

Josman

>The Adeptus Mechanicus and stuff about them.
Okay, what's up with this guy? 1d4chan.org/wiki/Lyster_Larrey

He's written by the good captain, so does it mean that he's assumed to be contaminated?

Thanks for pointing that hole. I'll be plugging this plot hole shortly.

>These changes did not endear them to the explorators from the newly-formed Imperium of Man who rediscovered Adalberto Baptiste. Before they checked the records of the planets of the sector, they even believed the felinids to be an overlooked species of xenos. But once the records were reviewed and the local authorities were contacted, it was evident that the Night Fangs (as the posthumans called themselves) were abhumans and therefore marked for subjugation and assimilation. Unfortunately, the pacification of Adalbert Baptiste was called off during the invasion stages because of the beginning of the Hektor Heresy, leaving the Night Fangs shocked and confused at the unexplained violence directed against them. Swearing vengeance against the Imperium, the Night Fangs swore allegiance to Chaos and participated in several engagements during the Heresy.

Is this better?

Best to assume it is.

I think it's fine as outline although you aren't explaining much to the reader yet. Don't let it stop you from going on, but maybe flag the introductory story as something to expand on later?

Are you talking about this paragraph specifically or the whole thing? I've got a larger paragraph set before this on the wiki that explains more about their origins.

The whole thing. But I see on the wiki that you're flagging it as WIP, so it's probably better to just work on it and field questions later.

Alright. I'll try to develop it more. Is there anything specific I can do?

Well, it seemed like you had a pretty clear picture of them in your mind. Maybe just lay out your vision for now? It's likely that you'll get better answers to the questions I might ask if you just focus on describing the Night Fangs as you see them.

Okay. I'll get on that.