56 y/o dad invests in crypto

It truly has normie appeal now. My dad just transferred me 2k asking me to put them into crypto.

What's a nice comfy coin, that I don't need to constantly monitor? I have my own meme stack of alt coins that have done me well, but it requires a lot of maintenance. Please help out a sweet old dad.

Ethereum. It has dipped, so invest now.

Link

Monero ark

Heh, I wonder if your dad is my office landlord. I was telling him the other day to give some money to his son for it. If your dad owns retail office.

Just get him Monero. Nice slow burner that's already being used and has a great community and roadmap.

When normies give me money to invest for them it's always at least 50% XMR. Safer than Bitcoin, imo.

50% REQ
50% SALT

Just ask him how big risk he wants to take.

If he says least risky buy him some XMR
If he says medium or some other bullshit, buy 50LINK25XLM25XMR
If he says maximal risk buy him LINK

nibba use it and take custody of the funds. my dad has purchased a 5 ASICS and run about 12 grand through crypto making a fuck ton of money.

Seconding this. ETH is pretty stable, as crypto goes. It'll just sit there doing nothing much for an eternity (2-4 weeks) before it bestirs itself to moon again.

Yeah he does but he gay now and told me there's a cute guy at his office.
Go for his spank bank if you know what i mean ;-)

>comfy coin

Nothing is comfy anymore user. It used to be LTC, XMR and ETH but they've mooned to new heights and I don't trust that they won't crash down when normies cash out before Christmas.

Personally, I think all top marketcap coins other than BCH are massively overbought, so I've been hiding in alts that are close to their floor. Some of these might include REQ, LINK, RCN and QSP. The problem with these though is that they aren't established yet, so your money depends on the competence and mortality of the devs and project, so you might get "exit scammed" in a sense and have to stay on top of their news a bit more to make sure they didn't all die in a plane crash or anything (whereas BCH is big enough that it won't die).

But if I were you, I'd buy up the MANA dip (pic related) and play vidya with his 2k while raking in the profits for him and yourself. You could a small in game empire with that and rent out some farm land for passive income. Bit more of a gamble though.

You two are retards. Don't buy fucking ETh after it gained 70 to 90 %.

First of all tell him he's a normie who isn't smart and buys into hype. And then if you want to buy a coin that didn't gain 100% recently you buy him the ultimate pro tip: GAS.

Think about me when your daddy will be proud of you holding a multiple of his investment in a few months.

COSS
The dividend payouts he will get are enough for an early retirement. Literally the best investment.

Thanks for the advice boys, half goes into XMR, other half goes into 2 meme coins.

No problem, boyo

BAT. It hardly moves and it has coinbase rumours and mainstream appeal. You can pretty much ignore it and it has the offchance of making your dad very rich someday. I wish I owned more than I do but I have bags elsewhere, meh.

ETC is an easy choice

lookin stable and near its bottom

It's like you didn't even listen to me

Haha well I'm not in his office. My office is at a different location to his

Yeah, he preferred to listen to retards. He doesn't realize that it's not a good thing that the majority of people are suggesting the same thing, since the majority is always wrong.

However, it's his loss.

Xmr is probably the safest altcoin. Btc is too over the budget.

Checked, trips of truth. I'd say pic related is a great buy but don't see the hype train stopping here for awhile. One of the coolest most mature projects I've found though.

ironically this.

Its fairly unaffected by swings. Not to say it isnt , just usually less so.

That's funny. I have been using xmr as my safe stash for a while.

Split the 3 coinbase coins, and equalize the value periodically.

57 year old here. I bought ETH for $410 a week ago, and sold it at $745.

Good enough for me, that was fun.

Now back to stock trading.

What's the game like then? Does it work pretty well?

I guess it's like Second Life or Minecraft, I don't know how well it works. But look at how good cryptokitties did. We're dealing with the same NEET market here, and I can see it taking off.

But by all means, research it and see if it sounds like fun to you and try to dispel all the FUD you come across before making any investment.

Idk, I'm wondering if it would be fun to drop $5-10 on it and see what happens, not so much as an investment but as a game.

Might be fun to fuck around in.

It could blow up too though. And you can make money in game buying/selling goods.

I know it all sounds stupidly ridiculous, but last week we had digital cats selling for 1k. I share your skepticism, and simply invite you to research on your own and speculate from there. I've been swinging in and out of it lately.

also, mana wasn't my only recommendation you silly goose.

>Now back to stock trading.

"Wow, my broker told me that if I buy $10,000 worth of these shares, they'll be worth $30,000 in 12 years time!"

Crypto world: lol that's cute.

Are cryptokitties still viable to throw a few dollars into? I just want something to do that doesn't require much thought, but could give me some endorphins.

I was away on holiday when these guys went big so missed it.