Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

To the victor go the spoils edition. What was the biggest treasure haul you ever did?

Also, looking to make a game for /pfg/ pls answer below.
strawpoll.me/11905158
strawpoll.me/11905768

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
youtu.be/YIF1UtS21IQ
p6codex.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=JtEkUmYecnk
d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-grippli
michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
strawpoll.me/11905158
strawpoll.me/11905768
docs.google.com/document/d/1tDAG5bs1VC_YGkBxR8J8IsfoPuAWOeLPeI1n9z_eeqc/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/10Jwv3vO27qPtUNcb4ntNN8H7EkcdtUlF3_xuKbf6R0Q/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hey, can we get the Legendary Kineticists II playtest in the OP?

docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Does City of Gold mean anything to you?

You don't mean... El Dorado?

youtu.be/YIF1UtS21IQ

My PCs won an elven witch trapped inside a crystal prison.

Kind of like the picture, but with darker skin and less armor.

Alrighty folks, reposting this so I can get opinions on it:

Someone has given me the idea to run a gestalt vigilante game for shits n giggles. I'm not running it RIGHT NOW (i'm already managing my knight game and it's a handful) but for future reference, how do the following chargen parameters sound for a high-power game?

>25 PB + Gestalt
>Innate Item Bonuses is in effect
>Spheres of Power is kosher
>Initiating is Kosher
>All Vigilante content by Legendary Games is kosher
>All Kineticist content by Purple Duck Games and Legendary Games is kosher
>One class in the gestalt must be a Vigilante
>Caster Vigilantes (Warlock, Zealot, Magical Child, Cabalist) are treated as Mid-casters, and use the appropriate casting tradition suggested by the sphere archetype of the class they get their spellcasting from (i.e a Warlock Vigilante would have the Traditional Magic casting tradition)
>Night Terror Vigilante (the initiating archetype) is kosher

However, there's a couple of stipulations that I have, mostly to keep the power level of the game in check (and to prevent truly broken stuff)

>Can only have up to two of the following subsystems on any single character at a given time: Initiating and Maneuvers, Alchemy, Psionic Manifesting, Vancian Spellcasting, Akasha, Spherecasting.
>Cannot have access to 9-levels of spellcasting/maneuvers/manifesting, and SoP high casters are banned
>The following Races are kosher: Humans, Half-elves, Dwarves, Tengu, Kitsune, Catfolk, Skinwalkers (and variants), Tieflings, Kobolds, Ifrits, and Ratfolk (This one is more or less for lore reasons and because none of the other races are really that interesting to me)

Anyways, would /pfg/ play in such a game? It'd be about gang warfare, intrigue, and other fun stuff.

If you'd allow Zethian Kobolds from Worlds of Power, then yes.

It just makes them less ass. Standard statline, no light sensitivity and prehensile tail.

Gotta say, I'm glad seeing people accepting my content into games like this.

I'd play but I'm too busy with literally everything in life #hashtagSWAMPED

In that case, sure! You got a link to that or is it in the Trove or someplace?

Nigga I shill for you literally EVERY TIME someone talks about Kineticists and Vigilantes.

Well... I might have left out a little bit. No but really, it was the City of Golden Death

And I deeply appreciate it, I really do. I just like seeing that people also find my content balanced enough to be included in games, especially with some of the other stuff out there.

What choice DO we have?
Overwhelming Soul?
Can't even say 'kineticist' without your stuff or gambler/avant-garde

Is the Ambush Hunter any good?

What's with the ban on higher level maneuvers? It's lower levels where they're really imbalanced, with the possible exception of the Zenith Strike Line on a Power Attacking Two Handed STR character (which is borked throughout). Just force Broken Blade users to give it up for Fool's Errand.

Pretty sure Worlds of Power is in the Trove yeah. It's with the spheres stuff from DDS.

Well I mean there was all that sacrificing stuff.

I'm not arguing it; 1p kineticist stuff and other 3p isn't the best place. I mean EMO: Kineticist isn't bad, there's some stuff in Occult Archetypes from LG, and I think the players guide to Varak or whatever it's called has a few archetypes. But I will admit that I am the mainstay aside from Forrest's stuff.

KOP 4 should be coming out soon too!

It's not that the high level maneuvers are banned, it's that I dislike how fast full initiators get them, along with the number of maneuvers they get. The enforcing of 6-level maneuver progression is to slow down how fast you can get the broken maneuvers, and to limit the number of maneuvers you DO have such that every single one is a more important choice to make

Aside from N. Jolly, has anyone ever actually checked out Augnus's kineticist book with the dream element and shit?

Doesn't matter.
I have to play an onslaught sniper.
Nothing else matters anymore.

>biggest treasure haul
It's a split between Iresen itself, and the throne of the Jade Regent.

>Avowed Playtest
Super hyped for new stuff, but I thought betrothed was supposed to be in this one? Like the soul selling mechanics, they amuse me, as does the summoning diagram.

you don't get level 9s till 17th as a full.

It's the same as a 6th level, just that you're using feats to purchase them in that case.

I'd love to play a thug! I want to play a thug with other thugs!

Uh.... That was several thousand tons of living steel, I think?

Fun fact about Jade Regent: there's a hidden mechanic in the last two books that determine if Minkai is in ruins by the end of the book, or on the verge of a new golden age.

The betrothed is coming in thevery avowed 2. Had to dig through past archives to learn a bit more about it.

Yep, my party managed to create a super utopia entirely by accident, just taking the most practical and efficient fixes we saw.
Probably helped too that we actively pursued all the Oni before we even took down the regent.

Really I think it's more about the speed at which a full initiators get maneuvers. 6-level initiators just seem a lot more manageable, is what I'm getting at, especially in a gestalt game wherein full initiating would be VERY broken. Plus I don't really like the full initiators.

Harbinger and Zealot are neat though and I'd probably okay them if they used the archetype maneuver progression.

Why the fuck did the get turned into "thevery"? Time to turn off spell check.

Dude, the broken maneuvers are at lower levels.

The only time maneuvers are OP is at lower levels, or you're a cheese magnet who abuses Full Attacks with certain boosts or 2hand power attack with Zenith Strikes.

No joke, but ending the campaign with everyone getting honored by their friend-turned-empress after saving an empire from total ruin sounds WAY more comfy than most campaign ends.

What's the best way to go about capping player level? The game gets stupid at some point, and I'd like to run a campaign where the players stop gaining class levels, and have to improve with equipment, magic and guile. What's a good stopping point, 6 or 7? and what are considerations to have about capping level?

p6codex.com/
You want to stop at 6, the level full BAB classes get their first iterative, and right BEFORE wizards get access to level 4 spells.

Shit, I'd play it. My only regret is that Mercurial Duelist would probably be pretty much trash compared to just being an initiator. Still got other ideas that would work in there.

All would really want from Mercurial Duelist is being able to jack Anima Blade from the other archetype, as well as the ability to upgrade it.

>I don't really like the full initiators

E-even Stalker?
If you allowed Stalker, would it get any little nudges to compensate for losing its "best manuever progression" gimmick?

I'd play the shit out of a Brutal Slayer || Vigilante, I tell you hwat.

The only bad thing about merc duel here is that the vigilante makes such an amazing passive class, especially with an initiator. As a base archetype it's sick, but it's not great in a gestalt.

what if stalker WAS the only full progression there?

Then everyone will be playing Stalker || Vigilante!

Imagine a Brutal Slayer Magical Girl!

That's really what makes me sad, along with being super butthurt that the Arsenal Summoner HAS to have bound armor, instead of getting to pick only having a bound weapon. I only want a talking sword, damnit! That's all I want! The Mercurial Duelist was the only archetype that could do that, but it wouldn't be worth taking!

Here's a compromise:

At Stalker levels 4, 9, 14, and 19, you get an extra maneuver known that must be at least one level below the highest level of maneuvers you know.

Possible issue with the unchained kineticist: there's no timeout or anything on regular burn. No mention of "gone when you sleep" or of any method of lowering it.

Now granted we'll just max it for the bonuses and stay there anyways, but technically that should be available.

>the stalker gets archetype progression
>and can get one extra of a lower level than his highest at levels 4/9/14/19

.. user why don't you just be honest and say you want the stalker nerfed like all the others too.

Honestly, I'd be cool if it had normal archetype progression, so long as it at least got a good Fort save.

Are 4th level spells the campaign killers?

>The full P6 Codex rule set with additional options and rules is scheduled for release fall of 2014. (The in progress alpha is available here). P6 Codex: Formularie, and P6 Codex: Apocrypha contain rules the Advanced and Ultimate character classes not included in the standard P6 Codex and are scheduled for release in winter of 2014/2015.

sooo was it abandoned, or?

Huh, I pulled the text straight from the SRD, let me look over it again.

Yep, you were right, there's now a line about resting to remove the penalties. Thanks for the catch there.

Does your ban on High Casters also ban archetypes/classes that are high casters for a single school? Thinking of doing an Entropic Sage || Night Terror to be CUTE WIZARD BATMAN, or Elementalist || Magical Girl to go FULL NANOHA

How would you design a Place That Sends You Mad type of challenge for your PCs?

youtube.com/watch?v=JtEkUmYecnk

Sounds like Hell.

Or Druma.

Or maybe Taldor.

The really well known campaign killers are 5th level spells, but by cutting advancement off at 6 then you keep wizards from getting 4th level spells while allowing sorcerers to get 3rd level spells and slightly close the gap.

I believe so.

Here's a compromise.

Initiators with "fast" maneuvers known progression (Stalker, Mystic) get extra maneuvers at levels 4, 9, 14, 19, and the maneuvers have to be one lower than their highest.

Initiators with a "medium or slow" maneuvers known progression (Warlord, Zealot, Mystic, Harbinger) get an extra maneuver at 6th, 12th, and 18th level.

For a single school? That's no problem. High casters for ALL schools are a no.

Endless back and forth dredging with pointless enemies who have no function but to prolong their stay and always respawn or are almost unkillable. Everybody is invisible, doors have locks with keyholes that change their keys every so often and a constant need for will saves for absolutely no reason other than to make them paranoid or get tired of rolling it every so often. Remember, a character is easy to frustrate, but if you frustrate the player you get the wanted effect.

>For a single school? That's no problem. High casters for ALL schools are a no.

Awesome! When will you put up an application page?

The game isn't being run, at least until I've got my knight campaign all sorted out and on its merry way, but I will be planning and writing up materials for it in the meantime. This was mostly to test the waters in order to see what /pfg/'s thoughts were on the stipulations (i fucking love that word) I put in on character generation.

Where are some places in Golarion I can play a filthy, smug frog?

So is this an example of proteans visiting heaven or archons visiting the maelstrom?

Varisia has douchey frog people who attack ferry goers for fun, so there's that. Also if you cordially kill yourself you might get to play one in Hell.

>Astérix
>Not CG

So basically pic related? I love it! And you said it's in Varisia, that's where Sandpoint is right?

I might have to make a Pepe for Rise of the Jade Regent!

Honestly, looking back over it, enforcing certain casting traditions on some of the vigilante caster archetypes seems kind of dumb, but I'd imagine from everything else there's probably going to be at least a little leeway in terms of getting to pick things.

Though that reminds me, is this using the feat tax reduction stuff or nah?

I would've said azatas visit the first vault, but that would imply that the bard would be able to produce something other than inner ear wounding, the blacksmith would create something other than mass fights and that Getafix wasn't an archon himself.

Grippli

d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/uncommon-races/arg-grippli

They'd be in Varisia too if only because Varisia has everything

Yes, basically pic related except with spears and murder. And yes, you can apply with a battletoad because they supply them in the general store of Sandpoint.

On second thought, yea. The casting tradition stuff was in there in case you wanted to be a spherecasting vigilante.

In terms of feat tax reduction- yes, pretty much. michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

What would the effects of the Magic Potion be anyway?

Just a patently stupid bonus to strength and constitution?

Spicy. I'm still mad at myself for not being in-the-know enough to apply for the knight game, because it sounds like it's pretty sick.

How do you make a 1pp Magus bearable to play?

Oh, someone mentioned Chain in the last thread for the onslaught sniper, and while you could technically use it, since the base blasts are all at 1d6+X, it wouldn't chain onto anything new. You can of course use it with snake though, so you can blitz shot someone with a ton of smaller blasts.

It is. It's super dope. My players love it because it's so wacky

THERE HASN'T BEEN ANY COMBAT YET it's all been RPing in a bar but they still enjoy it

Forgetting my trip is a cool thing to do.

It's the one lower that's a problem. The stalker's in a bad place compared to other initiators and even archetypes despite having full progression; it would do okay IF it had full progression while everyone else uses archetype, but if that's removed, "but it gets more low level ones" isn't helping it at all.

I'm still salty I didn't get into that campaign when I had the chance, I could be playing a Black Blade Magus where the sword does the thinkin' RIGHT NOW.

Bladed Dash for full weeb.
That one NotHookshot spell for combat utility

Dunno, maybe some stupidly overpowered druid/alchemist hybrid class level 20 feature that allows you to give a potion that gives you a +10 luck bonus on all physical stats, skills and saves and can be made permanent if emerged into it and makes a Fort 20 save.

To be fair it's better to forget your trip than to abuse it senpai!

Not as such. But the cutoff at 4th level means no access to shit like Dimension Door and Black Tentacles while allowing wizards iconic spells such as Fireball and Fly.

Jolly, why did you make the bound armor part of Arsenal Summoner Mandatory? Will I ever get to steal the Anima weapon and enhancement pool from it, like the Mercurial Duelist can (kinda) do?

Ask your GM to make Pool Strike not cost anything to use, but you can spend a pool point or spell slot to make it better.

You know what's also a cool thing to do?

Posting smug titty ninjas.

Oh.
That's kinda too bad for chain, but it does save on the uh... bucket.

I'll just have to content myself with two dozen homing lasers.

Now to figure out what archetypes or the like are compatible with that, to maximize the beams per

Don't think there'll be many though.

It looks like you will have a second chance.

strawpoll.me/11905158
strawpoll.me/11905768

She's hot, but in that "dude, your mom is hot" way.

To be fair, that,s the hottest kind of hot to me.

That's the best kind of hot, user.

Mostly because that was the theme I was going for, but really, I don't mind how you play it; if you wanna tell the GM the author said the bound armor part is optional and to have a nice christmas.

That's the iconic for the mercurial duelist. I'd honestly be amused if anyone used any of my iconics as the reference art for their characters.

There's not a ton, it doesn't worth with the improved/greater flurry of blasts from KOP 4 sadly, but it's already doing a silly amount of damage.

And voted!

To be fair, that exact line was in the art order I put in, so gotta thank her bomb ass artist for that.

I'd rather make'em into mothers than date their mothers.

But really, is there anything more cucktastic than fucking someone's mom?

The artist certainly pulled it off.
She's just short of "isn't that embarrassing to wear, at *your* age?" but not quite there yet.

If my GOOGLE CHROME WOULDN'T KEEP ON FUCKING CRASHING I would respond to this

Anyways, you're right. Drop the restriction on "one level lower" for the Stalker but keep it on the Mystic

Well don't just tickle our willies like that, tell us about the party! Indulge our thirst!

Fucking someone's mom isn't cuckoldry.

Why not both? Moms are confirmed fertile considering they're, you know, moms.

... uh, plenty.
If she's divorced or widowed no one's getting cucked.
And you're getting laid, so obviously you're not getting cucked.
And she's the other person's mother, not their wife or girlfriend, so they're not getting cucked either.

Only if she has a living husband or at least boyfriend, THEN one person is getting cucked, and it's that guy. And that's it.

I've really tried to figure out potions, but I feel like I'm missing something.

So any spell that targets one or more creatures or objects can be a potion or oil. But what happens if I make a potion that affects an object (which makes no sense, but isn't prohibited) and I drink it? Does it fizzle? Does the player explode? What about oils for spells that affect creatures? Does cure light wounds work as an oil applied topically? Do damaging spells like Chill Touch simply inflict their damage on the drinker?

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwe.

Link to the Knight Campaign? Or is that now ope to public application?

I want to play a div-spawn Dandy Ranger||Warlord in an intrigue focused game!

There is no link because the campaign is still in the embryonic "What do I want in this game" stage.

The Knight Campaign is closed for new players, it's been underway for two months now but because life is /life/ I've been a bit busy and couldn't GM so there's only been three actual sessions.

Okay well

You've got a lecherous tiefling thug who decided to turn to a life of CHIVALRY (and wants a cute fey girlfriend) in order to become a knight.

A hobgoblin native-american samurai with a pet wolf who is best buddies with the tiefling, and is a remarkably polite fellow. He ALSO wants to be a knight, with all the glory and stuff that it brings!

A squire to a knight who flirted a little too hard with a witch. The witch turned the knight into a goat and his squire into a woman. She wants to get her dingly-dangly bits back!

And finally, a dragon. A literal fucking dragon who disguises themselves as an attractive human girl. Who is also the smug daughter of a famous merchant dragon who ran away from home in order to go adventuring.

Insofar, they're on a quest to get the squire a penis.

Okay, hold up.

This is a knight campaign, right? That means kingdoms and feudalism and all that funky stuff. Question is, *where* is the campaign taking place? Is this going to be Golarion, or a homebrew? If it's homebrew, do you have any ideas on the setting flavor and theme? I don't want to walk into a Ye Olde England with Sir Alderic de Mirabel, after all.

And could we help you work out the details for a setting? I've got some suggestions!

>You've got a lecherous tiefling thug who decided to turn to a life of CHIVALRY (and wants a cute fey girlfriend) in order to become a knight.

>Implying he didn't turn to a life of chivalry because the alternative was the gallows

>literal fucking dragon

Every party should have a "literal fucking x" character in the party

Is there any work on an initiating archetype for either the cavalier or the slayer?

The game is still in its formative stages and unrelated to the other knight campaign/vigilante guy.

I posted two strawpolls because I wanted to run the game for /pfg/ using a couple of themes that I thought would be fun for me to run as well as fun for user over what I have been seeing in the last several threads.

I was going to leave the polls up for a few days but it looks like a comfy knight/intrigue game. It will most likely take place in golarion as I dont have a world that is beyond a few city states and open plains and forests.

I am always open to suggestions but I dont want to just soak up ideas from others who may or may not play in said game. A finalized rules/setting info would be posted to roll20 in then next 2 weeks or so depending on the holidays.

Enjoy.
docs.google.com/document/d/1tDAG5bs1VC_YGkBxR8J8IsfoPuAWOeLPeI1n9z_eeqc/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/10Jwv3vO27qPtUNcb4ntNN8H7EkcdtUlF3_xuKbf6R0Q/edit