Sup guys, i need your help

sup guys, i need your help

im in the middle of creating an anthropomorphic flying squirrel race for my D&D Campaign

lucky for me, i found some racial traits for a squirrel folk race on the internet, and i plan on making some minor changes to it but the main problem is...

that i got no idea how a society of flying squirrel people would work, given the fact that they can't wear belts, shirts, or any kind of clothes without affecting their gliding capability

i remembered the Desmodu have this same problem and gave them a quick check, but their sling swimsuit ala Borat style doesn't seem too convincing to me, other than that all i can think of its a necklace along with bracelets and anklets with socket/rings for carrying tools, but still they wont be able to wear armor so, what do you guys think? what solution can you find to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XvUqB-mgLpA
dandwiki.com/wiki/Squirreling_(3.5e_Race)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

also, any pic related would be very welcome

Dunno how to help with your race, but I appreciate the flying squirrel pictures. They are most soothing. Maybe they are the settings peacemakers, they don't wear armour because they are a nation of diplomats, provoking feelings of calm and reconcilliation.

Also who needs clothes when you have built in robes and fur covering anything untoward.

Suspenders and clothing that covers neither the arms nor the sides

>who needs clothes
heh, well yeah, i guess they would express fashion with earrings, bracelets, rings and necklaces, but i was thinking mainly on armor, they are small and quick so i guess they wont be taking heavy combat classes like warrior, barbarian or paladin, but still the ranger and rogue need some armor

>clothing that covers neither the arms nor the sides
you mean like a poncho or something?

Yeah, a poncho that is considerably longer than wide. Consider also that any clothing needs to be light, cotton and silk are ideal but wool and leather are probably too heavy.

Short of rows of body piercings to serve as anchor points, the only thing I can think of is a solid collar around the neck, and something similar around the tail, then stretching fabric/leather out between the two.

Both options don't seem right to me.

I can see your Squirrel people race being avid consumers of protective amulets/rings at this rate.

i had forgotten about magic, i guess they would be adept at casting protective spells

You could tie that in to the culture. Well known for making amulets and rings and the like, and for defensive magics. Possibly illusion and protection?
I mean if they can't see you they can't hit you and all that. Tie that in to the fact that they climb and glide, and that suggests some pretty effective hit-and-run tactics

the perfect assassins. thanks dude

look for Sugar Glider on google images
youtube.com/watch?v=XvUqB-mgLpA

They just wear helmets and aviation goggles. They leave carrying things to their moose friends.

Don't forget Banana Hammocks like from Borat.

Just imagine, an entire race of beings for whom the Banana Hammock/Mens Onesie speedo-swimsuit is the epitome of high fashion.

heh, they definetly wont be using those swimsuits, i think ill go poncho style, and naked below, after all, they are beastfolk, they will be covered in fur so, no visible nipples for the females, and no dangling dicks for the males (retractable stuff)

the hammocks on the other hand sounds totally cool, all of them living in a macroforest with hammocks between the tree branches

all of them resting like ferrets after a long day of study at the abjuration school

here are the stats ill be using for them with the Glide ability added

dandwiki.com/wiki/Squirreling_(3.5e_Race)

Glide (Ex): A flying squirrel can glide from any height at a speed of 20 feet per round in moderate or lower winds, descending at a rate of 10 feet per round.

shit, i know its late and the thread is about to die but, it just came to my mind, what musical instruments would they use?

if the thread dies ill try and make another one on the week, thanks everyone for your help anyway

Underrated post.

>flying squirrel
>not superior Colugo

i know i said flying squirrels only but im actually making them based on flyng squirrels and sugar gliders and pretty much any gliding mammal/squirrel-like creature heh

i think ill go with flutes as the main instrument. and maybe lutes and lyres/harps as seconds. i dont see them playing drums or blowing trumpets

Not quite flying squirrels but can be tweaked to fit.

Also, belts with pouches on the tail

In 3.5 there was the Hadouze who were apes that could glide with the skin flaps between their arms and legs.