Unban Mental Misstep

Unbanning mental misstep is the sole action wizards needs to take to save the modern format.

It'll deal goble guide, delver, and greasy elf. It'll prevent turn 3 kills and give the format that turn 4 bullshit that wizards touts. It'll save the format from aggro.

Prove me wrong.

As a grixis delver player, yes please.

The problem with mental misstep is that it's its own best counter. Infect and burn would also run it and turn 1 becomes a game of who drew the most mental missteps

Yeah, sure.

Let's unban this card that everyone and their mother runs it because of how fucking free it is.

You just don't get it.

If every deck can play it, and there's no reason not to play it, then there's no reason for it to be playable.

Needing to slow modern down is one of the very few reasons WotC might print some decent early control cards, so NO, plz don't unban the obvious fix, but print some new playable control cards, something not as abusable.

If it didn't work on itself, yeah. It's just stupid because the best way to play against it is to run your own.

Phyrexian mana was a mistake

They should ban all cards that use phyrexian mana

Just limit it to one in a deck lol.

teach me more, sensei

How about this? Now you have to splash U to play it.

Literally unplayable, doesn't even fulfill the same role as Misstep, worse than Force Spike. Can't even format the rules text correctly.

0/100 kys yourself

Did you not see the meta when this was around? It didn't stop any deck, it just made running 4 a necessity in them.

Now it costs mana and misses the point of mental misstep.

Broken

I'm down.

Or to play decks that don't rely on 1-drops.

>Or to play decks that have a retarded mana curve because some faggot wants to play a redundant piece of brainless card design

All cards that can be paid with Phyrexian mana need to be banned. Fuck that shit.

Yes, especially Dismember.

you want to balance it? it's goes like this:
>Theorethical Blooper
>cost: 0
>counter target spell with cmc=1
that way it counters the relevant turn 1 plays, as it should, but can't degenerate into misstep battles.

>I'll fix this busted card that counters itself and can be played in any deck by making it only able to be played in any deck

I wish you custom card fags would kill yourselves holy shit

Misstep should have cost 2 Phyrexian blue instead of 1 phyrexian.

>implying it would make any difference

You could add a price of some sort on top of it, pay life, remove cards from top of library, whatever, but the essence of the card is
>turn-0 counterspell, specific for turn-1 plays

Even something like
>U - Counter Target Spell with CMC=1
>If you begin play with ~ in your hand, you can discard it and pay 2 life. If you do, counter the first spell target opponent play during his next turn.
would slow the first turn enough to let the control decks fight.

Dead Format. Discussions like this are just the Rigor Mortis.

>You could add a price of some sort on top of it, pay life, remove cards from top of library
Nice "prices" you got there, dude. Don't you want to add a "may" clause too?

>If you begin play with ~ in your hand, you can discard it and pay 2 life. If you do, counter the first spell target opponent play during his next turn.
Yeah it would be great to see everybody running your new Chancellor of the Annex in their decks so that the game only really starts on turn 2 for no fucking reason.

I told you to kill yourself because I assumed you understood you were being retarded but I guess I'll have to spell it our for you.

I hate you custom card fags because you have no fucking clue how the game works. It's clear from your suggestions and ideas you barely have a grasp on the game at all and yet you somehow think you're smart enough to figure out how to print a not broken Misstep. You keep throwing shit on the wall hoping it will work all the while showing that you are probably the least qualified individual to make new Magic cards

so please kill yourself, At the very least stop posting, that way we could all joke about how /tg is bad at Magic instead of confirming it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

If the card got an errata on the lines of "counter target cmc1 spell not named Mental Misstep" in Modern I couldn't see the problem, it would be the equivalent of Spell Snare except that a lot more of haymakers in Modern cost 2 so it needs to be castable with 2 life or it would be unplayable and every deck wouldn't run a set.

would it be balanced if it still had a Phyrexian mana cost but said "cast this only if you control an Island" ?

make it one more mana and it can counter any spell.
now that's a card mtg needs right now

It would be balanced if it had

When you cast Mental Misstep, choose one:

• Fuck Elspeth's corpse

• Fuck Chandra in the ass but get your dick burned (The dick continues to burn after Chandra has left the battlefield.)

If Modern is dead what formats aren't dead?

>Nobody likes standard.
>Frontier is a meme.
>Modern is apparently dead.
>Legacy and Vintage are too expensive and suffer even worse problems than modern.

Looks like it's just Commander from here on out boys.

>not playing Pauper with the patricians

I'll take it!

So, every one of my modern decks loses 4 slots because of this bullshit? No thanks.

Objectively better custom card incoming:

Mental Unstep
UW
Instant

If your opponent controls a creature and you control no permanents, you may play Mental Unstep without paying its mana cost.

Return target nonland permanent to it's owner's hand. That player can't cast cards with the same name as the returned nonland permanent until the endstep on their next turn.

This is the real fixed mental misstep.

Is this good card good to have in your maindeck regardless of what you are playing?
>yes
Will every motherfucker and his grandmother play 4 of them in every deck worth playing?
>yes
Will the cost of the card increase to $ 2 000, making Magic impossibly expensive to play for everyone else?
>yes
Then ban it and never mention it again

This could probably just cost U and have the option to reveal a blue card rather than pay it's mana cost.

>missing the point

It needs to not counter itself. If you had ever played in a format wherein Mental Mistep was legal you would know why.

>baiting this hard for power gamers

But in all seriousness, I'm pretty sure that the entire point of phryexian mana(and phyrexia in general), is to show players that perfection is a flawed concept.

100% correct

Unbanning Mental Misstep would be a fucking disaster.

There is a reason it was banned in the first place and before everyone starts choking on their own dick, it's not to stop "X"

It's because every fucking deck in the format will run 4. Period. It's another goddamn Top.

Stop this bullshit.

Why? 4 life to give something -5 -5 is pretty balanced.

Frontier might be a meme but it's a meme that's catching on.