WARMAHORDES GENERAL /WMHG/

My friend just gifted me a Wraith Engine and what the heck do I run it with Edition!
Alternatively- This thread dies after like every 2 days BUT IT'S STILL GONNA GET REPOSTED EDITION.

Alternative to the Alternative: FUCK GRIFFONS EDITION

You know the rules!
Bitch about everything!

Other urls found in this thread:

conflictchamber.com
discord.gg/KmXzbwD
textuploader
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk
wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
youtu.be/oxSrmKqpiZA?t=1615
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?265998-Primecast-39-is-Live!&p=3762403&viewfull=1#post3762403
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You dropped this, user. I don't know if it's yours or not, but you can have it.

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat: discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

Try playing with it? I seem to recall them being decent in mk3, or at least better than they were mk2.

So, at this point, has the PP staff thrown up their arms and said "Fuck it, we give up!" on Warroom?

It's been almost 2 weeks since an official reply in that forum.

Shit is notoriously slow during holiday seasons.

I'm not excusing them or anything, but it is a general thing that happens at various places.

Yeah, I'm a working professional and I understand end of 4th quarter can be hell.

However, people posting questions, some about a newly released theme force...others about crashes to desktop....well that shit is inexcusable.

They can take 5 minutes and post a generalized update.

The problem is that it might not be PP. If it's Tinkerhouse being slow, there's nothing PP can say beyond what they've already said, and just repeating themselves is going to cause more issues than being quiet.

thanks based bro. I don't even know what the fuck i'm doing. I'm in it for the wraith engine beats

pity bump

People were saying Errants were good with the High Reclaimer. Is it the High Reclaimer with the feat rez or the Testament with the spell rez?

Also, tips for dealing with Man-o-wars as Protectorate? I was thinking about throwing them with a Castigator.

feat res. No one plays the Testament.

Why's that? I get that focus might be better put elsewhere, but isn't a repeatable raise dead better than a one time thing? Or is putting focus on jacks that much better? Also, the incorporeal feat seems like it'd be a useful all in thing.

Can someone tell me if this game is dead or not? There seemed to be pretty good activity here, on Reddit, and on the PP forums. But as soon as mk3 dropped, it's like the game fell off the face of the earth. I bought gatormen to paint months ago but I'm not sure it's worth getting into. Someone convince me!

Not being killed in the first place is always preferable to reviving which the cloudwall does.

Cloudwall does a big number on good chunk of enemies.

Testament doesn't present challenges to the enemy nor does he fix problems. He's just there grinding it out.

its pretty dead. you just get some hardcore fanboys on here who will try to convince you otherwise. but mk3 was a disaster and the game is bleeding players to all of its competittors. In fact, mk3 might have even been a response to all the players who were jumping ship to guild ball and other games which is why its so fucking broken, it was rushed out the door with a "we'll fix it later" attitude.

It's irrelevant. Check the local meta.

But yes, enthusiasm is dead. The game will make or break it on January.

You use the raise dead feat because the assassination is insane. Like top of 1 assassinate if you want to be a cheesy piece of shit.

Kill your own models, and the UA on the unit, throw your caster forwards into the book's no KD bubble, full advance, revive. Put the UA as far forwards as it will go, It becomes the new leader, put the grunts forwards at max range, then HOF them.

Charge enemy caster and win. Its super broken and is going to be fixed. Espeically because with the knew knights Exemplar UA its 4d6 drop the two lowest on attack, then 6d6 drop 2 lowest on damage. They hit DEF 17 and do something like 20 damage each to an ARM 18 caster, with a 20 something inch nonlinear threat.

Well damn. That's significantly better. I wasn't even considering the cloud wall, I may pick up some stuff if January doesn't screw with them too hard. Probably going to pick up Knights anyway.

Unless it's really as bad as these two say. The LGS my group is at has a decent number of Warmachine players, but if people really are jumping ship who knows what'll happen.

Also if the gatormen you bought to paint were Posse they, in particular, aren't worth it right now. Maybe after january, but it's not likely.

So I'm planning on picking up a trolls battlebox on Tuesday
Any tips? and where should I think to build from there?

the good news is you get one of the best troll casters available

get a stone bearer asap. faction is built around that shit. Also some actual heavy beasts. The battlebox is utter shit just because most of the time your 3 lights are going up against 1, or in worst case, 2 heavies and dont stand a chance.

but once you actually flesh it out with heavies, rag is very good

>The battlebox is utter shit just because most of the time your 3 lights are going up against 1, or in worst case, 2 heavies and dont stand a chance.
Yeah that seems kinda fucked if I'm being honest
>everyone gets at least 1 heavy beast or warjack
>except for Trollbloods :^^^^)
Is there any reason for this?

Most of the time the battleboxes are more for newer players who are just learning the rules, so a bit of poor balance didnt matter (and the game isn't designed around battlebox size games)

But as for why trolls don't even get a single heavy? PP are dicks is the only reason i can think of. those new troll players get crushed by all the other boxes and then don't want to play trolls anymore

Because of fucking reasons and PP.

If something is baffling or stupid, blame PP for it.

An axer with Rush and Pulverizer hits about as hard as and threats further than most of the other battlebox heavies.

With no fury or initials for output.

Why would it be using any of its own fury for either of those?

The troll battlebox also has the ranged slams coming out of the impaler. It actually works pretty well against most other battleboxes, it's just sort of a shit base for building into bigger games from since you will want heavies then.

You use your fury to buy and boost attacks, or charge.

>No one plays the Testament.
Good Protectorate players occasionally do. For example the 2nd place WTC team took him to counter Reclaimer1 among others.

It really depends on local meta. But in general we're at an all-time low as far as I can tell. I'm optimistic about the future of the game, but the present is a bit grim.

So, still no sign of that PDF of the troll book?

It has been posted a number of times. Check through the archive.

Sorry I don't have it on hand to help. But fags are constantly asking, and it gets handed out...

>Dealing with Man o Wars
Scourge has chain weapon.

The new command one?

JUSTICE FOR CRYX

Nah

Edition change made a lot of people butthurt by switching around power levels.
It's still one of the best or maybe best competitive wargame out there.

But is it relatively bad? As in the game is dying while infinity, malifaux and guildball are gaining praise, but their sales are still way lower, so that means wmh should be more widespread.

JUSTICE FOR SKORNE

Australian Satan knows what's up.

Im hopeful about January. Havent played in weeks, but this will at least get me back to a table.

Consider just as much people leaving because they removed all the immersion rules.

>put tough on everything
>nerf tough and have half the models ignore tough through special rules
>>>>>>>>>>removing rules bloat

I don't really know about everywhere. Mk3 was a shot in the arm for my local meta, but reports say it wasn't that way everywhere.

Tough shouldn't have ever been put in the game. It's too random for a game that uses bell curves for everything else. If I wanted d6 saving throws I'd play 40k.

Yeah it's bad. Save your money, play Infinity.

PP's attitude has went downhill and they are bleeding customers. They're just managed very very poorly.

Look at their electronic IP--it's a disaster. It's been how many days and no update on Theme lists in their app? It's been two weeks since anyone from the company has even bothered responding to tickets or forum posts? Bad management.

Then compare that to Infinity's App and response. It's night and day.

Really, they need to dump Shick and Soles. That would be a good start. OH and hire David back.

But it's too late. DC is now working on a "It's not Warmahordes but it's Warmahordes" at his new company. And that company makes prettier models. PP is in a time limit, save your money.

daily reminder that as much as /tg acts like it knows what it's talking about, everyone here is an autist and accounts for less than 10% of the real community. You like the game? play the game. People being upset about it on the internet and saying it's dead doesn't mean it is.

Spotted the Hungerford

I mean isn't that just Veeky Forums in a nutshell?
Take everything you hear from here with a grain of salt?

nah, I've just been on the board long enough to see people claiming the death of every mainstream game played on a tabletop.

Spoiler alert: if they're popular enough that they have international communities, they're not going anywhere anytime soon. Hell, I just got into Warmahordes three months ago and in the time that I've been playing four more people have joined without the loss of anyone in the already large group that plays at ONE store in the area, and I've been invited to play in other cities where the community is slowly expanding as well. That's pretty contrary to the consensus here of "jump ship, shit's dying."

pretty much, but I keep seeing people come into these threads asking if they should give it a go and the majority of responses are "hurr the game's dying don't waste your time" with a few people giving an actual thought-out reply.

Normally I'd agree but it's widespread user.

Listen to podcasts
Read the PP forums
Read the Facebook Groups
Read chan
Read Twitter

Morale for the game is at an all time low due to the balance issue, as that was the main Warmahordes selling point for many players. Clean, tight rules.

There is a reason they hired Pagani to come in user and it's not because Sherry and Matt like to spend money. They're nervous.

They could have left non-tough models without tough, not give any antitough tech out and change tough to once a round. Done.

my girlfriend wants to start playing Khador, but I play CoC so I don't know anything about them. She likes how Zerkova1/2 and the Old Witch look, how would a 75point list work for those three?

Rifle corp
kovnik joe
behemoth
greylord ternions
koldun lord
lady aiyana and Holt WITH valachev.

Rest with whatever

which one does that work best with?

Just tell her to play with your CoC instead.

All three.

Ah, both are some of the trickier Khador kasters to play with. Old Witch is a very controlling caster, with some great methods against light infantry, so her jacks and support tend to be more aimed at killing big stuff. Luckily for you, Khador has some great smashy stuff. Doom Reavers, Jugganauts, Iron Fangs. Both of them would want Sylys, to keep their spells and upkeeps at peak effectiveness. Zerkova1's pretty flexible one way or another, but Zerkova2 really thrives with Greylord support, her feat gives them a huge boost.

Old Witch is good with most everything, Zerkova2 will win you a lot of games against less experienced players automatically with greylord ponies.

The flat out buffs are sweet as fuck. Tough on Cetrati makes your brick list 4 points bigger, and they get set defence to boot. I'm most interested to see what happens to Makeda1 and Karn, as that was my favourite list in Mk2. I also hope Mordikaar gets a good spell, as right now he has 5 pools of piss, and a nerfed feat. In fact I just hope everything. Pls just let me make strong plays PP.

>Read the PP forums
>Read the Facebook Groups
>Read chan
>Read Twitter
There's your mistake. Those will make ANYTHING look like crap. Just go out and play and have fun. Or wait for the errata I guess. That's what I'm doing.

Yeah, we have a large meta that's currently down from the new-Mk3 boom but above the pre-Mk3 lull.

Everything really depends on your local meta. But a game as big with as much inertia as WMH isn't going away anytime soon.

Unless Steamforged new game knocks it out of the park

I've played since Mark 1, when Trenchers were good (Oh wait, full circle!) and Vlad would kill you turn 1.

I do play and I do have fun with mates, provided we house rule certain things. Yep, Warmahordes is down to house ruling on friendly nights to prevent typical bs.

Online social media can be nasty, agreed. It's also an insight into your customer base. The days of "Online is a small segment of your gamers" is past.

New Primecast is out.

Errata is going to be two documents, first is "everything-but-Skorne". Second is Skorne. First is due in December.

More than half of Skorne is getting changed.

Everyone who doesn't already have one is getting a theme list.

Hype? cautious hype

What game

>houserule

Why PP fired DC? What reason they gave and what was the real reason?

Yep

Throws
Flank (before it was fixed)

Throws? How?

We make Throws Scatter and if you're knocked down in a previous turn, you can become knocked down again.

You can toss the Snake halfway across the board and kill people. It's dumb.

Yes, Warmachine requires house rules to be fun in certain matchups.

I don't know how long you've been with the game, but it apparently hasn't been long enough for you to recognize the con trend. During the winter months, there are no major cons or tournaments. A large portion of the visible community of Warmachine, the podcasts and such, don't have much to talk about when they're all only ever playing for funsies. Come February and the LVO, the Con season will start back up and everything will be in full swing again.

In the fluff most Troll Warlocks can only control lights.

No Hype. None.

The previous insider showed that are in flat out denial about what is wrong with Skorne. Hlaf the models being changed probably means shit like relentless charge on infantry. IE not fixing anything.

Where is the info on DC's new game?

He left.

There's bunch of rumors but most stories involve DC not being able to design as he wanted. Considering how little convergence changed, makes you wonder why

That takes so much setup that if you can't stop it after having seen it once you might have brain problems.

So after reading Mark of Caine all I can say is

{spoiler]Hellslinger Merc unit when?[/spoiler]

Caine3 is going to be a merc/cyngar caster

wouldn't it be a unit since Ryan and Watts are with him now

Guess that's why it happened at the WTC so often, those guys suck

It is in fact exactly that.

No hard info released, but look for the steamforged keynote recently - they talked a bit about the setting and very very broadly about the game.

Different locations are experiencing very different results. In a lot of areas, players have dropped the game entirely, perhaps waiting for balance fixes from the errata, perhaps waiting for themes, perhaps just feeling that itch scratched better elsewhere. Mk3 made for some extremely horrible one-sided games right after release.
In some areas, there's revived interest from people who left because they didn't like Mk2.
Overall, it seems to me that Warmachine is a relatively well-balanced game if steam-powered robots are your thing. If you're more into variety and angry beasts though, there's a completely different shambles called Hordes.

So I have to wait another whole fucking month?

A link: youtu.be/oxSrmKqpiZA?t=1615

Here you go

I think you're talking shite as there's no sign of the book

About a week or 2

He's thinking of the trolls leak I think. The command PDF has not been released yet.

Lol whats wrong with Caine's legs? They are tiny.

Just got him asa late birthday prese t from a friend. How viabe is he? I got e exemplar units so he could be good.

Not if it's Skorne you're waiting for:
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?265998-Primecast-39-is-Live!&p=3762403&viewfull=1#post3762403

So about a week or two

It's in December. They've never released anything on a non-con weekend before. The remaining work days in December are this week and the week-between-Christmas-and-New-Years.

I'd bet on Thursday or Friday of this week.

Not if you can count, no. 3-4 weeks. We still have over a week of December left.

I'm talking about the delay period

Fine, but:
If you're waiting on Skorne changes, then you probably have to wait another month. Context matters.

We all have to wait until January. Why are you being so anal about the date?

He's playable but not great.

Since I don't believe you're actually that stupid, I'm going to ignore you now.