The year is 2045, and WW2 never ended

The year is 2045, and WW2 never ended.

Germany has conquered all of Europe, including Italy. Hitler has had his mind put into a machine, making him effectively Immortal.

The U.S.A., has annexed Canada and Mexico, and is under the dictatorial rule of Caesar Michael.

Britain fled the isles, escaping to Greenland, Queen Elizabeth was lost, and Britain is now ruled by Lich-King Churchill.

Russia has conquered all of Asia, drowning the enemy in Blood And Corpses

Is this a cool setting? I am gonna be making this a war-game. I have the skeleton of the mechanics, but I need some advice.

(PIC SEMI-RELATED)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=79KU997m9o4
cgsc.edu/CARL/nafziger/940BIEA.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are the mechanics?

If executed correctly, it sounds like it could work.
A few questions need to be answered though.
What made the war go on for so long? Why is Churchill a lich? I'm guessing there is some form of magic in this setting.

No, it's a retarded setting. None of it makes sense.

What does "Britain fled the isles" even mean, and why would the British government abandon their place of power? How does a total war end between the USSR and Nazi Germany, and if it doesn't, how does it sustain itself on roughly equal footing for a hundred years? Why haven't the Anglo-Allies built up and liberated Western Europe? If they can't do a ground invasion, why haven't they gone nuclear?

In what possible universe does Nazi Germany stay alive until 1950, let alone farther?

>brits still led by churchill
>nazis still led by hitler
>murrikans led by some schmuck named michael
is your name michael OP?

Seems like babby's first weird world war setting.

Needs a thing that separates it from similar settings.
You don't address the Japanese theater.
And only Britain has a magic gimmick going on provided info.
Disregarding all problems of power, cause it seems you are going full comic pulp.

It's actually very tongue in cheek.

Japan surrendered, after hiroshima, and nagasaki.

Also, stupid jet-pack hitler is literally a leader choise.

Lots of magic.

No, It's just the fisrt

D6es

>In what possible universe does Nazi Germany stay alive until 1950, let alone farther?
See: Wolfenstine: the new order.

Which is fine, but it still needs to follow some kind of internal logic.

GW International logic.
AKA some drunk fucks put it together. And I'm getting $100 if I put this in the game, too.

So what kind of magic?

With the crumbs you are throwing us, we can only declare the setting bland and barren.

D&D style. Stolen from D&D, actually.

Why did the US annex it's allies?
Why did the British take Greenland instead one of it's own colonies?
What happened to the rest of the world?
How is magic used?

If it is not your setting to begin with, and you presumably can't change it, why are you asking us what we think?

That doesn't sound good.

>Why did the US annex it's allies?
Caesar Michael hates non-americans.
>Why did the British take Greenland instead one of it's own colonies?
To lazy to research any British colonies.
>What happened to the rest of the world?
Nukes
>How is magic used?
D&D style.

This is literally just the Alpha, I came to Veeky Forums for help. I also just want WW2 with magic, AND IN SPAAAAACE.

>If it is not your setting to begin with, and you presumably can't change it, why are you asking us what we think?

The International logic was made by drunk fucks, but most of it is mine.

Why does the UK have Greenland instead of Denmark. They invaded iceland and Norway. I don't think they ever touched Greenland.

Also Australia would still be around. The Japanese pretty much noped out of conquering it when they actually looked at how big and empty it was.

Also zerg rush russians? Really that tired propaganda trope?

>Also zerg rush russians? Really that tired propaganda trope?
YES. All armies work according to propaganda, with minor tweaks.

This just seems generally shitty.

It really is.

I'm beginning to think this is a bait thread.

Probably is.

>To lazy to research any British colonies.
Lazy and drooling idiot are not the same thing. Come on, even American public school isn't that bad, Caesar.

How did the un-nuked manage to avoid it?

>International logic
wtf am I reading?

OP is starting to sound like cleverbot..

It is also shows disinterest in their own setting, google gets you that information instantly. I would doubt them being serious about paying 100$ at that level.

I feel like the British would set up a Monarchy-in-Exile in either Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.

Did someone turn the AI back on or something?

So they just nuked all the irrelevant parts of the world?

Canada seems far more likely than any of them.

Canada was annexed in this timeline though

I find it hard to believe that Russia could drown China or India in bodies.

>Germany has conquered all of Europe, including Italy. Hitler has had his mind put into a machine, making him effectively Immortal.
>Russia has conquered all of Asia, drowning the enemy in Blood And Corpses

>Germany not getting their shit pushed in
>Russia being able to drown Asia in bodies

I feel like you should make haflway plausible setting elements instead.

>its a World War variation!
>"Oh boy I wonder what idea its going to b-"
>World War II

How about this:

Germany refuses to promise Japan they will declare war on US after pearl harbor, as such the Japanese never attack, and instead give up the southern dutch indies and resume oil purchase from US, allowing them to spread either further into China, or into Australia and NZ.
(If you find these things improbable, watch the first guy - one of the most respected ww2 historians - in this video:)
youtube.com/watch?v=79KU997m9o4

So with the US kept out of the war indefinitely (They avoid the world wars as long as possible as they profit a lot by supplying both sides, unless they have a catalyst - either convince mexico to invade them as was the catalyst for them entering WW1, or bomb pearl harbor as was their catalyst in WW2 - if you didn't know that about WW1 I suggest learning a bit more about it. Sinking of Lusitania: didn't care, Germans exploding bombs in mainland US: didn't care, Germans convince mexico to invade: FUCK YOU THIS IS WAR!)

So US never enters the war, Japan dismisses Yamamoto when he threatens to quit if they dont do pearl harbor, and they instead focus on the land campaigns, become a massive powerhouse in the pacific, and establish trade with US while maintaining shaky relations.

Meanwhile the Brits denounce the soviet invasion of Poland in 1939, and never ally with them, as such once the Germans control the mainland europe, they have lots of time to attempt to crush russia, with no D-Day coming in 1944 (which was largely US sponsored), the war goes to 1945 with the russians, by which time the Germans have developed their own nuclear weapons, and either bomb the russians into submission with nukes, or combine with Japanese invading through manchuria (after they have become massively powerful - lets say 1945) between the two powers they're able to conquer Russia, or turn the parts that wont surrender into a radioactive wasteland - send it back to the dark ages.

continued...

So with the US profiting from the war, but not actually participating (perhaps sending some materiel to the Brits), Germany keeping the Brits at bay in Africa, and the Soviet union either destroyed or forced into submission (They'd call it something like the "Eastern German Republic of Slavia", which would extend to the caucasus and end around Novosibirsk - at which point the Manchukuo dominion would begin), Germany is able to force Britain into submission (many people thought in 1942 that the British would lose this war, and that would only get worse without US support, and without an alliance with the Soviet Union), and control Africa and the Mediterranean, kicking the Brits out.

Eventually Germany controls all of Europe, Japan controls the pacific and eastern Russia, tensions escalate between the Third Reich and the US, but the US are shit scared of the Nukes and so sign several debilitating treaties to attempt to avoid being nuked into the dark ages. German forces occupy the eastern US coast, and we get a situation similar to China, where local troops attempt to fight off superior German forces with guerrilla warfare.

Speaking of China, they're never able to push the Japanese back, and Chiank kai-Shek is able to stamp out mao and his communists, but is forced to submit to Japanese rule, as a puppet Yangtze dominion leader.

Meanwhile Hitler dies in 1950 from overwork and over-stress, his successors denounce his genocide campaign, similar to Khrushchev's denouncing of Stalin's purges. The holocaust is covered up because Allies never discover the camps, and Europe just looks suspiciously more Aryan than it used to.

I suppose the war on the US mainland would be the focus of a conflict in this setting - essentially The second sino-japanese war, but with US as China, and the Germans as the Japanese - and they have nukes.

Why wouldn't the USA have their own atomic bomb? I remember reading a collection of letters dated from 1938 and 39 on how after the announcement of the atom being split in 1938, a bunch of American professors had already started doing the math to figure out bomb yields.

Everyone knew what it meant. Everyone was working on it.

huh, good point, I guess everyone gets nukes then. some kind of cold war between US and Germany that lasts 50 years, perhaps Britain gets nuked and after that everyone is scared of MAD

> Britain has lost
> US has annexed Canada fucking again
aaaaaand done

The Manhattan project was funded to win the war. The Atom Bomb stays on paper. What isolationist congress would spend billions on a bomb never used?

Germany, on the other hand, would have ample reason to further development on an atom bomb.

>hey let's make this US-centric-

aaaaaand into the trash it goes.

yeah I wasn't sure where to make the conflict zone. It could be US, could be Australia, could be based in post-nuclear holocaust russia, could be the invasion of Britain....

I'm not american I just thought it would be cool to port the second sino-japanese war into the US, with the Germans as the Japs.

Also the problem with Russia would be that germans wouldn't use nukes on their coveted lebensraum unless the situation gets REALLY shitty.

Also there would not be any silly thing like republic of Slavia. There would be holocaust times five, and the same would happen in every slavic country. Really, read on what Hitler wrote about slavs.

This.

It makes no fucking sense.

Not the British loosing, we came pretty close to full Nazi Rape, that's why we had weapons caches scattered about the place among other contingencies.

USA, Canada and Mexico joining together in some grand union with the USA being the dominant partner seems way more likely if anything.

If Britain was going to loose we would more likely try to flee to Canada, Australia, Iberia, Scandinavia, India or some distant part of Africa.

It has potential. But then you come out with "D&D type magic". Nope. That would totally unbalance thinga nad make it a Mage vs Mage war with everyone else as spectators.

>Germany has conquered all of Europe
>Is this a cool setting?
No, you are not doing fresh or cool to begin with and not plausible.

>Not the British loosing, we came pretty close to full Nazi Rape

That's it good Britcuck, take the American properganda.

The truth is Nazi Germany threw itself En masse and Britain's shores and was found wanting, because an Island with an extremely powerful Navy is a very hard thing to take down.

It took the Nazi's developing the V2 to even attempt to deal larger than insignificant damage to British infastructure, because the British countered German Firepower with cunning.

>So with the US profiting from the war, but not actually participating (perhaps sending some materiel to the Brits), Germany keeping the Brits at bay in Africa, and the Soviet union either destroyed or forced into submission (They'd call it something like the "Eastern German Republic of Slavia", which would extend to the caucasus and end around Novosibirsk - at which point the Manchukuo dominion would begin), Germany is able to force Britain into submission (many people thought in 1942 that the British would lose this war, and that would only get worse without US support, and without an alliance with the Soviet Union), and control Africa and the Mediterranean, kicking the Brits out.

Here is how you can tell you're American. The Desert theatre was a Win for the Brits, with the Germans reducing their backing of Italy and pathing the way for a Med invasion.

The fact is you totally ignore the Battle over Britain being a tremendous disaster for the Nazi War effort and British intelligence And bombing raids that led to the Nuclear programs of Nazi germany being counter-productive and eventually sold to the US.

So, if you suddenly have Britain cow-tow to the Germans, for some magic reason Americans seem to love, Then the US loses all of it's intelligencia in Europe and is swiftly ground to dust by the resugent Nazi Europe because a united Europe instantly provides the Germans with resources and manpower they lacked.

But you want the plucky underdog Americans to win right?

Stop trying to tell the Americans they're wrong, because they don't care. It's the same reason they think they can annex Canada without any disregard and think Canadians would accept the Americans with open arms. They can't be reasoned with, too much propaganda.

I mean every "alt-WW2" thread is always the same.

>Canada Annexed
>Nazi's win
>Russia still russia
>Japan takes china

I know, let's have a different Alt-History, a really Juicy one.

What if Britain sided with Nazi germany instead of France?

Could be started by

>British nationals drumming up nationalism against the French causing more dispair

>French Government going starkly Anti-British due to the British not wanting to castrate Germany

>German/British Alliance formed to deal with rising soviet threat in the East

>American Espionage attempts found, Germany then looked to as trading partner.

>What if Britain sided with Nazi germany instead of France?
Now that is interesting. Now lets kick up a notch and have some of Britain's allies/puppets/colonies (everyone likes to call them differently) also go their route. Maybe Australia and New Zealand go the same fascist route as Britian, or maybe even Canada (a more reasonable way of Canada being annexed by Americans, there's still guerrilla fighting in Canada, and it opens the America's to be another war front).

Exactly.

It's probably many of the colonies would use this time to go independent.

Likewise, it's more likely Britain would be the Dominant partner in the relationshop with Germany.

Also tons of British Imperialist Imagery as the British Resurgent Empire begins.

Sounds pretty gay. If you're going to go alt-history, why don't you make it interesting?

Lmao speaking of drinking the propaganda kool-aid.

How about that miracle at Dunkirk? When the best thing your military does for an entire war is run back across the English channel shitting your knickers, you lose your right to opine.

If you think anyone but Russia/USA is responsible for your country not taking a sauerkraut enema, you're deluding yourself.

I don't even get why British people are so salty about it anyways. I guess because then it damages your waning world power's smug sense of superiority which is something you guys have been desperately clinging to since 1776.

Nothing about your scenario makes the tiniest amount of sense. For Hitler to win, he'd need oil. For Hitler to get oil, he'd have to defeat Russia and take all its oil and then penetrate into the Middle East somehow for even more oil, and at this point you don't have any Russian invasion of Asia.

>B-But what about Dunkirk

Yes, a woefully underprepared British army fighting using it's outdated methods gets kicked out of France by the rising wave of German advanced Warfare.

Britain then redoubled itself, got itself up to speed and used it's strengths to ensure Germany was never able to land a single landing craft on Britain because surprise surprise.

It's hard to cross a channel when you lack both Air and Sea dominance and those factors swung so heavily in Britain's favor they managed to curb-block the Entire North Sea fleet of Germany.

You sound like you're typical Armchair American Historian who thinks the Battle over Britain was LATE in the war and that Britain was constantly surrounded 100% on all sides by the big bad evil Germany and it only took big American-kun to stop that.

Get a load of this guy.

Nah, pretty sure you're full of shit.

The fact that there was training for the Home Guard in how to fight in Nazi occupied Britain and the off the map hideouts and caches of weapons scattered around indicate all by themselves that we saw occupation as a realistic possibility.

If they managed to break our Navy and started landing in great numbers we would have taken a bloody toll with us and made their lives as miserable as possible for a very, very long time.

Canada would be manipulated by America's enemies to open a front on Uncle Sam's north border. And believe me, if wouldn't take much arm twisting to get 'our home and native land' attempting to burn down the White House for a second time.

Your justification for your country being best thing ever is "we lost and ran away and hid waiting for the big boys to bail us out". It's just sad. Acting like Dunkirk wasn't the beginning of end for British relevance in WW2 is just denial. You guys got BTFO and then ran away. I would say there's no shame in it, but there's absolutely shame in it. Just because you lost better doesn't mean you didn't still lose.

You sound like the typical self deluded britcuck that thinks his irrelevant country did anything but wave on the big dogs in the fight. Jesus Christ. You guys aren't even a world power anymore. Where does this arrogance come from?

>Both Canada and Mexico invade America
>British and German military helping Canadian and Mexican soldiers
>America may get help from Japan, or they may be by themselves
Well, shit. World War 2 got a hell more interesting now.

If the Germans somehow managed to break the Royal Navy, and I have no idea how they'd do that, they still only have enough sealift to transport about 1 division at a time, maybe 2.

This is an ToE of British forces in September of 1940.

cgsc.edu/CARL/nafziger/940BIEA.pdf

Forget the home guard. The attacking Germans would have been outnumbered almost 10:1 by the defending British, and would have to hold on until the ferries could swing back around and pick up more men.

>Here is how you can tell you're American
I'm not american though, so I guess your powers of deduction aren't very good. I'm from a place so far from any conflict that we've never been conquered in any major war - except perhaps by the British, but that was more colonization. I'm a kiwi you see.

Throw in how there was never an royal abdication and Wallis Simpson's nazi leanings had the higher echelons sympathise with facism. This might also bring in America as some kind of pseudo ally on the front due to her heritage.

I didn't know flightless birds could use the internet.

I think Canadian forces would work very well with war material from other countries, much better than Mexico. The Yankees would know that Canada would be Guerilla and surgical, whereas Mexican forces would be utilized by keeping large numbers of American ground troops busy, and dying in huge numbers. How much outside support would Canada and Mexico get? Not enough, they would do no more than gives America's enemies an extra 6 months to bolster for the inevitable. No matter what, the Americans are going to kill em all.

Would only make sense if the world is 1984 tier with everything being mostly bombed out. There'd have to be nuclear wastelands in quite a few places. Essentially a century of modern war would completely devastate the world.

Most likely, but since this is Alt-WW2, that extra six months (if we're doing the British/German with possible Japanese alliance) could be enough for the Axis to drop multiple nuclear warheads on America.

What you don't know would keep an albatross grounded indefinitely.

Oh, you cheeky cunt. I like you.

I mean if the Universe is basically Fallout but with technobarbarian American armies fighting Germans mad max style thatd be neat

The wild card that takes the 'fun' out of historical war scenarios for me. The reason the world was so boring and lacking in scientific developments after WWII, the reason faggot millennials have no respect for what's possible with sword, good and bad, no respect for the blood of their heroes, or their enemies. Why God is dead and all worship mass media, being led my the nose like rats over the brink. Fucking nukes.

Now we're fucking cooking! That's interesting! That sounds fun, finally. Fuck the magic, rads kill it. Mutations take its mechanical place in the setting.

Lets see here
>Americans
Full on Roman fetish. Having cheap gas means most of their army is transported around in armored cars and makeshift open top vehicles. Caesar Michael is declared by many to be the emperor of the "free" world.
>Germans
Crazy about superweapons. German army focuses on massive tanks and doomsday devices for the battlefield. Nazi party is all but forgotten but swastikas are seen as magical protection runes so the soldiers cover themselves in them as well as painting them crudely on their vehicles.
>Russians
Asian conquest has added a lot of Chinese/Mongolian influence to army. Horse cavalry and waves of mutants dominate their battlefield supported by home made rocket batteries. Bows can be commonly seen if the soldiers can't get their hands on pipe guns or loot them on the battlefield.

The last time Veeky Forums built this setting, instead Britain fled to a massive semi-magical fey submarine city called Albion. It gave the Brits a fey, wood elf kind of vibe which contrasted to the Nazis being cyberzombies and the Russians being more tradition either necromancy or biomancy.

And yet we were still preparing for it as a possibility. You don't prepare to loose unless you think it's a realistic possibility simply for the effect it has on the fighting spirit.

Was it a probability? Probably not. But it doesn't have to be a probability to be an uncomfortably close possibility when the stakes are so high.

Thankfully we didn't have Churchill as anything other than a figurehead or it would have been a coin toss at best.

I'm starting to recall my childhood love of Fallout 1. Keep spinning this wondrous tale.

>lacking in scientific developments
Do you come from an alternate universe where the Space Race, jet engine, nuclear power, robotics, stem cell research, plasma weaponry, and Dippin' Dots never happened?

If we're going with a version of Forever War Britain then might I make a suggestion?

Go Unnaground.

Just shit loads of unnaground and unnawater.

There are no cities on the surface left. There are precious few villages on the surface left. All that indicates any habitation are the scree and spoil slopes now turning into hills as the grass grows over them. Nobody is sure how much of Britain there is left but for the love of God don't stay there after night falls.

Britain has gone unnaground. Great subterranean cities, underground harbours and a fish heavy diet. Industrial contraptions to render anything organic to nutritious, if bland, gruel. Occasionally foraging teams will come to the surface but usually at night to pick apples or hunt boar or deer.

Once Britain was the Empire upon which the sun never set. Now it is the nation upon which the sun never rises.

Language, over the last hundred years, has devolved/mutated. It's generally referred to as Brythonic although how much it has to do with Gaelic or Welsh is anyone's guess because it's complete gibberish to outsiders. (Presumably quite a lot then).

Nobody is entirely sure how extensive the tunnels are. It is known they go to Ireland. It is known you can walk from London to Glasgow to Dublin and back to London in a big loop. Or take the train if you are feeling rich.

Some say there is an Exit Tunnel to Jutland. Some say there is a tunnel to somewhere in France. Nobody knows for sure but it's probably bullshit.

All that is known for sure is that their submarine fleet has claimed the North Sea and all water surrounding their haunted and forested land.

Development had, up until said era of unprecedented peace, been accelerating exponentially. Why? We're in a relative dark age 2.0. The high priests have us squabbling, have us concerned with social matters designed to push us backward, creating division in the name of union. Things are disintegrating.

Do you understand what technological advance actually is, or will you just throw /pol/-style conjectures at us?

At the start of the game you flip a coin.
Heads=prisoner i cyberpunk gulag where you roll d8s to se how much crocodil you take. (you get to roll once per day, a 4,7 or 3 gives you crocodil 8 makes you freeze to death.)

Tails: Stuck in cyberauswitch
every day roll a d6
1 normal day with shitty cyberfood
2 get beaten by cyberguards
3 Watch another prisoner get shot
4 forced labour
5 get gassed
6 play ping pong.

>Germany has conquered all of Europe
>Russia has conquered all of Asia
But Russia signed an NAP with Japan so they could focus on the Germans, not to mention they didn't anything close to the navy they'd need for an invasion of Japan. Also, why would the US be annexing commonwealth states?
0/10 tbqh

No, I'm finished. The speed of discourse is too frustratingly slow to explain anything even lightly against someone's confirmation biases. But ya, I know.

So, you don't have an actual argument and will pretend that you have one but just don't want to share it because reasons?

S o Britain is now Dorf Fort?

I can dig it.

In Roman times there were rumours that the islanders were cannibals. Now the rumours are back. Are they true? What do they do to the bodies of trespassers?

No, it's fucking not. One of the worst settings you can make is eternal warfare. It can only go worse from there if you decide to pick real world setting and add sudden magic to it.

>expecting people to know about ww1's existence

It is not like it was one of the most important wars of last couple hundred years and laid down the foundations for half of the shit that is wrong in the current world.

How the fuck this tank is suppose to drive? I mean... what the hell?!

Screw lazy OP, let's talk about those weird war scenarios and how to make them more interesting. In cliche version we have Axis with dark magic and mad science, Allies with capeshit and plain sci-fi, Comintern with mass unit spam and some giant warmachines. Direct aversion also bad - just take core idea and turn it upside down: Axis as proxy for alien invasion (master race), Allies with elemental/spirit binding or subjugated androids (freedom), and Soviets.. well, strawmanning commies as hypocrites is so common that it wouldn't be an aversion. I'm out of ideas, really.

Considering that Soviets tried to look for Shambhala and breed humanzees I would say that having either one of those projects to turn out to be successful could work as a starting point: so soviet pseudo-buddhists running around with whatever they managed to loot from Shangri-la and/or Stalin's 1st gen half-ape soldiers.

Also Soviets did mess around with trying to make their leaders immortal via blood transfusions so perhaps that could translate as the soviet leadership being filled to brim with vampires.

Damn, those hybrids almost like a racist caricature. Still, such dumb hulking beasts has yet to mature for decade or two, and there is no point in immortal leaders if they don't live long enough. If there was a way to stagnate tech progress for a long while, maybe then.

You flip the notion of 'good' and 'evil' on its head, and make the Axis fighting for freedom against the insidious plot of the Allies.

>In what possible universe does Nazi Germany stay alive until 1950, let alone farther?

The one where they got nukes first and perfected the VX as an accurate long range delivery system, although admittedly the war wouldn't continue then.

>breed humanzees
This one is a myth, though. There like one single researcher that though it was possible, and got shut down the second someone actually looked at it.