Why are DnD players always chill cool people to talk and hang out with?

Why are DnD players always chill cool people to talk and hang out with?

Because you made them up, just like all the That Guy stories here

Why is the first post always right?

Your post is a lie OP, no way such fine minx would play D&D.

Because roleplaying games are a social hobby, although with a high amount of anti-social shits, drawn in it for the escapism, number crunching and/or their love for Fantasy.
There's probably a book about that

Why are they usually fat weirdos who don't bathe regularly?

I detect bias in your post, OP.

Because we're great, that's why.

Never play pick up games, Op

why am I 100% sure that fat chick is insufferale to the maximum?

Oh good, it's an "OP generalizes one experience they've had" thread again.

Why are DnD players the same 5 people? Oh it's because I only play with the same 5 people and my experiences aren't necessarily indicative of the hobby as a whole.

They're enough at peace with themselves they can play a game of pretend with a bunch of friends.

D&D Player's are a diverse bunch, much like any other hobby; however, I've found that usually they're very inclusive and willing to welcome new people into their groups. I've personally convinced a bunch of random people to come play! Some stuck with it, some didn't.

Which one?
The one in the blue top or the one covering her tits with the notepad?

Because the former has an over-eager insistence to her smile that feels like any enthusiasum she expresses comes from a desperate personal need rather an actual interest in the subject matter hand.
Whereas the latter merely resembles an overweight squirrel doing a racist impression of "an oriental".

>If we go on the internet we can judge people we've never met, based on random pictures
>All from the safety and comfort of our basement

You guys sound like the worst kind of people. Sweet jesus, I am happy to have a group of non-edgy noobs to GM for.

Even if they are fat, needy, sweaty or have a shitty sense of humor, at least they're fucking positive and interested in having fun with other people.

>the one covering her tits with the notepad?
That's a man.

Because D&D players have usually suffered from some form of social ostracism, they didn't like it, and so they end up being pretty inclusive people later on. The problem with this is that they're pretty bad at policing their own communities for shitty behaviour.

>You guys sound like the worst kind of people

>If I go on the internet I can judge people I've never met, based on random posts
>All from the safety and comfort of my basement
You also sound like the worst kind of person.

Pictures on covers can be misleading, but they can still be judged, however inaccurately.

Because fat people are funny.

>That's a man.
Are you certain?
I admit there's somewhat of a resemblance to Steven Seagal, but I remain unconvinced.

You mean "own online communities" because people in a game store playing a game in real life as a community aren't behaving shitty.

Charisma is their dump stat. Charisma not including attractiveness.

>a girl is gonna join our game group soon
>everyone else have played with her before and says she's ok

Maybe I'm just used to hyperbole when it comes to women and any kind of hobby but i just got a bad feeling in my gut about it all.

Literally the worst thing about women is that they're people.
If you trust your group, relax.
If your group is full of idiots, tighten up your sphincter and brace for impact.

>Judging people based on things they say / write
>Judging people based on a picture of them
>Now literally the same thing

Now that you mention it, it might actually be Steven Seagal.

Based on my experience, they tend to run EXTREMELY violent characters.

My worry with them is like everything else they take things way too personal and holds a grudge outside the session like a Dwarf.

This should not be a worry you have, this is something you need to assume will happen and plan on how to deal with it.

>Judging the worth of people based on trite things they spend moments writing on a Persian Tapestry Bulletin Board
>Judging what people seem/look like based on an actual picture of them and contrasting it with similar visual cues accumulated over a lifetime of experiences.
Yeah, you have a point.
They're not really the same thing.
One is definitely worse.

Pictures of Albert Einstein look like he has crazy-person hair and I would guess he doesn't care how he looks and might have poor hygene.
I might be wrong, but I can stand by my observation.
Whereas seriously condemning a stranger for comments which included a comparison between a human and a fictitious squirrel might be a tad more severe and unwarranted.

I know right?

BTW, for those curious, pic related is the same movie as that cover.

>If you trust your group, relax.
I stand by this advice.

>they take things way too personal and holds a grudge outside the session
Just because something is often true, does not mean it always is.
Relax.

>plan on how to deal with it.
But there's nothing wrong with having a plan.
I find that "not being a dick" is a good beginning to most plans.

Your group tolerates you so I wouldn't trust their judgement

There is enough blubber in that room to feed an Inuit family for a year.

sometimes the people that smile the most,
are the loneliest
sometimes the people who laugh the hardest,
are the saddest
sometimes the people who make belief are the realest of them all

I hope you are not being facetious OP, I think you make a good point

The only thing you should be worried about is making room for an animal companion as well, girls love those

Because you are either trolling or subject to a frankly unhealthy level of confirmation bias.