Playing any sci-fi game

>playing any sci-fi game
>one player is a pseudo-intellectual 'transhumanist singularitarian' and loves to preach about it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5jfYoU_HTVo
youtube.com/watch?v=rX9OdR6hgEU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have them become trapped when they upload their mind into a technological singularity device, their mind one of billions of strings of binary, their screams lost in the static of a billion despairing digital souls.

Or have a weirdo touch up their body while they're jacked into VR.

Fuckin' TechPriests. The only reason they fuck toasters is because they can't get real women.

It's not like you can't make interesting and likeable transhumanist character (pic related). But, yeah, forcing your agenda to others is a That Guy thing to do.
If he wants to become one with the machine that much, than just give him what he wants, but all pros should be equalized by cons, aka let him experience that it's not all sunshine and rainbows and he has to reject a lot of things that makes human a human. I think that would be an interesting situation to roleplay, assuming it will not go full fedora-core.
Also, youtube.com/watch?v=5jfYoU_HTVo

>fucking those sweaty, greasy, soft meatholes
>instead of sleek, shiny, cold toaster
What are you, a heretic?

>Bitching about techpriests
I guess you don't want your wargear repaired

I may be a singulitarian, but I know preaching about it is a dumb thing. It's a vision of the future, nothing more. I can tell about it if people ask or are curious of my case, but I don't think there's anything preachworthy about it.

Like, I kinda dislike having a meat body anyway, but that's just me, my opinion and feeling about this certain issue. It's not a religion, it should not be a religion.

Singularity does not bring salvation. When it comes, it brings whatever it brings. It's not called Singularity for no reason.

let'em preach away
It's what-ya do that matars

I am just sick of having a poorly designed meat body.
These knees are garbage. My digestive system needs an overhaul. My eye jelly is liquefying. My brain gets bored of working for extended periods.
I don't need to be metal, but fuck, there are so many places to improve.

#TeamToaster

Provides Food, warmth, and love, which is more then most women.

I for one wish to be the little bot.

Currently we can do some cool things, in the future we'll be able to do some even cooler things.
but It's my opinion that you wont solve society's problems till, you can find a way to stop people being dicks to each other.

Next time they start preaching go full Sister Miriam Godwinson on them
youtube.com/watch?v=rX9OdR6hgEU

As someone who actually likes transhumanist philosophy, singularitarians are the fucking worst.

Transhumanism is simple- It is the idea that the application of technology can improve the human condition, and it is a philosophy that can do a lot of good with rational and reasoned application to all sorts of things.

And yet these days 'transhumanist' is synonymous with these retarded singularity cultists who keep trying to treat science like religion. It's fucking infuriating.

What is a 'singularitarian'?

>playing any fantasy game
> >one player is a pseudo-intellectual 'magician occultist' and loves to preach about it
Two can play this bait, OP.

How do you feel about space as a religion?
Because fuck all other priorities, we must claim the stars and tame the sky.

This here. I'm on Team Transhumanism for a fucking gatling gun arm, I dunno when all this cult shit got involved but I don't like it.

> What is a 'singularitarian'?
I am the very model of the modern scientist Salarian...

Idiots who don't understand the concept.

The technological singularity is the point at which a self-improving artificial intelligence gains the ability to exponentially increase its own intelligence.

This is called a 'singularity' because, after it? We have no ability to predict what will happen. A singularity AI would be so vastly intelligent any actions it might take or what would motivate it are beyond our ability to predict or comprehend.

And yet you get these stupid fucking cultists treating the singularity like some kind of atheist rapture.

Take a your average rapture soon cultists, make him a tech nerd and you've got a singularist.

I, for one, am a tech cultist. I don't think it is the rapture, but all possible outcomes are fucking amazing to me.
Cyborgs? Hell yes. War with skynet? Hell yes. Giant dystopian computer replaces government? Hell yes. Things continue as normal but with ai citizens? Hell yes. Enslaved ais for personal use? Hell yes.

Though, I am also fanatic about other things. I long for the chance to die wailing as I am torn apart by giant bugs.

I love those quotes

Fucking death cultists. Stop impurifying my perfect electric dreams of a better humanity! Damn your eyes for taking up my banner for such a filthy reason!

Tbh there is nothing wrong if another lifeform ends up being more successful than humanity and drives us extinct m8.

Sorry man, but I consider my life a failure if I don't die by falling into a reactor core, or drifting into space, or fed into an incinerator by robots, or turning to ash after a colony drop.

>tame the sky
Have you never been in an airplane? Because those fly through the sky.

I agree with this, but not with the singularity cult mentality.

I believe the singularity is inevitable, and is likely to be the most significant achievement of the human race regardless of the result, but I find the bizarre degree of focus and pseudo-worship its given just plain weird.

There damn well is. I reserve my right as human to lay waste to everything in space within my grasp.

What, like your computer and kleenex towels?

NOT GOOD ENOUGH

What about helicopters then? Drones maybe?

It's not giod enough until we can re-arrange the sky and stars with such ease that theybecome a new shitposting medium.

>Kleenex
Fucking money do you think I have?! Fucking rich boys.

>browsing anonymous imageboard
>one faggot likes to use emoticon reaction images and shitposts with them

Are you proud of yourself, OP?

Think of all the shitposts travelling through the sky in wave form. Every time someone shitposts on wi-fi he sends a little shitposting through the sky.

So you'll put $50 on a box of new minis but not $5 on a month's worth of fap material? Are you even serious about masturbating?

I didn't know you could be!

Yeah we're playing Eclipse Phase, so what?

In EP, being a singularity cultist seems close to worshipping an elder god in Call of Cthulhu.

Aren't you even on a diet to maximize your cum output?

What? No.

Don't ever reply to me again.

>buying Kleenex
>not just cumming on your chest
Wastrel.

See
Go full alpha centauri on them. Read more into the lore, both the manuals and quotes and even the gurps books.
Homo superior doesn't immediately lead to eudamonia, there's a step of nihilism along the way.