Anons, what are some of your favorite models?

Anons, what are some of your favorite models?

Fluff-wise, looks-wise, doesn't matter so long as you love it!

For me, Kranon the Relentless. He's got a nice Chaos-y look to him, really. I'd rather less gribbly bits on him, but the skull and spine backpack and his sword are awesome, as well as his helmet.

I like my nids (they're my first, which means I love them the most). I would go with the Carnifex, because who doesn't like some big beastly creature stomping and tearing things apart.

They're not as grand as a carnifex or as cool as Kranon, but something about phoenix terminator just make me diamonds.

Rather simple design when you get down to it, but they still manage to look powerfull, elegant and emitting martial prowess.

I could go on for ages about them, but i'll leave it as 'they're very pretty and well designed'

This vostroyan sniper.

Pic and gw's paint scheme doesn't do it justice, it just reeks of grim dark with the smallest hint of steam/cyberpunk

Maulerfiends.

This Daemon-engine is angry and wants to rend your flesh, it wants to rend your car, and it wants to rend your house.

I'll take three.

I love these guys.

This user knows what's up.

Also these guys, I love all the Elysian models But im too poor to afford an army of them/don't have the patience for resin but the vet squad with shotguns especially tickle my fancy for some reason

The Wood Elf Waystrider

I can't seem to bring myself to like any mon-pose model that isn't either oop or an assassin, I always want some sort of leeway to make someone look more dynamic.
Which is ironic considering that dreadnoughts of all kinds are one of my favorite models

These buggers will always be my favorite Tau model

This guy is my new favorite.
The pose is just dynamic, the armour looks amazing, the wings are just regal.

In my opinion this is one of the most perfect models GW has ever produced. Its balance of detail, size, and sense of motion just makes it a splendor to look at.

It was the model that made me pull the trigger on Khorne overall 13 years ago and I'm still fighting the long war because of it.

Old metal Plague Marines have that something special in them. They are gritty, bloated and echo death guard feel greatly. Plastic ones are crap though.

Grumlok and Gazbag.

>AoS rules when

I wish computer games could look this cool.

I love Eldar. Something about the sleekness of the models seems just right. Farseers are my favorite, mostly cause of the space wizard look they have and their lore.

god i love the Thanatar

Don't we all? I can't wait to git gud so I can build one.

For my army (Tau), the Ghostkeel. It's a very nice model that looks cool and be assembled in a lot of poses. The design has a lot of callbacks to the smaller stealth suit without looking like just the same model scaled up. It's also the size that I feel "the big battlesuit" should be (Riptides and Forgeworld's ridonculously huge ubersuit just seem too big).

Also, pretty much all of Dark Eldar and Admech lines. Both have really nice aestethics that fit the theme of the faction and look awesome on the tabletop when painted well.

Such grace.
Such style.

I just fucking love Strakken really empathizes the badass he is

Lemartes has always been my favorite character and model. His look and pose tell you everything you need to know about him being a grimdark guardian of the lost and a badass chaplain to boot.

forgot pic

I'm very fond of the emperor's champion model.

Bungy Chungis

I actually hate the pseudo WW1 aesthtic alot of IG vehicles have, but I fucking adore the futuristic look of the Vulture and Valkyrie, they're just so aggressive looking

those fellas are my fav

I love his crazy pose and angry looking visor. And I like that he's not as bulky as a Space Marine (as he shouldn't because that's a Medium Infantry unit), but is still kind of knightly. And also dat hood.

Spacepope

I know what you mean, I prefer the XV25 myself.

Always reminds me of the 'Prophets' race in Halo.

Vindicare

>not yet highlighted tho

Tau are similar to the covenant in general
>collective of alien races led by smooth talking religious leaders on hover thrones, LOVE plasma weapons, hover tanks, vespid = drones, piranha = ghosts

GW needs to get on porting 30K units into 40k. Need those rules.

The stealth suits are by far my favorite, even though I don't play Tau.

While Ghazghkull is a classic I actually really like this Ork Warboss. Good bit of character, chunky and still looks like a Boss.

Vulkan a best primarch model

the templars in general. their crusader look just seems perfect for what the imperium is. I think the templars and the sisters should just be the same army with their own codex. but lore wise I understand why they aren't.

>Backwards magazine

Confirmed for not having any idea how things work.

For me, is RV Zuyong

>Tacticool
>Lamelar-like armor
>Fucking cheap point wise
>Still hit like a full armed truck

The fluff is they are the first step on the Space Chinese Emperor's dream at full armored army regiment: cheap, compact, easy to use power armor that can be produce en masse. They are basically vet imperial guards in fully functional cheap (if a bit more brittle) power armor.

Get around his weird ass Giraldes paint scheme, give him more practical urban camo and you got one sexy armored piece.

>BEEP BOOP
>FUCK YOU
>I AM THANATAR

Makes me wish I had 30k money. Unfortunately I only have 40k 2nd edition money :(

They're designed to be a hybrid of a Harrier and an Apache/Cobra, and they somehow pulled that off phenomenally imo.

Meanwhile, there's this thing.
>"Greetings, Colonel."
>"Afternoon, Enginseer."
>"What brings you to my temple of repair?"
>"I need you to replace the weapons on my command Valkyrie with Autocannons. Orders from higher."
>"As you wish, Sergeant. How many autocannons will the retrofit require?"
>"...how many you got?"

>how many ya got?
>all of them

I use that guy when I play 2nd edition. I give him a storm shield, he.wrecks corpse worshipers all day!

The 90's plastic box of 6 where good simple detail for new painters. If I could only take my wallet on one trip back to that decade.

never thought about it. now I want some 28mm grunts to use as fire warriors.The Elites even had invisibility, perfect stealth suits.

This model from the battle of skull pass set. Mine has been my warboss ever since I snapped him together

Pic is not mine, I'm at work and just googled it

Man, I hate those pastel bumblegum paint jobs.

Been a while since GW has produced a model as good as this.

Yes. Just yes. Nothing else needs yo be added.

Dreadnoughts are what got me into 40k as a kid. They just look so fucking cool.

Just got one of these in the mail the other day for my KDK warband. Can't wait to convert him just a little to make him more space marine-ish (I don't even know how I'm gonna fit a power pack on his armor since the cloak is built into his chest but I'll find a way) and he'll be good to go.

It's like you don't even worship the Emperor

Good God-Emperor... is that an actual pattern of Valkyrie or has someone just got a hard on for Autocannons?

That shit is motivating for my Chaosfag soul

Fucking this. Wish I had some, only have the 25's

It's....perfect

My nigga. The Kastellan Robot Maniple is the perfect mix of technologies. The robots look like they belong in a 60's sci-fi movie, while the Datasmith is cybernetic as fuck.

These two, they are the embodiment of everything I love about fantasy stories. How you can aspire to greatness through courage and honor. Also they are THE heroes to comand the most glorious army in gaming~

>this whole fucking thread

Veeky Forums will always be the best fucking board. Terrific taste fatguys

Second for Vindicare!

Simple and sexy

>posting stock vindi photo because I can't paint mine worth shit

Such a funny face

don't forget the funny face

The Covinent are a mixture of the Tau and Imps when it comes down to it.

They have the Hierarchy and organization of the Tau along side the religious aspects and tech worship of the Imps

Wasn't even a competition.

What sane man DOESN'T have a hard-on for Autocannons? They're the perfect "play it safe" weapon, as they're reasonably effective against most targets. While they're not great against hordes or heavy armor, everything else is a viable target.

Honestly, I just love flamethrower tanks, even if they're not all that practical. There's nothing like hurling massive gouts of flame at the enemy while their small arms ping harmlessly at your armored shell.

THE FLAMES WILL RISE

Not the best model, but this guy was my lord for years when WHFB was still around. Love him.

The mini that got me into infinity

Old forgeworld Tyrant with scytals and venom cannon, and the new Tyrant with wings and scytals are tied for me. Beautiful models. Just wish they still made the former.

sweet jesus yes. This model is making me consider 30k and Salamanders despite them being the most ugly af space marines imo

I always wanted some fantasy cliche over the top heavy armored knights in WHFB (yes, admittedly space marine-esque). These guys fit exactly what I expected. I just now feel that they could have been executed better somehow. I guess I wish they were more humanized.

user... you do know a magazine of that style world still work right?

Harambe, nooooo!

Update, just bought a three pack

>I guess I wish they were more humanized.

Stormcasts always look better when the helmets are converted

you are correct

Im sad I sold my metal one back in the day

The entire pestilence Nurgle army that destroyed the old world was amazing. All the models were so damn great.
When can 40k chaos get these models over there?
All Rotbringer line should get a 40k fix up, and some rules. Really getting tired of gay khorne receiving everything.

I love the Lord Chompy Bits miniature from Malifaux. I painted mine up a rotten flesh colour; it was the first time I set myself a painting challenge (no washes).

Outside of that I loved making a mech out of the Killa Kan/Deff Dredd kit; so many fun options.

This is a great mini. I bought it for a mate because it's pretty much exactly how his character looked in our Deadlands RPG.

I don't like the Stormcast minis purely due to the 'default' paint scheme. I've seen some fantastic, gritty, dirty and damaged Stormcast that make me want to paint a couple.

The trouble with these guys is the scale of the thing, they need to be about 1.5 times bigger. Mine's still sitting unpainted in my special edition box.

WTF is this?

This guy right here kicks all kinda of ass. Feels like a really unique monster design, nothing else like it on the board.

Greater Daemon of Slaanesh proxy

He's so beautiful. Clean, yet aesthetic as fuck.

I'm so annoyed that getting the modern version is basically impossible AND expensive as shit. Hopefully they release it at some point, like FW does by making events limited models then selling them freely, because I want one so bad.

This motherfucker right here. The army box version has a huge knife, but I'm partial to any of the space werewolves

It's a tie between
and the LORD OF FANCY BOOTS AND COCAINE RIDING BOOBSNAKE

They're both basically perfect for their fluff. If I had to pick one of them it'd probably be the Juggerlord even though I'm a degenerate Slaaneshfag. The Juggerlord just has such a menacing design and pose without quite being overbearing visually.

Nope nope nope nope

A mag can be pretty much any shape, user. Especially on future hi-tech guns.

The GARGOYLE is the FINEST miniature in the land! Not an inch of idiotic over sculpting! When a young lad saw this miniature you know what he said? He said, "Oooh, I've gotta get in on that Heroquest action!"

AND HE WAS RIGHT