Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1F9fxJuxL7dU3pDMtyrTfJrsXOws_6WRfxnxuKwvsF7Y/edit
log-horizon.proboards.com/thread/11/05-various-subclasses
log-horizon.wikia.com/wiki/Log_Horizon_TRPG
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

These are not logs. Where's the trees?

8/10

Pros: Not SAO, actually focuses on the world, main character is actually competent. Ninja Loli.

Cons: a few glaring plot flaws that you can't help but get hung up on.

Still no actual play reports.

>Ninja Loli
She's a grown woman with a pretty small body.

The version we see in the game is build around her own self image and insecurity.

livinginthedatabase/10

Need more subclasses, and details for subclasses.

Also much much more subclasses. They are the entire reason Log Horizon is cool

also needs hidden teachings.
big theme in the second half.

So... 5e, Savage Worlds, Gurps, something else, or homebrew?

it has its own system, only its in Japanese. not sure if its been officially translated yet.

It has not been officially translated, it will never be officially translated and it has been translated.

Here's a list of info about Log Horizon subclasses, but it isn't TRPG ready

docs.google.com/document/d/1F9fxJuxL7dU3pDMtyrTfJrsXOws_6WRfxnxuKwvsF7Y/edit

Is there more detail as to what they do?

How many subclasses can a character have?

one.

you can switch as needed but you start over at lvl 1. they have the potential to level up MUCH faster than your character class though, depending on your actions.

If it gets a solid system, I'd play it. I liked the world and the actual focus on the setting. Not sure I'd want to use it as an MMO TTRPG. I'd dig just using it in a standard setting, since I like the classes. Not sure how they'd work in TTRPG, since combat is so different from that of an MMO. Hmm. I'd give it a try, at least.

It does have an official TTRPG. The rules are vaguely similar to D&D 4e, but they have some really nice rules around supporting the concept of aggro. Think 4e's defender "lose-lose" marks, but applied in a more global system where marking has to be supported by the team. As such, DPS can actually out-mark a tank, which causes the classic situation of the DPS drawing aggro faster than the tank can pull.

Do you have a copy of the translated ttrpg?

But what do they "do"?
Only a few of those on the list actually had effects.

Really? I heard a lot of bitching about LH's RPG being a lazy copypasta of Japan's d20 OGL equivalent. This is the first I've heard a) anyone say something nice about it and b) mention of special mechanics (unless the system they copied from has the aggro stuff built in).

the production ones essentially run the economy, creating food, weapons, armor, items, trade goods etc and keep the players engaging with the NPCs. also their skills let them repair broken equipment on the fly or craft ranged ammo in the field.

the role playing ones are a bit harder to nail down. some are pure fluff and bs (Feudal Lords don't do crap), some augment your classes combat capabilities (berserker, dancer, sigilmaker) or drops/exp from monsters(herbalist, hunter), some help you run a guild more effectively (accountant, housekeeper, scholar, courier), some unlock lil minigames that can get you rare items to trade with production classes (fisherman).

apprentice is semi-unique because it helps give you a massive exp buff for a -different- subclass by studying under another character. so you level apprentice to its end, then switch over to say Scribe or Chef, and skip about half of the training right away.

>But what do they "do"?
If it's not already mentioned, many simply do not have set effects. Few were described in the story because those just happened to matter and most are just name dropped in a character describtipton.

Which makes sense, when you're writing a story you don't explain every spell, weapon, armor, etc. of potentially dozens of characters. I tried, maybe three magic items did actually matter because how the characters got them showed their personality.

And apparently, fans are encouraged to make stuff up.

here's an incomplete list of leveled abilities for some of the classes.

log-horizon.proboards.com/thread/11/05-various-subclasses

I've always been interested in the Poison-User, Sigilmancer and Talismancer, but without some kind of multi-subclass ability, most of my ideas aren't viable. :P

Honestly, I'd run the sub-classes the way WoW speccs should have worked: Augmenting your build in one specific area so that you take on that role in a group.

Like Poison-User + Assassin is your classical Rouge, Guardian + Follower of the Sun God or Holy Warrior is a paladin, etc.
If you don't find anything that works, you can any of the RP or production classes to enhance the out-of-combat areas of the game.

Thanks user

>that mobile page
I'm a Web Dev and I'm crying.

This should help.

log-horizon.wikia.com/wiki/Log_Horizon_TRPG

I'd say 4e D&D, both because of memes and seriously.

I'm not as familiar with Japanese TTRPGs, so I can't attest to that or not. That said, when I looked at the hate mechanics I couldn't help but be impressed by how they pulled it off. It feels similar to hate in MMOs, but it doesn't force the GM to do certain things (it just provides disincentives for hitting anything that isn't "hate-top").

While it is based on Japan's d20 OGL equivalent, it doesn't seem to be a particularly bad one, because Mamare Touno actually does know a thing or two about TRPGs.

I haven't managed to play a session of it yet, so I can't really tell, but whenever I read the rules, I get the feeling that something about them is profoundly wrong, yet upon looking up details, they always seem to check out.