What fictional books would you pay to read?

What fictional books would you pay to read?

Aside form most of the books mentioned in SMAC, I'd love to read the book John Hammond's quotes in Trespasser are supposed to be from. The game itself is rubbish, but Hammond's quotes are very interesting. From the stuff you hear in the game we can gather that the book was his autobiography, where he explained how they started the whole Jurassic Park thing.

P'dwahr M'Ankanon Nyarlathotep.

Fuck this shitty reality, I'm getting out of here.

The Lusty Argonian Maid, of course

The Lusty Argonian
Maid.

The orange catholic bible. What the fuck is in it? How much of it is actual christian dogma, and how much is anti-machine ideology? It's referred to so often yet we actually know so little of it.

I'm pretty sure either the mentat handbook or any of the bene gesserit manuals would be better

leto's journals would also be pretty interesting

All those books with blurred titles in Dark Souls.

All of them.

I'd like to read the texts of irulan myself

Anything by GreenGreen.

The Codex Astartes

>What fictional books would you pay to read?
Well, I'd pay to read anything ultra-violent and sci-fi or pretentious and modernist. You know I just lo-

>What books in fictional universes would you pay to read?
Clearly the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, followed closely by the Mad Arab Necronomicon.

the yellow sign

anything from Jonathan Strange & Mr norrell

the gravity falls diaries

the rest of Canterbury Tales

Two things user:

>1) I don't believe you've read that godforsaken fart-joke filled horror story.

>2) If you had read Canterbury Tales, why would you want to consume even more of your life with that incredibly long bullshit?

Does "read" automatically imply it will come in language I can understand (even if the book originally didn't)?

Yeah sure, whatever floats your boat.

My grammar was fine. I said fictional books, not books of fiction.

36 Lessons of Vivec, From The Many-Headed Talos. Even if it's another world, understanding the nature of it's very existence so well would be amazing.

The Witcher saga as written by Dandelion (he did publish it in-universe as an old man)

Literally any book from Dune seems like the the best choice. Personally I'd want the personal logs Leto II kept by having those implants in his head transferring his thoughts to printers in secret 24/7 for 3,000 years.

MY NIGGA

Correct answers.

"Gee, I'm hungry for Sand Trout" would probably crop up a lot.

I mean, he was mostly worm by that point right?

I would like to read it too and it would be nice to see actual reasons to why it sucks instead of "omg cant have an entire legion of marines this is gaaaaaay"

Supposedly it's a completely infallible book of military strategy though, so maybe you could just take over the world with it somehow.

All these elder scrolls fans and not one of you wants to see what wonders lay between the plush covers of the pillow book?

Rolled 95 (1d100)

>Cracked

In that case - Voynich Manuscript

This hive mind occurrence nearly got dismissed by our sensors sir.

That's an easy one: Hogwarts, A History

Isn't a lot of that already told in Jurassic Park though?

>fictional
I don't recognize ALL these titles but those I do recognize are real, or at least existing forgeries.

The Octavo, gonna learn me some Great Spells

The King in Yellow
It actually seems like a good play

Also for extra emery: the mad Arab's writings

No mask?

Yes, in the novel. But it would be pretty interesting to read de-fictionalized version of Hammond's memoires.

Great line, it may seem like a cliche horror film reveal but it sends chills down my spine

I'd rather get How To Pick Up Fair Maidens, personally.