Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Faith Rewarded edition

Previous thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar poetry is shit):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_legendary_creatures
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there's already a general retard

DELET THIS

Noticed it after the refresh. Too old to delete.

Have fun guys

Named characters: Inquisitor Greyfax, Archmagos Belisarius Cawl.

And obviously Celestine. The two on the side are called Gemini. :)

>Gemini
Gemini are brothers, though. GW, why are you so stupid sometimes, even when you're being cool.

They're only doing this stuff BECAUSE it got leaked

New Celestine + bodyguard
10,000 year old Magos
Plastic female inquisitor
Gathering Storm: Fall of Cadia

Belisarius might just be my favourite model release.

So Celestine gets squatted, then a month later comes back.

I don't understand GW.

Ad mech named character confirmed ?

>all those white hands getting in the way

It's like I'm looking at someone posting their minature in the WiP general thread

>squatted
>model retired
>new rules released in new book

This is all

Sisters of Battle, Black Templars and Yarrick boys go to Cadia.

#TakeCadiaBack
#WeAreCancelingTheApocalypse

Abaddon's little video was pretty cool.

>The jewel of the imperium will be dust in my hand

I haven't got my hands on IA yet. Could someone tell me whether Immolators are DTs for troops or not? And how many sweapons can 6 sisters have?

Fall of Cadia 7th January.

Fucking Admech named character who looks like a complete beast :)

On the one hand I am pleased that my Black Templar Kill Team will suddenly be relevant.

On the other hand I'm going to be supremely fucking envious of the new models.

>The size of a Carnifex

you missed a spot

Well guess I'm starting an Ad Mech force now.

New Mins

> Toughness 6 and 5 wounds have been confirmed on stream.

what mythological creature names are even left in the chimera variant name pool?

A sly eldar

Its just so fucking perfect.

Nobody cares SOB players; you are still just an allied army for the real Space Marines.

>He has been working for over 10,000 years on a single task / goal for the Imperium.

>Post YFW after Abaddon and co have steamed out of the Eye, he uses the Cadian Pylons to seal the eye shut for good behind him

>mfw inquisitor will be 25£
>mfw I'll buy it anyways because I am a slut

The beer belly kind of makes him look like what I imagine a Veeky Forums shitposter looks like in the 41st millenium.

>plan to finally start a Sisters army to get back into 40k when they go plastic
>always wanted to do BTs as well

This certainly worked out nicely.

They're on the high point again like a few months ago, the post-disappointment depression will settle in after new years.

inquisitors with hats are always jobbers. Also the hats look shit. rest is nice

Do we happen to have this as an epub yet?

Here's the other screenshot then

He's 10'000 years old AT LEAST, would make sense for him to have the stats of a Horus Heresy Archmagos kitted out. And at what looks like nearly 300pts, he better have Eternal Warrior.

I wish they didn't stick QUITE so many bits on him though, gonna be a bastard to paint and transport. Then again, if I can do him justice he will be a ballin' centerpiece who can, judging by his toughness, throw down with the best of them.

You also missed the part where Eddie and Rob said she thinks Saint Celestine is warp-spawn

>40k writers pick up HH6 out of curiosity
>giggling about how modest and reasonable most of the rules are
>someone gets to Anacharis Scoria
>T6, 5 wounds, EW, 2+/3++/5+++, and a staff that automatically does D3 wounds
>they realize that 30k has a character with better rules and more power creep than 40k
>"Oi, fookin' 'ell blokes, we can't have that rubbish!"

Calling it now, this guy is going to be the Scoria of 40k because the 40k writers noticed that FW made a non-primarch character that can bench press a truck.

They said she didn't trust her, that's all.

Any idea on how tall that would be? Looks like a 32mm base which would make her as tall if not taller than a Marine.

modifiy yourself into a mechanical slug

Admech have a mental disorder

I bet that guy hasn't sat down in a chair for like 900 years

People have been shipping them forever. GW would be foolish to miss out on the chance to see them compete over who is purer.

>I wish they didn't stick QUITE so many bits on him though, gonna be a bastard to paint and transport.

I feel like the miniature designers sometimes forget these things are suppose to be lugged around to the old shop for a fight every now and then

why sit in a chair when you can graft your torso in a walking chair with ten legs? they're literally called "abeyants" in the 30k rules after all

Thanks man. The detail in this model is insane. Just look at the legs/claws/spiderthing.

thay dont have to cover it up, their stream is bad enough quality.

anyone have a rip of the stream? they locked the VoD behind subscribing

Ick, anything extractable from that other than that he's 2 hundred and ninety something points, and T6 W5 as the guys spoke out in the video?

The regular Dominus is already enough of a beast, I had one roll Eternal Warrior in a game yesterday and wipe the floor with a Khorne lord with Axe of Blind Fury, then go on to tank two laspreds for the next three turns and raining hell on anything that got anywhere near.
Imagine that, times three, with Named Character powers. DO WANT.

Yep, definitely. His back half is fine, it's just the massive numbers of servo-arms and stiff on his middle back and all down his front. Even with the Admech, less is more sometimes.

It's 4$, user.

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Top of the head (hat notwithstanding) should be about marine height. Marines standing straight (eg, deathwatch boys, assault marines, certain tactical legs) will be a touch taller.

I imagine she'll be about the same size as the sisters of silence.

Are they going into the webway?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_legendary_creatures
maybe this list will help you

>Even with the Admech, less is more sometimes.
Not for this guy. Not for a 10,000 year old mad tinkerer. This is everything I could ever want from an ancient admech character. This guys a centre piece model. 3 years ago I would have laughed if youd told me I could even play this faction now here I am.

They don't really tell us anything interested anyways. New rules for the three new characters, rules for playing games set around Cadia, new AdMech dude has been around for 10K years trying to do something (resurrect a primarch most likely) and has T6 with 5 W. They stop every other minute to repeat the same thing that anyone with working eyes and half a brain can see.

Its jewish even for GW. Literally making people pay to watch a fucking advertisement. They're not some ramen eating youtuber (not that I give them money either)

Also if people are paying for this shit they should't fuck up any rules in bat reps.

Its just fucking heresy and you are a heretic

just wait a few hours and then it will be on youtube

It's free to watch live, user.

thanks user, I was looking through that earlier, but nothing really stuck out, or was already taken by other vehicles.

So far it's mainly been just classical monster names from Europe and the Mediterranean, hasn't it?

She passed her Act of Faith roll.

Owning old Manlet Marines is suffering.

On their yt or some guy who ripped it?

Its still greedy as fuck man.

>Also if people are paying for this shit they should't fuck up any rules in bat reps.
I could forgive that if the rest of the production was worthwhile, but it's not. The battle reports were shitty, and the Wolvs versus Sons games was a stellar example of just how shitty current 40k rules are.

It's not though.

Yeah, sliding scales are a pain in the ass no matter what game they show up in.

They gave us 47 "this is amazing and exciting!" Statements for every actual word of info.

Don't get me wrong, I expect a certain amount of that from sales people, and it's perfectly fine up to a point. The problem is they pushed so hard it backfired and made me reflexively more negative and critical.

It's also completely impossible to get invested in their campaign info until we know for sure, rather than just some vague brush off assurances, they aren't about to AoS the fluff.

I totally agree

>Its still greedy as fuck man.
They came here posted leaks and gave fair warning. Shit will be up on thier youtube in a couple of hours I'm sure. Im happy.

Notice that the entire rest of the line wasn't squatted. Plastic Sister inbound, get ready for salt.

I know everyone's speaking about the sisters (for a good reason) but any idea what Gangs of Comorragh is going to be? Comorragh Necromunda boxed game?

Oh no, I love the aesthetic down to the ground, I just have a grudge against servo-skulls since they always break for me.

You can also see he has IC and Feel no Pain, not that that's such a surprise.
Assuming he won't have worse stats than the Dominus, thats T6, 5w, FnP, 2+ 4++ or 3++ without EW (not too big a deal since he's T6, but still a pain).
Unless someone nails him with a D-missile or a Stomp, he's sticking around with whatever crazy abilities he might have.

I'd like that, but I doubt it'll be that elaborate.

This game is so fucking broken man.

I thought they would have at least given us something that we didn't already know was coming.

The repeated mentions of how good the rules are make me skeptical/nervous as fuck. Their track record has been pretty all over the place lately, and these new guys are either going to be broken as fuck or near worthless.

>I just have a grudge against servo-skulls since they always break for me.
Understandable user, and I do see your point but man I want that model.

They literally had no plan for today.

They put this shit together in a couple hours because of the leaks.

God, that's cheap looking .
Good thing the model looks good.

Fantasy got AoS'd because it didn't sell. 40k is one of the most popular sci-fi IPs out there currently, and is GW's cash cow. It will not see a drastic fluff reboot, only mild progression.

Really user?

>On their yt or some guy who ripped it?

thats up to you, both things will probably happen, but people who ripped it will probably upload faster

Kyklop Assault gun/ Kyklop Gun sounds good to me,

Maybe you could reuse some old names, like Medusa Siege Gun, Whatever pattern.

Nuh-uh, GW is totally fixed now and everything is fine. Ignore the continuous inability to make a fun, balanced game, that's just your biased grognardy opinion. Didn't you see how much fun that casual Thousand Sons versus Space Wolves game was on their stream last week?

Me too, and we only have to wait until the 7th. Good job I saved about £60 of what was going to be Xmas presents for myself, I should be able to get him. Knight, lots of hobby things, and him if his rules are as good as they look. Even if they aren't probably going to nab him.

Ok, new player here. Trying to decide between Dark Eldar and Chaos Marines (of the night lord variety if it matters). Any opinions on the matter? And does anyone have a case to make on which I should pick?

>imperial guard Cyclops
>it's a chimera converted to a tank destroyer
>get rid of top truuet and transport capacity, hull mounted vanquisher cannon
>100 points

>imperial guard harpie
>Small recon flyer from the imperial navy
>av10 all round, 10 man transport, grav chute, a single multi-laser
>80 points, may swap the multi laser for a tl lascannon for 15
>dedicated transport for scions

I actually didn't and I won't pay GW shekels for reports, what happened in brief?

7th was preorder I think.

>f his rules are as good as they look.
And hell yeah I hope so. I dont need broken I just need useable. I'll run a list around that model for sure. Just give me 6 months to paint it properly haha.

Chaos Marines are the more forgiving and more competitive option (not that Night Lords are very competitive). On the other hand, their models are older and uglier and more likely to get a significant overhaul within the next year.

Go to a game store, and look for players for the two. Ask them about the factions, see if you can get a demo game in or two.

>Cyclops
Google Cyclops Demolition Engine

That's a lovely vague assurance, but this campaign is following exactly the same pattern as the End Times books did.

This company has rebuilt a lot of burned bridges since the new CEO, but until Abaddon gets his face kicked back into his hole and an 8th edition that still has an initiative stat, full points values (rather than the half-assed "an entire unit costs this much and you can double it's size for the sake cost again" points the GBB patched in) and non random turn orders... I've been burned, and that trust needs to be earned back, not just assumed to be safe.

God willing 8th will sweep all the superheavy and LoW nonsense back into a "for fun" gamemode so people who like games where infantry actually matter can enjoy themselves.

agree

Can somebody give me a pic of a Taurox next to a Goliath Truck for scale? or if anyone owns both and doesn't want to take a pic, can a Taurox be converted into a reasonable Goliath?

>but until Abaddon gets his face kicked back into his hole

user, you know that you can't credibly expect the Imperium to win every time, right?

And we were talking about the fluff, not th gameplay. I'll not make any assurances about what 8th will do for the gameplay. I'm simply saying that you're a blithering idiot if you think GW will reboot and radically alter the fluff keeping their entire company afloat.