Has anybody set up or participated in a chainlink masternode?

i know the main net isnt up, but seems like a good opportunity to get in early. curious what kind of expenses the data sources required look like.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14624204
youtube.com/watch?v=7JXpjUr3pfI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

linkpool . io from htat medium page talks about it

I too would like to master some nodes.

I'm curious what type of data would be valuable to smartcontracts. Im sure on adoption all the easy shit like weather and interest rates will be hammered and hence cheap, but there has got to be some oddball stuff to provide worth bank. Fish prices at the dock? The number of vehicles to cross a bridge in a day?

You can either run a node on your own and compete with other nodes, or you can stake your link in a pool that does it for you.

Sergey clearly has a very good understanding of fintech and the mechanics behind bitcoin/ethereum.

The autists on this board really arent kidding when we say you should buy this. this is among the layer 3 and 4 coins like ada.

Except Ada will benefit from LINK's services as well.

Linkpool.io is one of the first pools to allow this. Will likely have the highest volume since they are the first ones to make a pool.

Yup. Ethereum is our decentralized computer. LINK is like that computer's internet. It will be what allows blockchains to eat the world. Their seemingly successful pursuit of positioning themselves as a major player in fintech is really just icing on the cake. LINK will go on to underlie all of the best future blockchain projects.

The pool is my current option. I'm excited to be one of the first in it. But me and some friends are thinking about investing 50k in a project. Master nodes seem like a good idea and link is tempting as fuck. Ground floor right now.

Thanks for the info anons

Yeah, I'm not sure what's needed either. Tbh, it's such a new idea, nobody knows. We will just have to see what happens when it gets rolling. Trying to be on top of the game when it's running

Same. I've been wanting to hack on blockchains for a while but nothing has really tickled my fancy enough to carve out the time. My mind has been racing since I bumped into Chainlink though. It opens up a whole new world of options and fits more into my normal work. Been trying to think of a few low hanging fruit that other apps are going to need.

At this point, if people still aren't in LINK and believe all the fud...Gonna be painful to see all the pink, red and purple wojacks.

This is like buying ETH at 1$. You just have to wait 1 year. 2 years and you're set for life. 3 years and you are a multimillionaire just sitting on his ass all day getting thousands of $$$ every month from the LINK pool.

Don't fuck this up. The possible reward is infinitely better than holding your money safely.

Well everyone shilling link talks about retarded "YOU MISSED THE BOAT?!! NOT YET NIGGA CHECK OUTT MY MAN SERGEY". You're scaring them away. not that I care, Just sold the top of this pump and will buy back in to accumulate more. Like I always do.

>Like I always do.

Hopefully you remember this post for when you get left behind. I hope you're swinging safely, because one of these pumps will not be like the rest.

glad to see there are actually a few anons on here who truly understand what LINK will do.

You have, by far, the worst communication skills I have ever had the misfortune of reading in the entirety of Veeky Forums.

if eth is layer 2, and link is layer 3, what is layer 1?

Bitcoin.

Distributed ledger technology. AKA blockchain.

Im excited for the future of LINK, but I dont' think the market hasnt woken up to it yet. It's too obscure and without any real development or promotion, normies just can't/won't hear about it. Once the news bombs drop it'll blast off. Until then? Accumulate.

ok then what's layer 0?

currency aka reserve of labour

the point i was trying to make is.... ermm... how about distributed internet routing?

Layer 0 would be Blockchain or a linked list with cryptography.

Layer 1 is Bitcoin with the mining and consensus for choosing blocks to pin to the blockchain

Layer 2 is Ethereum
Making money more or less programmable

Layer 3/4 is Link and Cardano
Trusted source for using API's in the programmable money and allowing it to be used for voting.

>Fish prices at the dock?
That’s a pretty good idea, but I think it’ll take decades for the people who actually care about that kind of data to catch up. But prices for pretty much anything could be used for fingech applications. Eventually I think just about anything under the sun will be useful as a data source of some kind.

Anything and everything. This is my prediction on the first couple useful oracles:
First phase - Basic bitch data, useful just about everywhere, even by other oracles
RNG/Crypto RNG,
Block/Unix time stamps,
Market tickers,
Basic message systems

Second phase - Novel uses
Game asset data,
Sport event data,
Generic data storage,
Time capsules,

Third phase - Real motherfucking shit
Certificate Authorities,
Transient DNS,
Public record retrieval,
Mail/Parcel Tracking,
Whistleblowing/Dump tools,
Real world weather and traffic data,
Torrent trackers
Also remember that many smart contracts will require redundant oracle feeds depending on how mission critical it is to get accurate and untampered data. Expect alot of checksums, signatures and timestamps.

What does Cardano do again?

Vote, my dudes

strawpoll.me/14624204

eth fork that doesn't fork. don't listen to them.

I'm sorry you can't read.

Not many resources on how to set up your own node

youtube.com/watch?v=7JXpjUr3pfI

Quality link thread? In MY Veeky Forums?

How much money could I make by staking say 10k LINK on nodes?

This. Set one up in about an hour with zero programming skills. It was just the testnet but I'm sure when it goes live there will be easier ways.

Yeah, I had rolled across this previously. Watching it now. Glad the fudding stops when the thread gets real. Thanks anons