Horus Heresy General /hhg/

40k Time of Ending is upon us, abandon all hope and turn to 30k edition
Advent sub edition

Last time on hhg A unofficial errata was discussed for the second time. MKIII was everywhere. TS and AL finer points were discussed. Direct control was assumed.

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belisarius
youtube.com/watch?v=oZIzreiseMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for BL and H enabling you to face your daddy issues!

Second for the Seventh. We are fortifying this thread.

Third for the Third Legion

Hail, fellow Son of Dorn!

Anyone going to the New Year's Open Day?

Not me I will begin basic training at the second of january.

>Fug.

A couple of people have commented on the weird curving belly of the upcoming techpriest dude, and for a while I couldn't put my finger on what was strange about the model. But, I've got it, I've worked out what the silhouette reminds me of.

Reminder that this techpriest is:
>10,000 years old
>mysterious, nobody knows what he's been up to or what his plans/aims are
>and nobody knows what he looks like under the robes and gadgets

How hard is it for him to get around?

Oh I see.

I don't get it.

He's (manifestation of) Void Dragon.

OK. Neat.

Which episode of ETTS did he say this anyway?

My fellow /Fortifiers/

First episode after his reveal.

It's a centaur-like frame. Can't really tell without the 360 view, but it looks like there'd be 4 legs under the robes, and his torso comes up like a centaur's (with belly plate+hunchback plate ontop)

>Belisarius Cawl.
I wonder if he'll be anything like his namesake.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belisarius

Can I get a laydown on who that toaster molesting guy is, and why he's important?

Children of the Emperor! Death to his foes!

Great dread, Palatine Goose.

Hey guys... I am thinking about doing a renegades and heretics side project and thoufht about maybe kitting them out so they fit a cults and militia list as well.

I bought some tempestus minis to hereticify since I plan on going the route of the bloody handed reaver space pirate!

How much can I toy around with 3rd party stuff and still keep my guys rules conform?

I thought about using FWs regular renegade upgrade kit for special weapons teams etc, but using these neat WW1 brit helmets as more armoured stormtrooper heads.

I am also toying with the idea to swap some weapons for sonic looking stuff, as I read Black Crusade material about some slaaneshi world that is really good at manufacturing those and subjugators etc. Doesn't need to be slaaneshi, can just be cool heretek/xeno stuff.

>I want wires and weapons that look like they liquify people with sound.

Please help, I dont want to be thrown into mini- limbo because of this

Belisarius Cawl, a new Admech named character for the 40k Fall of Cadia book in January.

Is over 10k years old, and has been working on the same mission since the Heresy. We don't know what that is yet, but there's art of him in thr Webway with Black Templars and an Deldar Incubi, so it might be something to do with the "fixing the Throne" thing in the Cult Mech book.

Statwise we don't know much, but he's T6, 5W and FnP, has some special abilities of unspecified power and is around 290/200 points.

Sounds a bit like Scoria, but probably no EW so probably not anywhere near that power level. Still buying the model though, it's awesome if a bit overdone even for an Archmagos, but I guess that will be mitigated by him being Carnifex-sized.

>Is over 10k years old, and has been working on the same mission since the Heresy. We don't know what that is yet, but there's art of him in thr Webway with Black Templars and an Deldar Incubi, so it might be something to do with the "fixing the Throne" thing in the Cult Mech book
Okay so that explains him in that picture in the 40k General.
>is 10k years old
>working on the same mission
I only want to know more.

Really overdone, looks like some warmachine stuff.

>:^)

Warhammer Community lists him as an Archmagos Dominus, which is a Heresy-era Legio Cybernetica commander.

Well, that's all we know for now. Book is 14th January, so we'll have the details soon. Hurry up, time!

Yeah, that's his rank. I play both variants of Mechanicum, this will be nice to have a model that works in both, same as the regular plastic Dominus. Kind of hoping he gets to fight something like a Daemon Engine/Titan and BTFO it with Cybertheurgy. He full well could have been a Dominus during the Heresy, too.

Since when did Magos live that long?

If a space marine can do it, so can a magos.

Magos have a better eeason than spess muhreens desu.

I remember there is some old fluff about Fabricator Generals having access to Dreadnought like life support system bodies but it will drive them insane.

B E L I S A R I U S

Plz don't betray him.

But space marines can't usually do it unless strapped to a walking hospital bed. And some guys in the Crusade were already old, can you imagine 9800 years of being old?

I will agree Magi have a usually higher life expectancy than a marine because they're not expected to kill 10 000 orks in melee or something, but still the most I thought they lived was like 600 years, or at most 2.5 times what Kryptman has lived.

>marines can't do it unless strapped to a walking hospital bed

That seems to be more because they'll die in combat than anything about dying of old age.

(Non chaos) Marines do age a bit and can deteriorate physically (enough that they aren't worth taking along in most combat drops) but we haven't seen one actually die of old age yet. It may or may not be possible, they just don't get the chance.

I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to notice the Comic Sans.

I chose it deliberately to see if I could get a reaction. Surprises me it's taken this long.

Magi tend to have the greatest lifespans in the Imperium because they're not spending their lives killing things 24/7, they have access to the best technology the Imperium can offer (since they're the ones crafting it), and because they tend to replace 95% of their organic body with machinery.

As for a total lifespan, I'd imagine they could live centuries, or even a few thousand years, but I don't know about 10k. Then again, Mechanius fluff hasn't really been elaborated on until recently, so for all we know it's possible. Marines have crazy long lifespans as well, even outside of a dread, it's just that combat almost always claims them first.

The latter suits me more.

Chaos has to have some advantages beyond spawnhood.

Didn't last-last thread we have a guy quoting Fabius saying "No, you're not immortal, brother" or similar?
It's usually a non-issue for most marines, since even their commanders die in the field, but still...

How would he know? He's just a series of terminally ill clones.

It certainly helps, chaos champions come back from the dead like...some clever cultural reference.

Perhaps BELISARIUS undergoes routine cryo/stasis or similar?
>How much will it take for the artificial moon to grow?
>840 years, lord.
>Excellent. Wake me in a century for routinary supervision. Do not wake me for anything stupid...or else! Fuck yeah, I'm Belisarius!

>Reading Master of Mankind
>Emp is a turbo-autist who refers to his sapient creations by numbers and genuinely can't comprehend why they might be slightly upset that he regards them as disposable

Explains a lot actually...

>I am also toying with the idea to swap some weapons for sonic looking stuff, as I read Black Crusade material about some slaaneshi world that is really good at manufacturing those and subjugators etc. Doesn't need to be slaaneshi, can just be cool heretek/xeno stuff.

>I am also toying with the idea to swap some weapons for sonic looking stuff, as I read Black Crusade material about some slaaneshi world that is really good at manufacturing those and subjugators etc. Doesn't need to be slaaneshi, can just be cool heretek/xeno stuff.

the EC got their inspiration to modify their soldiers with sonic implants from an alien race(the lear i think, are called).
i think is ok

I did some research now, apparently gw is nazi as fuck about 3rd party bits.

Might just try to attach regular aonic blasters with some extra wires as hotshot lasguns and a bit of green stuff.

I mean, I think its ok as well, but apparently if the store guys say...or on offical events you only getto use their shit.

But thanks for the support,who needs tournaments anyway.official ones that is.

>Comic Sans
I'm still not noticing it.

Oh, we all saw it since day one.
We just didn't give a fuck and posted First for the First and sheit.
I mean, if I have had a problem with it I would have fixed it myself.

How long before Eldar get their own book about how they fought the Traitor fleets and slowed them down and ultimately helped save Terra so that we can get Forgeworld-exclusive Wraithoniichans?

About 10 000 years

Ha where have you been that op jas been around for a while

Emperor is literally a Bleach character in MoM, literally Aizen tier as far as super powerful masterminds who stand above all of creation go.

Humans are humans because of their mortality, and even then most old people have already ran out of fucks to give.
Now imagine an immortal one who knows humans cannot be trusted to run things by themselves yet, but wants them to be.

>Forgeworld-exclusive Wraithoniichans?

Fuck that, I'm tired of all these exclusive onii-chans. It's time for FW to start making some exclusive-nee's.

Humanity was once great, the Emperor only wants to lead humanity back to its former greatness. Remember in 40kverse, everything evil and vile is in some way fuel or a byproduct of Chaos and the ultimate end game to get humanity to a transcendental Human Webway Heaven would have ultimately purified humanity (as far as the Emperor's gameplan went).

False.
Emps doesn't care about empires, those can be rebuilt. The modern Imperium is cimented on the remnants of the aftermath of Skynet.
What Emps wants is to lessen mankind being vulnerable to daemons popping out of some backwater planet's witch's skull.
The details on that plan are skubby (psychic race, webway, no psychic race), but all agree Emps thinks mishaps and daemons are a bad thing.

That's pretty much what he said.

What I tried to say is mankind's "former greatness" was at that time as great as Tau's.
I pretty much only disagree to the first sentence.

>What I tried to say is mankind's "former greatness" was at that time as great as Tau's.

wut? correct me if some new book retconned this, but wasn't humanity pre-DAoT at least equal to Eldar pre-Fall?

Tau are like 5000 years old, weren't pre-DAoT humans 15 000+? GIve them that time and see what happens.
But I assumed they were Halo-like.
And by Halo-like I'm referring to that pre-historic human empire that did war with the ones who built the rings.
Advanced dudes with funny names like Fortencho.

I know. I made it when people complained that we were always using the same OP.

Tau were also allegedly helped along by a nearby Craftworld. Not quite the same set of circumstances.

The whole Eldar/dAoT humanity dichotomy has never been explained, although Eldar never make any reference to ever having respected humanity in the past. It very well could be that the Eldar inhabited one part of the Galaxy around the eye of terror and humanity was mostly around Terra.

If i'm not mistaken, but in the Halo-Verse wasn't humanity almost equal to the forerunners? Can't remember what the exact reason was, but on one of forgeworlds heresy books, i'm pretty sure they alluded to DAoT humanity having similar levels of tech, something about hard light ships?

Possibly never. Didn't FW say they weren't going to do 30k xenos?

Both Tau and Eldar are incompetents who were uplifted by a superior race (Eldar and Old Ones, respectively). Only mankind developed on its own.

To be fair, Eldar was rallied to fight a galactic horror with the technological equivalent of sticks and stones down to the last man for a fight they didn't ask for. They get props for barely surviving after the entire galaxy went belly up.

So, since Belasaurus Rex and his boner are apparently 10,000 years old, do you think there will be AoD rules for him? And why should we care anyway when Scoria exists?

Yes, that's what I said.
But I think their ships were simply powerful regular ships.
The ones that had psionic architecture were the Precursors, akin to forerunners for both Ancient Humans and the Forerunners themselves.
And the origin of the Flood
Humans only lost the war because they waged a war on two fronts.

Loyalist scoria

Scoria suddenly loses Eternal Warrior. Would he be balanced?
Alternate:
He keeps EW but loses his Vhodian "D-1 Str" scepter for a weapon that still does D3 wounds but on a 4+. How about now?
>Loyalist Fortification-centered Magos named BELISARIUS
pic related

He's got a model.

SUDDENLY A REASON TO PLAY ANOREXIC ROBOTS

>>Loyalist Fortification-centered Magos named BELISARIUS
>>mfw allied with Imperial Fists

I said it thinking of Iron Warriors so they could get allied with other than Cybernetica and Kyr-Vhalen the shit out of it, but I understand Fists would like him as well.

Not trying to derail /hhg/ any longer, but i could have sworn that at least the didact's ship was literally have different forerunners constructs/machines forming from the hull of his ship on his whim... Also the fucking Ancilla

Because Scoria was a mistake

Scoria is necessary to make us give a shit about the Dark Mechanicum in the end times. Scoria kicking Horus' ass with one hand tied behind its back is a mistake, though.

I guess so, Fs and Humies were pretty much in the same tech level.
Also, the fucking Sphynxes, man.
The only legacy of the Didact's kids were their thought patterns in their war walkers.
Now that's akin to what I think DAoT was like...and that's 40k Tau, since O'Vesa-9 is exactly that.
A remembrance of a friend and mentor in a war machine.
See this? I'm substantiating my claims :^)

Volkite Cavaliers versus Chargers on a footslogging tactical support squad?

Bit strong, its pretty much an even fight.

And he is slow as hell and has no assault transport.
I think he would be balanced with a points bump to around 425 and a move to the Lord of War slot, since he doesn't hand out Primarch buffs unless you run Cybernetica with hardly any Cortex Controllers for some reason.

I feel a lot of the hate for Scoria is just legionfags being butthurt that their snowflakes can be beaten in a dick-swinging contest. The amount of times I've seen a lone Primarch take on a lone Scoria is a tad low. Dorn got killed (presumably) by a dogpile, for god's sake, it's not like they're invincible.

>Substantiating my claim
I'm thankful we're not comic-vine or one of those fucking sites and we can actually take each others words for relative worth

Also doesn't help that i read those book so long ago, But Black Box is still best AI

You don't get anyone to give a shit about Dark Mechanicum by giving them an OP character. You make people give a shit about Dark Mechanicum by giving them fluff and rules and units.

I bet he was an accident. They added a bunch of stuff without realizing how he was better than a primarch but about half the price. It doesnt make any sense. He is wildly undercosted and wildly over powered.

Should be 500+ and a LoW

I'd go calivers with footsloggers. 30'' range means they either don't have to move or only gotta move once.

This. Also, if you're going to make Mechanicum Primarch equivalents, can we have a loyalist or Ordo Reductor one, please? And can they be more focussed on buffing their armies than the Primarchs, but less good in a fight?

Scoria needs a nerf, but not too much of one. Either you want Primarchs to be untouchable monsters in melee and no-one else, or others need to at least TRY and fight them without breaking out the Grav-myrmidons and hoping.
Not all of us run Cybernetica MC spam cheese or 12 Medusa Ordo Reductor, give us a chance against your big boys with daddy issues.
(Not on about people like Angron or Fulgrim, they should be awesome duellists by anyone's standard).

I've derailed my fair share of threads to know how to rail them back in.
I shall investigate what this "comic-vine" of yours is and why it's as bad as you say.
Also, having a companion AI in your self-sufficient armour...
Well, the closest we have in 40k is our tanks' machine spirits, huh?

>He keeps EW but loses his Vhodian "D-1 Str" scepter for a weapon that still does D3 wounds but on a 4+. How about now?
Maybe EW should be a Mechanicum upgrade.
I mean, the blacksmith legion has the blanket of EWhood, why can't we?!
Please let Belisarius be a Loyalist Reductor.
Or at least make Decima Invictus good for something other than suicide Haywire bomb.

because only animals and good smithing make EW
Smithing lvl 99.

Tanks are the best universal soldier, in all batlefields.
Even underwater or in reentry
youtube.com/watch?v=oZIzreiseMk

Do you have that Battlefield webm or gif where the tonk got blasted into the air to shoot down a plane?

>Scoria needs a nerf
Ideally he needs to be less killy. He's a walking armoury. His septre needs a nerf, just one wound per hit. That alone tones him down significantly.

Having 4 septre attacks that deal d3 AP2 auto wounds per HIT, plus his array for 2 S6 AP2 wounds with shred on top of a 3++, FnP, and EW is disgusting. Plus all his primarch esque army rules. For 275? Are you kidding me?

I vote:
-1 auto wound per septre hit instead of d3
-Remove EW or FnP
-Remove Cyber Familiar
-Increase by 100 or more points

His cost is way too low, by a county mile. As-is he should be horus level of points.

Comic-Vine, SpaceBattles, Factpile, they're all cest pool places where people more often than not have versus matches with characters from every which universe. But they become super (perturabo levels) anal about citing facts and shit. Not that what they're doing is bad or anything is just turns extremely cancerous real fast. There is a reason why you should never compare comic characters and anime characters to any other type of source medium... Like any fan group, people ramp up their faction considerably, made worse when it seems like every faction in marvel has like a million different reality warping weapons... REEEEEE

Also anyone want to comment on this orbital assault list? Not really trying to be competitive for anything, We play 30k for fluff and fun... right>

Yeah, the tiny generic techpriest. Because that's what he was 10,000 years ago. Either that or a fetus

And my praetor has two combi weapons apparently... whoops

I'm not sure, user.

That's the one, user.
>the tonk still explodes when it hits the ground
What a waste of a good tonk.

Faith status: Had.

>But they become super (perturabo levels) anal about citing facts and shit. Not that what they're doing is bad or anything is just turns extremely cancerous real fast
You can't see me but I'm crossing my arms and squinting at you right now, because I believe we are the Dodekatheon. But we do get cancerous at times, so I uncross my arms and shrug.

Explodes? It has become a crater, user. It is one with the universe now, ascended it has.
A good tonk has become an even better crater.

Eh, usually start good, and some times you get actual sane debates and discussions, but grimly it does become cancer all to often. Stay strong brother from the IV

All of those at once? Most Primarchs already wound on a 2+, so that cuts his damage in half, removes the ability to not display to a random Paragon blade to a 50%, and then makes him cost like Mortarion while dying to any random Praetor quite often.
I'd be fine with losing FnP, a price hike and being in the Lord of War slot.

Is your objection to Mechanicum characters being able to beat Primarchs in general, or just with being able to beat Horus? Because many Magi are more experienced than said Primarchs. Not sure why you get all the fun.

>That tiny megaphone

God why is GW doing so good recently?