ROLL UP A HERETICAL CULT, Veeky Forums!

WE'RE GOING TO USE THESE TABLES Veeky Forums!

> 1d4chan.org/wiki/Heretical_Cult_Creation_Tables

ROLL 1D20 FOR THE CULT'S BACKGROUND!\

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BKtTSIM-o_k
youtube.com/watch?v=FGBhQbmPwH8
1d4chan.org/wiki/Alluminas
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rolled 2 (1d20)

WOO! LET'S DO THIS!

OH HELL YEAH! WE'RE THE FUCKING

> DESPERATE UNDERCLASS!

AND WE'RE ALL SHIT-POOR DESPERATE MOTHERFUCKERS! AND WE'VE HAD ABOUT ENOUGH OF IT!

ROLL 1D20 FOR THE CULT'S IDEOLOGY!

Rolled 20 (1d20)

ANOTHER FUCKING CULT CREATION THREAD!?! THERE'S HALF A DOZEN RIGHT ON THE BOARD RIGHT NOW!

FUCK, WHO THE HELL CARES!?!

ALSO, WE FOLLOW THE PHILOSOPHY THAT

> BLESSED IS THE LAND!

WE BELIEVE THAT THE FUCKING DIRT AND GRASS IS SACRED! ISN'T THAT HARDCORE!

ROLL 1D100 TO FIND OUT WHO THE HELL IS THE LEADER OF THE CULT!

Rolled 41 (1d100)

WOOOO

MOTHERFUCKING WOOO!

THE LEADER OF THE CULT IS A SHADY-ASS FUCKING

> COUNCIL OF INNER MYSTERIES!

A DOZEN MOTHERFUCKERS ARE IN CHARGE!

ROLL 1D20 TO SEE WHO THE FUCK RUNS THE COUNCIL!

Rolled 3 (1d20)

TRIPLE MOTHERFUCKING EIGHTS! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!!!

THE CULT'S LEADER IS A TOTAL-ASS BRUTE FUCKING

> THUG!

WHO USES BRUTE FORCE AND INTIMIDATION TO GET! SHIT! DONE!!!

ROLL 1D10 TO FIND OUT HOW THE HELL THIS MOFO KEEPS SHIT OPERATING!

Rolled 1 (1d10)

OH SHIT! THIS PUNK-ASS THUG IS A

> FIGUREHEAD

AND HE'S BEING PLAYED LIKE A FIDDLE!

ROLL 1D20 TO SEE WHO'S REALLY CALLING THE SHOTS!

Rolled 1 (1d20)

OH YEAH

A SLY SILVER-TONGUED MOTHERFUCKING

> DEMAGOGUE

IS LARGE AND IN CHARGE AND NOBODY KNOWS IT!

ROLL 1D10 TO SEE HOW THIS DEMAGOGUE KEEPS SHIT FUNCTIONAL!

Rolled 3 (1d10)

I DON'T KNOW WHO'S FUCKING WHO ANYMORE! PROBABLY THAT "ALPHARIFUCK" OR SOME SHIT

AH SHIT SON! THE DEMAGOGUR USES

> DARK CAMRADERIE

TO KEEP THIS TRAIN ON THE RAILS! THESE SONS OF BITCHES STICK TOGETHER, AND NOTHING'S EVER GONNA BRING 'EM DOWN!

ROLL 1D6 TO SEE HOW MANY ARMAMENTS AND DEFENSES THESE SHITHEADS ARE TOTING AROUND!

Rolled 6 (1d6)

ROCK ON

Rolled 6 (1d6)

WHAT THE SHIT, THIS ALMOST SOUNDS LIKE FRIENDSHIP!
THESE BASTARDS KNOW NO SHAME! FRIENDS ARE EXTRA-HERETICAL!

Oh shit, the dice gods will it

BY THE FUCKING CHAOS GODS WHAT THE SHIT! ALRIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS, ROLL 6D20 OR 1D20 SIX TIMES! WHICHEVER FLOATS YOUR FUCKING BOAT!

Rolled 4, 1, 8, 9, 11, 11 = 44 (6d20)

I STARTED TO THINK THESE GUYS WERE JUST HIPPIES
BUT NOW THEY'RE BADASS

Rolled 18 (1d20)

DEUS VULT MOTHERFUCKERS!

THIS CULT USES

> BRUTAL WEAPONRY

TO EVASCERATE THE FUCK OUT OF THEIR FUCKING FOES!

THEY HAVE ACCESS TO A FUCKING SHITLOAD OF

> PLENTIFUL AMMUNITION

AND ENOUGH DAKKA TO MAKE WAAAGH LORD THRAKKA FUCKING BLUSH!

AND ON TOP OF FUCKING THAT, THEY'VE GOT ENOUGH

> HEAVY FIREPOWER

TO OUTCLASS A FUCKING IMPERIAL KNIGHT HOUSE!

TO PUT SOME ICING ON THE FUCKING CAKE, THEY'VE GOT ACCESS TO

> ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY

AND YOU CAN BET YOUR FUCKING ASS THAT THEY'VE GOT FUCKING PLENTY OF FUCKING GODSDAMNED DARK TECHPRIESTS TO KEEP ALL OF THAT SHIT RUNNING!

OH, AND GUESS WHAT SHITHEAD? THESE MOTHERFUCKERS ARE UNTOUCHABLE 'CAUSE THEY'VE GOT A

> SHIELD OF REPUTE

AND THE FUCKING PUBLIC LOVES THESE MOTHERFUCKERS LIKE THEY'RE THE SALVATION FUCKING ARMY!

ROLL 1D6 TO SEE HOW MANY FUCKING TOKENS OF ALLEGIANCE THESE MOTHERFUCKERS GOT!

>

WELL HOT DAMN, SINCE THIS FAGGOT,

ROLLED ELEVEN TWICE, I GUESS THIS CULT HAS

> EXTENSIVE BODY MODIFICATION

ON THE FUCKING TOP OF ALL THEIR OTHER SHIT! SO NOW THEY'RE FUCKING CYBORGS!

Rolled 5 (1d6)

youtube.com/watch?v=BKtTSIM-o_k
FUCK YEEEEAAAAHHH

WELL FUCK MY ANUS WITH A SPIKED FUCKING DILDO! LOOKY HERE EVERYBODY, THIS CULTs GOT THE BLESSINGS OF THE FUCKING RNG!

ROLL 1D10 FIVE TIMES AND LET EVERYONE HAVE A GO WITH THE LUCKY LADY, FAGGOTS!

Rolled 3, 2, 2, 7, 1 = 15 (5d10)

ARE WE ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SURE THAT WE'RE HERETICAL? FUCK THAT, THE GOVERNOR'S HERETICAL! WE'RE A SHRINE WORLD NOW, FUCKERS! THE EMPEROR NEVER SAID WE CAN'T HAVE MEN UNDER ARMS, THE GOVERNOR LIED!

DEUS VULT DEUS VULT DEUS VULT

YOU FUCKING SHITHEAD, I SAID ROLL 1D10 FIVE TIMES, NOT 5D10 ONE TIME! AH FUCK IT, THESE ROLLS ARE AS GOOD AS ANY!

THIS CULT HAS SOME

> FAVORED CRAFTSMANSHIP!

THERE'S A SPECIAL MOTHERFUCKER, OR EVEN A GANG OF SPECIAL MOTHERFUCKERS OUT THERE SOMEWHWERE THAT COOKS UP ALL OF THE CULT'S WEAPONS, EQUIPMENT, AND MISCELLANEOUS CULTY SHIT!

THE CULT HAS AN EXTRA

> SPECIAL MATERIAL

THAT THEY LIKE TO INCORPORATE IN MOST, IF NOT FUCKING ALL OF THEIR GEAR AND ARMOR! IT MIGHT BE SHIT-GRADE ADMANTIUM, MIGHT BE FUCKING XENOS KNUCKLEBONES! WHO THE HELL KNOWS!

THESE SNEAKY MOTHERFUCKERS HAVE A

> SECRET CHANT

THEY USE TO CHAT IT UP IN FUCKING PUBLIC WITH NO ONE THE FUCKING WISER! MIGHT BE A WHOLE FUCKING LANGUAGE, MIGHT JUST BE A SELECT CODE, WHO KNOWS?

THIS CULT HAS A FUCKING FETISH FOR A

> SYMBOLIC COLOR

OF SOME KIND THAT THEY LIKE TO STICK ON ALL THEIR SHIT!

HEY, YOU ROLLED A FUCKING 2 TWICE! ROLL 1D10 ONE MORE TIME, IF IT'S A 3, 2, 7, OR 1, REROLL FAGGOT!

Rolled 6 (1d10)

youtube.com/watch?v=FGBhQbmPwH8
I AM BEING VERY SUBTLE

WELL FUCK ME, YOU CAME UP WITH SACRED CHANT TWICE! SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE, BUT YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO REROLL!

Rolled 8 (1d10)

IS THAT THE CODE FOR GO FUCK YOURSELF OR THE CODE FOR BRING MORE AMMO?

WHY THE FUCK NOT BOTH!

THIS CULT HAS GOT SOME WEIRD ASS FETISHES, BECAUSE THEY USE

> MARKED FLESH

TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES! THIS COULD BE ANYTHING FROM A TATTOO, TO A FUCKING BRAND, TO SOME MOTHERFUCKING MUTATIONS!

ROLL 1D20 TO FIND OUT THE CULT'S ALLURE!

Rolled 15 (1d20)

WE HAVE HUGE ASS GUNS, WHAT'S NOT ALLURING ABOUT THAT?

THIS CULT'S A BUNCH OF FUCKING NERDS! THEIR ALLURE IS THE PROMISE OF FORBIDDEN

> KNOWLEDGE!

ROLL 1D10 TO SEE WHAT KINDS OF FUCKED UP RITES AND OBSERVANCES THE CULT ADHERES TO!

Rolled 9 (1d10)

I GUESS YOU HAVE TO BE SMART TO BE POOR AND STILL BE CLOSER TO THE MACHINE GOD THAN THE MECHANICUS.

OH SHIT! THIS CULT PRACTICES THE

> SORCEROUS ARTS!

AND ITS RITUALS ARE THE REAL FUCKING DEAL! THEY USE FUCKING HERETICAL AS FUCK RITUALS TO SUMMON POWER FROM THE WARP OR DAEMONS! PROBABLY TO ENCHANT THEIR FUCKING CYBERNETICS AND GEAR WITH, FUCKING WANNABE TECHNO-WIZARDS!

ROLL 1D20 TO FIND OUT THE OBJECT OF THIS CULT'S DEVOTION!

SHIT'S GETTING REALLY FREAKY NOW

Rolled 12 (1d20)

FUCK

FUCKING WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK FOR FUCKING FUCK'S SAKE! THIS CULT FOLLOWS

> MALAL OR ANOTHER MINOR CHAOS GOD!

OH SHIT, IS MALAL GOING TO HAVE HIS VERY OWN CULT, OR ARE NECOHO AND ZUVASSIN GOING TO GET SOME FOR ONCE? OH FUCK, OR DO THESE GUYS EVEN FOLLOW ALLUMINAS THE CHAOS LORD OF FUCKING LIGHT HIMSELF!?!?! THAT'S FUCKING TRIPLE HERESY!

ALLUMINAS SHALL RISE

SO! FUCKING! BE IT! THIS MOTHERFUCKING CULT

WORSHIPS!

FUCKING!

ALLUMINAS!!!!!!!!

I'LL TALLY UP ALL OF THE SHIT AND WE CAN START TO FLESH OUT THIS SHIT'S LORE!

>DESPERATE UNDERCLASS
>BLESSED IS THE LAND
>COUNCIL OF MYSTERY FUCKERS
>RULED BY A THUGGEROUS BRUTE
>BUT HE'S ACTUALLY A FIGUREHEAD BEING PUPPETED BY:
>A DEMAGOGUE, WHO'S SECRETLY IN CHARGE AND MAKES SHIT RUN USING:
>DARK CAMRADERIE, WHICH MIGHT JUST BE A COOLER WAY OF SAYING THEY'RE BUDS
>THEY USE BRUTAL FUCKING WEAPONS
>WITH LOTS OF AMMO
>AND HEAVY FIREPOWER
>THAT'S REALLY FUCKING ADVANCED
>AND THE CROWD LOVES IT
>CYBERNETICS TOO I GUESS

>WE HAVE SOME NICE CRAFTSMANSHIP, GOTTA LOOK GOOD WHEN YOU'RE ROBBING A BANK
>MADE OUT OF SOME SPECIAL KIND OF MATERIAL
>WE HAVE SOME NICE CHANTS
>WE LIKE A COLOR ALOT
>AND WE HAVE SOMETHING THAT MARKS OUR FLESH

>WE STUDY HARD AND LIKE HARD STUDIERS
>AND SORCERY!!!
>ALL FOR THE ENLIGHTENMENT OF ALLUMINAS

GOT IT ALL LISTED UP

AH SHIT, I ALMOST FUCKING HAD IT ALL DOWN! BUT GOOD JOB BRO!

SO LET'S FLESH THIS SHIT OUT! WHERE IS THIS FUCKING CULT BASED? I'M THINKING THAT A HIVE WORLD WOULD BE FUCKING SPECTACULAR, BUT I'M OPEN TO DIFFERENT OPINIONS!

Alright, since we got everything down, I'm going to forsake the use of cruise control for cool.

Let's get the elephant out of the room: What the fuck does Alluminas actually do besides glow brightly? What does he want?

Agreed. Alluminas is the Chaos God of Order, of Light. There's not much on him, but as his canonocity is questionable, we can fluff as much as we need.

Here's a link to his 1d4chan page.

> 1d4chan.org/wiki/Alluminas

I'd say He wants to spread Light, which means that he wants to destroy Darkness. As He's a God, this extends to destroying moral Darkness and Corruption, in a blaze of holy, cleansing Light.

For the cult itself, I'm thinking they're fanatically obsessed with spreading the Light of Knowledge and Enlightenment, and cleansing Chaos, Corruption, and Evil. So, for His Daemons, and highly blessed cultists, I'm thinking probably incomprehensible, eldritch slightly angelic beings of perfect Light who permanently cleanse the souls of the Tainted from existence.

> Thoughts?

Sounds good. Our rolls were a little weird, but I think we can make it work. Doesn't make sense how we can have all that cool shit while still being poor, do our cult members simply take a vow of poverty, is all the money the collectors earn donated to their church who then arms and feeds them, or do we simply take/shake down money from immoral nobles?

youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

>the collectors
*the cultists

Or maybe it's because we have a lot of former disciples of the machine god in our ranks. I like that explanation best.

But what made them aware of Alluminas, and also made them decide to worship him? If they decided at all.

Well, the cult originated from the Desperate Underclass, but there's nothing to say that they haven't expanded their influence since then. I've got an idea that explains the cult's poverty, their high reputation, and their access to awesome gear.

> As they progress in their devotion to Alluminas, cultists become more and more enlightneed, and they increasingly lose their desire for materialistic things, seeing the world as Alluminas sees it, Light and Darkness. They were once destitute, or Alluminas has shown them visions of the suffering of the downtrodden.

> As cultists grow in their faith, they begin to feel disgusted with excess and attachment to the material beyond what's absolutely necessary. They invariably abandon their possessions, using them to further the cult, or to spread the benevolent warmth of Light to the masses to alleviate their pain and open their eyes to the Truth.

> The cult has a sort of robin hood/righteous crusaders of justice reputation among much of the poor, and they do their best to aid and hide the cult whenever possible. The cult has a public charity front that feeds, clothes, and shelters the needy, in exchange for nothing but their word that they truly need what they are given.

> With their obsession of attaining and spreading otherwise forbidden knowledge, the cult managed to indoctrinate a handful of curious manufactorm owners, and a few Techpriests roughly a decade ago. These initiates taught their skills to their fellow cultists, and these manufactorm owners subtly spread the word of Alluminas to their associates and employees.

> Now, the cult has a sizable following of obscenely generous, orderly, and zealously righteous wealthy industrialists who covertly supply the cult with advanced arms, equipment, supplies, and funds. Along with several hundred heretical unordained Techpriests, who supply the cult with its advanced technology, cybernetics, and fine craftsmanship.

Baller as fuck.

DEUS VULT, BROTHER!

Now that that's explained, what about their

> Blessed Is The Land

belief? Do they worship the sun, I feel like that's too petty for followers of Alluminas though... Do they revere the lowly dirt, for Alluminas has made them from it and to it they shall return, and revere nature, for the blessings of Alluminas have allowed it to become whole, and without its wholeness, they would be nothing?

Maybe something like half-life's resonance cascade happened, only instead of a bunch of really pissed off aliens, it summoned some daemons of Alluminas for a couple hours/days? That's why they revere that spot, their god first came to them there.

> Yeah, or maybe the Warp was too chaotic to physically manifest in the world, but they came close enough to mentally contact a handful of righteous, devotedly lawful mortals, and the Light of Alluminas touched their souls, giving them a permanent psychic link to Alluminas, who bestowed them the wisdom to cleanse the Darkness and spread the Light in his name.

> These Light-touched mortals soon found one another, and became Prophets of Alluminas's Light. With the aid of a few flashy miracles, they managed to convert a sizable horde of destitute underhivers looking for someone or something to help them, and give them purpose where the Emperor couldn't.

> After that, the cult began to spread exponentially, and the Prophets of the Light came together to form a council to lead and guide the new cult. At first, only a flicker of Alluminas's power was evident in the world, but as the cult spreads his will, more and more miracles and blessings are worked every day. The cult has plans to cause a temporary fracture in reality, allowing a Legion of Alluminas's "Angels" to come upon the galaxy, and start a new, righteous crusade to bring about an unparalleled Age of Holy Light!

> That if successful, this would freeze time, and change Reality into an eternal display of never changing heavenly Light does nothing to sway the cultists from their path, and indeed, is something to strive for. To ensure that Alluminas and the Light are glorified for all time and that suffering, darkness, and chaos is cleansed forever is the only goal, the only ambition, and often, the only thought of the cultists.

> Yeah, or maybe the Warp was too chaotic to physically manifest in the world
Yeah, that's the case by default.
>but they came close enough to mentally contact a handful of righteous, devotedly lawful mortals
Close enough to what? Who?

Alluminas is a chaos god of order, and it's canonical that he is one of, if not the, least worshiped gods, which means that comparatively, he's probably one of the weakest. Also, the reason Daemons usually aren't able to manifest in the matterium is that there isn't enough warp chaos to sustain them long enough to do anything. I'm assuming that, as Alluminas is a god of order, he is the opposite of the chaos gods on a metaphysical level, which leads me to believe that Daemons of Alluminas are, more or less, the opposite of Daemons of chaos, meaning that the conditions for their manifestation are also opposite.

Ergo, the warps chaos is their antithesis, and save a few small Alluminas controlled regions, there's nowhere a Daemon of Alluminas could persist long enough to manifest in the matterium, meaning that only on rare occasions is Alluminas able to spread his Light on a large scale. Explaining the rarity of Alluminas's worship. When the resonance cascade happened, a part of Alluminas's domain briefly intersected with a Hive World.

A dozen, give or take one or two, Daemons of Alluminas managed to mentally, even if not physically, manifest in the matterium long enough to form a psychic link with a few ideal mortals these mortals spread the Light of Alluminas as much as they were able, and either got lucky or struck a chord with the destitute and impoverished. As the Light of Alluminas spreads, his warp influence in the system grows, and his Light is able to touch more and more every day.

HAIL ALLUMINAS! MAY HE REIGN FOR TEN THOUSAND TIMES TEN THOUSAND EONS! HALLOWED IS HIS NAME! BLESSED IS HIS DIVINITY! MAY HIS LIGHT ILLUMINATE OUR PATH, MAY THOSE WHO STAND AGAINST HIM BE SHOWN THE WAY, LET THE DARKNESS BE SWEPT AWAY!

RIGHTEOUS BUMP!

How can they worship something as elegant as a god of light but use brutal weaponry as they do? Seems a bit paradoxal, doesn't it?

Thats the beauty of it

maybe they use laser weapons to spread the light physically

But lasers aren't brutal.

But hell, who am I to argue. These guys are space marines in all but name. Oddly generous, christian-like space marines.

> The Adherents Of The Light wield holy flamers, sanctified explosives, blessed hammers, hallowed blades, and purified Lasguns to ensure that every last vestige of the taint of Chaos is cleansed. They cannot afford to be anything less than brutal towards the foes of Alluminas, for the galaxy itself conspires against them. To hesitate, to show even the slightest hint of mercy toward he who has spit upon Alluminas, and embraced the Darkness mind, body, and soul is to falter, and allow the Darkness into oneself.

> Stand firm brother, though our methods are extreme, Evil cannot, and must not be allowed to fester. Its taint must be destroyed completely and absolutely, wherever and whenever found, by any means necessary. Remember, even the strongest Shadows in the Darkest of Nights must yield before the Light. Stand firm, brother, and glow as a radiant beacon, so that the lost may find their way, and Divine Judgment be rendered upon those who dare oppose the Holy Truth.

So what makes them different from the imperium?

> They worship an Extremely Obscure Eldritch God of Light that wants to destroy everything, both material and immatterial, and replace it with a static, forever unchanging heavenly Light. They believe that every religious object apart from the eternal Light of Alluminas is blasphemous, and must be cleansed in the name of Alluminas, in order to bring upon the Light. They not only want to kill the Emperor, they also want to destroy the Gods of Chaos, and every other pagan idol.

> By default, they are actually generous to the poor, rather than by exception. They spread their word to anyone and everyone who will hear it, regardless of past heretical affiliations, for Alluminas can cleanse all corruption.

> They prioritize the attainment of knowledge, and their unordained Techpriests forge heretical technological blasphemies and modify the bodies of cultists in a blatant insult to the Adepts Mechanicus, for the sake of progress and further removing cultists from mortal distractions and temptations.

> The cult is led by a benevolent, secretive council of a dozen Prophets that effectively manage the cult, with a minimum of bureaucracy. The council is supposedly led by a thuggerous yet zealous brute who uses force and intimidation to further the will of Alluminas. In actuality, a sly cunning, silver-tounged Demagogue subtly leads the council and the cult itself, with the knowledge of neither.

> The cult is extremely humble and disgusted with the idea of excess, to the extent that every spare nickel goes to feed, clothe, and shelter the destitute, and cultists use the bare minimum they need to survive. The cultists alleviate their insatiable urge for humble poverty and the spread of righteousness through a public charity front, which is beloved by the public.

I accidentally fucked up the quote with my first post.

> They don't give two shits about the supremacy of the Human form, and would ally with Xenos in an instant if they believed it further the Holy Light. They are every bit as generous to Xenos as they are to Humans, and make no distinction between the two.

> The cult practices Sorcery in the form of complex rituals to weaken reality itself. If they aren't stopped, they'll eventally cause a fracture in reality for the briefest of instants, allowing a Legion of Alluminas's "Angels" to enter the galaxy, and start a new crusade with the goal of total oblivion, so that all will become one with the Light.

This Thread is as Deus Vult as fuck, I approve.

Bump

>would ally with Xenos if they believed it further the Holy Light.

I dig the rationale behind this, but I think this would have a hard sell on a lot of Imperial citizens. I sort of get the vibe that these guys are a mystery cult with layers of initiation, and that the bottom rung of the organisation (and maybe its public face) think Alluminas is either an aspect or a saint of the Emperor. Only those further up the hierarchy are privy to the full knowledge of how deviant their theology is, at which point these guys have been indoctrinated or modified enough to get past the revulsion towards the xeno that all Imperial citizens are brought up with.

Does that sound about right?