EDH/Commander General

Spellslingers edition

Previous thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-12-16-landsdec/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-claw-of-progress-or-the-game-where-you-lose/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>forgot the damn thread topic

Who is your favorite spellslinger general?

>Melek Proteus Staff
How on earth have I never thought of this

I don't actually have one.
Nice. It would be funnier if there is multiple images for each aspect, like tribal version, mono colored version, etc.

Has anyone ever built the Landfall Ob Nix? I really want to try it, might be hilarious

How viable is Newzuri? I got the precon ages ago but never took it apart and it looks easy a hell to break him with +1/+1 counter creatures like sage of hours.

I don't get it. How do the two interact?

>run Melek as your only creature
>activate Proteus Staff
>take a half hour to stack your deck exactly how you want it

Very.

It's literally just sage of hours. Name one other creature that would be busted with him. Everything else is just kind of neat or synergistic.

This.

The deck is basically 'Did you draw Sage of Hours y/n, if n, lose game'

t. Remoseful buyer

Can you describe your meta? It sounds miserable if your only way to win was drawing infinite turns.

Legacy players and several pro tour members who play EDH 'Competitively', which is helped along by the store owner giving away packs to people who win pods.

I shit you not I actually enjoy Standard more there.

I feel like he'd be better in Grittog Horror's 99.

Is there a way to build Prossh and not be a cunt?

I just wanna build Jund goodstuff but the rest of the commanders just don't effect the board enough for me to run in my meta.

Don't forget infect

:^)

Honestly I'm tempted to build it as an infect, if only to ensure that when I lay down the beats it actually makes a difference when I lay in with a 11/11 Wild Beastmaster or something.

>decide to build Seizan Suicide Slugfest
>everyone drawing more cards than they thought possible and going fucking berserk with their decks

This deck is a keeper

I've never built newzuri so how is he like sage of hours?

Get to 5 experience counters. Play Sage of Hours. Get Infinite Turns.

Ezuri infect is fucking fabulous
>tfw you turn on your inkmoth nexus and give it those lethal counters

List?

Well that sucks. Any chance of getting a lower-powered group set up? Switching stores?

That new +1/+1 counters = mana creature is stupid good with Newzuri and/or Forgotten Ancient.

Newzuri staple

As far as I know there's nothing like that description in the last few blocks

Just how new is it? Nothing is coming to mind, sounds like an interesting card id like to find it

Mentalgen, I decided last night that I wanted to make a Queen marchasa deck, and while Pillowfort/taxes I want to make a part of it I'm also considering mainly deathtouching creatures generally annoying things like humility.

What would you guys consider some good tech for Queen marchesa other than her pillowfort foundation?

Atraxa precon

>Actually Help
>Pheldagriff

How to be a bad person, Volume I.

Although the placement of Kaalia is completely accurate, I have to say.

I have Wheel.dek, currently Grixis but with some Green cards I could just slot in.

Would I be better off sticking with Nekusar as commander, or with changing to UBRG and Kydele and Vial Smasher (i.e., just Kydele)? Nekusar is just such a huge removal magnet, it really feels like the deck just has to work without him.

I dunno I kinda like those two together.

I have to go to sleep but I should have it ready tomorrow, don't have it up on anything but tappedout

Basically it forces everyone into drawing a bunch during either upkeep or draw step and then punishes them for it by way of massive life loss for the draw. My meta is casual so they don't have tons of answers for the stuff I use but it can catch new people off-guard when I bust it out

>anything but tappedout
Anything but paper*

Yeah I definitely need to sleep

Which commander has the biggest/best tits?

Obviously. She's even got tit in her name.

I literally lost to "Not!Nekusar" an hour or so ago. Reminder to snap the neck and feel no pity as early as possible.

Kydele and vial smasher are very cool together

No contest

The deck itself is pretty great, just setting up, like, a Waste Not and an Underworld Dreams and wheeling everybody to death is a ton of fun. But Nekusar... every single time I cast him, it feels like he lives all of one turn before someone guns his undead ass down because they can see it coming. He's everything the deck wants to do in one packaged, which is great in theory, but he effectively just does NOTHING almost every time because everybody knows that, and he's slow.

Kydele similarly lets me go crazy if I untap with her, but has a lower, easier casting cost, and would probably be considered a lesser threat, AND doesn't feel quite so bad to cast if my board isn't already set up. But I dunno if that's wishful thinking.

Look at this mythic I got with really cheap!

Lucas?
Is that you?

And I agree, I almost feel like adding green to the mix was really needed. It's basically playing nekusar,but in little pieces rather than as one big slow motherfucker that could be seen from a mile away
are you alright?

What am I missing?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-12-16-landsdec/
Im still missing 13 cards. Im done for non-lands but I still need more activated abilities.

Sorry, I'm not your friend, pal.

I'm not your pal, buddy.

Damn. Yeah, the kydele and vial smasher won a match, and lost one. In a 6 man game (I know) he made it to 4th,then got smashed by a master of cruelties and pinged for one

I'm not your buddy, guy.

tolaria west is a more interesting tutor than i thought at first glance. pulling any land out your ass for 3 mana can be game changing

They don't look all that impressive
Those are decent
Cleavage yes, but those aren't very large
Those are some big fuzzy tits.

1.5/4 so far.
Assuming usage of a random five color commander, is it possible to make a 'tits' theme deck?

Well yeah, you could. I'd suggest karona at the lead

that user posted the wrong pic

But Serra Angel is literally a mythic.

Titania is literally like 100 ft. tall dude, her breasts are bigger than your entire smelly bedroom, get fucking gud.

Obligatory.

>he doesn't know about Damia

What about her?

Hers look smaller.

I give you Ravnica's own titty monster.

They're still average based on relative scale. Also, at those scales breasts like on humans just wouldn't work.

I can't tell if those are really large or just saggy granny titties.

Those are pretty rockin'. Shame she looks the type to never get them out for some reason.
That's a really awkward pose but I approve.
Hard to make out the art.
She's actually pretty flat, which makes sense considering she's supposed to be lithe.

I thought Kaalia was no longer competative?

This is a cool spell

Yeah, she's stacked.
If she drinks blood, does it go to her tits?

I've seen bigger tits on a Gorgon.

Touché.

I have a list, its not all exactly up to date but it can win consistently without sage of hours, although I run it just in case. Even won via commander dmg

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-claw-of-progress-or-the-game-where-you-lose/

Honestly, I just feel newzuri is boring and uninspired compared to the other fun commanders in U/G

Plus any deck that can win just by drawing 1 card that combos infinitely with its commander is fucking lame.

Why is there no Nekusar, the Mindrazer? Jhoira of the Ghitu? I feel so unrepresented.

I don't try to win with Sage of Hours. I like to win through old fashion killing everyone. But when I play against narset or animar you damn well know I will go for sage

Alright. I give up. How do you build around this beauty?

Run double damage effects and build a strong wall/aggressive and big bodies then force your opponents to navigate combat hell.

Alt. pillow fort with chaos, then use her ability to watch all hell break loose. But that's the more cancerous option.

>I have a job where I get to act like a badass and people respect me because I look serious
>deep down I just want to watch cartoons and collect gunpla
What deck should I build lads? Bosh seems rad, particularly with some sort of ramp setup into flinging giant robots, and The Mimeoplasm is both a dinosaur and a slime monster, but I'm open to suggestions.

To each their own, I'll never understand newzuri. The only way I like him is infect.

Double damage, double strike, multiple Combat phases, combat tricks. Try to put your opponents in a tight spot where they can't "IN RESPONSE " you when you decide to swing at them for 32 commander in the air.

Force utility creatures and creature combo pieces to attack, and block with your bigger creatures. If they decide to swing utility creatures at other opponents, Make sure you've got all your "everything does double damage"enchantments out to do the most damage possible.

Also manabarbs, sunforger, etc

I love self mill mimeo into incredibly difficult to deal with scenarios (mimeo is a 13/13 invisible stalker, or 17/17 simic sky swallower, good luck! )

But I heard bosh is pretty cool too. If you like bosh, I'm sure you'd love brion stoutarm. That guy is baller. If you want giant robot route, go for something voltron.

Trying to brew a sort of Artificer tribal deck, with a Wizard subtheme.
Basically a think tank of smarties inventing fiddly little artifacts, with the Wizards playing the part of bureaucrats, moving people around, providing protection of necessary.

Who would make a good general for that?

Oh easy, azami lady of scrolls. Wizard thinktank.

Or padeem for artifacts and artificers

>Isamaru for swords over Nahiri

Anything not mono blue?

Who would be the most mecha commander? I just want to slap my jitte and swords on some snazzy robot and style my way to victory. Bonus points for white, so I can use all the equipment tutors and puresteel paladin, or black, so I can use the binding blade thing and make my sword into a demon.

Muzzio is also a good call, or arcum.
I think padeem or Muzzio are your best bets. Rayne is cool too!

Umm.. damia? Maybe ith, high arcanist. Riku of two reflections? What you asked for earlier seems mono blue.

I know mono blue seems a no brainer for it, but there are a lot of Artificers that aren't blue.
Having it be multicolored makes it more flavorful, I think.

All great ideas, and it sounds fairly interesting to build. The one question is that if I'm running Sunforger, how many instants am I going to be using to avoid conflicting with Basandra's abilities?

I am in a meta with nothing but cancer. Grand Abolisher is going in regardless.

maybe breya then, to get all the R and W artificers, and the cool UB artifact cards from alara and such

I think you'd like isamaru. Super simple, put armor and swords on the dog early and swing for the fences.

But as far as most mecha goes... you can try voltron muzzio, run plenty of equipments, swords, ways to give vigilance(so he can attack each turn AND activate his ability. Run artificers that tap for 2 colorless (only for artifacts or to activate abilities of artifacts. This works for equipping) I have a friend who calls it his mecha deck, because muzzio literally builds a mech as the game progresses,and beats people to death as a giant war machine.

I need to choose which deck I should get for christmas. Should I get Shu Yun, Nekusar, or Rosheen Meanderer? Maelstrom Wanderer is also an option.

Meanderer.

Don't do maelstrom wanderer, do ydris

akiri could be cool

...how could I have forgotten that Breya is an Artificer?
I'm an idiot.

Looks like I'm gonna have 2 Breya decks...

Kalemne. Double-strike Vigilant Swords is balls fun

I'm very tired of playing against a c16 4 color legendary every game

every game it's atraxa, breya, or ydris

I know it's flavor of the month, but isn't atraxa 3rd highest legendary played on edhrec?

kill Me, Pete

Trying playing Kynaios and Tiro

maybe he should do akiri + silas renn instead?

Always kind of wanted to build pic related. Any spicy tech I should be aware of?

Well, do you have another suggestion for multi color Artificer tribal?

Because Breya brings a lot to the table there, even if I never cast her.

>I'm tired of people having fun with new commanders

Get over yourself faggot and go back to playing Narset, Zur, Melek, or Meren.