Dead Space: Reanimation

Continuing story times, new stat blocks, and more ideas thrown around. Now with more Bizarre!

Old thread
>

>Jukebox's paste in
pastebin.com/u/jukebox

Story dump to commence in shortly.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/01WBnq1m
pastebin.com/Qr7TCQN7
youtube.com/watch?v=a6BbvCC0VI0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i'm gonna go to sleep and come back later, i am a tired brit

The situation was bad, but he wasn’t dead yet.

Acting fast, Isaac triggered the thrusters built into his RIG on full burn. In a zero-G environment this would have sent him careening almost out of control across the chamber. Under gravity the effect on his positioning was less impressive, the burst of thrust ‘only’ enough to slide him along the floor from whatever had just hit him from the side and blinding anything unprotected that happened to be staring straight at the plasma jets. The mutated, pale swarm was largely unaffected. Evidently whatever happened to them had removed their dependence on eye sight. The two red demons and the fireball throwing brown ones were another matter, all of them flinching away from the painfully bright arc lights.

Isaac kept the thrusters burning until he felt his shoulders strike a bulkhead. His gambit having paid off, Isaac climbed back to his feet for the second time in as many fights and steadied himself with an arm against the wall. Lacking the time ready another implement Isaac sighted the Ripper on the nearest of the two red demons and fired off another spinning blade, dragging the buzzing saw along the nearest of its double jointed legs. The blade bit deep and, to Isaac’s amazement and concern, stuck fast. The thing howled in pain and tried to turn to charge him again, hobbled by the sharp blade lodged in what passed for its knee.

Sighting on the lodged blade, Isaac highlighted it on his RIG’s HUD and activated his inbuilt Kinesis module, ripping the blade free in a spray of shredded meat and bone shards. The blade flew across the intervening space and jerked to a halt beside Isaac’s left hand. Grinning manically Isaac whipped said arm around in an arc like he was tossing a discus, and in a way he was. The RIG’s computer interpreted the gesture, translated it to a burst of kinetic force, and hurtled the blade faster than the eye could follow straight at the unwounded red demon. The flying blade struck at an angle above the thing’s right eye, barely slowing as it neatly clipped the top of the demon’s head off before continuing on to carve a path through the pale mutants and bury it’s self in the metal wall behind the lot of them.

The half decapitated demon ran on another two strides before going limp and crashing to the floor, spilling dark grey brain matter from its ruined skull. The wounded demon had recovered its footing after having the blade ripped from its limb and was still hobbling straight at Isaac with single minded determination, considerably slowed to not much faster than the pale creatures that had by now shambled level with it. Isaac had lost sight of the brown fireball throwing demons, which while probably not a good thing could be dealt with when they reappeared from wherever they had gone.

Newfag to the thread and a fan of Dead Space, what's going on in here?

His back to the literal wall, Isaac decided it was time to move. Firing off one last Ripper blade, right into the wounded demon’s face this time, Isaac sighted on a gap in the pale mass, crouched, and activated his thrusters a second time in a rocket assisted leap. The leap turned into a body check when one of the brown demons leapt from its hiding place at the back of the pack to intercept Isaac’s escape. The two of them tumbled through the air and Isaac crashed to the ground once again, this time tangled with a clawing, biting THING. He brought his fist back and smashed it into the demon’s face, again and again, the Ripper mounted to his wrist adding force and sharp edges to the blows.

After more blows than was probable necessary the demon stopped thrashing, either dead with a broken skill or concussed into submission Isaac neither knew nor cared. His focus shifted now to fighting his way clear of the limp form and regaining his feet before being overwhelmed. He had barely started this task when something large blocked the lights above and grabbed him roughly by one of the armored plates on his chest. Instead of being struck, burned or crushed however the form hauled him to his feet and spun him off to one side.

Praetorian, green armor covered in swaths of bright crimson, launched himself once more head long into the pile of mutated figured, rifle gripped by the barrel in one hand like a club and a horn off of the crimson demon who’s attack heralded the beginning of the ambush in the other.

Doomguy and Isaac tag team? Match made to make hell shit itself. Got a pastebin?

A couple of us are writing dead space cross over stories and genreally hashing out how DS would work as a TTRPG in various forms. Once I get to a good pause point I'm going to type out the tale of the time a handfull of Shadowrunners stopped the world from Being Made Whole in 2065 and may have shot Altman on the way out.

Not yet, I haven't had much of a chance to come up for air the last few weeks. I know it doesn't take much but I'm kind of an insufferable lazy something or other at times. I'll have one before this thread falls off the bottom of the board.

That sounds fucking awesome, just be sure to check your spelling. I saw some misspelled words going through what I have seen so far.
neat

Thanks, thought I'd gotten all the typos. I'll give everything a solid bit of proof reading before putting it up in the pastebin.

based have a Guy

Something I should have put at the top.

>FOR THOSE OF YOU JUST NOW JOINING US!

Stories in progress:
>Jukebox and Zaeed Space are working on Dead Space/Mass Effect cross over stories.
>Isaac's Bizarre Adventure started a Jojo/Dead Space cross over last thread.
>Doomed is working on a Doom (2016)/Dead Space cross over with aforementioned Shadowrun homebrewed campaign write up in the works.

Any ideas for further DS inspired TTRPG shenanigans are welcome, the floor is open for discussion!

Uh...where are the pastebin links for the stories in question, or is there no pastebin for them?

Juke's pastebin link is on the first post, if Zaeed has one I don't think I have a link to it and I've yet to set one up. Stay tuned.

Dully noted.

One last thing before I go inactive for the evening, I just got off the phone with a friend who does art comissions. They're booked through the end of the year but I'll start having some OC art to throw into the ring mid January if this is still going.

Muh pastebin
pastebin.com/01WBnq1m

I've been celebrating with friends a tad much to be writing. I'll try and do something for you all tmo morning.

The buildup is always a chore but it makes things better.

Also I think that horror is one of the toughest things to write and that it takes a really good writer to do it.

Good work writefag.

For tg related, I'm trying to make a dead space themed Skitarii/mechanicum force, what would be some good conversion tips?

That's actually kind of a tough one user. The first thing that comes to mind would be adding the RIG health bar things to the backs of all Skitarii units and possibly the cogboys as well. Depending on how far you wanted to take it you could either green stuff it on or maybe try bits of colored fiber optic.

I've been working on a Unitoligists themed Genestealer Cult army for a few months now but they've been shoved to the back burner due to work related holiday BS.

Sounds like a good point, change weapons to a dead space theme where applicible, maybe make the mechadendrites harken to necromorph limbs in subtle ways?

Yeah, I could see that working. If you wanted to create a custom forge world have the heraldry be pic related inside the AdMech cog or something similar, try free handing it on dune crawlers if you feel like trying that out.

The thought also occurred to me you could go a more organic approach to your Sicarian(sp?) Dunestalkers/Ruststalkers. Make them full blown Necromorphs if you wanted to go nuts with Tyranid bits, say in the forge world lore they'd always been dominated by the Magos Biologist whomever who had great insight into whatever since he dug up an ancient relic from somehwere.

>Forgot pic

Maybe, I'm playing them as loyalists so I'd want to make it an imperialized version of itself

Hmmm, good point. That being the case I'd say RIGs on most of the guys and see where you could modify weapons. Looking at the model line one thing that jumps out at me would be giving Rust Stalkers plasma cutters in place of their burst pistols, maybe see if you could do something like give Rangers contact beams in place of radium rifles?

Was thinking of contact beams on the cataphracti destroyers or on the forge world myrmidons, the upcoming Imperial armor book I hear is to be justifying 30k cybernetica stuff in 40k

The marker kind of reminds me of the paragon symbol.

bumping to save thread

Alright guys im back.
and i have a pastebin. pastebin.com/Qr7TCQN7
will be posting more soon

This is metal AF

youtube.com/watch?v=a6BbvCC0VI0

Dude, nice!

also, is anyone willing to take a crack at this, or should we make a system totally from scratch?

Isaac's day had not gotten any better, first he was attacked by a stasis wielding madman (not like he was fit to judge) then he was turned into some kind of paper monstrosity, now one of these bastards has stabbed him with something and he's starting to feel pretty weird.

"I gotta get out of here, these guys have some serious bullshit and it's starting to freak me out." The frightened engineer thought to himself. If he couldn't escape soon he'd be toast, and he still needed to get his bearings properly.
Luckily the Advanced Suit comes with several bonuses, compared to his old [MINING RIG]
Firstly is a selective stasis module (never accidentally slow yourself again!) and secondly, high grade CEC aerospace manoeuvring gear, "Sure" Isaac thought to himself, "it'd be less effective in gravity and wouldn't allow for true flight", but a quick rocket assisted jump would get him some space to breathe at least.

This was a great plan and could not possibly go wrong in any way possible.

Isaac raised his arm to fire off a stasis blast at the teen with terrible hair, at a close range like this it would affect everyone around him but, due to his suit's safety features, should leave him running in normal time.
This plan worked for about a second and a half, the stasis module fired. A bright teal light flew towards the teen stand user, he tried to dodge but it was entirely too close, and ripples of blue energy spread from the impact point on his torso.
Rohan backed away in slow motion, Josuke, already groggy from his broken arm was knocked clean out by a desperate and vicious haymaker.
Isaac activated his Rocket boots flying backwards, until [SOMETHING] grabbed him by the leg and using his own momentum, swung him headfirst into a wall.
Fear clouded Isaac's eyes as he tried to recover from the vicious impact,
"Yare Yare, looks like you have some kind of time manipulation tech on that suit.
I'll be sure to ask you about that... when you wake up."
"ORA"

I'm not familiar with that system but it doesn't look too complex or hard to pick up. I'm inclined to modify an existing system, no point in reinventing the wheel when you can repurpose it.

Thanks user!

The last thing Isaac saw before unconsciousness took him, was the man in white towering above him. And a [STRANGE BLUE FIGURE] throwing a punch at incredible speed.

Yoshikage Kira is driving a car down a countryside lane, the remains of the owner slumped in the back seat. As he slowly leaves the Morioh outskirts, Kira's sick mind twists and turns, already formulating a plan to enact his revenge. Being a responsible driver, Yoshikage pulls into the side of the road to call his father. The phone rings several times but Kira is pleased to hear his father's voice upon being answered.

"My dear son" whispers the old man concernedly, "Are you safe? That terrible Kujo boy is off your trail for now, but they'll be lo-"
"Yes, father" Swiftly interrupts the murderous manuphiliac. "And you'll be relieved to know i'm leaving Morioh-cho. At least for now, though it rankles me."
"It's about time boy, I told you there were too many of them. Even the most cunning fox can be caught by a pack of dogs."

It is at this exact moment that the younger Kira's mind clicks, rusted gears bringing forth a devious scheme.
"Father, do you still have the arrow?"
"Of course Yoshikage, why?" Yoshihiro's brow relaxed, his son had some clever plan, he supposed.
"Meet me in Niseko-Cho and bring the arrow, we'll gather our own [GROUP]

as always, please yell at me about my writing.
also does anyone have a good group noun for stand users?
i'm toying with the term "a crusade" of stand users but if anyone has a better idea i'd like to hear it.

Well IBA, you've intrigued me enough to watch/read Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Bravo good sir, bravo.

thanks d00d

It amuses me that you went with Exalted of all things.

GURPS will happily do damn near anything you throw at it.

Oh, I didn't make it, some user did it back in the old threads. I think it was Ardy

What is best suit? I personally say severed's security suit

DS3's zealot suit, hands down.
all the swag of the fluffy survival suit
with added sexy marker scrawl.

DS2-3 engineer suit. best by far

I always liked the Witness Suit
>WITNESS ME

The only thing is I've questioned why Isaac would wear it

DS3 EVA suit

shit that's what i meant
the witness suit

Because he is the witness, the architect, and the prophet. He has seen God, and knows the monster that it truly is.

Whoa, whoa, hold the fuck up. Am I going mad? Is it back, after all this time, or am I just seeing things? How long has this been going on?

This is the third thread. It's been back for about a couple weeks( I think).

It's been two years Isaac
WHAT DO YOU SEE!

Oh, it's back, alright!

Holy fucking shit. I've still got a bunch of the art saved that came out way back when. I'd given up hope.

also next post on the way

Ah, there wasn't really any reason to "give up hope" per se. We just kinda realized that there wasn't much else to talk about, and our writing and thinktanks started to stagnate, so we all just called it off.

Then this happened and we all realized that there's plenty more madness to go around. We've got new bizarre ideas and writefags, I'm re-writing my story, etc. Only thing we need now are some drawfags

Isaac awoke, sweating from the nightmare, it was the same one he always had. Watching helplessly as Nicole killed herself, over and over. He thought that eventually it'd stop bothering him, that he'd get desensitised, numb to it.
He never did.
The first thing Isaac noticed was the lack of his [SUIT]. It hardly surprised him really, the first thing he'd do if he ever took a captive was disarm them. What did surprise Isaac was the room he was in, no padded walls or bars on the window.
It reminded him of a [HIGH CLASS HOTEL]. There was a comfortable bed beneath him and even a minibar.
Nothing in the wardrobe though, Isaac sighed and lamented how his[BLOODY STRAIGHT-JACKET] probably wouldn't make the best impression.

He crept warily up to the door, checking to see if it was locked. Continuing to surprise the engineer, the door was completely unlocked. Taking a quick look outside to ascertain exactly how many Horrible monsters, murderous psychos or EarthGov soldiers there were waiting to kill him. Isaac was relieved to see only a small landing area, carpeted in a light blue, and a set of elevators.
Isaac, somewhat unnerved, decided to take the stairs to the bottom.

Shepard felt newfound concern for Isaac's mental stability as his tale carried on. Every turn of the way seemed far more than most could take without breaking down completely. The commander weighed the possibility of some fabrication in Isaac's story, seeing as how he seemed to sane to have really gone through these things. Then again, one had to consider his reluctance to tell such a life story. there were also subtle hints at authenticity such as changes in voice tone, nervous body language, and narrative shift. Either this was all real, or Isaac was a very good actor. Shepard continued to tread carefully with the engineer's words in his mind as the story continued, now being taken to a planet called Tau Volantis, where EarthGov had supposedly found away to stop the markers. Isaac's party, who had baited him into participating by using Ellie as bait, had been almost all eliminated save for him, a man by the name of John Carver, and Ellie. Isaac got into further detail regarding the alien race of Tau Volantis and their attempt to stop a convergence event - the assimilation of infected biomess into a wretched, planetoid-sized abomination known as a brother moon. Isaac had some footage he could spare from his RIG's recorder, and as Shepard watched, he became somewhat unnerved. The probability of falsehood on Isaac's part was very quickly declining. Shepard asked one final question before Isaac finished. 'So, were you able to use teh codex and stop it?"

"Yeah.. yeah we stopped it. It's just that I'm not sure what happened next. I told you about the machine. I'm pretty sure it got me here somehow. none of us really knew how it worked, only that it could stop everything."

A prolonged silence ensued before Shepard asked another question. "So, you're sure it didn't follow you here?"

Isaac's lips tucked and his eyes narrowed in nervous determination. "It's all gone."

>teh codex

THE BROTHER MOONS HAVE LONG STUDIES THESE "LOL CATS"

>"It's all gone"
I'm really picturing isaacs face there as silently adding "it has to be" to the end of thhat sentence.

And as a side note, I wonder why all the brother moons follow the same body plan? Is it based off the original marker builders? Is it not based off them but just how they grow? It cant be based off species due to size and such, but if you got a proper close look at one would you see them fusing together in the same way as brute morphs etc, or at hive mind or above convergence events does the marker just morph all the flesh together into one discrete mass and work from there rather than stitching multiple corpses together? What's the moon part of a Bm made of? Do they actually use planetoids as a shell or is it a bony mimicry?

IT'S A COMMON MISTAKE I MAKE I'M A HORRIBLE TYPIST, OKAY
>Shell
They suck up some of the planet, yeah.
"Alright... I could tell you were kind of uncomfortable telling me this-"

"Nah, it's alright." Isaac said, hoping to cut Shepard off before any cheesy condolences could be made. There were many sentiments he could appreciate, but pity was not one of them. "You know what you need to know."

Shepard wasn't sure just how true that statement was. The footage was interesting, but by all means disturbing. He was glad that it wasn't a storm headed for the galaxy's shore anytime soon. The Reapers and their collector puppets were enough to deal with for now. What Shepard was glad to know was just how capable Isaac was. Any man who could take on this much at one time was a force to be reckoned with. Therein however, lay the rub: that much stress and trauma surely has to have taken a heavy toll by now. Before realizing this, Shepard was tempted to offer Isaac a combat position on the team, but that pipe dream was cut short when Shepard remembered his empathy and prudence. No wonder Isaac had been so evasive and reclusive earlier. Still though, there was no rest for the wicked. Shepard was no stranger to violence and terror, and though Isaac had certainly been putting up with it longer and in some cases more intensely, he was by means exempt from this new mess he found himself in. Shepard resolved therefore to take it slow with his newfound ally before inviting him to participate in an operation. With that in mind, Shepard closed their interview for the time being. "Thank you for telling me this, Isaac."

"Yeah..."

"Oh, by the way I forgot to mention, the council's been wanting to meet with you." Shepard said, opening his omni-tool to see that he had been sent several new messages. "They've already set a time for you to be there at the presidium to talk about re-starting the demonstrations and subsidizing fabrications companies to repro your tech."

"When were they thinking of doing that?"

"They want us there in three days to the dot. Should be enough time for you to gather all you stuff from the Rayya. I'll make sure we've got room in the cargo bay. I'll get everyone underway in about two hours."

"Good stuff... What should I do till then?"

"Well, seeing as how you're gonna be calling the Normandy home for a while, I don't think it would be half a bad idea to get to know her a little better."

"Sounds good."

Shepard was almost out of the door when he turned around to give Isaac one more piece if advice. "Oh, and Isaac?"

"Yeah?"

"Try and relax a little."

"... Doesn't sound too bad either."

"Be seeing you, Isaac."

"See you, man."

Slowly descending the stairs, Isaac began to ruminate on his situation.
"What the hell kind of crazed mob locks a man in a [HOTEL]? I'm not even hurt that bad, so they must have fixed me up. But why go to all that trouble if they're planning on just letting me walk out? And what was with that [GIANT BLUE MAN], or how i turned into paper?
Isaac stopped for a second and chuckled grimly, sunken eyes narrowing in an imitation of mirth. "I was probably just hallucinating, sure wouldn't be the first time."
"Anyway, i gotta get my [SUIT] back and get out of this place, maybe find an automap or something to link my locator to."
Isaac set his face in a look of grim determination, Steely grey eyes locked on the door at the bottom of the stairs. The professional survivor pulled a steel pipe off the nearby wall to serve as protection, and stepped through the doot.

Isaac strode through into the [HOTEL]'s reception, scanning the area for anything important looking. The main thing Isaac noticed was that there was no actual exits, all the walls were made of a featureless golden metal. Secondly to his right was a seating area, and what Isaac could only assume to be the main desk.
The desk was being manned by a Staff robot, it was wearing a business suit that covered most of it's body except for it's head, which took the appearance of a golden helmet.

As it noticed Isaac enter it called out to him. "Excuse me sir, terribly sorry to bother you but i have a message from a Mister Kujo. He wishes to speak with you."
"Who's Mister Kujo?" questioned the rather confused engineer, scanning the area warily.
"One of the other residents here at the [HIGH LIFE] Sir. A reclusive sort, keeps himself to himself."

Hey... look buddy i don't have time for this, have you seen a [CEC Suit] black with an orange terminal on the chest? I really gotta get it back."
"Your suit is currently being held by Mister Kujo, Sir."

"Shit, guess i got no choice huh?"

God I can see Isaac in Araki's art style so easily

i'm no drawfag, but if i could get a pic of Araki!Isaac i would be eternally grateful.

Y'know what? I've whined about drawfags for a while now. Screw it, I'll see if I can whip something up myself

btw, what suit do you guys want him in?

"Mister Kujo's residence is on the third Floor, Sir. You can take the elevator up."
"I'll take the stairs if it's all the same to you."
"By all means Sir."
Isaac turns away from the [ROBOTIC MANSERVANT] and heads back towards the stairwell, passing by the seating area on his way.
"Well that was productive." the exasperated mechanic sighed, his sarcasm going unanswered by the lifeless building.
"Y'know, for a [HOTEL] this fancy there seems to be a serious lack of people. Either this is all in my head, or they're having a serious off season."

Isaac slowly ascended the stairs, picking at the dried blood staining his Straight-jacket. Upon reaching the third floor he heard raised voices coming from one of the rooms, Jotaro Kujo written on the door.
"Sono injū wa, Yosuke no ude o yabutta."
"Soshite, kare wa sutando o motteinai, watashi wa saisho ni, watashi wa ima kōkai suru kettei o kōgeki shita. Kare wa tada jibun jishin o mamotte ita dakedatta."

"What the fuck? please let them have a translator or something."
Isaac knocked, then entered the room.

Something universal like the classic max level RIG, the advance suit or the winter/witness suit

Advanced suit please. it's what he's wearing in my writefaggotry.

will post a reference

>thw way that thing hugs the contours of the body
Would you Izzy clark?

No thanks, never stick your dick in crazy.
i'd go out drinking with him tho.

Jolly good. Working on it
Isaac is not for sexual

Jotaro's meeting with the others was not going well, Okuyasu and Koichi were out for blood, despite Jotaro's insistence that he had attacked first.
Rohan's opinion was that the man was dangerous, understandably. However he also believed that further study was needed, what little proof the mangaka had so far pointed to him simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
And unfortunately due to the dangerous nature of the man's subconscious, He was unable to extract any more knowledge using [HEAVEN'S DOOR].
"Josuke", questioned the Wheezing voice of Okuyasu, "you agree with me right? this jackass helped Kira get away! And he broke your arm! We can't trust this guy."

"Okuyasu, I agree that we can't trust him. He stood up against three stand users and almost escaped" Josuke reasoned. Someone like that could be seriously bad news, but if we play our cards right we might find ourselves with a useful ally. I believe we should wait, talk to him, and observe before we figure out a plan.
And if he truly is a friend of Kira.

"We Retire him, Permanently."

"Hell yeah." Shouted Okuyasu,

"Try not to get too excited Nijimura" interrupted Jotaro, "while i thought it best at the time, we should remember that i attacked first. I don't regret it, we learned valuable information about his capabilities. But him defending himself only proves his will to survive, nothing else."

"I am interested in how he defended himself from Rohan though."

It is at this moment that the assembled party hears a knock at the door.

As Isaac enters the room all conversation stops as the group turns to contemplate their newest arrival, Isaac also turns his gaze to the occupants of the room, there's the teen from earlier with his arm in a cast, the Incredibly tall man in white, "probably 'Mister Kujo', based on his age." Then there was the aloof looking young man, who turned Isaac into paper.
Seated on the floor next to the teen in the cast, was another boy with diagonal scars down his face, lending him a dangerous edge. He was dressed similarly to the other, so Isaac guessed they were part of the same school or gang, something like that.
There was also two people there he hadn't seen before, a much younger teen, maybe fourteen or fifteen years old with the most ridiculous anime hair Isaac had ever seen. And a much taller, raven haired girl clinging to his arm.
The one constant between this whole group, as far as Isaac could see was their ridiculous fashion choices,
Mister Kujo was rocking a white, nautical themed trenchcoat over a turtleneck sweater, the students had both stuck badges and pins all over their uniforms. and the man with the pen theme to his ensemble looked like he was wearing an eggshell on his head.
Not to mention miss cradlesnatcher and her personal mini Goku.
Frankly these people all looked like they belonged in an insane asylum.
Isaac adjusted his bloody straightjacket and sat down.

Okay, I'm having some difficulty with the hair. I can't find anyone he's drawn with a haircut like Isaac's.

Josuke's would be the closest.

i suggest taking a look at okuyasu, who also does short back and sides haircut.

i have to get some sleep before heading up to family tomorrow. So this is the last update for tonight.
as always, please critique my very existence.
and tel me if you have questions or stuff like that.

Because it's bitchin.

What timezone u at?

England gmt

>who had baited him into participating by using Ellie as bait,
Some constructive criticism; the "as bait" after Ellie is redundant, you already said they baited him. Alternatively you could have replaced the first "baited" with another word like goaded, or reigned.

bumping

>mfw I've made that mistake again.

I made a similar one with "downward thrusters thrusting downward". I'll fix it

QUICK TIP

make sure any and all references are cut to a minimum, as Isaac really shouldn't know who Goku is, etc

Hey Isaac could be a ancient television and hairstyle enthusiast, and let's be honest if nothing else Detective Conan would still be going.

Hey that time I thought it was on purpose for artistic effect.

Maybe you should proofread your posts before posting them, Juke. Just a thought.

>proofread

what's that

first time catching one of these live. and all I can say is, goddamn it juke.

An act of futility mostly.

Isaac quickly scanned the room behind him to make sure he wasn’t about to get blindsided again. The glance revealed a lack of anything living; the red demon that had tackled Praetorian was thoroughly dead with its head caved in by repeated blows. The presence of unspent rifle rounds and broken pieces of said rifle neatly answered what it had been bludgeoned to death with and why Praetorian was no longer using the gun in its intended role. Lying scattered around the larger demon was a mix of several of the smaller fireball throwers and numerous pale mutants.

Pivoting on his heel he turned back to the melee into which his companion had started. Isaac raised his weapon to assist, then lowered it a moment later. The chaotic nature of the melee would have made hitting his intended target difficult, besides it didn’t look like Praetorian actually needed the help. He was laying into the figures mobbed around him with the stock of his rifle, delivering bone crushing blows at a rate that Isaac knew he couldn’t match. Somewhere along the way the green armored behemoth had traded the demon horn for a whole mutant, who he was using as a mix of shield and a second weapon.

Isaac took the momentary respite to catch his breath and keep an eye on the other doors in the room. He would be very surprised if all the howling and shooting hadn’t attracted the attention of whatever else may have been lurking in the area. He had been surprised too many times already, and whatever else he was he liked to think of himself as a fast learner.

Turning back to scan the rest of the room, Isaac saw the last of the demons collapse to the metal deck bent into unnatural angle. Praetorian let his meat shield slip from his grasp and, after regarding it for a moment, tossed the ruined rifle off into a far corner of the room.

“What now?” Isaac asked.

Praetorian half turned to face him, like he had forgotten Isaac was there. He regarded Isaac silently before giving him a single, short nod. A nod of approval, Isaac hoped.

Isaac was about to repeat his question when something inhuman bellowed far off in the complex. Praetorian spun to face the direction the sound came from, and after a moment set off at a jog. Sighing and trying to ignore the burning ache that had taken hold of his body and the copper tang of blood in his mouth Isaac forced himself into motion after him. Taking a mental inventory of what he had on his person, Isaac hoped they would be able to avoid too many more fights. He hadn’t had a chance to restock after the fight in the engineering compartment of the Terra Nova and was running uncomfortably low on power cells, or to rest for that matter. He didn’t know how long he could keep up with the seemingly tireless companion he found himself with.

Beating a motherfucker with another motherfucker.

>doomguy ditches the rifle

Aw man. That's like, one of my favorite guns