Warhammer 40k General

Belisarius Cawl edition

previous thread

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar poetry is shit):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Thoughts?

Best Legion coming through.

Im getting it. And I'll lose my goddamn mind painting him. Goodbye at least a full weekend.

I was thinking of getting into Black Templars, regardless of their rules. Is it worth it?

Also, can you use Contemptor Dreadknoughts with Black Templars in 40k? I was thinking about getting the Betrayal at Calth

I'm buying the female Inquisitor and I don't even play that army.

Yes, all of Codex Space Marines can use them and other heresy era stuff but not Chaos!

Oh damn, that's awesome. I love the design of Black Templars and it's really got me buzzed about em'.

IA:13 has heresy era stuff for chaos including sicarans fellblades and contemptor dreds.

Loving the traitor legions book. thanks to blood mad rule I don't need transports anymore!

Too much going on but If I buy it, I will be able to convert like 8 guardsmen to servators with the bits I take off of that guy.

So we're all in agreement that Leak user is a GW, employee, right? The framing images very hard to not reveal any text/product details proves this. Those leaked images are all part of GW's new marketing strategy. And that the WD leaks were designed to generate a balloon of hype right up to a very-planned-and-prepared paid GW twitch stream?

Because I refuse to believe that GW was just prepared for leaks, or that all that crap was coincidentally going to go up that day anyway.

Makes sense.

How's my KdK list?

1500 Khorne Daemonkin

HQ
-Daemon Prince, 160
+Daemonic Flight, 40
+Warp-forged Armor, 20
+Goredrinker, 30
+Collar of Khorne, 15
+Combat Familiar, 5
Total, 270

Troops
-2xChaos Space Marines, 130
+2 marines, 30
+9xCCW, 18
+Power Sword, 15
+2xMelta gun, 20
+Icon of Wrath, 20
Total, 233 (466)

Dedicated Transports
-2xChaos Rhinos, 35
+Dozer Blade, 5
+Havoc Launchers, 12
Total, 52 (104)

Fast Attack
-3xFlesh Hounds, 240

Heavy Support
-3xMaulerfiend, 390
+Lasher Tendrils, 30
Total, 420

Complete total, 1500

I'm buying it just to paint. Gonna give her black armour like Adrastia. Hell yeah.

>it's GW because they don't photograph the text

You're fucking retarded, and need to stop spamming this. I don't walk around with a fucking digital camera. Like normal people, I use my phone. My phone's camera, while in the megapixel resolution, is not the clearest motherfucker in the world. If I'm trying to take a clandestine photo of a book, I'm not going to stand there for 10 seconds trying to get the focus right. You know what's easier? MOVING THE FUCKING PHONE CLOSER AND ONLY PHOTOGRAPHING WHAT YOU NEED TO. I.e. not photographing stupid blurry text you won't be able to read anyway and centering the display on the model photo which is what's important.

Many leaks do have WD text so you're retarded, and some recent ones have even been in Spanish. So unless you think GW has a secret Mexican leak team, fuck off.

WAYYY tooo busy. But I'm impressed. It looks like a bonafide Blanche painting jumped out of the page. I'm liking that they're paying more attention to his art. I just wish that nowadays they wouldn't hesitate letting the new imcumbent artists go wild and paint whatever the fuck they wanted instead of strictly the minis available now.

Three chaos terminators with 2 sets of claws, a fist with a combi plas/melta, plus a termie sorcerer and a termie lord inside a Dread Claw.

How bad would that actually be?

Veeky Forums I desperately need your help

What is the name of the Imperial Guard regiment that has the style of US colonial militias?

Dreadclaw lands on terrain, mishaps and 500 pts goes into the trash.

Not that you needed those 500 pts.

So I don't put it bright next to terrain because it can turbo boost?

I guess he can use an assault claw for inertial guidance? It's so worth 160 pts and some extra guns.

So I'm about to invest some time into making some conscript platoons for my IG, but I don't just want to use the usual infantry models. I feel like conscripts should look more ragtag, cobbled together than infantry do.

The models that came to mind first are chaos cultists, with some minor work to get rid of the chaos symbols. The problem is that there are only like 4 rifle-toting cultist models.

Can 40kgen think of any other models that might fit the bill? Bonus points for gasmasks, since it's for a steel legion army.

Already planning on retooling the bodyguards to a more focused tank hunting kit.

It might immobilize itself on terrain yes but it wont crash&burn since it enters play via hover-mode.

Hi All, I am looking for some alternative models for some cult look dudes. Dose any one have any good ideas.

genestealer cultists with a headswap.
whfb empire stuff
necromunda models, if you swim in money
other then that, 3rd party

How could Sorcerers be differentiated from Librarians through crunch. Their fluff is quite different, but they share most of disciplines with eachother. Could giving them access to more types of familiars or tomes help or is no such thing needed. I also considered if making the way they generate their psychic powers different would be a good idea. Like one of the two buying and the other generating randomly. One benefitting from constant effects while the other only has any benefit from his powers after expending warp charges.

Mordian iron guard?

>So unless you think GW has a secret Mexican leak team, fuck off.

I do...now.

Orkz being Mexicans does make a lot of sense. My mom has a lot of certified nursing assistants come and go and they often are Mexican. They talk to me and tell me seriously weird religious and supernatural things they believe in. One told me a story about how her uncle was using witchcraft and dark arts to curse the family. As she went on, she talked about how he would fill ziploc baggies with spell items and throw them at the family's houses, or at the people, or would hide them in their cars. They all believed it too. Anything bad that happened, they would attribute to the cursed baggies. Their belief brought the curses to life.

ugly fucking model

way too much fiddly shit

I love it, it looks like something straigth out of Berserk. Also, unlike Necrons which is started out as a minimalist army and then had a slew of overdesigned models released, this thing with its 10+ limbs fits with an army that was already heavy on detail. It looks pretty fucking horrifying. I can just imagine it slithering through a corridor chasing an acolyte who went where he shouldn't have.

>Heavy stubber on the Cultists
>Possessed over Chosen
>Not having pistol/ccw on the CSM
>Only a single melta on the Raptors while the Champion has 2 Lightning claws
>No special weapons on the bikers with that odd gift of mutation on the Champion

That said, have the Melta bombs been effective for you?

Pretty sure imperial agents will get a FAQ rather quickly, with the current writing the Inquisitional warband can have up to 86 models. With 30 2+ armor saves, 4 warp charges, rending on all shooting, rerolls in close combat, fearless, stubborn, and power weapons and invuln saves out the wazoo

I can't wait to ally that into my Guard army.

Also, unrelated, but can you target blasts at the back of a unit before you assault so you don't kill the models closest to you? So you don't accidentally kill too many to a point where you can't charge.

Not to mention unusable rules, riderless Valks, and the age of question of dedicated transports with pic related

Only is the blast has ordinance, otherwise it's still pulling from closest models.

I thought 7th Ed added battle brothers being able to use each other's transports.

They can use them but not start in them

Can a Space Wolves Venerable Dreadnought that has replaced its weapons with the Axe and Shield still replace the storm bolter with a heavy flamer?

In the Inquisitional Henchmen Warband it says 0-1 Arcos and 0-1 Crusaders. Does that mean 1 unit? Or 1 model?

Also since Acolytes can take Land Raiders as a dedicated transport, does that mean the Warband can ride in them at the start?

What dedicated transports can Inquisitors take?

Reading the 2nd novel from the Horus Heresy series at the moment and I have one question:

Why did Emps let the Chaos gods steal the primarchs? The scene seems to imply that he was clearly in the geno-vault when it happened and could have prevented it but for some reason didn't. Did I miss some explanation or was it all just a ruse from Chaos and he was never really there?

Also I think it is pretty cleverly done how you start the first novel despising Horus and then slowly grow fond of him and feel sorry because he tries so hard. And then in the second novel you have the exact reverse development, where you start out liking him and then lose all sympathy when you realize that he was never corrupted or tricked by Chaos but willingly gave in.

And Magnus is a bro. Poor guy.

How's my DE list look?

Archon goes with Grotesques and charges whatever looks threatening. Everyone else shoots shit or runs up and stabs shit/screens more important shit (Reavers)

The way I'm reading it is that it's a unit, specially since crusaders, deathcult, and arco all start with 2 models when purchased.

Good point on the acolyte dedicated transport. I would think if the fit the sit.

>mfw trying to paint this fucking thing

>tfw I medically need to start an Ad Mech army now

>already have 2 armies on the go

anyone know?

What do you guys think of my harlquin/coven list?

Harlequin masque

Elites (275pts)
Shadowseer-Mastery Level 2 The Laughing God's Eye
Shadowseer-Mastery Level 2
Shadowseer-Mastery Level 2

Troops (475pts)
5x players with Harlequin's caress, starweaver
5x players with Harlequin's caress
5x players with Harlequin's caress

Fast Attack (140pts)
2x Starweavers

Heavy Support (80pts)
Voidweavers-Prismatic cannon

Coven Formations:

Formation: Dark Artisan (340pts)
Cronos-Spirit Probe
Haemonculus-Scissorhand, Sindriq's Sump
Talos-Chain-Flails

Formation: Grotesquerie (440pts)
3x grotesques in a Raider
3x grotesques in a Raider with Aethersails

Haemonculus-Scissorhand, Webway portal

So this is an extremely close combat oriented army with psychic powers. The dark artisan Haemonculus is my warlord being really tough unit to kill and hopefully draws so fire from the rest of my more paper thin army, T7 sv 3+ FNP 4+ reroll 1's. The grotesques in the raider with the aether sails get a shadowseer who takes veil of tears and psychic shriek. They can flat out into the enemy's flank. The other raider with the grotesques get the Haemonculus with webway portal and 2 shadowseers. They drop in and give everything in 12" -3 ld (possibly -4 if warlord unite is nearby) This makes for extremely powerful psychic shrieks. The grotesques and shadowseer get out of the raider while the Haemonculus and shadowseer with masque go around shrieking as long as they can. The harlequin troupes are all purpose bad-asses, if they can get into combat that is.

Being low on shooting means I am at a disadvantage against real standoffish castled-up armies. I don't have any really good objective capturing unit like jetbikes that can shoot to an objective to pick up points. I also lack anti-tank, other than caresses in close combat and have no way of hurting flying vehicles. (luckily vehicles are on the decline) My army is really good at handling elite forces by will struggle against hordes of enemies.

I may have been too drunk to add correctly but is this 1750 instead of 1850?

Anyway I like the idea but ignores cover S6+ armies will blow you the fuck out. Good idea though. You don't quite have enough MSU for it to work imo. I guess the only unit you could split up is the 2 Starweavers.

tl;dr if I dind't add it up wrong then add a fast obsec unit or two if you can, and you'll be fine. maybe drop a Shadowseer.

What is MSU? Is that like Minimum Squad Units

Multiple small units

Basically you have about 10 units at most, so there are not quite enough units to overwhelm enemy shooting imo.

Multiple small units, usually minimum size but sometimes with an extra head or two. The idea is to lower your opponent's efficiency by causing him to divert firepower and overkill squads

Thanks. I figured it was something like that based on context. I see a lot of that in competitive lists.

Yeah it is 1750. I never understood why people play 1850 (other than it is tournament standard for some reason. Probably because some that guy couldn't fit everything in at 1750)

The troupes are all in starweavers, you need two fast attack units so I put the starweavers under fast attack. S6 will be a problem, I know. Though the grotesques and dark artisan are surprisingly tanky. I might drop the dark artisan for a dark eldar CAD with reavers and scourge.

Dark artisan is pretty great in my experience, but I don't know that much about Harlies. I would drop one shadowseer but I honestly don't know anything about them other than "psyker that can fuck with ld and shooting"

>very-planned-and-prepared paid GW twitch stream?

You wanna know how I know you're wrong?

He was tricked though. Emps probably wasn't there, and they showed him a future where he was forgotten. The future of 40k, where he turned traitor and completely erased from Imperial records.

Laurie Goulding says that the Emperor allowed to happen because that was part of the Emperor's deal with the Chaos Gods.

The Emperor gets a portion of their power and knowledge to create the Primarchs but under condition that the Chaos Gods would scatter them to the four winds. The Emperor agreed because what's the worst thing that can happen to literal godlings.

I would argue he wasn't.
Towards the end of the trip to the shrine world the narrator states that Horus realizes that it wasn't actually disgust he felt at the spectacle but envy, and that he wanted the same adoration for himself.
Then later on he tells Erebus to get fucked and that he knows it's all a ruse and he cannot take any of it as fact.

Yet, even though he knows Erebus was telling him lies, he still decides to pick Chaos. Imo that's because of what he realized on the shrine world and he reasoned that the only way he could ever get that attention was if he replaced Emps.

They don't have a storm bolter.

What about the acolyte warband formations? If they can use transport from the start. This could be the only way to have mixed bag of tacticool operators operating when dropping from a valk

Huh, didn't know that. Is that part of any novel or did he just state it somewhere?

>Laurie Goulding says
Stopped there tbqhwyfamalam.

>emps didn't see the trap coming
that was not very clever then

He posted it on his forum. You can take it with whatever grain of salt you want.

>On a personal opinion level, I don't see how anyone can say the Emperor made bad decisions.

What a way to start your post.

Thanks user

2/10. Less retarded then AoS but still...

So how different would this be if Emps had allowed Lorgar to worship him?

Nothing since Erebus and Kor Phaeron would still be around corrupting stuff.

not the worst rationalization, just completely falls apart when you consider that Emps hesitated to kill Horus

True, but all that would happen are Chaos uprisings on worlds, not full scale Space Marine rebellion.

or if Emps had told Magnus what he was doing, considering Magnus was the one Primarch who could ruin his plans.

were those guys corrupted before Lorgar?

Kor Phaeron had been seeding Chaos cults on all the worlds they conquered.

Yup, worshipping chaos since day naught.

Actually, Laurie Goulding says that William King's story where the Emperor hesitates about killing Horus will get retconned. Alan Merret and him wanted to get rid of it for the longest time.

So the HH version would be different since the Emperor doesn't really actually truthfully love the Primarchs.

Is it wrong that I want to snuggle with the new Celestine?

Found it.

I bet you complain about characters that are always one step ahead of their enemies, you hypocrite.

That's kinda shitty.

I can't say I'm liking that too much. I guess it does make everything even more grimdark since you cannot say that Horus was in the wrong anymore and it diminishes Emps likability. But I did enjoy Emps the way he was

So how do i actually use Kobo? I cant seem to find find a way to open epubs with it.

Yeah, making the emps such a complete unrepentant asshole is not a fun thing they are doing with the HH. I'd much rather the emperor be more multifaceted than that.

Not really, but he was aware of Chaos and what cunts they are. He should have known that every deal with them would ultimately end up fucking him over.

>You cannot say Horus was in the wrong anymore

Now this is definitely Heresy.

I would like to get into w40k. Are Skitarii fun? Noone plays them at my local place and they look kind of cool.

Are there new "start collecting" boxes coming out with different factions?

well, how would you reason that he was wrong in what he did?
if laurie is right then he didn't really have a choice, he realized emps plan to kill him as soon as he wasn't useful anymore and just acted according to the plans that were laid out by a superior being.

it really does take away from the tragic aspect of 40K though. it's not about a human empire that was on the brink of glory and then saw everything snatched away when their benevolent, though slightly incompetent, living god died - it's about utter cunts on all sides of the conflict.

>Shield of Faith
Isn't that just the 6++? Doesn't that mean the crusaders and the priest receive absolutely 0 benefit from this?

top right
three dots
click
import items
navigate to folder
select items to import

6++ and Adamantium Will.

Correct! And the Death Cult Assassins have a 5++ innately.

Oh. That's "great."

Ummm. I think my Kobo is broken.

Especially since it adds nothing to the story, it just takes away from it. It doesn't make Horus any more likable, he still willingly picked Chaos because he wanted to be worshiped. On top of that, Horus is liked for other aspects anyway.

It doesn't change anything about the current situation because either was Horus is double-dead and the Emperor is rotting on his throne, more or less incapable of doing anything apart from keeping the Astronomican running an handing out some divine intervention every now and then.

All it does is turn a previously likable character from the stories past into an asshole.

>well, how would you reason that he was wrong in what he did?

I'm just memeing, friend user. You're right.