Kicking Players/that Guys

Had to kick my first player ever today.
>She had decided to go alone to attack some gangsters who weren't harming her in any way, for no reason.
>gets captured due to bandits getting lucky rolls with crossbows despite her caltrops.
>Tied to a chair and asked if there is anybody to pay a ransom
>tires to kill herself but can't
>bandits tell party to pay 2000 for her back. This is still low level, so they can barely scrape it together with a friendly npc's help
>they make the exchange, and she swears revenge
>goes home and kills herself in-character
>I give her a warning, with her boss appearing in a magic vision telling her to man up
>finishes herself off anyway, putting party back 2000 gold.

Now, maybe I was just short tempered because I found out today my family is putting one of our dogs down after christmas, but I finally told her to leave my game. This is not the first time her outbursts have cost the party time and resources, and it was ruining everyone else's fun, which is against my cardinal rule.

So the other players fed her corpse to a friendly ghoul and sold her gold-runes bones (established a while ago) to recoup the cost.

Mother fucker, you just can't let me even try to move on can you.
>This is not the first time her outbursts have cost the party time and resources, and it was ruining everyone else's fun, which is against my cardinal rule.
What cause I killed a goblin or tried to take an apprentice?

Sounds terrible man, but can I get a source on your OP pic?

Oh shit...

I asked to let the character die, but Choo choo mother fucker.

And here, its part of an image set.

You can ask her. It is her character art for roll20.

Nah, it's cause you do the dumbest shit and expect everyone else to play along-Chernin

Which is why I tried to have the character that didn't fit with the party die, because I was tired of it but nooooo

Why would the party let her die? The gang was offering to return her for a ransom, and we agreed to it.

here's the thing, we had no reason IC not to try and save her. Even if she suicided, IC it was a dumb decision. Characters can learn from their mistakes, they don't have to sudoku.

Assuming you're the player, did you want the character to die because you didn't like the class or personality of what you made? Or because the DM (in your eyes) was railroading the group to stick to his plot?

Why not just retire the character and turn them into an NPC, leave them as a source for information and new plot hooks?

I paused your suicide for a moment to ask if you were really sure, and to make you aware of the consequences. And when you called it railroading, I let you go through with it.

Sadly, I feel that this means Fridays are off as well. Which is a shame, because I would still want to be your friend, once you've calmed down.

>Why would the party let her die?

I figured you hated you, you acted that way at least.

If you wanted to change characters, you should have said so, and not just fucked around being retarded.

Wait, is everyone here now?

GM, kicked player, other players?

Was this an ERP? Are you looking for more players?

>Assuming you're the player, did you want the character to die because you didn't like the class or personality of what you made?
Yeah it was a lawful evil criminal that wasn't messing with the party, I fucked in a job and clatrops didn't save me as I ran, so I decided to let the character die.

I was unsatisfied with the build (multiclass and stats, I was talking to the DM about this OOC)

> Or because the DM (in your eyes) was railroading the group to stick to his plot?

There was no railroad until he wouldn't let me die.

I don't even care if this is fake it's great.

Not an ERP, I don't think, and I know the kicked player, the GM and me are here, the rest might be as well.

OP is samefag confirmed

>because I would still want to be your friend,
If that was true you wouldn't have kicked me and just have allowed me to roll up a new character LIKE I ASKED.

Not fake, you may remember the last thread about her slitting a goblins throat when the goblins had surrendered.

Mm, that's a very tasty pic, those bandits must've shown no small amount of restraint.

Regardless of any real or imagined roleplaying deficiencies you might have, you're a gifted artist, assuming you drew this.

You've all tickled my fancy, and I'd like to hear more of your story. I'll even mediate between the two of you, after all, it's not often there's a non-anonymous discussion on Veeky Forums, and I can't think of a better place you two could settle your differences.

nigga, if you wanted to roll a new character, you didn't have to do it in the single most retarded way imaginable.

They were planning to sell her as a sex slave if her friends didn't cough up the gold.

I don't mind if players bring sex in, but don't focus on it. Right now, though, we're good. Got a replacement from the waiting list already. Sorry.

>assuming you drew this.
Fuck no.

>
You've all tickled my fancy, and I'd like to hear more of your story. I'll even mediate between the two of you, after all, it's not often there's a non-anonymous discussion on Veeky Forums, and I can't think of a better place you two could settle your differences.
I'm willing to talk, but he kicked me so I don't think he is.

>you didn't have to do it in the single most retarded way imaginable
Yeah fine.

There's like 5 of us here and he can't draw for shit.

They already got a new player. (me)

Hey remember that Rikku blowjob game

Not the same one.

The best thing to come out of this was the solid gold skeleton. And I just realized we could of traded some of it to Bony Stephan

There were actually MULTIPLE Rikku blowjob games, Super Deep Throat, and there was a game that preceded that.

I don't think it's solid gold. It just has gold runes on it, I believe.

You are welcome

BTW it had runes etched in gold on it, it wasn't solid gold.

It was bone with golden runes, not solid gold. Still worth a lot as a curio.

Either way it was what reimbursed us.

Ok, to my outsider DM eyes, this seems to me like a case of "failure to communicate." You (as the player) didn't like how things turned out with the character, but didn't communicate that with your DM and worked to find a way to solve this problem (retiring the PC, turning them into the BBEG, them just fucking off to do their own shit, etc.).

And the DM did try to figure out what was going on (him pulling you aside for a 1-on-1 talk), but didn't convey your concerns to him at this time.

And for the DM, you should also have asked that question to her, but inexperience or your rising frustration to the situation might've blinded you to her problems.

My suggestion to both is this: take a night to chill out, focus on something else, then talk the next morning/afternoon and see if you can't hash out a way to keep her in the game, probably by rolling up a new character and working with the DM on fixing any potential problems that might arise with the character's personality, alignment, etc.

>but didn't communicate that with your DM and worked to find a way to solve this problem
I asked him to let me die.

Several times.

>My suggestion to both is this: take a night to chill out, focus on something else, then talk the next morning/afternoon and see if you can't hash out a way to keep her in the game, probably by rolling up a new character and working with the DM on fixing any potential problems that might arise with the character's personality, alignment, etc.

This is exactly what I want but I got kicked.

As DM, I would be fine with the player coming back.. if the other players are. And at this point, I am not sure they will be.

Addendum:

DM, you should have let her roll up a new character, because happy players almost always mean them investing more into the plot and group longevity.

you know, I'm an absolute virgin when it comes to RPG, started my first ever campaign a few months ago with a friend of mine who's his first time GM'ing (this is deathwatch) and we bicker like a motherfucker, especially because he has a boner for dark angels and I am the team asshat 100% of the time

Myself and the rest of the killteam squabble because I'm an asshat with the way I play my character and I'm sure, if said friend were browsing this thread, he'd be the first to tell you

but we certainly don't go to "we're not on speaking terms any longer" over it. reading this shit really sours my mood man, it should never end up like this.

No offense but "I kill myself" is such a terminal level edgelord tantrum that I would have kicked you, too.

There are better, more tasteful ways to go about things. "LET ME DIE" is not railroading, when your character doesn't get to decide that OTHER people kill her.

Really, it just sounds like you threw a tantrum. The accusations of railroading really fall flat, too.

A good GM -asks- when a player does something in the heat of the moment that they might regret.

Ok, what made you not want her to reroll a character, was it just bad timing in terms of the plot location? It sounds like they were in a town or village, that's one of the best times to have a reroll occur. Better there than two sessions deep into the Underdark and hip-deep in some Drow shenanigans.

It just felt the most in character.

I'm sorry if that was an issue

The problem is that this isn't the first time, they've had multiple less serious outbursts that end up taking up anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour of OOC talk.

>Yeah fine.

She admitted to not handling it the best way. Can the GM either let it go and stop beating off the dead horse? Either that, or the GM should admit maybe he also didn't handle things that well.

>fuck up and get captured
>friends pay ransom

"LIFE ISN'T WORTH LIVING, I'M SLITTING MY THROAT"

what. Are you retarded?

I got mad that one time the other PC attacked my PC, and I killed a goblin, is that really THAT unforgivable.

It was literally right after us the party paid a ransom for her dumb ass being caught. 2000 Gold in early levels man. Everyone was in a sour mood because they were paying thier money for this, but we did it because it would make sense IC for all of this. Then Marissa first decides to get us t try and fight the bandits, and then when that failed, killed herself, making the entire endeavor pointless.

... What made you feel this was the most in-character thing to do? You're a Lawful Evil alignment, that usually means you have some sort of ambition or goal in mind and damn the consequences, but you had two big fuckups and then get suicidal?

Sounds more like someone with delusions of grandeur and finding out that they didn't want to work that hard for their goals.

Look I fucked up ok.

Sorry.

>things don't go as expected
>I'll just kill myself

Sound logic. Jesus fuck you're playing a game where random dice rolls decide half the shit that happens. Roll with the punches instead of being a gigantic faggot

do you mean to say you made your character kill a goblin because you (the player) got mad that a PC attacked your PC?

...because that's really garbage roleplaying.

You forget the time with you wanting to walk a catatonic, can barely move kid into town.

>someone with delusions of grandeur
Yeah that was always the character.

I never thought you'd pay the bandits, and you had the gold bones to make back the money.

You mean when they sperged about comatose demon rape victims needing to be kept away from men?

The only person that didn't have some IC reason to pay the bandits would be Krehoic, and that's because he was treated like shit by you. Of course we'd pay the bandits.

Player might have done some retarded shit, but a DM shouldn't make you resort to character death to switch characters. Just have your character fuck off somewhere else and bring in a new one.

As a side note, I hate it when DMs prevent my characters from dying. If the dice say I die, I die. If my character does some suicidal action because it's in character (I.E. charging a group of gnoll slavers because I'm a knight of justice) then just let them die.

No my character executed a goblin after a pack of them attacked us.

Like about two session later she tries to take an apprentice the cleric wasn't having it but I had more charisma and crit the persuasion roll. The cleric decided to attack my character dropping her to 1 HP, my character called the guards and I complained out of character as I thought up till that point that PVP wasn't allowed.

I have no problems with her rolling a new character. I simply wasn't going to have her drop dead while tied up by gangsters who've done hostage stuff before, and I wanted her to be clearly told by her magical boss that suicide would not be looked on kindly.

It is the disruptions of the game into ooc fights that bother me. Occasional salt and interparty drama is fun, but when the whole session is derailed it crosses a line.

Tomorrow we're going to reconvene and vote on whether to let her back in. That way, people have time to think. Either way, that character is dead and became a lemure, so she would need a new one.

Yup. That exact one.

>and I wanted her to be clearly told by her magical boss that suicide would not be looked on kindly.
Which only made her want to do it even more.
> but when the whole session is derailed it crosses a line.
I didn't want that either.

I did try to run.

For prior OOC discussions, can either the player or DM divulge what they were over. Was it complaints about how one particular scene went down, or certain actions done by a party member? Was it Lawful Evil plans that went against the party's goal? Or just more arguing about petty stuff.

Unless this is some elaborate troll, I'd just say both sides fucked up, fix your mistakes and learn from them, and endeavor to be less harsh with in-game actions. God knows how hard it is to get a group for gaming in the first place, much less keeping the group together.

that's not the issue, it seems? from what i'm reading, the booted player wanted to kill herself AFTER she got caught, as a way of escaping consequence. I guess in that sense, the DM could've just said "okay fine I guess they'll kill you" but it really is a method of weaseling out of failing at a poor decision.

I was never actually salty about that, that's just me applying my irl experience and being a nerd going "actually..."

You all sound awful.

Online RPGs, not even once...

She said she wanted to get rid of her character through the bandit shit. I'm surprised they paid the ransom instead of just saving her.

To me, this was a wasted opportunity to have the character be retired. They're bound up and trapped by the bandits, expecting the party to pay up or leave her for dead. Instead they go rescue her and do a ducking amazing job at it. This proves to the character that they aren't cut out for this kind of life and not wanting to admit to needing to be rescued and they go and retire. End session, with next week's session introducing her new PC.

Honestly it sounds like you are the that guy.

In my defense, she didn't have to die to switch characters. After the suicide was the first i heard about it. Even earlier today she was still talking about this build.

And I will let the dice fall as they may. I just give a warning when I see a player likely to do something that would get them killed. We had another player death a month ago, and it was all above board.

Case in point, she did try to run from the bandits, and even used caltrops and ball bearing. But they could still move at half speed, pull out crossbows, and loose.

The last big argument was over a different player doing something very stupid and this player taking it very poorly. Both were in the wrong, but they reconciled in the end. Of course, they reconciled after I told them that I do not like fighting at the metaphorical table and so they would either get along or one would have to leave.

I may be a bit strict at times, but at the core I don't like it when one person ruins the whole group's fun.

oh, the 'and' denotes two separate occasions. Gotcha.

Dunno anything about your character, I'm gonna guess you thought that to be a choice your character would make in the moment, which is okay, I guess.

Otherwise, just sounds like a lack of communication. A lot of this stuff sounds like a lack of communication.

Given that as a group I think we've talked as best we can for right now, how about some other "That Guy" stories? - the Paladin of the grup

The players didn't want to rescue her, and were happy to pay the ransom (except the one she always treated like shit). And it could have gone down like that... if she told me she wanted to switch BEFORE slitting her wrists

like a reverse Blackleaf or something

>Magical boss
A warlock I'm guessing? Maybe a Paladin or Cleric, but that doesn't fit with how some prior posts have talked about other stuff.

Yeah I was tring to go blade pact.

SUCH A LUST

Yup, she was a warlock.

>75 posts
>19 posters at this time

Just what the fuck is going on?

Yeah, I'd just say that both you (as DM) and the player made increasingly bad decisions fueled by emotions, culminating in this moment. Reset and chill down, admit both sides made mistakes and try to not constantly escalate vs. each other.

General spat between players in a group that is mostly settled down. Got any "That Guy" Stories n the mean time?

>going bladepact

Why?

I'm about to kick a "that guy". He's from here. I should have known better than letting someone from Veeky Forums into the group.

>Won't attack anything ever, only uses silent image and move earth
>Actively does retarded things to piss off the other players: Watched a party member getting gored to death by a unicorn while dancing and laughing in character.
>Uses invis every single time an enemy gets within 10 feet of him and LEAVES THE BATTLEGROUND
>Throws a fit if anything at all doesn't go his way. Literally gets mad if he's attacked.
>Reads the magic items he wants from the dmg when he goes to the magic item shop, minmaxer supreme, gets mad when he can't get what he wants.

I literally fucking hate this guy and he's only been in the group for 3 weeks. He pisses me off so bad that I've ended every session since he joined early and my only joy since his joining has been his tantrums when he doesn't get his way. He's responsible for the death of one other PC and the near death of two others.

I have tried so hard to be patient and accommodating but holy shit. This guy is cancer.

TL;DR version:

Player kills their character in a game after a series of increasingly bad mistakes.

DM kicks the player for being "too edgy/That Guy," goes to vent on Veeky Forums about it.

Turns out, that player is also on Veeky Forums and sees the post.

Queue yackity sack music, as anons try to solve the problem.

Blade pact warlock?

As in 5th edition?

Alright, I was originally of this user's opinion , but now maybe not. Please don't pick blade pact warlock.

Apparently he was going for Blade Pact Warlock, Assassin Rogue

It might be why she was looking to switch; realized that the combination of bladelock and her character's personality was too bad or too edgy.

Why does your dog has to die though

Less because of the edge and more because of the ooc disruptions, but yeah. We're resolved now. Going to vote on things tomorrow. Thanks, you all.

It had cancer from what he said.

Yeah. Communicate, talk, don't just WOLOLO your way through a game and piss other players off. That goes for every player, the DM, everything. It should be everyone's cardinal rule to have fun and go along for the ride, watch the story unfold, not just the DM's.

Fem "LET ME DIE" user, you're not a horrible person, honestly. You just gotta communicate better. And D. "THEY SURRENDERED" Master, I'm sorry about your dog, man. You're not a bad guy either. You just gotta get better at dealing with tumultuous developments like the ones described above.

I kinda wanna sit in on one of y'alls's sessions so I can experience quite what leads to this sort of disagreement because it's just not how it should end up.

>Turns out, that player is also on Veeky Forums and sees the post.
He posted a link.

You're not going to get an internet gf out of this. Kys.

I want to know this too.

Usually it's due to age or some disease. We had to put my dog down due to age and a degenerative disease making it so he didn't have cartridges for his joints, to the point where he couldn't stand because of the pain.

Was sad to say goodbye, but it was time, poor thing was barely able to move enough to go outside to pee/poop.

I'm gay.

Cartilage, stupid autocorrect.

>Please don't pick blade pact warlock.
It was my first time doing 5e and it looked cool.

>swears revenge
>kills herself
What was her endgame?

He said it was because it has cancer and they just don't have the money to afford the chemo. It's really sad.