/swg/ - Empire Day!

Previous thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kLp_Hh6DKWc
youtube.com/watch?v=3cqDXlfASMM
youtube.com/watch?v=GND73sy9zHo
youtube.com/watch?v=W7bmXywWus8
fantasyflightgames.com/en/index/
lmgtfy.com/?q=are the ffg star wars rpgs good
youtube.com/watch?v=eVaZ0bxWx2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=AxcM3nCsglA
youtube.com/watch?v=bkTLIO2zanM
d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Failed_Jedi_(Template)
armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=58917&key=680ce77b4fd143050f3d282eba28bc8d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you think he kept it?

I'm thinking about DIY'ing one, but that would mean cutting up some of my more expensive timbers I use for other things
Think I might have some shitty pine somewhere

In the final scene, why didn't vader just use the force to grab the disk?

I'd imagine he was busy enjoying himself, and the dude at the door only pulled it out to hand it off when it was clear he would not make it

he probably didnt know who had the disk, it was really dark

>that comic

Hah. I saw it thursday alone because all my friends had excuses as to why they didn't want to go. I bitched them out for it, every one of them.

I just realized those are MP 40 magazine pouches.

Fair bit of multi-tasking, blocking bolts, killing people, walking, chewing gum etc

How else will they hold the magazines filled with tibana gas for the blasters?

Can someone do me a huge favor, and give me a screenshot of their Savage Spirits book, specifically the Executioner talent tree.

The pdf is completely unreadable.

>IT'S HIM

Would you say rogue one is a must see in 3D? or is it fine seeing without?

>without

He can't, his force grab automatically targets the nearest neck.

It prioritizes blasters first if any are available.

>Darth Vader scene goes with everything

youtube.com/watch?v=kLp_Hh6DKWc

From thread a few days ago, said I'd drop the Pantoran pic requested from Endless Vigil - sorry about the massive wait. Borrowing a camera that was not my butt-o-vision potato phone proved to be a bit more of a challenge than anticipated.

Do you have Savage Spirits?

If so

thanks man, looks slick af. Pantorans are alright

Incoming in three parts

Part 2
Bottom row coming in clearer

Done

Woo! Thanks user, your the best!

No worries! I'm using Executioner to play my Gand FIndsman PC at the minute, actually. Pretty fun tree.
I'd advise picking up Endless Vigil at some point - the city contacts chapter is probably one of the best resources that FFG have written - I am pretty excited for the Bounty Hunter book's investigation chapter because of it.
(Endless Vigil has also let me finally achieve my dream of running The Force and the Furious: Kuat Drift)

>I'd advise picking up Endless Vigil at some point

I have the pdf, its actually quite legible despite what others say. So far, only Forged in Battle and Savage Spirits have been complete hack jobs (pdf quality that is). I shudder to think how awful No Disintegrations will be

But hey, one should never complain (too much) over free stuff.

I'm considering making a Trandoshan Antarian Ranger for a TOR era game, and I'm thinking of combo'ing Shadow with Executioner (or Hunter). The only real drawback is the points drain for an Agility that doesn't suck (which is why I'm considering Togruta instead)

I saw it without and it was fine.

Reminder that if you like TFA, kys immediately.

>(Endless Vigil has also let me finally achieve my dream of running The Force and the Furious: Kuat Drift)

Why? Did it come with any new ships?

Reminder that your opinion is subjective and worthless.

Better.

Podracers.

youtube.com/watch?v=3cqDXlfASMM

>Absolutely everything goes with the Darth Vader scene

youtube.com/watch?v=GND73sy9zHo

>EVERYTHING
youtube.com/watch?v=W7bmXywWus8

Ok, been a fan of SW for basically my whole life, and while I'm still trying to reason if I like or dislike TFA, Rogue One got me hyped like few movies could, I didn't expect it to come out so good (that vader scene man)

As I played 40 RPGs from FFG, how are the SW games holding up? Are they good to play/GM? Are they still supported, or at least easy to find in hardback?

fantasyflightgames.com/en/index/

>watching a movie in 3d
That said I saw it in 2d and it was perfectly fine. Its a gorgeous movie

I don't think the main page will be giving me a good insight of the game's quality, but at least you tried

FFG games are fun and still supported. Less math-heavy than d20, and the dice are a bit weird but they're easy to get used to. Starfighter combat is rocket tag levels of lethal without houserules or official squadron rules.

The first news item is announcing a new book for Force and Destiny. You're just a lazy faggot who wants to be spoonfed shit that is easily googled.

And how does that give any notion about whether the games are actually good or not? Did you even get this question of mine?

You say I'm lazy when you're the one responding to only part of a small post, and by posting a useless link at that. FFG has a website, great, already knew that and it doesn't help.

Got it, thanks. Are there issues one should be aware of balance-wise, like techpriests in 40k being better at everything or old bolters?

lmgtfy.com/?q=are the ffg star wars rpgs good

Literally the first page of results will give you positives and negatives. kys

Jedi who cheese the Move power can trivialize a whole lot of threats if you let them throw large pieces of scenery with impunity. Keyword there is "impunity." Remember to put the fear of the Empire in your players every once in a while.

What's the point of having a general about star wars games if one can't even come and ask if they're good? Why are you even here?

>put the fear of the Empire in your players
Either go full combined arms with Dark Trooper squads, AT-STs, M2 Hovertanks and TIE air support, or just say fuck it and have Vader show up.

It's for asking questions that can't be easily googled or answered by using simple logic. Just read the OP and you would see that there are scans and pastebins relevant to your question. You could also reason that people have compiled these resources for the swg community and that therefore this community likes the FFG RPGs.

And you could have got all this info faster, and in greater depth than posting here.

>Sit on a hill
>Renegade force users kill all your buddies in the base by throwing shit around
spend dark side destiny point
>Call in danger close orbital strike
>Position over-run, base security compromised
>"fry you fucking space wizard faggots!"

So they sleep together now?

Makes a lot of sense.

The one thing I think is really important to note too is with regards to Force Users. For once in a SWRPG, they aren't overpowered.
This does, however, come at a bit of a cost - they definitely aren't Jedi at character creation, and a force sensitive character at the start of your game is going to be Luke in Episode IV, not Obi-Wan in Episode I (Who is maybe about character generation +150 XP at the start of Episode I. I tend to give out about 10 XP a session).
I think that is great, but some players might come to the game expecting something different.

youtube.com/watch?v=eVaZ0bxWx2Y

youtube.com/watch?v=AxcM3nCsglA

Does that still stand even if you play Force and Destiny ?

Force and Destiny characters can start slightly better, but they're still pretty weak in the Force at chargen. They've got a much wider array of Forcey options though.

I'm about to join a new game, what are some cool character ideas?

Throwing shit isn't great unless you have a damn good Discipline skill. And god help you if you try that with a large object against something with decent Adversary ranks (like fucking Inquisitors)

Also I had a question maybe you can answer, are the three books completely independant, with the exeption of the system obviously, or is it necessary to have the three of them to have all you may need to play ?

youtube.com/watch?v=bkTLIO2zanM

Knight-level play is an option for if you want that Obi-Wan-in-TPM feel. 150xp and a lightsaber or 9000 creds goes a long way to building competent characters regardless of the game line.
I did a mixed AoR/F&D convention game with premades using it, they ended it by kicking the shit out of an Inquisitor hunting one of the two Force-sensitives on the team. Both times I ran it the killing blow was struck by the mostly-pacifistic Mon Cal using Harm on his ass

They're all completely independent and have complete copies of the rules. The differences are in the races, class tracks, and equipment in each one (Although there is overlap, like Humans being in all three).
F&D, being the latest one, does have some slight differences (Like dark side points), but the core system is the same and present in all three.
They are extremely compatible with each other, so getting a pdf of the two you aren't playing isn't a bad idea if you want the extra class track options.

Ok thanks ! I'll see if I get one of the books when they'll all be avaible in my country

All three are independent, but have different tools (species, some weapons, enemies and ships) in them. I second getting at least PDFs of all three, if only for the options as a GM it gives you. TIE Defenders, motherfucker!

I saw it in 3D and it added nothing except a headache.

>runaway slicer Droid. He wears a fake restraining bolt as a way to make people less suspicious.

>female Twilek smuggler who "owns" herself, as in the guy who bought her as his slave died and gave her the deed. What he didn't tell her is that he was about to default on the payment to the slaver he bought her from. Better shake down those credits soon or it's back to the slave pen you go.

>down-on-his-luck Trandoshan ex-prize fighter turned bodyguard. Bareknuckle box the shit out everyone.

>Falleen ambassador on the run from her past. Play up those pheromones and make yourself the most charming being in the sector.

Which game?

>runaway slicer droid with fake restraining bolt
Wear a real one but throw in an escape circuit from Special Mods if you can afford it. Makes resisting the thing pretty damn trivial if you have at least 2 Willpower.

It's a bit of a hybrid of all the FFG stuff, but honestly, I just need a concept.

>tfw you're playing a shockboxer right now
It's so much fun to suddenly ORAORAORA some cocky idiot.

EoTE
>Duros testpilot out seeking his fortune after the company that employed him got taken over by the Empire and fired all non-human test pilots
>Rodian performer officially "doing a grand tour of the outer rim to prep for a show of a lifetime". Unofficially completely broke and taking every gig he or she can get

AoR
>Corellian medic that can't fly. Is sick and tired of hearing about "corellian flyboys/girls" and "corellian speedfreaks".
>Gran Tactician that fought for the separatists in the Clone Wars.

Free Magnaguard droid travelling the galaxy and trying to find a purpose to its existence... as soon as it finds where it dropped its old electrostaff.

Autofire is very easy to make cartoonishly killy, so keep that in mind

I need good U-wing builds that only use cards from the U-wing box.

>Nerf Death Trooper blaster kept the two stocks
Is it bad that I want this now?

Shit thats an easy repaint for a nice looking blaster

You'd have to file off the "Star Wars" lettering, though.

Nah, just put a Czerka sticker over it or something.

Probably just some samdpaper is needed. This is the first time seeing it so it may be just slightly raised

When in doubt, steal from West End Games

>Failed Jedi
d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Failed_Jedi_(Template)

>A long time ago, back in the days of the Old Republic, you were an aspiring Jedi. Sure, you remember Skywalker and Kenobi and all that crew. But you failed. You couldn't hack it. The dark side kept calling, and things never worked quite the way you wanted them to. You turned to drink, and things went downhill form there. Then, the Empire came, and suddenly it wasn't healthy to be a Jedi, or even to know anything about them. You spent a lot of years drinking heavily. It's not very pleasant to remember. Now, you've got one more chance. you've got a kid who wants to learn about the Force. You're not sure you can teach him much, but you can try... try to do something worthwhile before you die.

Fits fairly well with the focus on being weak force users in FaD

Anyone have any idea what silhouette I would use to stat up Mu-, Nu-, and Theta-class shuttles? I am thinking 4, but the argument could be made for 3 as well. They all have fairly similar load outs iirc, so weapons and such shouldn't be too difficult. But before I dive into it, does anyone already have them built?

Just use the rules for the Lambda for the Mu and Theta, IIRC, they're similar size.

>that greentext
Fuck I want to play as a padawan to drunk jedi now

Played my first Armada match yesterday as Imperials and now i'm itching for more.

I tossed this list together with what little Armada knowledge i gained. I'm a bit limited by what my friend owns shipwise (2 ImpStars & 1 Victory class) but we have OK'd proxying cards as we are both using the Armada Fleet Builder.

Is this list any good? I fell in love with Tarkin and the ImpDeuce Avenger build, but I'm not really sure about Isard's Torpy VicDeuce and my squadrons.

armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=58917&key=680ce77b4fd143050f3d282eba28bc8d

I'd personally cut all the shenanigans on the victory relating to black dice. You're slow, you're pondering about, and that's how you like it. I have to ask, you know overload pulse occurs after everything damage related has occurred right? If not, now might be the time to apologize to your opponent, cut the missiles on the vic, upgrade to a vic 2 and give that vic the overload pulse shenanigans.

If you like the overload pulse for setting up the vic and her squadrons, sweet. I'd suggest cutting the launchers anyway and give your missiles wings by bringing along Major Rhymer, Darth Vader, and maybe a normal advanced if you can bring that along. You could also cut the turbolaser upgrade to help facilitate that. That would give you a very similar list, but the vic no longer has to close to black dice range to make someone's life a living hell. Also keep in mind a 2 ship list suffers a lot, especially if you're running up against a bunch of flotillas on the enemy's side of things. If you find the cash, buying a gozanti can serve you really well by being a small ship that you can load in that doesn't cost much and can still help with activations and as a secondary carrier ship.

I would go with 4, myself. I think I may have done one of them before, check the OP. But in general I don't like anything but starfighters being silhouette 3

This picture is such utter bullshit. There is no fucking way even Obi-Wan in his prime could have survived that.

Well Vader is supposed to be really fucking hardcore...

Yeah but come the fuck on. The scene in R1 was good, because the dudes were scared, trapped in a narrow corridor and not ready for a fight.

There's more than 100 men surrounding him, many with Pulse Cannons. Even blocking that with a lightsaber will knock you on your ass and do some damage.

I know Vader is awesome, but fucking hell.

Did you read the comic for context?

Yeah, it really brings to mind the most stupidest and power wankiest parts of the old EU. Well done Mickey Mouse, well done.

Probably not Pulse riffles/cannons those are probably just DLT-20A rifles, but yes they did hit copy-paste too many times on the rebel soldiers and gave them too many armed hovertrucks.

A Little Dynasty Warriors is okay, but that was a bit much.

>many with pulse cannons
This is not Battlefront. That model is just a regular blaster, like the E-11.

He fakes a surrender, activates the thermal detonators of an infantry squad and vanishes into the smoke, dust and confusion. The squads lose morale and cohesion as he picks them off.

He reflects one vehicle weapon while bracing with effort.

Also the planet is apparently seeped with power from the old Jedi temple if that make you feel any better.

Vader Down is some metal shit but I never really felt like it was nonsense.

Oh okay, that makes it slightly better, but how does he fake surrender after the badass fear and dead men line?

>overload pulse occurs after everything damage related has occurred
huh then we played it all wrong. I did think the Avenger was a bit overpowered with that combo

Gonna remake the list and probably drop the VicDuece for a second ImpstarDuece

Well I have the collected version but it's obvious there's and end of issue break between the two scenes.

In an non-meta sense the Alliance Sargent/Lieutenant/Captain is really keen for Vader just to surrender and keeps asking. Vader pauses during this and while his thoughts aren't explicit he's seems to reassess and avoid going full Dynasty Warriors because that'll probably get him killed.

Got the pages to show us?

>Trying to get Vader to surrender
>Not just magdumping on sight
How did that incompetent chucklefuck get entrusted with a leadership role, let alone that much manpower and firepower?

Sitting on my desk, it's a psychical version but i recal the link to the reader version being posted some time ago. Searching 4Plebs for "Vader Down" may yield the thread.

On that note I really would recommend the Marvel Vader series, as someone who does read comics it really swallowed me whole whenever I picked the new one up.

Orders were to apprehend.

Someone mentioned a "swoop bike in a suitcase" in the FFG RPG, but I can't seem to find it. Can you help me, Veeky Forums?
Found the jump boots and jetpack however. Are there more things like these?

In that case, the people who gave that plan the green light should be sacked.