Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How does YOUR character feel and react when their tail is touched, stroked, or pulled?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/variants/piecemealArmor.html
app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1875102/the-amber-fields-of-molthune
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/64726/the-amber-fields-of-molthune
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So what's your favourite class for early-game?

He's very ashamed of his tail, so it's usually tucked into his robe, but yeah, he wouldn't be pleased.

Warpriest or bloodrager.

What are some fundamental problems with pathfinder, and how do you fix them? What possible problems does your fic cause? Be specific.

Probably an angry hiss followed by a gauntlet'd backhand, if unexpected.

>How does YOUR character feel and react when their tail is touched, stroked, or pulled?

That's a really stupid fucking question, you know that? The tail is a sensitive and for many species prominent organ that, like any organ, doesn't like getting man-handled without explicit consent - it's like touching, stroking or pulling someone's hair, it's not something you do unless you're intimate or in a sexual situation.

do you get banned if you dont post weeb shit in a pathfinder thread?

/pfg/ summed up.

We never wanted this. We never did.

We're lewd and shitty and full of memes, but the people here genuinely want to at least put up a front of maturity. These goddamn images have been cropping up for almost a year now and it's really getting annoying.

I actually want it. I find them hilarious.

My boyfriend likes it because it's usually images he doesn't have saved in his 'cute image's folder, though he doesn't really post in pfg itself. I find it more annoying when the motherfucker starts a thread 5 posts into autosage than any content on the new thread, really.

It would be more funny if it wasnt the third time in the last week we have had the same ice breaker and image.

You're face is hilarious!

Ok give me a rundown on the great old one xhamen dor.

>We never wanted this. We never did.

Bull. Shit.

Even Paizo knows we're a bunch of degenerate fags. Why else would they give us fetish monsters, waifu adventurepaths, and SJW-bait iconics?

We asked for this. We might as well own it.

>Why else would they give us fetish monsters, waifu adventurepaths, and SJW-bait iconics?

They've stopped doing this years ago? When was the last time we got an adventurepath with actual honest to goodness love interests or creepy sex stuff?

The answer is Hell's Rebels, and they fucking put a TRIGGER WARNING on that shit - and that answer isn't even truly correct, because there were no waifus in Hell's Rebels either, just Barneyfags clopping up and down a Hell-tower being gleefully petty in some 6th grade attempt at edge.

He does not allow people to. Most of the time he's disguised anyway.

>implying Hell's Vengeance didn't have the best waifu
>implying Strange Aeons didn't have weird fetish tentacle sex

are you even trying to get freaky?

There's nothing freaky about tentacles.

Hell's Vengeance doesn't even have waifus, the only girl that you can really fuck is the bardic slut in like, Book 2-3 and she's explicitly described as a free-spirit who just likes to spread her legs for men that make her giggle.

>implying Strange Aeons didn't have weird fetish tentacle sex

Oh please, Strange Aeons has tentacles so *clearly* that means sex is going to be a thing. It's not like we've had more explicit insinuations of sex going on like with the Ogres death-fucking a Nymph and her boyfriend or an evil Aasimar taking the knot from her vile wolf-friends or heck, the fact Lamashtu's got a demon mask that literally allows you to mate with horses.

>What are some fundamental problems with pathfinder, and how do you fix them?
This could be an entire thread alone, and so it will be ignored because the real question is "What are some fundamental problems of 3.5 D&D".

What is this piecemeal armor you chaps are going on about?
What is this NEW fucking item system they have going on now?

>What is this piecemeal armor you chaps are going on about?
It's a way to squeeze out an extra 1 or 2 extra ac in exchange for going full autism.

Okay.

So like.

You know how armor has different bits?

It's that, mix-and-matching armor pieces. The rule is you always take the lowest Dex modifier, always take the highest ACP, and add-up the ACs.

Fuck you, sperg.
>You know how armor has different bits?
Yes, I do know that, D&D has NEVER had accurate armor rules, or plate would not have ridiculous ACP considering it's less encumbering than a maille hauberk.
>the rest of this
You wanna give a chap an example?

>You wanna give a chap an example?

Here you go, my man: paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/variants/piecemealArmor.html

And for an example:

>Arms (Tatami-do) - +1 AC, +3 Dex, -5 ACP (30 feet movement)
>Legs (Chain) - +0 AC, +2 Dex, -2 ACP (30 feet movement)
>Chest (Stone Coat) - +8 AC, +0 Dex, -7 ACP (20 feet movement)

This gives us armor with +9 AC, +0 Dex and -7 ACP treated as Heavy armor

Thinking of getting into Pathfinder.

Is the PF community generally better than other communities - If so, why?

How does Pathfinder fare? Is it unbalanced mess, fun, what does it focus on?

What is must have/know for a beginner?

My only advice is to not play in /pfg/ games and don't play with people from /pfg/ under any circumstances.

>Is the PF community generally better than
HAHAHAHAHAHA no.
>How is PF
It's spawn of 3.5 D&D, it is horrible mechanically.
>must know
As a beginner, you need to know that there is shit that does work, and there is shit/ideas that WILL NOT WORK AT ALL unless you know an incredible amount about the system and it's options.
I would greatly recommend you google 3.5/PF tier lists, as the dissertation explains the mechanical quibbles of the game handily.
This, too.

Even worse than 4e?

>Even worse than 4e?

4e had fucking amazing combat mechanics. It just sacrificed the soul of the game to get them.

A thick tail is a sign of success, so he enjoys women fawning over it just as much as being impressed by his physique.

see
You really just outted yourself.
The community may be no less trash, but 4e is NOT the mechanical hot mess of 3.pf, where basic system assumptions don't actually apply.
>It just sacrificed Vancian casting and artificial separation of class mechanics to get them
Unless you think 2e was shit because it didn't have skill ranks?

>You really just outted yourself.
What?

What the heck makes you think /pfg/ players or /pfg/ games are awful? When have you ever heard of a /pfg/ nightmare story? I've been gaming with you dorks for a good year now, and I can count the number of problems I've had on one hand. Pathfinder General is pretty great at making and running games, certainly better than Gamefinder and *way* better than Roll20.

So
>Arms: Plate
>Legs: Hide
>Torso: Plate
Would end up with 9AC, and the ACP/ASF of plate?
With less weight and hundreds off the price?

The biggest ones are Agile Plate (Torso) + Scale/Lamellar Steel (Arms) + Scale/Lamellar Steel (Legs), which is Mithral Full Plate in all but weight and price, costing only 570gp when masterwork for the equivalent of 10,500 gp.

The medium armor results in a 7 armor, +4 max dex, 2 ACP (1 when Masterwork), 30 ft. movespeed, all for 280gp. It's some combination of Chain Torso, Lamellar Horn Arms, Studded Leather Leg, and Masterwork.

If anything, system should be used for heavy armor, at least in pricing. Martials already get dicked in having to pay for the magic items that they do, charging them less for armor is a decent start. And actually, the movespeed thing is also a pretty good boon for them that I'd maybe keep around.

>>It just sacrificed Vancian casting and artificial separation of class mechanics to get them
>Unless you think 2e was shit because it didn't have skill ranks?

D&D isn't supposed to be balanced. 4e was too balanced for it's own good.

Well, is accurate?
It would be faithful to my character's image.

>What the heck makes you think /pfg/ players or /pfg/ games are awful?

Have you been in any of these fucking threads, you troglodyte? Every fucking time I've played with someone from Veeky Forums they've been a faggot. There have been no exceptions.

We try to have something decent, but in the end it's only a matter of time before it becomes part of the degenerate status quo.

>D&D isn't supposed to be balanced
Gygax disagreed with you since Basic.
The different XP tracks, the weakness of (offensive) wizards and hardiness of (defensive) clerics all speak of attempts to balance the game that were thrown out with 3e, leading to the mess that you see here and is defended as being the "correct" way to look at D&D.

>threads are games
>my experience counts but yours doesn't
>All I want for Christmas is (You)

And so comes the /pfg/ special: putting words into people's mouths. I never said your experience didn't count but your stupid fucking minds really like to twist people's words around.

>Have you been in any of these fucking threads, you troglodyte?

The thread is anonymous banter. Everyone that gets their username outted is way more civil, especially in games.

>Every fucking time I've played with someone from Veeky Forums they've been a faggot

YMMV, I guess? Some people find good groups, others get the faggots. I hope you find a good group with us soon! The RotJR and Molthune DM seems cool, and depending on who they pick it might be a real fun experience!

did you seriously come to the PF threat just to bitch about PF?

>The biggest ones are Agile Plate (Torso) + Scale/Lamellar Steel (Arms) + Scale/Lamellar Steel (Legs), which is Mithral Full Plate in all but weight and price
Does it count as medium armor due to it being 2 parts medium/1 heavy?

Nope, for proficiency purposes it counts as the heaviest piece.

I'd be 5 AC, +1 dex, 7 ACP, and heavy armor move speed. I'd avoid plate arms if you can. Most other arms come with gauntlets, so going scale, Lamellar or banded steel should be near enough with out dicking yourself on ACP. Even then, this probably is just worse wholesale than the standard armors.

Where ELSE would I do so?
I mean, if you people can go on about kitsunes, ero rp and how much you hate Paizo, surely I can relate my grievances about the game itself.

>I'd be 5 AC
>plate torso is 6 alone, arms are +1, hide is +1
Explain.

>The RotJR and Molthune DM seems cool, and depending on who they pick it might be a real fun experience!

I was interested in RotJR until it became everyone's favorite thing to talk about for months now. I'm also not remotely interested in "lewd" nonsense and I don't want to play a game full of it.

>tfw the armor combination that would be faithful to my character's organization or even fighting style is weaker than the stopgap suit he's got on now.

>tfw your armor is better without mucking around with piecemeal rules

>tfw getting dex, cha, and wis to ac while naked

Well, the good thing is it's almost over now - we're almost through with December, and when January rolls around the recruitment will too!

The frustration will be delicious.

What's the best caster and why?

I'm retarded and thought you said plate arms and legs with hide torso.

Yeah that'd be 9 AC, 1 max dex, and -7 ACP with heavy movespeed for 578 gp non-masterwork. My point on the Plate Arms still stands, they cost a shit ton and the only thing they give you is a fuck ton of ACP. Save yourself some money and failed rolls, swap arms out to something lighter. Or don't and just enjoy cheaper full plate.

Why the heck would you want to be naked? Having all those bits flopping around is uncomfortable, and awfully cold! You'll catch a chill and all sorts of wandering eyes, and not in the good way.

How?

>Where ELSE would I do so?
literally anywhere else

threads like this are supposed to be spaces for discussion and rp that are safe from shitposters who just want to whine all day because 3.5 touched them in a bad place

>tfw the piecemeal rules are basically shit, once again punishing creativity and holding to an idea/theme with mechanical failure
No , let's not bitch about PF in the PF thread. We all need to love it and support it like it's a fucking Paizo forum.

Because Endure Elements!

DEX as normal, WIS from monk/umonk, CHA from about three different deific obediences. Arshea's is one, I think, and I know there's others.

If you're not interested in lewd then maybe a lewd game was never for you in the first place, user.

Well that doesn't excuse half the problems with being nekkid, such as limited carrying capacity and all that uncomfortable movement - anyone with boobs of any firmness or heft will want a bra, and I can guarantee your first slip on some rocks will make you wish you had crotch protection!

How difficult is it to mage hand ranged legerdemain a ring off the enemy spellcaster?

I'm gonna play pathfinder for the first time,and I'm rather new to these games in general.Can anyone tell me the important differences between this and 3.5 and 5e?
Also the first game is supposed to be a one-shot and the dm will be offering already made character sheets but we can bring ours too.Should I make one or start with a made one?

How do I exotic magic campaign?

Not if my saves are good! You can learn to appreciate many thingsi f the pain is never enough to stop you!

When you play as a catfolk you don't imagine yourself looking like this right? Its okay to think anime in this case right?

Yeah, it's Purple Duck Games art because that's the only people who would license for the SRD.

Absolutely. I can't stand this guy's art.

Druid is best early game, where you get double action economy and wildshape before both those class features tail off.

Wizurd is best late game because Jason Buhlman has a pointy hat fetish. Also, Simulacrum is probably the single strongest spell in the game bar none by RAW.

Cleric is strong all the way through, and can gate in Solars with prayer beads. In addition, condition removal is so important to not die, I'd rather have a Cleric before any other full caster with respect to party composition.

Witches make the best necromancers due to the gravewalker archetype granting all the important necomancy spells (Command Undead, Animate Dead, Blood Money) at the lowest levels possible, can make their own nightsticks to make up for not having Desecrate, and they can attain pseudo-lichdom by using their archetype ability to possess undead bodies indefinitely.

Well, now I have... like a grand to spend before game start.
So, what are good, cheap items for a face to face melee beater/tank?

He's human, what are you talking about? Definitely don't have a tail. Certainly not a filthy animal, nope.

This is official art, but at the same time "anthro lion man" is official. Really, it all depends on the group of people you play with, because they're kind of like a slightly less varied Khajit in-lore.

I hope I didn't provoke that one -wis autist

Ta daa!

>Simulacrum is probably the single strongest spell in the game bar none by RAW.
It still took a heavy hit in PF, it is not as much of a powerhouse as it was in 3.5.
I would take Create Undead over it.

>NOT AUTHORIZED
>NOT AUTHORIZED
>NOT AUTHORIZED

WHEN
WILL
THEY
LEARN

Bad link, son

What is this and why is it not public?

I dunno, if you can make a knowledge check to establish you know a thing exists, you can make a simulacrum of it. You don;t need a sample of the subject to make a simulacra anymore. Even using it for it's "intended" purpose, at the level you're getting it at, you've basically quickened all of your level 3 and lower slots simultaneously, while doubling your action economy, and if it snuffs it, you just make another one for hideously cheap prices.

Making a Tarrasque simulacra mount for the fighter is always fun too, I highly recommend it.

Are you sure you are logged in to roll20.net? It should work. I listed it and everything!

Your saves are rubbish! All the reflex and Fortitude saves in the world won't save you from chest bruises from your E cups slapping against them all day!

Big chests have big consequences!

>Catfolk are boneless.jpg

not if i can help it

LET ME IN

LET. ME. IN.

What you have to do I think is open the looking for group bit or something so it's public, otherwise we have to get invite links specifically to it.

I'm logged in and it does nothing! NOTHING!

why is /pfg/ so disgustingly weeb?
It's the most weeb out of all system the generals. Shit even when we had a "japanese RPGs general" it was still less weeb than you guys.

>How does YOUR character feel and react when their tail is touched, stroked, or pulled?
This shit is on the same level as Veeky Forums various weeb mmo generals like tera and tree of savior

Good!
Honestly I would take that one a khajit over whatever that THING is I posted.

And there's nothing wrong with some bruises! They complement the paleness of my skin and feel oh so wonderful!

My bad.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/64726/the-amber-fields-of-molthune

Now it should work.

>mfw that image

I keep forgetting to add that to my folder.
I still kind of regret making that joke about my sorcerer's cat familiar, but at the same time it was so patently absurd I want to revisit it.

Oh shit, how many people are you taking?

Much better, senpai

>Making a Tarrasque simulacra mount for the fighter is always fun too, I highly recommend it.
If you have caster level 30 you should never need that.

>Total players needed: 7