Half-Drow Half Orc; or Dorc

Is there anybody who wouldn't hate drow-orc hybrids (dorcs)? How would one even come to be born and not immediately killed? What would they even be good at aside from being hated?

>drow gets tired of constantly having to dodge assassinations; leaves
>orc gets tired of constantly having to fight other orcs over dumb shit; leaves
Or:
>drow male gets tired of being dominated/beat by female drow; leaves
>orc female gets tired of being dominated/beat by male orc; leaves
Or:
>one has the other as a slave

They both have strikingly similarly shitty societies.

They don't survive. They get constantly their undies pulled over their heads and then the bullies hold them upside down to get their lunch money.

Life of a dorc is suffering, until they find their true love in shitposting in R'lyehian underwater basketweaving forums.

In the 5e Monster Manual, it mentions orcs specifically having a taboo against both sex and rape with elves.

And I'm pretty sure drow use birth control when they fuck their slaves.

How could they not want to tap that sweet elf ass?

Don't know. Orcs are fine with rape and/or sex with anything else, from halflings to ogres.

The first two both sound super comphy. Two people sick of stressing out over their societies bullshit meet and start a farm or something.

Damn, I may have to use this as a charicter backstory. Have him be the result of the second option. He is very nice and well adjusted. Took up adveturing to make a name for himself.

Orcs don't feel sexual attraction. Reproduction is a mundane, almost burdensome obligation to their minds. They feel nothing when they rape, only the complacency of knowing they've satisfied their mad, wrathful gods for another day.

I was thinking something like that, or maybe they lived in a cozy secluded cabin in the woods to raise their little mongrel child because everyone hates them, and the adorable little mutt became a druid or hunter or something.

Literally everyone will still hate you for being both an orc and a drow.

- And - makes a +?

... No?
Can't hurt me for trying. Or well, you can.

Please don't hurt me.

Actually played a character like that in 5e
It was really just a Half-Elf that added its two optional points into strength and constitution, picked Intimidation as its optional skill, and Orcis as its third language

still, was a fun character

Unless they are in Eberron which gets rid of most of the stupid "evil:the race" shit.

The Dark Maiden would gladly welcome them into the fold.

Limiting entire races of sentient humanoids to a single alignment is indeed pretty silly.

>that one orc/elf comic is actually canon

I mean you can just use standard half-orc stats.

Also, play them as super nice. Just like a great guy, from a balanced home. Go as hard against edge as possible.

There was one in the Lady Penitent trilogy.

He died quickly.

I suppose some kind of mask or other disguise could help, too.

If the picture is anything to go by, he'd be a weird lookin, lanky, awkward klutz. He might get bullied just for that alone, regardless of his parentage.

All you need to do is throw some Gnoll in there somewhere, and you have the recipe for the Perfect Asshole.

Well why would they be killed right away?
I mean I know the standard "mixed abomination that must be destroyed to preserve our cultural identity" but both orcs and drow are peoples that are known for let's say atypical morals and who make regular use of slavery. Both races are even known for regularly procreating with their slaves and producing mixed children, sometimes even purposefully doing it to create stronger slaves or simply for experiment/entertainment.

While they might even be purposefully created they probably wouldn't be held in equal esteem as their full-blooded peers and would face a life of slavery or discrimination they'd likely seek to escape.

As for what they'd be good at, both lineages have dark-vision so that's a given. Orks bring strength to the mix while drow are more agile and intelligent with some spell ability that might be passed on.

You could play up any element of the traits to your personal narrative and mechanical preference but from a fairly even combination of the source material it's not hard to imagine a darker skinned orc with more elven/fair features who may be slighter of build than the average orc but more lithe and intelligent even with some natural magic or greater potential to learn.

>And I'm pretty sure drow use birth control when they fuck their slaves
They also breed abominations for fun and profit from demons and spiders among other monstrosities.

I dunno, man. The hate between drow and orcs is a special kind of burning hatred.

Drow probably hate elves even more but they'll take both as slaves.

I can imagine dorcs bred and trained as expendable assassins for drow; the strength of an orc, the agility and cunning of a drow, maybe an inherited darkness spell like ability. They could also be supervisors over other slaves as more intelligent/agreeable middle-managers or even an undercover plant that passes for a dark shrimpy orc.

For orc society, I could imagine dorcs as a scout or the rare tribal mage. While they might be treated as an outsider/lesser I could even imagine a powerful one taking over leadership of a tribe through cunning and force.

I dont think orcs see a difference between elves and drow, and drow just look at orcs as they would any other beast race. Their gods have even been allies from time to time

>Their gods have even been allies from time to time
Well they do share a lot of enemies too.

You mean... Everyone?

But especially elves and human nations that band together to deal with drow and orc raids.

Who wouldn't though? Dwarves maybe?