Bought family a bunch of board games that can be played with lots of people during christmas holidays

>bought family a bunch of board games that can be played with lots of people during christmas holidays
>4 people might not be coming because of flu
>Just me, my sister and narcistic father and game-oblivious mother.

Bring along a pet to make it 5.

>I have no friends
>family has fallen apart
>mother dead
>haven't spoken to my father in years

I'm gonna spend the holidays in front of my pc trying to pretend the world outside doesn't exist.

If you play Magic I'll happily send you a duplicate jank rare in the colour of your choosing, depending on the part of the world you live in. Don't feel bad user, I wish you a Merry Christmas. Get drunk do drugs and watch some cartoons.

I don't anymore,
I should suck it up and ask the only Veeky Forums friend I have if he can be bothered withstanding my presence.

That's unfortunate.

You should jerk off, secure in the knowledge that no one can judge you, because evem if they know you exist they're not thinking about you.

Winter blues, eh guys?

Remember, for each day you're alive, you're given another chance to make life more livable.

>Remember, for each day you're alive, you're given another chance to make Games Workshop more money.

>don't buy games
>don't have friends
>neglect my acquaintances
>don't interact with my family
>spend the Christmas alone with an imaginary friend
This is fine.

>buy board games (euro, strategy, resource management, meeples, etc.)
>let's just play monopoly or that funny one you got with the cards

How do I make my friends and family non-pleb tier? I've started basic with shit like Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan but once the rules go past roll dice or draw a funny picture I lose them.

Lying games worked as a great introduction for my family and now we play stuff like Merchants & Marauders every Saturday night. Balderdash and Secret Hitler are both fun choices, but don't play the former with stupid people/people with shit handwriting or the night will end on a sour note.

Starting up a campaign with my brothers and a friend
>None of them know how to play 5e or make characters
>Start up Curse of Strahd
>They nearly get slaughtered in Death House, I have to GM fiat their survival
>Don't even make it to the basement
>They have no idea what to do and almost seem to expect me to lay out a railroad
I'd call them vidyababbies, but at least they have the basic decency and enthusiasm to try at it.

gonna go see family and play another round of "nobody knows the rules to poker."

I'll drink to that.

Buy someone a copy of According to Hoyle.

I've got my parents coming from out of town, my brother and his wife bringing the nephews, and maybe 6 or so friends coming over for afternoon cocktails. I'm going to see if we can't all rock Two Rooms and a Boom.

Are you the good Alpharius or the bad Alpharius?

>How do I make my friends and family non-pleb tier? I've started basic with shit like Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan but once the rules go past roll dice or draw a funny picture I lose them.

You could meet them halfway and try A Fake Artist Goes to New York.

Honestly, you don't even need to buy the game. You just need a different colored marker for each player and some index cards.

Well, Sheriff of Nottingham and Resistance both actually went over well and I have Secret Hitler in my list of games to try out with them.

Guess this weekend I'll just stick to those ones and the basic party/trivia games like CAH, Dixit, Bezzerwizzer, etc.

> A Fake Artist Goes to New York.

Added, thanks.

>Implying there's only two of us.

>implying

Strahd is an awful campaign for first timers.
Lost Mine -> SKT if they want to keep playing works best.

Try Spyfall, you can play it with your phones.

The """""""""'"flu"""""""""""

They just don't want to play games with you user

Who's your friend user? What's the last thing g you did with them?

This game is excellent. Has anyone played their other games?

>catan
That piece of shit is good as a meme/copypasta and not much else
The best intro game is talisman

Well, yeah... if you're 14 and have nothing better to do for 5 hours.

And catan is great at any age if you have nothing to do with your life
All it has going for it is ma trading

Are you me?

Combine Balderdash and drawing pictures and play Drawful. It's also done on phones/TV screen, so people don't feel like they're playing a board game.

>Settlers of Catan
But that's already non-pleb tier.

Bend your sister over the table and fuck her. It'll distract from the games.

>Desperately want to play advanced board games
>Most people who might be interested live too far away
>I'd spend the entire weekend learning them the game without playing properly
>Moved out to the country, no clubs to join

>When I actually DO invite them, they only want to play fucking Munchkin
>Non-native English speakers, I'm writhing in my chair as they spend ten minutes reading a single card and frowning
>One of the girls present takes the longest and end up not understanding it anyway making her bf read it to her
>She's an English teacher

Euro board gaming is suffering.

I know how you guys feel, I've got 3 Christmas parties to go to, one for my family, one for my extended family, and one with my 5 closest friends. it sucks being alone.

Euro where?
Let's meet up and be gay.

Most advanced Veeky Forums experience I had was a pseudo cluedo when I was 12
Last Veeky Forums activity was playing Bang with some friends

Are you being sarcastic?

>Euro where?
Norway. I'd seriously consider going gay for you if you were half decent at board games. Hell, at this point I'd probably bottom for anyone not needing to be explained a basic rule four times.